Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,730 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:14 PM

Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points (61874 Views)

Ortom Orders Removal Of His Name From Wheelbarrows, Hoes / Rumours Of Military Coup Spread In Nigeria, Buratai Warns Soldiers / The 92 Armed Herdsmen Arrested By Soldiers At Check-points (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jun 22, 2015
Abba999:

Stop comparing. The countries u mentioned are developing countries as they chose to refer to themselves. But your nigeria is an underdevoped country.

If Nigeria is an underdeveloped country, then somali will be what ?
Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by Mznaett: 6:41pm On Jun 22, 2015
Singing & wailing#God be with Nigerians till we meet again i.e after HA~BU~RI's tenure

#lady4rmmars

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by fineguy11(m): 6:44pm On Jun 22, 2015
buygala:
I am no expert on security issues, but this doesn't look good from whatever standpoint I choose to look at it sad

Nigeria is on terror alert and some peeps, like the op above me, are busy yapping about the provisions of the Constitution. undecided....Of what use is the Constitution to a dead citizen? ... The Constitution can properly be set aside on grounds of overriding Public interest..And the current Nigerian situation isn't one where we should allow the Constitution jeopardize our chances of survival both as individuals and as a nation sad

The Nigerian Police is presently physically and emotionally unequipped to properly handle armed robberies, much less terrorists who are almost always out-gunning trained soldiers .... What seems proper to me is that soldiers keep on maintaining internal security, while the Police Force is then properly re-oriented and equipped to take over its Constitutional duties... Because I am already shuddering at the prospect of drunk, and lily-livered Police men manning our state Borders and other sensitive internal areas embarassed

is it just me, or is Baba really going senile?
its just u.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by ZeezaRapture(m): 6:46pm On Jun 22, 2015
barcanista:
Buhari don come o
Mogidi ecoterrors Make una come see o

as always, i know what is in your mind now is creating another worthless thread on this issue..

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by ayindejimmy(m): 6:47pm On Jun 22, 2015
buygala:
I am no expert on security issues, but this doesn't look good from whatever standpoint I choose to look at it sad

Nigeria is on terror alert and some peeps, like the op above me, are busy yapping about the provisions of the Constitution. undecided....Of what use is the Constitution to a dead citizen? ... The Constitution can properly be set aside on grounds of overriding Public interest..And the current Nigerian situation isn't one where we should allow the Constitution jeopardize our chances of survival both as individuals and as a nation sad

The Nigerian Police is presently physically and emotionally unequipped to properly handle armed robberies, much less terrorists who are almost always out-gunning trained soldiers .... What seems proper to me is that soldiers keep on maintaining internal security, while the Police Force is then properly re-oriented and equipped to take over its Constitutional duties... Because I am already shuddering at the prospect of drunk, and lily-livered Police men manning our state Borders and other sensitive internal areas embarassed

I think it's possibly you, going senile at an early age.
The Police have many special squad like Anti-robbery.... To take care of emergency situations.
Let's learn to do things the right way. It's simple civic education rule
Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by Osama10(m): 6:51pm On Jun 22, 2015
It ought to be the norm under normal circumstances, but we all know how corrupt the police is today & very under trained/equiped for the job.

Armed robbers would be jubilating now.
Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by worksmart(m): 6:51pm On Jun 22, 2015
It is not you.

Something is obviously wrong.

Our president if we ignore the daily photos of him that are being released, the facts on the ground suggests the president is absent.

No appearance to announce a ministerial team.

No appearance to inaugurate his own NAss.

No appearance to be photographed walking into Aso Villa offices to attend meetings with his transition committee (neither have members of the committee been seen).

No appearance to declare his assets.

No appearance at meeting with APC lawmakers.

No appearance at any press conference anywhere, despite apparently attending two international summits
buygala:

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by B69U: 6:52pm On Jun 22, 2015
Buhari want to move Islamist military down south to murder non muslim.

Buhari is a terrorist! UN Help us! Save us!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by caprini1: 6:52pm On Jun 22, 2015
Oh dear!.....time to start explaining CMR and ECMR not needed in my vehicle papers again

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jun 22, 2015
barcanista:
Where did we wrong President Muhammadu Buhari?
hypocrite
Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by Abba999(f): 6:54pm On Jun 22, 2015
Bluetooth2:

If Nigeria is an underdeveloped country, then somali will be what ?

They are all categorized as underdeveloped countries in Africa. Uncle, google is your friend.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by churchmind: 7:01pm On Jun 22, 2015
Islie:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/buhari-orders-removal-of-military-check-points/

Cc lalasticlala
BOKO HARI n some cabal in APC hav started stage managing d seed of evil d sow after claiming thousand of souls just to get power now d commander boko hari hav given directive base on d agreement he has entered wit boko boys,pls let us nt b decieve by a suden ceasfire

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by JoeCutie(m): 7:03pm On Jun 22, 2015
Magnificent decision. The internal security of a nation is taken care of by the Police and not the soldiers. The army are based in the bushes, at the borders and are seen around once in a while. The Police should assume their responsibility back.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by blackprowler: 7:05pm On Jun 22, 2015
buygala:

When "Baba" does what's different from what you think, he's going senile. Thank you. The poster above you is right; you are wrong. Your reasons are mostly in your head and not based on reality. It's time the leadership of this country empowered some of us to re-orient the minds of many many Nigerians who've become used to an anomaly and want it to remain that way

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by zart24: 7:05pm On Jun 22, 2015
jamesharryson:
must they be removing it every week? pls tell buhari to focus on important issues first
Can you tell us the issue that is more important than security in this country at the moment. mumu, if you don't have any thing tangible to contribute I will advice you to and sleep.
Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by rusher14: 7:10pm On Jun 22, 2015
Bluetooth2:

How many times have you seen the military doing the work of the police in developed countries ? The fact that it has become the norm over time doesn't make it an acceptable standard. Just admit it was a wise decision and stop tripping.

Has he acknowledged anything from the president as right?

Leave him to continue ridiculing himself.

A General with experience on the field and as an administrator has spoken.

Results follow.

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by chukzy700: 7:13pm On Jun 22, 2015
Good start Mr President
Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by ADIBEFRANK(m): 7:15pm On Jun 22, 2015
That is a welcome development
Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by ganye1: 7:17pm On Jun 22, 2015
The military check points are useless because they don't stop terrorist from operating. They expose the military to corruption. The military men who man the check points now love N20 more than the police do. Those of us who live in the north east know what we go through as a result of the wicked and useless check points that disappear whenever the terrorist attack. This is the best thing Nigerian govt has done for a long time.
This shows that Pres Buhari knows what is needed to fight Boko Haram. Surely the end of Boko haram is near.
Good bless our President Gen Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by SegzyJoe(m): 7:24pm On Jun 22, 2015
Many people don't seems to know that exposure of the military to the public through checkpoint and usurpation of police duty portend grave danger to democratic institutions, is capable of destroying the military itself, it will end up in corruption of the military, as well as militarization of our psychic.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by ibisko04: 7:27pm On Jun 22, 2015
Because we have been operating under abnormal situation does not mean we should continue in the abnormal way.
Police must be made to carry out their constitutional duty. Before the new directive was pronounced, the authority must have put everything under consideration.
Soldiers will still be on duty where necessary.
This is part of the change we are talking about.
If you look around you in the past three weeks, you must have noticed that things are getting better without much noise.
CHANGE IS HERE.
Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by mustafo: 7:38pm On Jun 22, 2015
Afterall the military are supposed to mount external border posts and not internal security against citizens.
Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by selfmade22: 7:40pm On Jun 22, 2015
by the power vested on any police caught collecting 20naira will "firing squad". since military are dare yet we still witness bombing...just thinking
Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by Certifiedboss: 7:41pm On Jun 22, 2015
Islie:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/buhari-orders-removal-of-military-check-points/

Cc lalasticlala

Nice move .... The military men r not supoose to be seen on the streets or else there's an state of emergency .
Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jun 22, 2015
Military should be on the battle front dealing with the militants and terrorists.
Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by discusant: 7:46pm On Jun 22, 2015
My O My, This shall enable Boko Haram with its sharia gain access to all parts of Nigeria.

Nigeria Police ought to have been given further training on Boko Haram before this surprising order.
State Police should have been restored before this order.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by iamlol(m): 7:47pm On Jun 22, 2015
I totally Aladdin with these Aladdin
Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by discusant: 7:52pm On Jun 22, 2015
CR77:

OMG Boko Haram free access into south east and south south

Yep. That's it!!!

In 2001, Buhari charged Muslims to ensure that sharia criminal justice system is extended to all nooks and crannies of Nigeria.

Boko Haram has consistently maintained that it is fighting for a country friendly with sharia criminal justice system.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by SergeAlain: 7:53pm On Jun 22, 2015
Does this include in the middle belt where fulani herdsmen are running amok?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by EbiJUNIRO(m): 7:56pm On Jun 22, 2015
buygala:

This is definitely a room for boko boys to penetrate south West south East n even south south properly... What's this man's plan

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jun 22, 2015
AlPeter:

you see your life exposing your lack of a functional cerebellum to the entire world..... ehn, ok let me educate you small.
The president didn't order the police to take over the war against BokoHaram instead he ordered the removal of military Road Blocks while asking the police to take over internal security. this move i believe is to make the military focus more on the fight against insurgency in the country. now, this decision was not made overnight it was a joint decision arrived at after having a five hour meeting
with the service chiefs.
The Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Defence, Ismail Aliyu, has this to say, “The President has instructed the Chief of Defence Staff to get the Chief of Army Staff and Inspector General of Police to remove all the military men along the road across the country. The Nigerian Armed Forces are very ready, we have briefed him. One most interesting thing about it is that we are going out much happier because he has shown to us that he is still a soldier, he has updated and enriched our strategic plans."

Back to what you told the other poster....

What you said here does not make any sense and as they say, "Common sense is not truly common" and you have just proven that grin
Re: Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points by mrtruth: 8:01pm On Jun 22, 2015
This possibly reveals hidden agreement with boko haram. You know the original birth of the islamists was the birth of what they called the imposition of a christian president over moslems. Boko haram never hid that grievance all this period. They only turned against some moslems for not supportiing their campaign. The day, I mean the very day Buhari won all the internal security checks in my area were removed. I was to travel and the area boy told everyone to go on without check. He said their was no more bh. If it be so, I won't be shocked that baba is doing this today

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

FG Closes Case Against Onnoghen After 3 Witnesses / Bishop Oyedepo, Atiku And Obasanjo Meet At OBJ's Residence In Abeokuta (Photos) / Seven Of Buhari's Actions That Led Nigeria Into Recession

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.