Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,394 members, 7,861,103 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:26 AM

Alhaji Atiku Abubakar Can Still Become President Of Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alhaji Atiku Abubakar Can Still Become President Of Nigeria (3898 Views)

Atiku Abubakar Congratulates Super Eagles On Qualifying For World Cup / Twenty Young Nigerians Who Helped General Buhari Become President Buhari In 2015 / Top 7 Young Nigerians Who Are Likely To Become President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alhaji Atiku Abubakar Can Still Become President Of Nigeria by Lucasbalo(m): 8:51pm On Jun 23, 2015
Orikinla:

So true.
But we have to move forward with those who are coming forward to contest when the less corrupt ones are reluctant to come out.
Even majority of Nigerian voters sell their votes. So, they are not innocent.
Mr Orikinla, you are correct about that. It's just appalling seeing the way that beautiful country is being run to the ground. My cousin is the former chair in Lagos Island and that's my point of disagreement with him. Nigeria will never move forward with corruption in the mind sent of her leaders. I grew up here and two of our former Governors are in jail not even for corruption but for nepotism. Former Gov. Ryan lured state contracts to his friend and Former Gov. Blagojevich tried to get money for Obama senate seat when Obama became president. They are both in jail for that. That's what make a country better. For leaders to know there are consequences for their actions. The only difference between first world and third world to me is leadership. I pray to God Nigeria gets there. I love the country so much haven't live there in 3 decades. God bless Nigeria and Nigerians. They deserve better.
Re: Alhaji Atiku Abubakar Can Still Become President Of Nigeria by landinfo: 8:54pm On Jun 23, 2015
I laff @ sum children who think that OBJ is a GOD who will decide the president of Nigeria......Atiku is a Turaki from Adamawa who is respected not only in the North, but has real fan base in the whole of the South.

While Atiku is a politician, GMB is a technocrat
Re: Alhaji Atiku Abubakar Can Still Become President Of Nigeria by hedonistic: 11:11pm On Jun 23, 2015
Somewhere in my heart of hearts as a chronic GEJ supporter in the last dispensation, my second choice was always Atiku. In spite of his somewhat overemphasised corruption toga, I think he would make a very effective leader.

He is the most 'detribalised' Northern politician of his generation - with solid contacts across the country's geopolitical zones. His campaign blueprint was the most articulate, detailed and clear-cut, even better than Jonathan's in my unbiased view. He has the carriage, digital 'swag', necessary guile, force of personality, and 'eyes on the ball' focus needed to make things happen.

It is probably a guilty pleasure of some sort, but I actually like the man and would have preferred to see him in Aso Rock instead of the ineffectual Daura President, by a long shot. If he somehow ends up the presidential candidate of either the APC or the PDP in 2019, he would enjoy my overt or covert support, assuming God is merciful enough to preserve our lives till then.
Re: Alhaji Atiku Abubakar Can Still Become President Of Nigeria by Lucasbalo(m): 2:29am On Jun 24, 2015
hedonistic:
Somewhere in my heart of hearts as a chronic GEJ supporter in the last dispensation, my second choice was always Atiku. In spite of his somewhat overemphasised corruption toga, I think he would make a very effective leader.

He is the most 'detribalised' Northern politician of his generation - with solid contacts across the country's geopolitical zones. His campaign blueprint was the most articulate, detailed and clear-cut, even better than Jonathan's in my unbiased view. He has the carriage, digital 'swag', necessary guile, force of personality, and 'eyes on the ball' focus needed to make things happen.

It is probably a guilty pleasure of some sort, but I actually like the man and would have preferred to see him in Aso Rock instead of the ineffectual Daura President, by a long shot. If he somehow ends up the presidential candidate of either the APC or the PDP in 2019, he would enjoy my overt or covert support, assuming God is merciful enough to preserve our lives till then.
I guess Nigerians are not tired of living in a hell hole where an average citizen earns less than $2 a day. What is so positive about Atiku that he hasn't done in 8 years of being a VP under his worthless kleptomanic boss Obasanjo ?. With these kind of people in power, Nigeria is doomed. I feel sorry for people that are trapped in a perpetual third world country where the leadership doesn't care for the citizens.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alhaji Atiku Abubakar Can Still Become President Of Nigeria by Fire15: 5:26am On Jun 24, 2015
Orikinla:
Lest we forget, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, the Turaki Adamawa, has not given up his presidential ambition. And I actually felt sorry for him when former President Olusegun Obasanjo, for personal political vendetta stopped Atiku from succeeding him after Atiku served as his Vice-President of Nigeria from 1999 to 2007, and denied Nigeria of having a better, healthier and stronger President, because Atiku would have become the best Nigerian President from northern Nigeria.

Please, those who don't like Atiku for personal reasons or political vendetta should look at themselves in the mirror first.
I don't believe in those who want to stop the best intentions of others, because of their past imperfections. I always look at the bright side and let your light shine as God also does so as long as you are ready to make amends and go on to excel and succeed for the common good.
After all, the senior citizen castigated as "Mr. No Certificate" is today his excellency, President Muhammadu Buhari, GCFR, Head of State and Commander-in-Chief of Nigerian Armed Forces of Nigeria by the grace of God who qualifies the unqualified.
Supporting retired General Buhari cost me millions of naira and hatred from the goons of the former ruling party, PDP. But at the end of the race, the will of Almighty God prevailed. But if Buhari had given up, he would not be sitting on that great seat he is sitting on today since he moved into the State House yesterday. Therefore, Atiku should not give up his Nigerian Dream as long as he means well for Nigeria. And whosoever means well for Nigeria should not give up his or her Nigerian Dream.

All I going to do is to challenge Atiku and other Nigerian politicians to become more of patriotic nation builders than greedy title chasers and repent from using the poor masses as their political pawns and sacrificial lambs in their evil greed for power.
Lest we forget, the election of President Muhammadu Buhari cost the lives of many people in Rivers State, where I lost my in-laws who were members and supporters of the APC; in Kaduna where people were also attacked and murdered and other parts of Nigeria. Today, as the leaders of the APC are dining and wining in celebration, let them remember those who sacrificed their precious lives for their victory. I doubt if President Muhammadu Buhari has gone on condolence visits to their bereaved families.

Atiku can only be President in El dorado.
Re: Alhaji Atiku Abubakar Can Still Become President Of Nigeria by Orikinla(m): 7:42am On Jun 24, 2015
Lucasbalo:
Mr Orikinla, you are correct about that. It's just appalling seeing the way that beautiful country is being run to the ground. My cousin is the former chair in Lagos Island and that's my point of disagreement with him. Nigeria will never move forward with corruption in the mind sent of her leaders. I grew up here and two of our former Governors are in jail not even for corruption but for nepotism. Former Gov. Ryan lured state contracts to his friend and Former Gov. Blagojevich tried to get money for Obama senate seat when Obama became president. They are both in jail for that. That's what make a country better. For leaders to know there are consequences for their actions. The only difference between first world and third world to me is leadership. I pray to God Nigeria gets there. I love the country so much haven't live there in 3 decades. God bless Nigeria and Nigerians. They deserve better.

While nepotism is the order of the day in Nigerian government.
In fact, our politicians brag about it and if you oppose their beneficiaries, even their pastors will curse and swear against you for not supporting cronyism and nepotism. For exposing the incompetence and ignorance of the management of a film festival, I received death threats in unprintable words. The organizer was so shameless and conscienceless that I was shocked and the same man is quick in pointing accusing fingers at Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu and others as being corrupt and calling PMB daft when he is even worse.
Re: Alhaji Atiku Abubakar Can Still Become President Of Nigeria by Lucasbalo(m): 7:46am On Jun 24, 2015
Orikinla:

While nepotism is the order of the day in Nigerian government.
In fact, our politicians brag about it and if you oppose their beneficiaries, even their pastors will curse and swear against you for not supporting cronyism and nepotism. For exposing the incompetence and ignorance of the management of a film festival, I received death threats in unprintable words. The organizer was so shameless and conscienceless that I was shocked and the same man is quick in pointing accusing fingers at Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu and others as being corrupt and calling PMB daft when he is even worse.
Something has to change the mentality of the people before people will be saying ! There was a country called Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Alhaji Atiku Abubakar Can Still Become President Of Nigeria by Osyfellaini(f): 11:31am On Jun 25, 2015
I believe he can...In Nigeria nothing is impossible in our politics.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Video: Prof. Wole Soyinka Confirms #esuisnotsatan (must Watch) / Radio Niger Delta Voice Of Peace Begins Transmission From New york / This Is What Soldiers Do Not Indiscriminate Killing Of Armless Civilians (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.