Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,526 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (301) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (546091 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 8:43am On Nov 08, 2011
@yung nick,

Your dad's fat accounts got you nothing if you don't address your case very well. Sure, you choose your school based on your personal interest not that your uncle said. . . . . and you went for it. Also remember your data is on their system, so you can't for now declare you got nobody in US on your new DS160.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 8:55am On Nov 08, 2011
@cophid,

I no blame dem ooo. Even I'm scare of waiting there for long now that I read on STV that ''US Embassy Warns''. It's now festive period, time that many usually put events and surprises.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by cophild: 9:35am On Nov 08, 2011
If U going to Lagos, b rest assured Dat in an hour or 2Max u ll b out cos Lagos consulate nw got a lotta peeps workin in there Bu dunno bou Abuja sha, All d best in ur interview bro, Cheers
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by drid: 6:46pm On Nov 08, 2011
Please, can anyone help me with the link on how to get an appointment date through other means since appointment dates has been exhausted in Abuja.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by cleverdude: 7:55pm On Nov 08, 2011
@House! Una no go believe wetin happen 4 embassy,in my frnds interview:IT WAS D MOST UNIQUE,OUTSTANDING AND FASTEST SUCCESFUL INTERVIEW I'VE EVER HEARD OF,d man at window 8 interviewed him. The most unbelieveable part of it,is dat,dis frnd of mine is a complete visa NOVICE,2 d extent dat he doesn't even knw d address of his skul. I even thought of d guy as a complete failure,b4 he went 4 his interview,because,i,who knw visa arrangmnts far more dan him,was denied last fall,i evn teach him hw to tackle d interview at times. Well,i think it was GOD'S FAVOUR at work,infact d guy admitted it. This is how the interview went, VO-hello, MY FRND-gud morning,sir, VO-what's ur name?, MY FRND-Victor, VO-let me av ur WAEC, MY FRND-(hands him over his WAEC), VO-ok sir,ur visa is approved,u'll pick it up, (blah blah blah blah). Dat's it o. I was shocked when he told me dis. My fellow NL members,abeg make una pray earnestly 4 GOD'S FAVOUR b4 going 4 ur interview o!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Gbenge77(m): 9:51pm On Nov 08, 2011
cleverdude:

@House! Una no go believe wetin happen 4 embassy,in my frnds interview:IT WAS D MOST UNIQUE,OUTSTANDING AND FASTEST SUCCESFUL INTERVIEW I'VE EVER HEARD OF,d man at window 8 interviewed him. The most unbelieveable part of it,is dat,dis frnd of mine is a complete visa NOVICE,2 d extent dat he doesn't even knw d address of his skul. I even thought of d guy as a complete failure,b4 he went 4 his interview,because,i,who knw visa arrangmnts far more dan him,was denied last fall,i evn teach him hw to tackle d interview at times. Well,i think it was GOD'S FAVOUR at work,infact d guy admitted it. This is how the interview went, VO-hello, MY FRND-gud morning,sir, VO-what's your name?, MY FRND-Victor, VO-let me av your WAEC, MY FRND-(hands him over his WAEC), VO-ok sir,your visa is approved,u'll pick it up, (blah blah blah blah). Dat's it o. I was shocked when he told me dis. My fellow NL members,abeg make una pray earnestly 4 GOD'S FAVOUR b4 going 4 your interview o!
How about that for an interview!Sometimes,"mother luck" plays a phenomenal role in these interviews.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 11:00pm On Nov 08, 2011
@seedord,

Would you stop that! Everything has been settled naow.

@gbenge,

Sure, luck has role to play in everyone's life.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 12:04am On Nov 09, 2011
seedord247:

Then carry your mama enter embassy naw. Msshewwww

If this comment offends you then you are not a lively person. This comment has been cracking me up for the past 30 mins,  Seedord was just trying to be funny. It is because you have not interacted with him that is why you would not understand. That guy is so funny that he jokes about almost everything.

Like I said before and I will continue to say, EVERYTHING, I mean EVERYTHING counts towards your Visa success. The only thing I dont believe count is wearing suits to the interview. Suits will not CUT it!!!!!

As an undergraduate try and look very young. Shave your beards if you have to (I dont have any!!! Lucky me!!!!) Look decent. It is not only Suit that makes someone look decent. (I wore jeans to my interview)

Cut your hair and look presentable, 

Lets all be honest to ourselves, there is no way these people can tell you are coming back!!! It is impossible to tell except them don dey apply African Methods to detecting lol grin grin grin grin grin grin

I know people here wey their papa get all the money for Naija wey their tomorrow is already planned but they have no plans to go back to naija after school. What I am trying to say here is still the same. There is no way for those guys at the embassy or Washington can ever tell you will come back except if you present it to them indirectly.

@Clever Dude, congratulate your guy for me jare!!!!

God help us all
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 7:21am On Nov 09, 2011
Gbenge 77:

I find your failed attempt at recrimination rather egregious and fallacious.Essentially,you have  taken tactlessness,idiocy and deliquence to new heights.unwittingly,you continually display your lack of ideological transcedence on this forum.

Nairaland could do without your atrocious grammar,motley fool.

Seriously Boss, who speaks these kinds of grammar? Never heard David Cameron or Barrack Obama speaking like this,  Lets all be reasonable. It doesn't really hurt if someone it attacking you and you just pay no attention to it.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Gbenge77(m): 7:48am On Nov 09, 2011
^^Your opening remarks appear sarcastic but i would take them in my stride.His virulent attacks warrant a reply.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 8:15am On Nov 09, 2011
That's enough from you guys ooo. Gbenge, what happens in the case your audience can't easily comprehend your statement? This is deviating from the ethic.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by cleverdude: 10:04am On Nov 09, 2011
@gbenga77-what good does it do u showing off ur vocabulary skills instead of the intensity of contributing to the success of the thread. The worst part is that,we all probably don't knw u in person,so there's no benefit of urs in these ur voluminous vocabs. Pls,try to fucos on contributing to the thread 4 d benefit of those who avn't got their visa,and our heavenly father will reward u.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by dotman2(m): 10:22am On Nov 09, 2011
cophild:

There is no section to drop your fones bro, If u driving u can keep it in d car b4 going in, Bu if u NT driving jst keep it @ ome, fones mkup combs etc, If u carry all these they ll tell u to throw Dem into a trash and u ll Neva come back for it, I m sure they ll b very very strict nw esp wit all Dem boko haram warnings here and there, cheers
thanx, but do they allow ppl to enter wit thier bags. . Abi na for hand pesin go carry document ni, lol grin
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by cophild: 10:28am On Nov 09, 2011
They won't let u come in wit any bag o, jst buy a plastic bag(all those transparent files) that go for 50 or 100 box if not u ll throw d bag into d trash o, Or u can put ur docs inside a big envelope, As for me I used d envelope ups used in sending my i20, Dat was all, They don't allow bags
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 1:18pm On Nov 09, 2011
@dotman,

''My CLEAR BAG'' - that clear pale coloured polyethene bag is your best bet.

@gbenge,

Na wa ooo!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by herself(f): 6:20pm On Nov 09, 2011
House, is changing location after being denied an outright denial in the new consulate? To be more precise, if a person was denied in lagos but couldn't get a date in lagos until way after the school's resumption date but got a date in Abuja that's before the school's resumption, is that a red flag? And what reason can be given to the consular for changing location? Is the fact that the lagos consulate didn't have available dates before the person's resumption unlike Abuja enough reason?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 7:16pm On Nov 09, 2011
herself:

House, is changing location after being denied an outright denial in the new consulate? To be more precise, if a person was denied in lagos but couldn't get a date in lagos until way after the school's resumption date but got a date in Abuja that's before the school's resumption, is that a red flag? And what reason can be given to the consular for changing location? Is the fact that the lagos consulate didn't have available dates before the person's resumption unlike Abuja enough reason?

I dont think any Consular would ask you why you changed locations. Abuja and Lagos is the same just different locations so no biggie!!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by deevick246(m): 7:18pm On Nov 09, 2011
herself:

That's a enough good reason and also the place of choice for interview is yours to decide.if you are able to secure a date for interview in Abuja shoot at it.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 7:34pm On Nov 09, 2011
VO: Why did you change location to Abuja?
You: That is where I could get an earliest date.
VO: Ok, your visa is granted ma (with a smile on his/her face)
You: Thanks (with mouth full of grin grin grin )
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by herself(f): 8:21pm On Nov 09, 2011
grin. Thanks, guys.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by herself(f): 8:29pm On Nov 09, 2011
grin. Thanks, guys.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 9:25pm On Nov 09, 2011
I'm anxiously waiting to hear success testimonies here starting from tomorrow.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by cleverdude: 11:38pm On Nov 09, 2011
djunit1:

I dont think any Consular would ask you why you changed locations. Abuja and Lagos is the same just different locations so no biggie!!!!
DON'T 4GET! Somebody on this thread was asked dat question recently at ABJ,by dat caucasian lady at window 7,after his denial at LAG,he switched over 2 ABJ consulate,and d vo asks "u live at LAG,so y leaving LAG consulate and come all the way here?",and the guy answered just lyk u av all adviced "hersef",d guy used scheduling of appointment as an excuse,BUT HE WAS STILL DENIED! I knw dat i'm nt in d vo's mynd;so,i probably might nt knw her reason 4 denial,bt i brought this up,because that vo asked that question,twice;which means she had a doubting mind. I wish d person will read this n comment on it.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 12:05am On Nov 10, 2011
clever, so. . . . . . .?

This is not the first time issue like that comes up and if you are the one what would you say? Answer: Because I like to play on your intelligence here in Abuja. Definately never. So that guy wasn't denied because of that question but because the VO has concluded that s/he won't give him.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by yungnick: 1:10am On Nov 10, 2011
All i wanna say is CONGRATULATIONS! CONGRATULATIONS! CONGRATULATIONS to us!
For the ones that has scores or issues, please, if have any reason not to be using vicious and offensive words on yourselves, I think you must consider it NOW especially 4 the fact that most of us WILL BE HAVING OUR INTERVIEWS within now and two three weeks time. If you care,PLS LET A DIVINE ANNOITING that will attract DIVINE TESTIMONIES flow in these thread by not introducing your personal grieviances and harsh uttrances to the peace of this thread, NITE friends.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 3:26am On Nov 10, 2011
cleverdude:

DON'T 4GET! Somebody on this thread was asked dat question recently at ABJ,by dat caucasian lady at window 7,after his denial at LAG,he switched over 2 ABJ consulate,and d vo asks "u live at LAG,so y leaving LAG consulate and come all the way here?",and the guy answered just lyk u av all adviced "hersef",d guy used scheduling of appointment as an excuse,BUT HE WAS STILL DENIED! I knw dat i'm nt in d vo's mynd;so,i probably might nt knw her reason 4 denial,bt i brought this up,because that vo asked that question,twice;which means she had a doubting mind. I wish d person will read this n comment on it.

Really? With the way you try to make us understand how vast you are with Visa processing you actually believe that guy was denied because he changed locations? How many Miles is Abj from Lagos? I am asking this because people travel thousands of Miles here to get what they could get in their locality just to have a road trip and to see leaves falling off the trees (FALL)

I advice any body to answer questions thrown at them the best way they can answer it with their brain and not what someone advised them to say. I found this the best approach during my interview.

For instance, I go to renew my Visa in Abj now and VO asks me why AbJ my response would be It is been over 2 years I saw Abj so I used the opportunity to come to Abj to renew my thing!!!! Like I said before no Biggie!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:31am On Nov 10, 2011
@ Seedord247:

Your usage of vulgar and derogatory words is really very alarming. I believe you should give a little respect to others. They deserve it, don't they?

Then with respect to changing interview venues after a prior denial, I personally would not subscribe to that. When I did my 1st interview in Abuja earlier in d year, I was denied. I wanted to take Lagos for d 2nd interview. However, I was advised on this same thread not to. I heeded d advise and stuck to Abuja and I got d visa. The question I asked myself was: If I happened to be d VO and an applicant who resides in Lagos and had his 1st interview in Lagos now comes to Abuja for his 2nd interview, what would be the 1st thing that would come to my mind? I would assume that something is fishy somewhere. So, why put yourself in a disadvantaged position even before you start ur interview? and seriously, when d VO already has a pre-conceived impression of u, it's going to take some serious effort from u to change his impression. Just my humble opinion.

PS: And by d way, why does everyone scream when someone uses a 'big' word? The fact that some one uses a 'tall' word here, doesn't mean he's trying to show off. What did we all go to school for if we are afraid to use these words because of what people will say?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by wealthpos(f): 5:12am On Nov 10, 2011
Hello fellow nairalanders, Please my i-20 for spring resumption came late and I,m just preparing to book an appointment now,and the lagos appontment page said there is no appointment now, The abuja is already in march, Please what is happening ?, Can anyone give my an advice on what to do?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by wealthpos(f): 5:14am On Nov 10, 2011
And please do anyone know if the emergency appointment is still working?, and how can I go about it?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:55am On Nov 10, 2011
Gbenge 77:

In order to have an inkling  into the personality of this seedord guy, nairalanders should see this thread where he portrayed himself as a scam artist.
www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-718207.0.html

Checked up d link and seriously, I really don't know wat to say, unless, its actually d truth he was saying.
Had to go way back into this thread & I just cldnt help but notice so many accusations all pointed at Seedord247. Brother, I think u got to clear ur name, No hard feelings
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by syndikate: 7:57am On Nov 10, 2011
Al dis smal smal boys sef., or old men wit undeveloped brains. U want us 2 cum on dis page 2b readin abuses? U best b focused.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 3:03pm On Nov 10, 2011
syndikate:

Al dis smal smal boys sef., or old men wit undeveloped brains. U want us 2 precipitate on dis page 2b readin abuses? U best b focused.

I tire bros, I don advice everyone to forget insults and move on. Show Maturity and act like you didn't notice the loser dissin you

(1) (2) (3) ... (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.