Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,562 members, 7,820,033 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:42 AM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (317) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (546201 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (314) (315) (316) (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by GboyegaD(m): 8:13am On Dec 09, 2011
rowlandoo:

@gboyegad

i understand you , i am decisive and more than decisive ever seen becaue you know i my major course is only been offered by jut one private univeristy here in nigeria and i have got substantial reason to go do it in the usa .

thanks i appreciate ,you got your Visa?

My advice is that you just keep an open mind that you are getting your VISA and if the will be giving only one student on that day then, it must be you.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by zerocool(m): 10:51am On Dec 09, 2011
It is known fact that it is easier getting a U.S student visa if you want to go for your Masters Degree - 1 to 2 years program. Getting a visa via the Undergraduate degree route is nearly impossible, trust me.

I have always advised people to go through the USIS (official), if they want to considerably increase their chances of been approved for a student visa. It is certain you'll be approved when they file your visa application for you.

Thing is, there are rules and hurdles to the USIS accepting students (into their program). One of the difficult "rule" is that any student going for an undergraduate program must not be older than 20-21, while for the graduate studies is max age of 25-26 i think.

And about success stories, it is not about how effectively you answer question (though it is part of it), you can even speak good grammer with phonetics, give great answers to questions, make a whole lot of sense, and still be denied.

It is simply sheer luck.

1 Like

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by ludab: 3:10pm On Dec 09, 2011
wat are the chances for undergraduate transfer to get visa? I have graduate but do to some reason i can't go for master's now but undergraduate transfer. I am worried abt that 'cos i want know if i can evaluate my transcript as undergraduate/transfer or Graduate. Response needed

1 Like

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by solo4deji(m): 6:22pm On Dec 09, 2011
@zerocool I don't believe that i have seen 25 student going for undergraduate and he got is visa at the embassy

so 4get abt age student visa at the embassy is luck and favour by God.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by zerocool(m): 8:33pm On Dec 09, 2011
solo4deji:

@zerocool I don't believe that i have seen 25 student going for undergraduate and he got is visa at the embassy

so 4get abt age student visa at the embassy is luck and favour by God.

You should have tried to read my post thoroughly and in-between lines to understand it, before you made that comment.

1 Like

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by zerocool(m): 8:50pm On Dec 09, 2011
I personally know not less than 8 people who went to the U.S embassy for visa (for undergraduate studies) and they were ALL denied. Mind you, they went at different times - not the same year and not together. All of them always telling the same story after their interview, that everybody before and after them was denied,  Some people crying (shame),  Blah, blah,

These people went on with their normal life, applied to a Nigerian university, finished up their undergraduate programs at their respective schools and re-applied for the U.S student visa (for masters program) after having completed their bachelor degree in Nigeria.

They ALL got the student visa - 4years or thereabout after the initial refusal.

These are just about 8 people I personally know,  Not heresay.

Funny thing is, they are still in the United States. None came back.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by javeset: 9:42pm On Dec 09, 2011
@cophild, I got the proof when my ticket was finally booked. They sent me my e-ticket after I made the payment, I quickly verify booking on the airline's website and I saw all my details revealed without no single mistake. So it shows me that the ticket is genuine. So guys wakanow.com is real.

@Kacytunde, here's my yahoo id< azeez9g > I'll answer all your questions.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by classy013: 9:53am On Dec 10, 2011
Zerocool, yes I agree with you. It's luck and favor of God. I pray to experience it too.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by rowlandoo: 3:43pm On Dec 10, 2011
@ZEROCOOL

What does USIS do for applicants , where can u get them , but u said if u are above 20-21 u cant be issued visa for undergraduate , how about if what you intend to study is only been offered by ONE university here in nigeria and the whole course is theorical compare to USA . going for masters in the course can not get u more knoweldge like studying it for 4years as an undergraduate , , i need your disgression
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by ludab: 6:29pm On Dec 10, 2011
@zerocool and others, what about going as a transfer student instead of masters after graduation. Do you stand a chance
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by GboyegaD(m): 12:55pm On Dec 11, 2011
@Zerocool, while I agree strongly with the favor thing, there is also the need for the student to come in prepared.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by zerocool(m): 6:01pm On Dec 11, 2011
rowlandoo:

@ZEROCOOL

What does USIS do for applicants , where can u get them , but u said if u are above 20-21 u cant be issued visa for undergraduate , how about if what you intend to study is only been offered by ONE university here in nigeria and the whole course is theorical compare to USA . going for masters in the course can not get u more knoweldge like studying it for 4years as an undergraduate , , i need your disgression

The USIS can be found at #1 Broad Street, Lagos. I didn't say students won't be issued visas if they are older than 21 or so, and want to go for their undergraduate studies.

I only said the USIS mostly consider students of that age range who want to go to the US for undergraduate studies, before they can register as 'their student'. I think it is only a precaution to avoid illegal people from using the student route to enter the U.S.

Other things, are that they will want to see your parents, know their assets, see account statements, know you better, Blah, blah, blahh

Mind you, the USIS is simply an affiliate and educational section of the US embassy. Most rich people send their kids to the USIS before they appear at the embassy for their interview.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by zerocool(m): 6:36pm On Dec 11, 2011
ludab:

@zerocool and others, what about going as a transfer student instead of masters after graduation. Do you stand a chance

Seriously, I don't know about the chances. I just posted the little I know and hopefully it will help people. The decision to approve or refuse visas lie 'solely' with the consulate officer, Not even a senator in the United States ( They have so much power in that cubicle ).

GboyegaD:

@Zerocool, while I agree strongly with the favor thing, there is also the need for the student to come in prepared.

Yeah, you are right. Going prepared is necessary but doesn't matter as much as 'favour' like you first mentioned. It is surprising how the US embassy does not even verify your account statement like the UK, and they still approve visas. Sometimes they don't even check ANY of your documents except your passport and I-20. Some people will carry so many valid documents and they won't even be asked to present it and they will still deny the applicant.

I have seen with my two eyes how someone was asked just one question at the US embassy. 1. Why did you choose your school , and the consulate officer was telling her that his cousin also attends that school in Alabama, etc, and that she should come for her visa on a specified day. The gal also probably knows her way'.

It is favour/luck, anyhow you want to call it.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by next2TX: 6:33am On Dec 12, 2011
, hello house!!!
it's been a while, so busy with exams nd school works. one of da busiest months of ma life. All glory to Almighty God 4 everything. baba loke naa nii!!
I look back today nd i think of ; d application procedures, payment, documents, date, time, fear, anxiety, questions, advise, discouragement, success, failures, lasgidi, abuja, chinko lady nd bla bla bla, i end up saying thank God!
my appreciation to femilangy nd mmbers of dis 4rum. i call d pages on dis 4rum visa cheat sheet. READ IT!!!!!

smiley smiley, This is d yankee we all dream of, U will appreciate it wen u finally landed ( i am not talkin bout money) but the quality of Life nd Education.

@ smiley imperiouxx, u re not 4gten, I wish u all da best come ntx 2wks+. i wish all oda applicants success story.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by keneyinks: 7:59am On Dec 12, 2011
Hello guys

My brother school resume on the 19th of jan and he has not gotten a date to reply at the embassy.
Pls what is the procedure for emergency appointment for Abuja. And what reasons can he state for his refusal.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by classy013: 9:01am On Dec 12, 2011
zerocool, does going to USIS at Broad Street increase one's chances of procuring the visa?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Tittolala: 10:36am On Dec 12, 2011
hello house i ve been away for sometime, busy with coming to terms with my employer for my end of service benefit.
@Imperious i read thru d recent posts i didnt see urs, well i know why, but dont let that deter you. U will surely get urs. We all kn that no one is perfect, so some might praise or insult u for ur good intentions.
@web congratulatns, but ur request stil keep appearing on my contact, whenever i want to accept, it keeps writing 'no items'
i cant meet up with my resumptn date, jan4. So i ve asked for a deferment till may.
Wishing everyone success in their endeavours.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by zerocool(m): 1:39pm On Dec 12, 2011
classy013:

zerocool, does going to USIS at Broad Street increase one's chances of procuring the visa?

Though they will tell you that they can't guarantee visa approval but YEAH, THEY INCREASE ONE's CHANCES, unless you bleep things up yourself during your interview. BTW, You have to (really sharpen up), by indirectly telling the officials that is the main reason why you have come to them, so they will know what help you need.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by classy013: 3:05pm On Dec 12, 2011
Okay, do they charge fees?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by mydestiny2: 8:05pm On Dec 12, 2011
okay, my visa got rejected today at abuja. I FUMBLED THROUGHOUT.visa rejection was massive, however i witnessd 2 student that got their visa.
my denial story is as follow:
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by keneyinks: 8:48am On Dec 13, 2011
Hello guys.

Please does anybody has contact of someone that can get F1 appointment for fair. Pls guys your assistance is urgently require. Thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by classy013: 11:24am On Dec 13, 2011
Hi dude, what date are you looking for?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 11:40am On Dec 13, 2011
Please guy continue your enquires here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-823866.0.html

This thread will be blocked soon

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (314) (315) (316) (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.