Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,205 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

How A Lady Led Robbers To Attack Banks In Ikorodu Today - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How A Lady Led Robbers To Attack Banks In Ikorodu Today (81337 Views)

3 Badoo Members Burnt To Death In Ikorodu Today (Graphic Pics, Video) / Armed Robbers Attack Banks In Iwo, Osun State (Photos) / Soldiers Force Armed Robbers To Dance Unclad(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How A Lady Led Robbers To Attack Banks In Ikorodu Today by ShakurM(m): 4:00pm On Jun 24, 2015
hustla:

grin grin

You are pained bro
eh ehnn angry
Re: How A Lady Led Robbers To Attack Banks In Ikorodu Today by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jun 24, 2015
U will see that them go arrest small criminals say na them rope d bank very soon.
Re: How A Lady Led Robbers To Attack Banks In Ikorodu Today by Luxiana19(f): 4:01pm On Jun 24, 2015
Yet the bank was right in front of a police station..

1 Like

Re: How A Lady Led Robbers To Attack Banks In Ikorodu Today by Meti99(m): 4:03pm On Jun 24, 2015
Jiisos.
Young boys and girlzzz..

This world is turning onto somtin else
Re: How A Lady Led Robbers To Attack Banks In Ikorodu Today by Christmasdon(m): 4:03pm On Jun 24, 2015
Hollu74:
I just cant imagine all these evil going on around the world
our cops in this country are not well equipped enough to face them , no body won die
. You were making senses in ur comment(s), until u brought in cops, lol, please don't bring cops ,what we have here is da Police and not cops. There are big difference between our police and cops(americans) .
Re: How A Lady Led Robbers To Attack Banks In Ikorodu Today by Amhappy(f): 4:06pm On Jun 24, 2015
Thank God everybody was alive.

A lady must really be hardened to join armed robbery. There was one that happened years ago at Nnewi,a lady robber on pant and bra that used bullets to deface an old mama buttocks.
Re: How A Lady Led Robbers To Attack Banks In Ikorodu Today by EbonyQueen001(f): 4:06pm On Jun 24, 2015
So help us God. The sound i heard was so so loud as if it was war time o, despite d fact that i stay far from the scene of incident. 20 yrs old robbers and police could not come out till after the whole incident. Meanwhile a police station is opposite the bank? Haaaaaa! So help us God!!
Re: How A Lady Led Robbers To Attack Banks In Ikorodu Today by asiwaju87(m): 4:07pm On Jun 24, 2015
As at the time of filing this report, no fewer than
20 police vans were patrolling the area to check if
the robbers were going to return and ensure
safety of lives and properties.

To come do what? You fit go write final exam after graduation ni? abeeeeeeegi sad

1 Like

Re: How A Lady Led Robbers To Attack Banks In Ikorodu Today by PTNL: 4:07pm On Jun 24, 2015
Na to dey harass drivers on the road police sabi. Dey check car documents like road safety and VIO. Why dem run? Yeye people.
Re: How A Lady Led Robbers To Attack Banks In Ikorodu Today by otiigba1(m): 4:08pm On Jun 24, 2015
IlekeHD:
Efforts to get Mr. Kenneth Nwosu, the Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) proved futile as calls put across to him were not replied.
as always, how the hell? Do this people get this jobs? If they are not always there when they are needed, why pay them?
Re: How A Lady Led Robbers To Attack Banks In Ikorodu Today by freeman11(m): 4:09pm On Jun 24, 2015
metronaija:
Details have emerged on the robbery which occurred in the early hours of today at Ogolonto area of Ikorodu, Lagos state.

A lady reportedly led the gang to the banks and stayed outside while the operation lasted.

The leader of the gang was said to have sat down in front of the bank and was bragging, as no policeman was able to confront her as she was reported to have used a charm which she tied around her neck.

Sources at the Zenith bank disclosed that there were about 15 armed robbers whose ages should not be more than 20years.

The bank’s safe as reported was broken with the use of dynamite and the staffs were made to lie on the floor while the robbery continued.

The young robbers were reported to have burnt three of their vehicles in front of Origin Gardens, a recreational place not far from scene of the incident, and escaped via the ferry service operated beside the Garden.

A witness at the scene of the robbers’ escape said: “I could not dare stare them in the face. I just lay on the floor as they instructed and waited there until they left. I have never seen anything like that before.”

One of the owners of the garden (name withheld), whose car was burnt alongside the three jeeps, described the incident as a really shocking one.

“Nobody is ready to talk to you right now because we are all in shock. My car was burnt and I could not face the people. Don’t ask me how they escaped, why didn’t you come here when the robbery was going on?”

At the First Bank robbery scene, the suspects used a device to open the computerized door to gain entrance to the banking hall.

Monies were carted away but no staff of the bank was killed.

Only one person was reportedly shot in the leg and has been taken to Ikorodu General Hospital for treatment.

Meanwhile, the armored tank which the policemen used to stage a pursuit of the robbers was pelted with bullets that almost penetrated the bullet-proof vehicle.

Lagos state Commissioner of Police (CP), Kayode Aderanti, who was at the escape route, told reporters that the police would investigate the matter to know how the robbers carried out their operation successfully.

When he asked why none of his men could confront the robbers during the two-hour period that the incident lasted despite the fact that a police station was opposite the bank, he said: “we shall look into the matter and investigate thoroughly to know what happened”

As at the time of filing this report, no fewer than 20 police vans were patrolling the area to check if the robbers were going to return and ensure safety of lives and properties.[/size][size=8pt]

Efforts to get Mr. Kenneth Nwosu, the Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) proved futile as calls put across to him were not replied.

http://www.metronaija.com/2015/06/how-lady-led-robbers-to-attack-banks-in.html

I ;Dlaugh in swahili
Re: How A Lady Led Robbers To Attack Banks In Ikorodu Today by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jun 24, 2015
"As at the time of filing this report, no fewer than 20 police vans were patrolling the area to check if the robbers were going to return and ensure safety of lives and properties." mumu police! lwkmd grin"As at the time of filing this report, no fewer than 20 police vans were patrolling the area to check if the robbers were going to return and ensure safety of lives and properties." mumu police! lwkmd how robbers go return to the scene!
Re: How A Lady Led Robbers To Attack Banks In Ikorodu Today by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jun 24, 2015
RockMaxi:

Campaign after election, return to do what??
grin grin grin
this is the most hilarious part of the story.

2 Likes

Re: How A Lady Led Robbers To Attack Banks In Ikorodu Today by Christmasdon(m): 4:10pm On Jun 24, 2015
Amhappy:
Thank God everybody was alive.
. Eeeh, thank GOD everybody was alive. May be including the armed robbers abi, ok. Continu.
Re: How A Lady Led Robbers To Attack Banks In Ikorodu Today by otiigba1(m): 4:10pm On Jun 24, 2015
Luxiana19:
Yet the bank was right in front of a police station..
am assuming the officers were on break at the time grin
Re: How A Lady Led Robbers To Attack Banks In Ikorodu Today by mimicious(f): 4:11pm On Jun 24, 2015
RockMaxi:
Campaign after election, return to do what?? grin grin grin

To see things noni

2 Likes

Re: How A Lady Led Robbers To Attack Banks In Ikorodu Today by dalass(f): 4:12pm On Jun 24, 2015
Dannyset:
Hmmm!
And to think that the Navy protecting the pipeline at Majidun close to the place of the incident couldn't do anything to help is baffling and ridiculous to their uniform. These robbers escaped tru the same water they are protecting and nothing was done from their quarters. We are really on a long thing. I don't want to talk about the one that happened not up to one month ago inside Ikorodu opposite my place. After their operation, they passed tru the front of Ijede Police station to access the water for their escape. All the police were on a "mute" mode.
This is where Ambode need to come in. Fashola won't take this for a second.
Our men in the forces do not have any rapid response plan except when they want to deal with bloody civilians!

1 Like

Re: How A Lady Led Robbers To Attack Banks In Ikorodu Today by CORRECTMAN78(m): 4:12pm On Jun 24, 2015
The robbery incedent at Lekki the other time was caused by GEJ according to Fashola.

We are waiting to hear from him on whose lapses this one happend.

For your information, don't in any case count on Nigeria police. They can only get issues worsened

2 Likes

Re: How A Lady Led Robbers To Attack Banks In Ikorodu Today by otiigba1(m): 4:13pm On Jun 24, 2015
RockMaxi:

Campaign after election, return to do what??
grin grin grin
one of the robbers forgot his silpas grin

2 Likes

Re: How A Lady Led Robbers To Attack Banks In Ikorodu Today by charlsecy(m): 4:16pm On Jun 24, 2015
metronaija:
As at the time of filing this report, no fewer than 20 police vans were patrolling the area to check if the robbers were going to return and ensure safety of lives and properties.
Hmmmmmm.....
Re: How A Lady Led Robbers To Attack Banks In Ikorodu Today by rockafela(m): 4:17pm On Jun 24, 2015
metronaija:
Details have emerged on the robbery which occurred in the early hours of today at Ogolonto area of Ikorodu, Lagos state.

A lady reportedly led the gang to the banks and stayed outside while the operation lasted.

The leader of the gang was said to have sat down in front of the bank and was bragging, as no policeman was able to confront her as she was reported to have used a charm which she tied around her neck.

Sources at the Zenith bank disclosed that there were about 15 armed robbers whose ages should not be more than 20years.

The bank’s safe as reported was broken with the use of dynamite and the staffs were made to lie on the floor while the robbery continued.

The young robbers were reported to have burnt three of their vehicles in front of Origin Gardens, a recreational place not far from scene of the incident, and escaped via the ferry service operated beside the Garden.

A witness at the scene of the robbers’ escape said: “I could not dare stare them in the face. I just lay on the floor as they instructed and waited there until they left. I have never seen anything like that before.”

One of the owners of the garden (name withheld), whose car was burnt alongside the three jeeps, described the incident as a really shocking one.

“Nobody is ready to talk to you right now because we are all in shock. My car was burnt and I could not face the people. Don’t ask me how they escaped, why didn’t you come here when the robbery was going on?”

At the First Bank robbery scene, the suspects used a device to open the computerized door to gain entrance to the banking hall.

Monies were carted away but no staff of the bank was killed.

Only one person was reportedly shot in the leg and has been taken to Ikorodu General Hospital for treatment.

Meanwhile, the armored tank which the policemen used to stage a pursuit of the robbers was pelted with bullets that almost penetrated the bullet-proof vehicle.

Lagos state Commissioner of Police (CP), Kayode Aderanti, who was at the escape route, told reporters that the police would investigate the matter to know how the robbers carried out their operation successfully.

When he asked why none of his men could confront the robbers during the two-hour period that [b]the incident lasted despite the fact that a police station was opposite the bank, he said: “we shall look into the matter and investigate thoroughly to know what happened”

As at the time of filing this report, [b]no fewer than 20 police vans were patrolling the area [/b]to check if the robbers were going to return and ensure safety of lives and properties.

http://www.metronaija.com/2015/06/how-lady-led-robbers-to-attack-banks-in.html
Funny enough where we're the so called police vans during the over 2hrs operation? Nigeria Police failing since 1s
Re: How A Lady Led Robbers To Attack Banks In Ikorodu Today by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jun 24, 2015
metronaija:

When he asked why none of his men could confront the robbers during the two-hour period that the incident lasted despite the fact that a police station was opposite the bank, he said: “we shall look into the matter and investigate thoroughly to know what happened”

Are they worthy to be called Policemen?

Next, you will see this mofos parading innocent citizen as prime suspects cry

1 Like

Re: How A Lady Led Robbers To Attack Banks In Ikorodu Today by emerich(m): 4:22pm On Jun 24, 2015
Thelmerh:
something similar to dis happened in zenith bank nd uba d year 2012 with a girl leading the group nd a native doctor in ekpoma Edo state.
Correct, was about to say same, infact it was terrible, the young pretty girl held the whole market square at ransom for hours shooting sporadically into the air challenging the NPF to come and confront her, i was a student of College of Medicine back then, it shook the whole town for a very long time, most bank security operatives within Ekpoma, Uromi and Auchi respectively resigned from their jobs, gals got balls.

1 Like

Re: How A Lady Led Robbers To Attack Banks In Ikorodu Today by JeffreyJamez(m): 4:25pm On Jun 24, 2015
20yrs Old boys with those kinda fire power?!..... that's brutal..... like say police dare show those boys for waste them!!
Re: How A Lady Led Robbers To Attack Banks In Ikorodu Today by bigiyaro(m): 4:26pm On Jun 24, 2015
sagr:
These robbers are hrtless..God pls come to our aide..soo many likes for this prayer
dey r not heartless o, unlike d first group dat killed cops n a teen in cold blood.
Re: How A Lady Led Robbers To Attack Banks In Ikorodu Today by Bongiboy83: 4:28pm On Jun 24, 2015
My happiness is that no one was killed, even though someone was hurt. We don't have a reminder of the Lekki incident that resulted in the death of 7 people. In any case, I mean as typical with the Naija Popo! They show up after the show is over to confront the local population. COWARDS!!!

How do they operate 2 hours and we don't have any response? smh!! They will now have power to issue empty statements, threaten commercial bus operators, collect bribes to pervert justice, demand cash for bail from complainants and accused persons and they have zero balls to face violent criminals. smf for this country.

2 Likes

Re: How A Lady Led Robbers To Attack Banks In Ikorodu Today by kingthreat(m): 4:28pm On Jun 24, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Female armed robber is 20 times dangerous than their counterpart, dem dhe wicked buh dey re rare

All armed robbers are dangerous. Male/Female irrespective. We are just surprised that women could be so dangerous that's why they say female ones are more dangerous,

1 Like

Re: How A Lady Led Robbers To Attack Banks In Ikorodu Today by 9jatatafo(m): 4:28pm On Jun 24, 2015
BH, Robbery and Insecurity every where.
Re: How A Lady Led Robbers To Attack Banks In Ikorodu Today by Amhappy(f): 4:28pm On Jun 24, 2015
Christmasdon:
. Eeeh, thank GOD everybody was alive. May be including the armed robbers abi, ok. Continu.

You just dey find my mouth. The arm robbers were never in danger so my post doe not refer to them
Re: How A Lady Led Robbers To Attack Banks In Ikorodu Today by Smooyis(m): 4:29pm On Jun 24, 2015
Dannyset:
Hmmm!
And to think that the Navy protecting the pipeline at Majidun close to the place of the incident couldn't do anything to help is baffling and ridiculous to their uniform. These robbers escaped tru the same water they are protecting and nothing was done from their quarters. We are really on a long thing. I don't want to talk about the one that happened not up to one month ago inside Ikorodu opposite my place. After their operation, they passed tru the front of Ijede Police station to access the water for their escape. All the police were on a "mute" mode.
This is where Ambode need to come in. Fashola won't take this for a second.
This is why we need to restructure the police. As it is presently the Nigeria police cannot do much because of the various challenges it faces.
I will keep saying it not until we hav a decentralized police system the problem will not be over.

1 Like

Re: How A Lady Led Robbers To Attack Banks In Ikorodu Today by Rilwayne001: 4:29pm On Jun 24, 2015
free2ryhme:

Atleast they are not ordinary

what do you mean by "they are not ordinary? So, because they tied one nonsense to their neck makes them a spirit, thereby giving the police excuse for not combating them?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Man Beats Wife Mercilessly For Refusing To Have Sex With Him (Photos) / Laolu Martins, Co-Owner Of Bukka Hut Reportedly Commits Suicide / Nigerian Man Stabbed To Death By His Onlyfans Model Girlfriend In Miami (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.