Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,457 members, 7,954,789 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:25 AM

Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points (62268 Views)

Ortom Orders Removal Of His Name From Wheelbarrows, Hoes / Rumours Of Military Coup Spread In Nigeria, Buratai Warns Soldiers / The 92 Armed Herdsmen Arrested By Soldiers At Check-points (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by holysaint1(m): 10:02pm On Jun 22, 2015
Bluetooth2:

How many times have you seen the military doing the work of the police in developed countries ? The fact that it has become the norm over time doesn't make it an acceptable standard. Just admit it was a wise decision and stop tripping.

with all due respect....... think b4 u type.
Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by Okaka27(m): 10:26pm On Jun 22, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
BH will have a field day on defenceless civilians now, I'm still baffled with this Daura President
OK ma
Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by Okaka27(m): 10:28pm On Jun 22, 2015
holysaint1:

with all due respect....... think b4 u type.
U KNOW NOTHING ABOUT SECURITY TACTICS,

ALLOW AN EXPERIENCED PERSON DU HIS JOB.

ADUNNO WHATS WRONG WITH ALL DIS TANOIDS
Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jun 22, 2015
wah da 4k!!! nah wah on to buhari oh!criminals reporting back on duty? nnahmen!this is fyioktop!!
Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by manutdadex(m): 11:06pm On Jun 22, 2015
Bluetooth2:

Maiduguri is heavily militarized yet bombing is a daily affair there. What will you say about that ?
wen ur neighbors are being that's when you will remove ur gate and ur security personnel
Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by darkjorse: 11:06pm On Jun 22, 2015
This man is senile. He thinks 2015 is 1983. The Daura President. #babaonechance

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by manutdadex(m): 11:09pm On Jun 22, 2015
CaptaiinG:
I have nothing to say to you but you have to grow up, at this age if u can't quote a comment without insulting then you are suffering from ignorance, it's never too last bro... U must know that now
no vex.... But I av to... I couldn't help... Its a bad tin to be a fan of politician... Wen they are wrong u won't c it.. And ur attempt in defending him was so pathetic that I couldn't help but throw some light punches at u
Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by bidex(m): 11:31pm On Jun 22, 2015
buygala:
I am no expert on security issues, but this doesn't look good from whatever standpoint I choose to look at it sad

Nigeria is on terror alert and some peeps, like the op above me, are busy yapping about the provisions of the Constitution. undecided....Of what use is the Constitution to a dead citizen? ... The Constitution can properly be set aside on grounds of overriding Public interest..And the current Nigerian situation isn't one where we should allow the Constitution jeopardize our chances of survival both as individuals and as a nation sad

The Nigerian Police is presently physically and emotionally unequipped to properly handle armed robberies, much less terrorists who are almost always out-gunning trained soldiers .... What seems proper to me is that soldiers keep on maintaining internal security, while the Police Force is then properly re-oriented and equipped to take over its Constitutional duties... Because I am already shuddering at the prospect of drunk, and lily-livered Police men manning our state Borders and other sensitive internal areas embarassed

is it just me, or is Baba really going senile?
My friend, from ages past, military operations is never to do internal securities. they are never allowed during OBJ neither during Ya'radua's reign. its past administration that reduced their values by making them to take over police jobs.
We have to start making things right from now or else we will continue to fail. this is a wake up call for all of us.
don't u know that the military lost thier values during past administration? they were reduced to the extent that they became campaign tools.
Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by hansad: 11:34pm On Jun 22, 2015
lastpage:
He ordered Military to do the job:
The HATERS were all over the place shouting "this man should know we are in a democracy, this man has military mentality, this man trusts only his 'boys' e.t.c

Now, he replaces them with the constitutionally approved Police:

The children of ANGER again came to town: The Police is not ready, What did we do to Buhari, this is not important, blah-blah-blah! shocked shocked

Shoooh!
I pray this their madness does not stop o, because they are on a VERY LONG THING............ till 2023
tongue tongue tongue

Meanwhile #SaiBaaba nor send anybody..... Haters and Anger Pikins can jump inside ma Soakaway!
kiss kiss

Lastpage!

You pay any day any BH activity gets to any place south that has no business with BH and its northern sharia business, okay? Police is not used for security in a warring country. Nigeria is at war. Police is used in peace time. can anybody tell Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan, even Egypt, to use only police to secure their roads?

Ordering Nigerian army out from manning Nigeria's roads implies giving freer movement to terrorists - simple.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by kuchikau: 11:58pm On Jun 22, 2015
The duara dullard is at it again...he will fail in his evil plans

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by kuchikau: 11:58pm On Jun 22, 2015
Foolish president...

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by techlegs: 12:02am On Jun 23, 2015
Can someone please explain the merits and demerits of this decision? Looking at the situation of things in the country especially internal insecurity occasioned by BH and armed robbery.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by figment232(m): 12:19am On Jun 23, 2015
doctokwus:
I doubt if PMB wouldn't have noted the poor state of the police before making this critical decision.
But most importantly,let's await the details of d decision before making any informed comments.
Wot details re u waiting for? are u dumb?
Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by figment232(m): 12:27am On Jun 23, 2015
JoeCutie:
Magnificent decision. The internal security of a nation is taken care of by the Police and not the soldiers. The army are based in the bushes, at the borders and are seen around once in a while. The Police should assume their responsibility back.
Yam head

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by figment232(m): 12:36am On Jun 23, 2015
Does this Daura President hv d constitutional right to make such proclamation without d approval of d national assembly.SARAKI ,DONGARA plz rescue us frm dis senile General.Nigerians reject this senseless decision it is wicked and myopic.
Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by MizMyColi(f): 12:45am On Jun 23, 2015
AirborneLacer:

Darl as much as you've made good points on this development, I still believe the President is doing the right thing.

This is Nigeria not Somali or Libya. The military has no business whatsoever with the civilians unless during days of insurgency.

We keep defying normalcy by allowing the army to be on check-points, streets and walkways.

You don't just throw away your old spoilt toy for a new one when you could have easily fixed it. If the Nigerian Police have been left in a state of decay, I believe it's best thing we push for reforms not to have them wholly prevented from performing their duties.

The military might have instilled discipline and restored decorum in the Nigerian society, but then the manner through which that was achieved doesn't bode well with our fundamental human rights. The citizenry who were supposed to be protected are being subjected to harsh treatment and severe punishment by the army.

In some states, the army are bought easily by some individuals and influential figures and are used to settle scores, this clearly tells one thing, the military just like the police are also corrupt.

So I believe this is a good move, one that must be followed up with the reform of the Nigerian Police.

The question now is, what visible signs of empowerment have we seen, except sewing new school uniforms that look like that of the armygrin

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by 400billionman: 2:55am On Jun 23, 2015
buygala:
I am no expert on security issues, but this doesn't look good from whatever standpoint I choose to look at it sad

Nigeria is on terror alert and some peeps, like the op above me, are busy yapping about the provisions of the Constitution. undecided....Of what use is the Constitution to a dead citizen? ... The Constitution can properly be set aside on grounds of overriding Public interest..And the current Nigerian situation isn't one where we should allow the Constitution jeopardize our chances of survival both as individuals and as a nation sad

The Nigerian Police is presently physically and emotionally unequipped to properly handle armed robberies, much less terrorists who are almost always out-gunning trained soldiers .... What seems proper to me is that soldiers keep on maintaining internal security, while the Police Force is then properly re-oriented and equipped to take over its Constitutional duties... Because I am already shuddering at the prospect of drunk, and lily-livered Police men manning our state Borders and other sensitive internal areas embarassed

is it just me, or is Baba really going senile?

Most policeman just conduct their work like mere civil servants. More concerned about egunje..

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by 400billionman: 3:00am On Jun 23, 2015
barcanista:
Where did we wrong President Muhammadu Buhari?

Arase the police IG just banned police roadblocks and since then we have started experiencing peace while driving not the usual N50 per kilometer.

Police roadblocks are just useless. I pray the IG of police still insists on no roadblocks. I hope Buhari does not revert this order after some bloody armed robberies occur on the highways.

Dullard.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by galadima77(m): 5:37am On Jun 23, 2015
barcanista:
Where did we wrong President Muhammadu Buhari?

those of us that voted for him are okay with his decisions. We ain't complaining
speak for TANoids

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by galadima77(m): 5:39am On Jun 23, 2015
figment232:
Does this Daura President hv d constitutional right to make such proclamation without d approval of d national assembly.SARAKI ,DONGARA plz rescue us frm dis senile General.Nigerians reject this senseless decision it is wicked and myopic.

next time, use small sense

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by geeyinks: 5:46am On Jun 23, 2015
its a good decision by the president.. handing internal security over to policemen but the president didnt order the remover of miltary check point were bokoharam operate.. jst only states were there is no bokoharam. kudos to u PMB
Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by Nobody: 5:47am On Jun 23, 2015
all this things you ppl are saying here has being said and look into critically at d meeting before making dis decision... .... which boko go move freely. ...when dey go done start to dey dash dem bloody nose in dea lungu. .....just chill baba is a military man and he knows better
ibiliv d old general has draw a deadly plan for boko boyx....
watch as it unfold
Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by niceguy7(m): 6:05am On Jun 23, 2015
Buhari haz started working.....
Obey the last order grin
Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by Chekitaut: 6:05am On Jun 23, 2015
Am surprise that military disobey PMB order, come and see them at Songo bridge all truck pay 100-200naira or you are floged with fan belt around 10pm last nite till as i write this.

you can also find them live collecting money on Lagos Ibadan expressway.

Is it that Mr President is a toothless buldog? But i dont belief sha...
Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by mescapee: 6:18am On Jun 23, 2015
Islie:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/buhari-orders-removal-of-military-check-points/

Cc lalasticlala

He should also ensure that he replaces security at Aso Rock with policemen.
Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by mescapee: 6:19am On Jun 23, 2015
otijah:
yeah so that Boko Haram can easily gain access into south east and south south including the rest of the country.
We are finished

hmmmmmmmmmm. food for thought.
Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by figment232(m): 6:57am On Jun 23, 2015
galadima77:

next time, use small sense
Foolish man,like your foolish dullard President.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by theV0ice: 7:01am On Jun 23, 2015
Appleyard:

True words bro. There are times i do wonder if there is a police force in Nigeria, because, like you rightly mentioned, the Nigeria army has been factually playing a dual role--- internal and external security. It has become so bad that people now prefer to settle scores and carry out arrests of offenders using the army or vigilante groups, simply because the NPF has lost its integrity and whatever deterence it can project, due to endemic corruption, under development and betrayal of public trust.

The Nigerian police force is virtually none functioning and in none existence.

It is very heart breaking when a policeman practically select the cases and checks he needs to handle, as it relates to arrest of persons and investigations in area of operation and zoning within the force. But when you call the same policeman to help in recovering a debt, you would be shock to see how effectve he is, as if that is part of his duty, when you shall behold in awe the intimidation, brutality and arrests that would follow---since he is gonna get some change from it. But the same policeman will look the other way from a suspected tinted glass Jeep, not caring what is inside, provided he has gotten the much revered hundred naira note: something you hardly see a SOULJA do.

It is even more regretably lugubrous when you come accross a policeman who can not distinguished between a criminal and civil offence. Very pathetic.
The same policeman you will find on the highways and byways!

Therefore, the removal of the army from all check points, though done in good faith, is likely to exacarbate the fragile security condition of our roads and cities, since that deterrence (however little) may no longer be there.

May God help us!

You're so much on point bro.

Cheers
Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by Spells(m): 7:12am On Jun 23, 2015
This is so not good,,,,,,,all the police does it waste ur time on da road, ask u useless Question like where are u coming from and anything for the boys or oya u must find us sumtin oh...instead of doing da proper tin...police really sucks believe mi

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by Gwazah(m): 7:13am On Jun 23, 2015
It is not the fault of the police not being able to curb crime in the country. Reasons
1) Police are not protected by the law- In a democratic state, the right of the citizens must be giving to them as prescribed by the constitution, but the police also have the right of carrying out their duties with out harassment from civilians, but reverse is the case, and as such the situation may warrant the police to use minimum force which may subsequently result to the use of fire arm. when a policeman uses his fire arm, it will result to the top brass removing their hands and sacrificing the officer just to make name. This have made many policemen to overlooked some crimes and let them go.
2) Poor Equipment: check out which equipment other countries police are using, but we continue sending policemen with only AK47 to go out and detect today's crime? what about technological equipment?
3) poor welfare. U need to see the hardship a bereaved family passes through. Even to convey the officers corpse to his hometown is the burden of the family.
4) Political Interference. This is affecting not only the police but our courts also.
In fact the police prefer now to overlook crime and live in peace, because some people are above the law, no Rule of Law in this country.
Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by Nobody: 7:19am On Jun 23, 2015
please fellow nairalanders, I realy need an advice

I sold my chickens to someone since ending of december 2014 on credit.

since then, he is just beating around the bush about the money.

please is it right to call a soldier for such a person? cos I need the money badly at this moment.

please help!!!!!!
Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by Ifebazz(m): 7:39am On Jun 23, 2015
Why are people just yapping away? I don't think the President meant restive areas when he said what he said. Delta state for instance, do they have Boko haram at Agbor were soldiers brought in by this new governor embarrass and humiliate citizens cos his father was kidnapped almost a decade ago?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Enyinnaya Abaribe: The Igbo Man Doesn't Kneel For Anybody Except His Chi / 10 Things Tinubu Said In Public Broadcast / Meet The Female Dj That Performed At Buhari's Inauguration Gala Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.