Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,892 members, 7,817,623 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (239) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (546051 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Tosinville(m): 4:33pm On Jul 18, 2011
^^Why did you get denied in 2009?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by GboyegaD(m): 4:37pm On Jul 18, 2011
fun2sho:

That my number, you can please try again.

Funsho, can you send me your e-mail address because I do not know why I am having issues.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by lilchukky: 7:18pm On Jul 18, 2011
pls how long does it take for the embassy to reply an expedited mail?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by USBound: 8:38pm On Jul 18, 2011
l
lilchukky:

pls how long does it take for the embassy to reply an expedited mail?

@lilchukky: It depends on your concern. What kind of mail? But generally, a day to a week.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Djdammy21: 10:07pm On Jul 18, 2011
Please Am experiencing difficulty onto Book An Emergency Appointment, I need Help. Please Oooooo, My School will resume On 22/08/2011.

What Should i do please, I have paid my sewis Fee, and i have my I-20ready as well, and i have tried to Book the Emergency 2times now.

They  denied my Emergency request, for 2times now

HELP!!!!!!! 
                                        HELP!!!!!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Djdammy21: 10:41pm On Jul 18, 2011
@Nellywho

Please come with a good News Ooooo, As i Have been praying for you since morning, and We are waiting for your Success story.

As for the Next People to be Interview tomorrow, i Pray You All Make it through, and come back With Good News Tomorrow Evening. Amen!!!

We Are Waiting To Hear From You NellyWho!! How Was Your Interview, Please Share Your Story, So We Can Gain From Your Experience Boss.

Cheers!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 10:59pm On Jul 18, 2011
@djdammy and lilchukky,

If this is your first time of applying for expedited date, I don't see reason why you guys shouldn't be given. Keep trying sa. Thank God I have deferred mine till spring and I was just being told now that my documents for spring will be resend soon so I have enough time to get a better date as God wants it and time to fully prepare . smiley smiley
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 11:02pm On Jul 18, 2011
God be with you guys going for your visa tomorrow. You will surely get it.

Tosinville:

^^Why did you get denied in 2009?

Because he had never joined the league of extraordinary Nairalander then. IMAO grin grin grin grin

So, now he took a nice step. Adolite, it will be good to answer Tosinville for guys to know where to attack your problem.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by olubuk: 1:19am On Jul 19, 2011
cool cool
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Adolite(m): 4:57am On Jul 19, 2011
[b][/b] [/color][color=#006600] ^TosinvilleWhy did you get denied in 2009?I got denied because that is my first time and Vo complain about my choosing school, midwestern state university Texas.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Adolite(m): 5:24am On Jul 19, 2011
^Why did you get denied in 2009?[b][/b]

[/color][color=#006600]
Then I was not ready, and also the Vo complained about my choosing school midwestern state university. Please answer my above questions
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Ayanfe22: 5:35am On Jul 19, 2011
Hi guys,
Please if there's any fall applicant who still doesn't have an interview date, its as simple as ABC. Nobody can buy a date for you or get date from heaven. Just schedule any appointment you see even if its december, state you case on the emergency request link, type the name of your school, sevis number, expected arrival date in a letter explaining your situation. And PLEASE attach you i20.
My friend just went through a terrible experience in the hands of one idiot she met on nairaland called lekoso. Lekan ROSIJI. He's email is lekoso56@yahoo.com. Please be very careful. All this guy that book dates don't do anything special. Its something you can do yourself. He refused to give my friend the password of the primary email address he used to open an account for her. Her payment was stuck on the page and anytime my friend scheduled an appointment, he will go bk and cancel it jst because she pulled out of the agreement after 9 days of no whow.

Infact dear friends, don't meet anyone on nairaland. My friends dad warned her seriously but she didn't listen. D annoyin thing is dat this guy couldn't have used her payment for anything but he jst wanted to scatter her plans. Her dad threaten Lekan with police. Pls you guys be very careful. If u need any help with the link, just post your questions here. I did everything by myself and now my friend called the help lines and dey had d whole application changed for her and her payment moved to another link. They evern appoved her request for an expedited appointment and she was given d same 8th of August that I got. PLEASe don't give anyone ur password to that schedule your appointment link.they will keep posting you and won't do anything but waste your chances of leaving this fall. As long as you are a student and u send that email, you MUST get a date b4 d date stated on your i20. Sorry for the long epistle guys. I am jst very passionate about this coz this was direct first hand experience coz I was dere wen everything went down.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by phy: 6:30am On Jul 19, 2011
Ayanfe22:

Hi guys,
Please if there's any fall applicant who still doesn't have an interview date, its as simple as ABC. Nobody can buy a date for you or get date from heaven. Just schedule any appointment you see even if its december, state you case on the emergency request link, type the name of your school, sevis number, expected arrival date in a letter explaining your situation. And PLEASE attach you i20.
My friend just went through a terrible experience in the hands of one she met on nairaland called lekoso. Lekan ROSIJI. He's email is lekoso56@yahoo.com. Please be very careful. All this guy that book dates don't do anything special. Its something you can do yourself. He refused to give my friend the password of the primary email address he used to open an account for her. Her payment was stuck on the page and anytime my friend scheduled an appointment, he will go bk and cancel it jst because she pulled out of the agreement after 9 days of no whow.

Infact dear friends, don't meet anyone on nairaland. My friends dad warned her seriously but she didn't listen. D annoyin thing is dat this guy couldn't have used her payment for anything but he jst wanted to scatter her plans. Her dad threaten Lekan with police. Pls you guys be very careful. If u need any help with the link, just post your questions here. I did everything by myself and now my friend called the help lines and dey had d whole application changed for her and her payment moved to another link. They evern appoved her request for an expedited appointment and she was given d same 8th of August that I got. PLEASe don't give anyone your password to that schedule your appointment link.they will keep posting you and won't do anything but waste your chances of leaving this fall. As long as you are a student and u send that email, you MUST get a date b4 d date stated on your i20. Sorry for the long epistle guys. I am jst very passionate about this coz this was direct first hand experience coz I was dere wen everything went down.

Please let's note this experience. The guys selling date are not doing anything extra. What they do is to monitor the portal for changes should there be anybody that drops his or her date which anyone can do. Late last year (Dec to be precise) some of the spring applicants do monitor and post if they see an opening. Also note that the US embassy has preference for students and people seeking medical attention, hence the reason for expedited interview.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Tosinville(m): 7:07am On Jul 19, 2011
Midwestern state university, texas? whats wrong with that school? is the school too high for black ppl most especially nigerians to go or something? pls don't be an ignorant cos i wonder why you find it hard to explain what was reason you got denied in 09 & my advice for you is to try to amend that specific part where u got denied earlier and don't leave for the embassy without original transcript just like u ask & i don't hv much more to say since i can't get more from u.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Adolite(m): 7:39am On Jul 19, 2011
Midwestern state university, texas? whats wrong with that school? is the school too high for black ppl most especially nigerians to go or something? pls don't be an ignorant cos i wonder why you find it hard to explain what was reason you got denied in 09 & my advice for you is to try to amend that specific part where u got denied earlier and don't leave for the embassy without original transcript just like u ask & i don't hv much more to say since i can't get more from u. He said there is issue with your school that is all he said and also further said am sorry we cant give you visa that i should come back again with different school, what i know is that the school registrar is a Nigerian and he has a direct agent in Kaduna, his name is Olumide, so all Nigerian 1-20 will pass through Olumide, he is the one that do distribute it, i realize all this after am been denied, but it seems the school is strong now because before giving I-20 out you must pay off your first year fees to guarantee you are ready , My Advise to that guy with 10M, he should have choosed a school that collect upfront tuition fees and deposit it, i think with that he will be 50/50 chance to get the VISA,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by kentro201: 7:47am On Jul 19, 2011
Hello,, @Tosinville, Please i need an advice, I have a B.sc in economics from OAU, and Nysc Certificate from 2008/2009, and a computer certificate for a 6months programm in 2010 and also a certificate of peace analysis course with .USIP.ORG, i have gotten my i-20 from california state university , Eastbay, for economics masters, So what i need is, would the VO be angry or ask why i dont have a working experience?, And also do you have any likely questions that i might asked concerning economics, And i also have also got admitted again to Western michigan state university, Does this increase my chances of getting a visa i mean been admitted into 2universities and my other certificates too,

This is for everybody here who has something tangible to contribute, cos my interview date is AUG, 25th and my school resumes sept 21st,

thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Abats4naija: 7:50am On Jul 19, 2011
Adolite:

He said there is issue with your school that is all he said and also further  said am sorry we cant give you visa that i should come back again with different school,   what i know is that the school registrar is a Nigerian and he has a direct agent in Kaduna, his name is Olumide, so all Nigerian 1-20 will pass through Olumide, he is the one that do distribute it, i realize all this after am been denied, but it seems the school is strong now because before giving I-20 out you must pay off your first year fees to guarantee you are ready ,  My Advise to that guy with 10M, he should have choosed a school that collect upfront tuition fees and deposit it, i think with that he will be 50/50 chance to get the VISA,

@adolite why are you talking like this. I would think you are trying to scam people by advising them to apply to a school just because the registrar is a nigerian. and you dont know for sure thats the reason you where denied initially. The US embassy has warned that prospective students should not pay upfront. Please dont get swindled by all this scammers. read through this thread and you will get informed. @adolite, make sure you have read through this thread b4 u reapply to another school and for another visa.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by GboyegaD(m): 9:52am On Jul 19, 2011
kentro201:

Hello,, @Tosinville, Please i need an advice, I have a B.sc in economics from OAU, and Nysc Certificate from 2008/2009, and a computer certificate for a 6months programm in 2010 and also a certificate of peace analysis course with .USIP.ORG, i have gotten my i-20 from california state university , Eastbay, for economics masters, So what i need is, would the VO be angry or ask why i dont have a working experience?, And also do you have any likely questions that i might asked concerning economics, And i also have also got admitted again to Western michigan state university, Does this increase my chances of getting a visa i mean been admitted into 2universities and my other certificates too,

This is for everybody here who has something tangible to contribute, cos my interview date is AUG, 25th and my school resumes sept 21st,

thanks

@Kentro, I don't think there is anything to fear of because you have no working experience. You can claim that the reason is that you would want to attain your academic dreams before you start working. I may know you since you served 2008/2009 though my set finished 2006 thus we served 2007/2008. Anyways, I am going to UNT, Texas also for a Masters in Economics. As for likely question for economics student, I would suggest you familiarize yourself with the basic theories of micro and macroeconomics. We all will succeed!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 11:31am On Jul 19, 2011
Abats4naija:

@adolite why are you talking like this. I would think you are trying to scam people by advising them to apply to a school just because the registrar is a nigerian. and you dont know for sure thats the reason you where denied initially. The US embassy has warned that prospective students should not pay upfront. Please dont get swindled by all this scammers. read through this thread and you will get informed. @adolite, make sure you have read through this thread b4 u reapply to another school and for another visa.

@abats4naija,

you are getting this guy wrong. He said then he was told the school had issue which he later realized that the school has some connection with naija guys( the registrar and the agent).

@adolite,

where i disagree with you is students paying upfront is 50/50 chance. Actually, it is 0/0 chance. This is not UK schools. US embassy is not upfront freaked like UK embassy

@ayanfe,

It true, you said well. I wonder why people don't like do it yourself. To schedule expedited date, you first go through the normal route then ask for the E.D. It should be granted unless the person has once denied.

@kentro,

You are good to go man. Working exp or not, you have some academic documents that covered your not working for the time being.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by kidUrbane: 11:39am On Jul 19, 2011
@ Ayanfe even if you've been denied once they can still give you an expedited date, this has happened to me twice, one secret to getting an E.D is continue sending them mails, i sent them mails sote them call me say them don here say make i no send any more mails.so them come give me the E.D but i couldn't meet up with my resumption date anymore then.so keep on trying God go let you get am and keep on praying God will definitely lat you get it in JESUS NAME.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Ayanfe22: 12:17pm On Jul 19, 2011
KidUrban. Did you read this chat at all? I Don't have date issues.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by kidUrbane: 1:42pm On Jul 19, 2011
@ Ayanfe sorry about that. I hope the post is useful to whomever is confused about getting an eexpedited appointment.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Tosinville(m): 6:31pm On Jul 19, 2011
GboyegaD
Thanks man for replying kentro201 on my behalf.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nnamdistan: 10:12pm On Jul 19, 2011
Hi guys, my i've been away for a while cos i've been hustling hard. my interview is on the 7th of August and I have a question i'd like to ask.

1. I have a full ride, to a LAC I'm only expected to contribute $1000 out of $55,000. However my pops bank statement is less than that amount cos he frankly uses company account more. So i intend to carry both company bank statement and his personal account statement. the statement in his company account is about 900,000 (i am not from a rich family). Does anyone sense any red flag here? I have the complete company docs( memat and cert. of incorporation to show that my dad is the owner of the company).

Please I appreciate your answers
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Ayanfe22: 5:22am On Jul 20, 2011
What is the total amount to have on both statements? Do u mean all d money you need to pay is 1000$? If so, den a 90000 naira atstement is more than enough. If it an undergrad degree, you have to be able to show that if u loose ur scholarship or funding, you will be able to pay subsequent years. I think you are good to go. May God see you through. All dis atatement self, u might be one of the lucky few who won't be asked for statement, Just pray. Where is nellywho?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by GboyegaD(m): 11:29am On Jul 20, 2011
nnamdistan:

Hi guys, my i've been away for a while cos i've been hustling hard. my interview is on the 7th of August and I have a question i'd like to ask.

1. I have a full ride, to a LAC I'm only expected to contribute $1000 out of $55,000. However my pops bank statement is less than that amount cos he frankly uses company account more. So i intend to carry both company bank statement and his personal account statement. the statement in his company account is about 900,000 (i am not from a rich family). Does anyone sense any red flag here? I have the complete company docs( memat and cert. of incorporation to show that my dad is the owner of the company).

I would suggest you talk to an uncle or close family friend who has about N5million so that you can put same in your dad's account and leave it there until some days to your interview and print same out. Do not give the VO any reason whatsoever to deny you.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 12:21pm On Jul 20, 2011
@nnamdistan,

Do as you are told. Don't let that goodie of $54,000 waste ooo. Ask yourself this first, Incase I'm unable to meet up to renew my scholarship, how will I get to finance myself? So, you have to show V.O you are capable even without that scholarship. Still, know that that scholarship place you on a favorable side with the V.O. Guy, I just dey jealous that your goodie too much.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by shewhy: 1:49pm On Jul 20, 2011
Hello y'all. Just to tell you i got my visa today at the Lagos consulate. Even though i have been bounced twice at Abj in Jan and Feb this year respectively but i never give up. I thank everyone for there posts and comment here. It really helps. Keep the nairaland spirit going and hope to see y'all in the Nairaland party in the U.S, lol. One love

Regards,
Shewhy
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by SEFAGO(m): 2:24pm On Jul 20, 2011
nnamdistan:

Hey mate I know quite a number of people who have attended LACs and have very high financial aid. All things being equal they rarely asked for their bank statement. But if they do then it would be at the discretion of the officer to decide if what you provide is sufficient. Company accounts though can be a red flag because the officer might not ask you those company docs and remember that student interviews are very short and you might not have time to explain yourself.

Good luck though- I doubt you really have anything to worry about
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Ayanfe22: 2:38pm On Jul 20, 2011
Congrats shewhy!!! Is it me or most of the people who go for their inteviews close to resumption date get their visa? Shewhy post your experience ooo so that people can learn! What about nellywho? I bet he's too busy organizing his ticket!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by GboyegaD(m): 2:59pm On Jul 20, 2011
shewhy:

Hello y'all. Just to tell you i got my visa today at the Lagos consulate. Even though i have been bounced twice at Abj in Jan and Feb this year respectively but i never give up. I thank everyone for there posts and comment here. It really helps. Keep the nairaland spirit going and hope to see y'all in the Nairaland party in the U.S, lol. One love

Regards,
Shewhy

Congrats Shewhy! Your persistence paid off. Wish you the very best in your studies and stay in the US.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by ifecx4real: 4:18pm On Jul 20, 2011
shewhy how did the interview go. post it here so orders can learn. happy for you.

i applied for an expedited appointment but avnt gotten a reply yet since monday.

(1) (2) (3) ... (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.