Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,513 members, 7,954,946 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:03 PM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (305) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (551919 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by log1(m): 11:36am On Nov 17, 2011
kudos to evrybdy that has bin making dis thread alive. I cant start mentioning names cos una plenty. All i knw is ur own case will neva prove difficult and unsolvable IJN, U will neva be a signpost dat gives direction but neva go to d direction of d place its describing,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Adolite(m): 11:46am On Nov 17, 2011

VISA DENIED AGAIN @ LAGOS WIDOW 1"Black guy"wink. THEY REALLY DENIED STUDENT YESTERDAY .

Here is my Interview

ME: Good afternoon sir with smile,
VO: Am not sure he reply.

VO: Why do u want to study in usa?
ME: I want to study in usa to acquire quality education.

VO: Something like why not in your home country?

ME: My dad always tell me US is d world best and that i will acquire the best qualitative education that will befit my major.

VO: Why this school.
ME: I choose this school, because i made a check list about d school i wanted,  First, a non-profit school, an affordable school to my spousor which is my father, a school with QUALITY FACILITIES THAT WILL ENHANCE THE PRACTICAL STUDY THAT BEFIT  MY MAJOR.

VO: What quality?
ME: (First silent ) Like expertise instructor, good learning environment,Indoor Air Quality,thermal comfort. (VO: continuous typin)

VO: (i barely hear him) Do u go to university or polytechnice?
ME: yes,

VO: have u finished?
ME: Sir, i can't hear u.( VO: so he paraphrased d question)
ME: oh! No sir,  just high school

VO: when did u finish
ME: ans

VO: What have u been doing?
ME,  attendin tutorial classes in preparation for sat exam blah blah blah,  (and i also said i went for a four month I.T certificate program when i was denied of  visa in July.)

VO: Do u have any standared test
ME:Yes.(showed him ma sat score).

VO: Have u travel out this country before?
ME: No sir, because i don't have any reason to until now.

VO: I am sorry your Visa cannot be approved now.
ME: why sir, ( We don't give out reasons).

Plz, my ppl sha na true? a friend of mine advice me not to apply again since have been denied twice that they won't be any accurance. And i plan to reapply today.

@Keeptryin

Na you Deny yourself ooooooooo,  it seems you not bold and confident in answering the questions he asked you, moreover, those 2nd,3rd  questions are meant for you to tell him in your first question that was asked,     Pls before you re apply take time to read the previous post on this thread, is very helpful.

And lastly, You can re apply as many time as you can because there is a testimony  here of a guy denied 5times and 6times he got it,  Keep the faith
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by jaybee3(m): 11:53am On Nov 17, 2011
Keeptryin:

VISA DENIED AGAIN @ LAGOS WIDOW 1"Black guy"wink. THEY REALLY DENIED STUDENT YESTERDAY .

Here is my Interview

ME: Good afternoon sir with smile,
VO: Am not sure he reply.

ME: My dad always tell me US is d world best and that i will acquire the best qualitative education that will befit my major.

ME: I choose this school, because i made a check list about d school i wanted, First, a non-profit school, an affordable school to my spousor which is my father, a school with QUALITY FACILITIES THAT WILL ENHANCE THE PRACTICAL STUDY THAT BEFIT MY MAJOR.

VO: What quality?
ME: (First silent ) Like expertise instructor, good learning environment,Indoor Air Quality,thermal comfort. (VO: continuous typin)

VO: (i barely hear him) Do u go to university or polytechnice?
ME: yes,

VO: have u finished?
ME: Sir, i can't hear u.( VO: so he paraphrased d question)
ME: oh! No sir, just high school

VO: when did u finish
ME: ans

VO: What have u been doing?
ME, attendin tutorial classes in preparation for sat exam blah blah blah, (and i also said i went for a four month I.T certificate program when i was denied of visa in July.)

VO: Do u have any standared test
ME:Yes.(showed him ma sat score).

VO: I am sorry your Visa cannot be approved now.
ME: why sir, ( We don't give out reasons).

Plz, my ppl sha na true? a friend of mine advice me not to apply again since have been denied twice that they won't be any accurance. And i plan to reapply today.

I would have denied you after the first 5 answers you gave.
Didn't you practice before attending the interview bro?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 12:27pm On Nov 17, 2011
I got nothing to say because it's all being said. New thread members should endeavour to go through this thread starting from summer 2011 (i.e Apr/May). Do you know that I'm still trashing and modifying my responses since June? Just to be much convincing on that day as no one is perfect. Practise they say makes perfection. Except God's favor and luck on one side, no one can ever walk to exams and pass without prior preparations.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 12:33pm On Nov 17, 2011
log1:

kudos to evrybdy that has bin making dis thread alive. I cant start mentioning names cos una plenty. All i knw is your own case will neva prove difficult and unsolvable IJN,  U will neva be a signpost dat gives direction but neva go to d direction of d place its describing,

AMEN!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by classy013: 1:00pm On Nov 17, 2011
I am so sorry to hear that. I think you were denied visa today based on the fact that you've never traveled out before. The interview was okay. If you wish, you may travel out first before you go for another interview. But please try to give more information about Nigeria showing your ties with the country and how your studies in America would help you in Nigeria when you return.

Schedule for another interview and expect questions like who is your sponsor, how about your family, what does your parents do for a living, where are they, do you have siblings and do you know anyone in America just to frighten you.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Keeptryin: 3:07pm On Nov 17, 2011
Thanks to all that responded,

@jay bee i did bros,

Plz i need correction , especially on What quality?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 4:10pm On Nov 17, 2011
Your dad is not the reason you want to study abroad. If naija schs have great facilities, govt don't cause strikes and/or you don't want to be proficient in your career you won't want to go abroad to study. Qualities of your sch depends on your course of study, still it could be the quality education, research facility, exposure to project works, prof ratio etc. Though your response to the why US question landed you on a bad side right from the start.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by syndikate: 6:10pm On Nov 17, 2011
@keeptryin

D black dude dat interviewed u denied almost everybody he interview on my interview day. I was prayin nt 2 near him. But u made it easier 4 him 2 deny u if ur responces went lik u mentioned.
My advice 4u is 2 ready d trend, dat taks alot of dedication, list out d frequently asked question and practice d best answer dat apply 2u many times & pray u dont meet anoda enemy of progress on ur next interview, ur gud 2 go.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 6:57pm On Nov 17, 2011
Adolite i can't stop laughing regarding your interview.

grin grin grin grin grin

Guy please you shouldn't have put this on the thread even though you say this at the interview

To me all you answer are just erroneous to be specific. You should have chat with someone in tha house before going for the interview.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Adolite(m): 7:09pm On Nov 17, 2011
[table]Adolite i can't stop laughing regarding your interview.

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Guy please you shouldn't have put this on the thread even though you say this at the interview

To me all you answer are just erroneous to be specific. You should have chat with someone in tha house before going for the interview.

[/table]

@Seedord

that is not for me m, it seems you not reading along, ma interview is coming soon,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 7:12pm On Nov 17, 2011
Adolite:

[table]Adolite i can't stop laughing regarding your interview.

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

[/table]

@Seedord

that is not for me m, it seems you not reading along, ma interview is coming soon,

Ohhh . .sorry Ma bi nu . . . I thought you were the one.

I was amazed because i was not expecting this kind of shit from you.

Wishing you best of luck.

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 7:24pm On Nov 17, 2011
in my opinion, I dont think saying your dad advised you to study abroad is a bad response to a question. IF your Profs at school, Friends, Websites can tell you about a school why cant your father?

What you need do is appear for the interview and not sound desperate. Dont sound like if you dont get this Visa your life is finished (even thought it maybe grin grin grin grin )

America nor be do or die affair, If them deny you this year try another time but if you get other options try am too,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 8:21pm On Nov 17, 2011
Sure djunit, dad's advice about schooling isn't bad sometimes but for this very VO it is. The VO has made up his mind after that first question, therefore, it will take extra effort to convince him.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Tittolala: 9:25pm On Nov 17, 2011
ur responses were not convincing enough, it doesnt contain what d vo was expecting from you. Mind u it was d black guy that interviewed me. Take ur time to prepare for ur interview next time. By the way hw old are u?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by wilzz26: 10:41pm On Nov 17, 2011
Tittolala:

your responses were not convincing enough, it doesn't contain what d vo was expecting from you. Mind u it was d black guy that interviewed me. Take your time to prepare for your interview next time. By the way hw old are u?

pls house, dint talk like that. the guy gave his best and he took the SAT test and he was OK in my own opinion as he wasn't questioned much and haven been denied once or so don't expect the consular to ask much from him. the truth of the matter is the united states embassy in Nigeria here are not for now ready to issue much student visas at all.
But for exceptional cases like special programmes like MSC, PHD in top graded institutions etc. many students in 2010 on F1 student visa don't or did not report to school after their arrival in the united states. some of them attend 1 semester and disappear in to tin air. they have all their facts and figures. i have been to Lagos and Abuja before i know how both operates. that is why they will ask'' have you traveled out before'' if they note that you are ok as per the detailed information you gave. if as of july 2010 a guy that can not really express himself could get an f1 visa then notthing is special about the interview,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by wilzz26: 11:28pm On Nov 17, 2011
imperiouxx:

Sure djunit, dad's advice about schooling isn't bad sometimes but for this very VO it is. The VO has made up his mind after that first question, therefore, it will take extra effort to convince him.

my guy forget that one the black guy doesnt want to give the visa out. he has started adiopting the short white lady's principle. amd by the way he is going for an under graduate course.

I am still saying it that if a guy that could not express him self properly in english language could get an F1 visa then i know all we go there to yalk about to the vo is notthing. the truth is that many Nigerian student are much in the united states whom did not report nor attend thier proposed school for studies. that is why they willl ask have you travelled out before? to be sure you are not one of thoes seeking f1 visa to enter the us and run away.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 11:39pm On Nov 17, 2011
wilzz26:

my guy forget that one the black guy doesnt want to give the visa out. he has started adiopting the short white lady's principle. amd by the way he is going for an under graduate course.

I am still saying it that if a guy that could not express him self properly in english language could get an F1 visa then i know all we go there to yalk about to the vo is notthing. the truth is that many Nigerian student are much in the united states whom did not report nor attend thier proposed school for studies. that is why they willl  ask have you travelled out before? to be sure you are not one of thoes seeking f1 visa to enter the us and run away.

Guy you just dey talk your own jare,  No truth whatsoever in what you are saying. Do you kno how many Indians come to the US with F-1 and adjust status withing a few months?

Do you know how many Asians come to the US and not go to school?

True, I have seen people with F-1 who can not express themselves in English and they got Visa (them wowo join am) It is with this reason that I am among those who believe it is not just about your brains (or looks) God has to come in too!!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by wilzz26: 11:56pm On Nov 17, 2011
djunit1:

Guy you just dey talk your own jare, No truth whatsoever in what you are saying. Do you kno how many Indians come to the US with F-1 and adjust status withing a few months?

Do you know how many Asians come to the US and not go to school?

True, I have seen people with F-1 who can not express themselves in English and they got Visa (them wowo join am) It is with this reason that I am among those who believe it is not just about your brains (or looks) God has to come in too!!!!

you have a point there about asians indians etc as they are also faceing thesame problems and with Gods favour anything can happen. the school i applied to came to Nigeria and they were at the embassy and they told them lots of rubish about the Nigerian student seeking F1 visa. infact they were told not to issue I20S
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by ikrinore: 10:44am On Nov 18, 2011
Hello guys
I can see u all re doing a nice job here,God help all of us.
Pls sombody experiences enough should help me with this questions.
I applied to a single sch a̶̲̥̅̊nd̶̲̥̅̊ i was send my addmision,d problem is VO usually ask how many sch did u apply for a̶̲̥̅̊nd̶̲̥̅̊. Reply 3 or 4.wat do i do say d truth i applied to a sch alone or lie?
My statement of acct hav #3m is it enough to carry as my act statement or i should top d acct
Pls sombody reply me
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by classy013: 10:52am On Nov 18, 2011
Which school is that?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 11:43am On Nov 18, 2011
Sure undergraduates encounter much challenges from VOs this is the reason why I said the guy had been rejected right after the first question. Still we can't compare the influx of Indian and Chinese students into US with that of Nigerian. The issue of traveling before doesn't mean that one will/won't abscond but that's one of their methods of evaluation in Lagos while that of Abuja is/was academic questions.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Tittolala: 1:45pm On Nov 18, 2011
@ikrinore we ve said it on this thread several times that its better for u to say u applied to more than one sch, because its shows u are serious. Pls take ur time to go thru the pages of this thread as it will get u prepared for d task ahead of u. To me i dont think 3m is enough. Try to google out some schs and know sometin about them, so that u can tell d vo, incase if u are ask what u kn about d schs. If possible apply to more than one sch.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by iamcapela: 7:35pm On Nov 18, 2011
@ All

Good aevening great Nairalanders, I am here again to seek an advise regarding applying to the United States as a degree seeking student, Tho last year October I applied for a Visitor visa at the Abuja Yankee Embassy, I claimed I was working with a Company in Abuja, I work with my ND results as a Core Network Operator for Huawei, Now I was refused the visa based on the fact that I wasn't married and I've not previous travel experience and that was just the first time I applied to Yankee embassy finger prints were taken.

Now I am weighing my options of going to Yankee again to apply for a student visa, My questions is, Can I apply for a student visa without them asking why I wanna leave my job to go to school now, Please I need contributions from all of you to guide on why I am going for my Under Grad, by the way I am 26, thanks all.

I need your advise at Y'all thanks again and God bless you
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by solo4deji(m): 8:32pm On Nov 18, 2011
Hello! to Nairalander pple one of my went for interview 2day at abj

he said that the VO told him that those that applied b4 at Lag should nt apply for interview at Abj

I will like to knw if any1 that wnt for abj experience sometin like dat
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 9:33pm On Nov 18, 2011
Did the site say so? And what happened to your friend afterward?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by pointalert: 9:41pm On Nov 18, 2011
I KNOW THIS THREAD IS FOR STUDENTS F1 VISA

@HOUSE, suxes2005, imperiouxx, Gbenge 77

New in the house. I want to apply for US Visa as my friend is visiting me. My plan is to spend few days and come back to my country. Went through this forum, the problem am having is the class to apply for because I found out people are going for B1/B2 class even though is for tourism which should be B/B2 from my own thinking. I want to apply for visiting and tourism, house which one I should pick?

Temp. Business Pleasure Visitor (B)
Tourism/Medical Treatment (B2)
OR
Temp. Business Pleasure Visitor (B)
Business/Personal (B1/B2)(THIS COULD B WHY SO MANY PPL GET IT WRONG WHEN ASK WHY ARE U GOING TO THE U.S AND UR ANS GOES LIKE THIS TOURISM) SINCE THE VISA CLASS IS WRONG AT THE INITIAL
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by rawxray4za: 12:14am On Nov 19, 2011
Am currently in US studying, this forum really helped me a lot and am happy today, my visa interview question (Page 235).

After reading Adolite's interview, I decided to help, Please don't ever relate your studies to your Dad, Uncle, Mom or Family members in general because, these people at the embassy are psychologist, what you say may seem very simple to you, but how another man understands it may be different. Telling him your Dad said something about USA being world best is something a primary school baby knows. How does your academic concerns your Dad if you can't do research on your own to find out things for yourself? they will just conclude that, maybe your Dad want's you to be in USA for his own selfish reasons.

Another thing is being SINGLE, don't ever tell them you'll be getting married soon, they will conclude IT'S IN USA just mind what you say if any question arises on MARRIAGE.

If they ask you a question about your school or USA that you don't know, just tell them you did research on google/online and you found out that bla bla bla, It is better than telling them; my brother in USA told me, My aunty in Canada told me, My Dad in Hong Kong said so, smiley You just have to prove to them that you do a lot of research work online instead of relying on people who may know little or nothing about USA/Academics.

I don't have much to say anyways, I love you all and I must say, even if you know it all, you still have to commit everything into God's hands cause, HE is the MASTER OF ALL VISAS, I wish you all success, 1luv Pple!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 8:31am On Nov 19, 2011
@pointalert,

Your question will be answer in the other thread on visiting.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by pointalert: 11:28am On Nov 19, 2011
@imperiouxx

Thanks for the respond. keep the good job.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by solo4deji(m): 4:27pm On Nov 19, 2011
International Applicants,

Please be aware that due to a technical error throughout the SEVIS system in all American consulates and embassies, VISA issuance has been put on hold. This means there will be a general delay in issuing VISAs for I-20 holders. You may want to contact the embassy or consulate you where your VISA interview is to take place, to find out if your appointment will be affected.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by KayDee4: 6:39pm On Nov 19, 2011
I don't think you prepared well before the interview because your answers to the basic questions you could anticipate weren't well crafted at all.

Keeptryin:

These questions simply ask the same thing and in summary, means "How is the US educational system better than here in Nigeria?" When you think of strikes, laboratory and research facilities, etc etc, I'm sure you can come up with millions of "brilliant" answers on that.

Keeptryin:

ME: I choose this school, because i made a check list about d school i wanted,  First, a non-profit school, an affordable school to my spousor which is my father, a school with QUALITY FACILITIES THAT WILL ENHANCE THE PRACTICAL STUDY THAT BEFIT  MY MAJOR.

You should show personal academic ambition and not come across like someone being forced off to school by your dad.

You know what course you want to study, you know what you want to do with it after graduation, you know the various schools offering  the course and it is not compulsory you're attending the number 1 school in that course. All you have to do is go to the departmental website and read about the department, they always have something (a departmental achievement) to boast about, put that in your answer and tell the VO a beautiful story about how it inspired you.

Keeptryin:

classy013:

I am so sorry to hear that. I think you were denied visa today based on the fact that you've never traveled out before. The interview was okay. If you wish, you may travel out first before you go for another interview.

Contrary to your opinion, you DON'T need to have travelled out before to be issued a US visa, and the interview wasn't okay for an F1 candidate.

(1) (2) (3) ... (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) ... (317)

Thread for South Korea prospective students / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.