Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,309 members, 7,811,917 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:34 PM

2016 Edo Guber: I’ll Anoint Next Governor, Says Lucky Igbinedion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2016 Edo Guber: I’ll Anoint Next Governor, Says Lucky Igbinedion (1337 Views)

FFK: "Okorocha The Diaper-Wearing Governor Says Buhari Is Not On Life Support" / Oshiomhole Is The Biggest Thief In Benin City, Says Lucky Igbinedion / 2016 Edo Guber: I’ll Anoint Next Governor, Says Lucky Igbinedion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2016 Edo Guber: I’ll Anoint Next Governor, Says Lucky Igbinedion by orobs93(m): 7:46am On Jun 23, 2015
Former governor of Edo state, Lucky Igbinedion on Sunday broke his long silence in the politics of the state by boasting that the next person to govern the state must get his anointing to win the 2016 governorship election.

Igbinedion who left office in 2007 after governing for eight years, declared that he would play a prominent role in the choice of who becomes the Peoples Democratic Party gubernatorial candidate in the state in 2016.

He made the declaration during the birthday celebration of the former Secretary to the State Government (SSG) during his administration, Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu and his wife, both of whom share same birthday.

The former governor who noted that there was no iota of doubt that he (Igbinedion), is well loved by the people of the state, added that, till date he remains the only governor whose victory at the polls was never challenged in any court of law.

He said no matter what people say, he remained a staunch member of the Peoples Democracy Party (PDP), adding that by virtue of his high rating in the party, he is in a prime position to anoint who will be the next governor of the state.

“Whoever is going to be the next governor of Edo state must be one of the founding members of the Peoples Democratic Party in the state and must also be a member of the family,” he said.

According to the former governor, the people of the state would be happy when the choice of the party’s flagbearer is made, noting that, “there would be celebration all over.”

It would be recalled that Ize-Iyamu is one of those tipped as frontrunners in the PDP to contest 2016 governorship election in the state.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/06/22/2016-edo-guber-ill-anoint-next-governor-says-lucky-igbinedion/

Re: 2016 Edo Guber: I’ll Anoint Next Governor, Says Lucky Igbinedion by vivypretty(f): 7:47am On Jun 23, 2015
ok I v heard.nice
Re: 2016 Edo Guber: I’ll Anoint Next Governor, Says Lucky Igbinedion by orobs93(m): 7:48am On Jun 23, 2015
Father anything that will make this plan come to pass father please nullify father pls if the person insist on carrying out this plan father let thatperson fall down and die...

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Edo Guber: I’ll Anoint Next Governor, Says Lucky Igbinedion by Nobody: 7:53am On Jun 23, 2015
Governor "Go and Die" Oshiomole is ruling with serious propaganda. May God grant PDP wisdom to nominate the best candidate.
Re: 2016 Edo Guber: I’ll Anoint Next Governor, Says Lucky Igbinedion by Pavore9: 7:54am On Jun 23, 2015
Such impunity! Such sense of being all-powerful, humans who cannot guarantee themselves they would be alive in the next one hour would be chest-beating on how they would solely decide on what would happen next year! God is just laughing cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Edo Guber: I’ll Anoint Next Governor, Says Lucky Igbinedion by GentleMimi: 8:04am On Jun 23, 2015
He and TINUBU have one thing in common. ... . Over-bloated ego. No be only anointing, na fire baptism. Too much assumptions on his own part... .. "and must also be a member of the family....". Which family? Igbinedion or PDP? I need clarity.
Re: 2016 Edo Guber: I’ll Anoint Next Governor, Says Lucky Igbinedion by cy4cent(f): 8:12am On Jun 23, 2015
barcanista:
Governor "Go and Die" Oshiomole is ruling with serious propaganda. May God grant PDP wisdom to nominate the best candidate.

God forbid, let your PDP campaign remain in your state n Federal level, we don't want interference from people like you, in form of prayer or analysis. Thank you.

One Oshiomhole is better than a hundred Lucky igbinedion influenced candidate.

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Edo Guber: I’ll Anoint Next Governor, Says Lucky Igbinedion by skypeople(f): 8:13am On Jun 23, 2015
Pavore9 and orobs93 i travelled seven miles and crossed 7 rivers just to come tell you to check my signature.

Dont fret, i will come back to share my opinnion on the topic.

Missed yu guyz in pluto like kiloode
Re: 2016 Edo Guber: I’ll Anoint Next Governor, Says Lucky Igbinedion by lawflec(m): 8:14am On Jun 23, 2015
Lucky is not popular, in fact iyamu is more popular than him his election was as a result of the influence of his dad Gabriel Esama of Benin. he is just suffering from political irrelevancy and CAN never annoint any one to win. omosede igbinedion did not even win cos of him bt cos of that Esama.

1 Like

Re: 2016 Edo Guber: I’ll Anoint Next Governor, Says Lucky Igbinedion by cy4cent(f): 8:17am On Jun 23, 2015
orobs93:
Father anything that will make this plan come to pass father please nullify father pls if the person insist on carrying out this plan father let that person fall down and die...

AMENNNNN
Re: 2016 Edo Guber: I’ll Anoint Next Governor, Says Lucky Igbinedion by global07(m): 8:17am On Jun 23, 2015
That anointing will make the people of EDO state never vote for your candidate cause na thief like you the person go be
Re: 2016 Edo Guber: I’ll Anoint Next Governor, Says Lucky Igbinedion by Nobody: 8:17am On Jun 23, 2015
The antecedent of the nominated candidates is very important
cy4cent:

God forbid, let your PDP campaign remain in your state n Federal level, we don't want interference from people like you, in form of prayer or analysis. Thank you.

One Oshiomhole is better than a hundred Lucky igbinedion influenced candidate.
Re: 2016 Edo Guber: I’ll Anoint Next Governor, Says Lucky Igbinedion by mistabiola: 8:18am On Jun 23, 2015
Oops
Re: 2016 Edo Guber: I’ll Anoint Next Governor, Says Lucky Igbinedion by Bizibi(m): 8:20am On Jun 23, 2015
I hate this man......this man and his father are both a disgrace to Edo politics in Edo state,this man is a legend in......
Re: 2016 Edo Guber: I’ll Anoint Next Governor, Says Lucky Igbinedion by Nobody: 8:20am On Jun 23, 2015
lawflec:
Lucky is not popular, in fact iyamu is more popular than him his election was as a result of the influence of his dad Gabriel Esama of Benin. he is just suffering from political irrelevancy and CAN never annoint any one to win. omosede igbinedion did not even win cos of him bt cos of that Esama.
Esama will support the best PDP candidate ffor the 2016 Guber
Re: 2016 Edo Guber: I’ll Anoint Next Governor, Says Lucky Igbinedion by Maxymilliano(m): 8:21am On Jun 23, 2015
Lucky may be right, but to an extent. The victory of Oshiomole at the tribunal in 2008 was not without his input.
Re: 2016 Edo Guber: I’ll Anoint Next Governor, Says Lucky Igbinedion by cy4cent(f): 8:21am On Jun 23, 2015
Pavore9:
Such impunity!

Impunity of the highest order!! who is Lucky igbinedion in the political atmosphere of that state to now be parading as God father?

irrelevant, inconsequential thieves !!

in a sane society he should be cooling off in jail, nonsensical.
Re: 2016 Edo Guber: I’ll Anoint Next Governor, Says Lucky Igbinedion by Nobody: 8:22am On Jun 23, 2015
GentleMimi:
He and TINUBU have one thing in common. ... . Over-bloated ego. No be only anointing, na fire baptism. Too much assumptions on his own part... .. "and must also be a member of the family....". Which family? Igbinedion or PDP? I need clarity.
PDP family!

I don't like Lucky but I support the best PDP candidate
Re: 2016 Edo Guber: I’ll Anoint Next Governor, Says Lucky Igbinedion by lawflec(m): 8:28am On Jun 23, 2015
barcanista:
Esama will support the best PDP candidate ffor the 2016 Guber
And that is the folly of his statement. if he is aware that his support is less weighty why bloating his ego. I doubt if Tony Anenih will support Esama's choice this time around. Kenneth Imasuagbon will be the candidate to beat.
Re: 2016 Edo Guber: I’ll Anoint Next Governor, Says Lucky Igbinedion by Bobbystanley(m): 8:29am On Jun 23, 2015
The Igbinedions

The most powerful Family in Edo State aside the Oba

I'm under their care at IUO so whatever lucky wants is my priority

Re: 2016 Edo Guber: I’ll Anoint Next Governor, Says Lucky Igbinedion by BENZINA(m): 8:52am On Jun 23, 2015
Honestly fed up with Oshiomole APC, the pdp need a candidate that shall be wholly accepted by the binis whom are the political election determinant in the state.
Re: 2016 Edo Guber: I’ll Anoint Next Governor, Says Lucky Igbinedion by Jorussia(m): 8:56am On Jun 23, 2015
.Lucky has no political relevance in Edo, he is just deceiving himself.
Re: 2016 Edo Guber: I’ll Anoint Next Governor, Says Lucky Igbinedion by ionsman: 9:08am On Jun 23, 2015
So This chimpanzee can still talk? After the way he left Edo state?
The way this man left Edo state is akin to how Theodore orji left Abia state.
He can anoint the next Pdp candidate,if he likes he should also baptise him but Pdp cant govern Edo any time soon.That I am cork sure of.

(1) (Reply)

National Assembly Crisis Not Affecting Ministerial List - Presidency / Ben Murray-bruce Comment On The Criticism Of Buhari's Appointments / Igbomen Fight Polio In North, Northerners Fight Igbos - Ingrates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.