Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,404 members, 7,819,430 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:07 PM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (546164 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by james2man: 9:20am On Jul 18, 2009
@waffigbo you will have to be patient because the material (i mean booklet) for the e-passport is not available at the moment,even here in 9ja people who applied for the e-passport haven't receive it yet.so relax,I just hope it is never going to be too late before they get the booklet.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Afam4eva(m): 4:16pm On Jul 18, 2009
Pls i'm about going to the american embassy to get an f1 visa. i want to know if they accept NECO in place of waec cos my waec is not all that good.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jul 18, 2009
AFAM AFAM AFAM AFAM AFAM , how many times i call u ?GO to the embassy they dont need all this ur bodering urself about. grin grin grin grin grin wink wink wink

Are u going in for masters or B.sc?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by rachiwise(f): 12:08pm On Jul 19, 2009
Femilangy

How r u doing?tried catching you on YIM.

You mentioned Virgin Nigeria to Femi2000,what are their services like to US and also the amount for the ticket?

Please help out.we need info on airlines to US.And must a student buy a return ticket?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jul 19, 2009
@ rachiwise

I said VIRGIN ATLANTIC,not VIRGIN NIGERIA,try checking the atlantic website to see if they connect to the state ur broda intend going.

As per return ticket,NO ur bro doesnt need a return.(he has a student visa)

then i tink KLM might be cheaper though, my mom flew KLM last week tuesday and was cheaper than ATLANTIC.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jul 19, 2009
rachiwise:

Femilangy

How r u doing?tried catching you on YIM.

You mentioned Virgin Nigeria to Femi2000,what are their services like to US and also the amount for the ticket?

Please help out.we need info on airlines to US.And must a student buy a return ticket?

I usually advise most students to just check out Delta since you can always book a flight once you get to ATL. Heard they now fly to NY.
Most major airlines would do. It's only the time in transit that can be tedious.
If you don't mind the long time, you can go with emirates. Their services are good. It's just that it'll take you almost 2days especially if you're going to texas.
For intending students, choose an airline that flies close to your intended location. You can book a flight at the airport when you enter yankee.
For those that are suffering from the Global crunch like moi, you can take Greyhound or Amtrak to your final destination once you leave the airport.!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by waffigbo(m): 3:49pm On Jul 19, 2009
james2man:

@waffigbo you will have to be patient because the material (i mean booklet) for the e-passport is not available at the moment,even here in 9ja people who applied for the e-passport haven't receive it yet.so relax,I just hope it is never going to be too late before they get the booklet.

James2man thanks for the assurance, At least make dem pick phone na instead of keeping me on suspension.

After trying for a week one lady picked up and after narrating to her my situation she agree that its overdue, she collect my number and name saying she will call me back. Gaii she call me o!! for where, she is still MIA, i don tire,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Afam4eva(m): 6:12pm On Jul 19, 2009
femilangy:

AFAM AFAM AFAM AFAM AFAM , how many times i call u ?GO to the embassy they dont need all this ur bodering urself about. grin grin grin grin grin wink wink wink

Are u going in for masters or B.sc?

I'm going for Bsc. Considering the fact that i've been out of secondary school since 2003 what do u think the'll want to know.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jul 19, 2009
afam4eva:

I'm going for Bsc. Considering the fact that i've been out of secondary school since 2003 what do u think the'll want to know.

@ afam4eva

First things first how old are u?if u are over 23,going for a B.Sc?then u stand a very little chance of getting a visa,but not witstanding you have to be able to prove to the consular what u have been doing from 2003-till date!

Just cook up a very good story to convince the consular.

All the best bro.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Afam4eva(m): 6:22pm On Jul 19, 2009
@ femilangy

I was 23 years three days ago. I've been taking IT courses and working since 2003.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jul 19, 2009
@ Afam

Then u stand a good chance,just take along to the embassy copies of ur certifications from professional courses,cos trust me u wuld be asked what you have been doing.

All the best bro
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Afam4eva(m): 6:38pm On Jul 19, 2009
Thanks bro
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by olamonsor: 8:47pm On Jul 19, 2009
HELLLO, I NEED SOMEONE THAT CAN GIVE ME A SCHOOL IN US THAT WILL HELP ME TO GET OUT OF THIS COUNTRY, ,,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Binuomoyo: 8:59pm On Jul 19, 2009
Don't you think there are lots of pressure with entering UK and US? Why not choose Scandinavian countries?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jul 19, 2009
afam4eva:

To be honest, your chance is really tight. They'll think you're just one of those people who use school admissions to get into yankee and then discard their I-20.
Try not to bring up your age issue unless asked.
Ensure that your sponsors are your parents - same name. If they r not, you're raising another red flag, chance decreases by another 30%
At the end of the day, if you'll get it, you'll get it.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by rachiwise(f): 10:01pm On Jul 19, 2009
@ Femilangy
Thanks for the info.sorry i meant Virgin Altantic.

Our travel agent is trying to get us a return ticket by force o.we might have to go to KLM's booking office ourselves.They go to the city my bro's school is.

Thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by rachiwise(f): 10:09pm On Jul 19, 2009
@ A-town

Thanks for dropping a line.Pls is KLM services great,hope it wouldnt take 2 days like emirates!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by asil: 6:22am On Jul 20, 2009
@house: This is just to inform u guys that I got my US student visa on Friday. It was purely God's favour.

1 Like

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:11am On Jul 20, 2009
@ Rachiwise

I dont understand what u mean by service,'cos this airlines are the best airlines in the world and i mean KLM,VIRGIN,EMIRATES,LUFTHANSA, so what kinda service would ur brother need. . . . . . . . . . .Body massage on board? grin cheesy wink

If he goes with KLM he will have a stop over in amsterdam,if he goees with ATLANTIC he will have a stopover in London,. . . . . . dont be scared he wont need a transit visa for any of this countries,they have made life easier for us now.
I personally like stoping over when i travel cos i like having a feel of those other countries and i really have this phobia for flying,so i cant always wait to get off the aircraft.

@ Afam

Just try and be confident and make sure u have a ready story should they ask you what ur status has been since 2003 till date.IMO u would get it if u can organise ur self well.

@ A-town

Nice advice. . . . .thanks for keeping the thread alive.

@ asil

Congrats wish u all the best in GODS OWN COUNTRY
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by james2man: 10:35am On Jul 20, 2009
@asil i'm happy for your good testimony,please share ur your experience with us i mean the questions asked by the consular, I wish you more success in life,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:27am On Jul 20, 2009
What kind of story can the 23 years old guy cook up.Please help o.I am 25.But the Lord is my strength they have no choice than to grant me F1 visa.
Cheer up!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by toyosiwemi(f): 12:04pm On Jul 20, 2009
@ asil congrats on ur visa

guys im wondering whatsup with medicals? has it now been cancelled? at what point do u do it and how long does it take(how many days). this is because the old sytem u had to do it after the interview before u get ur passport back, want to know what the process is now, especially from those who just got their visa

thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jul 20, 2009
@ toyosiwemi

Medicals! @ the ameriican embassy?i havent heard of dat . . . . .maybe some oda folks can comment on that.

TO you A-town.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jul 20, 2009
rachiwise:

@ A-town

Thanks for dropping a line.Pls is KLM services great,hope it wouldnt take 2 days like emirates!
The last time i used KLM was in 2005 and it was "OK". At that time they still required transit visas. Most of them don't require it anymore because customers have boycotted them for Delta. The reason your agent wants to get you a return ticket is because thats the one he'll probably get a deal on. Mind you, the price of the return ticket could even be cheaper than a one way ticket. Most airlines charge exhorbitantly for one way tickets. They don't charge you half the regular price for international flights.
femilangy:

@ toyosiwemi

Medicals! @ the ameriican embassy?i havent heard of dat . . . . .maybe some oda folks can comment on that.

TO you A-town.
It is only the people going for immigrant visas that do medicals. "Green card lottery people dem dem"
Unless they implemented a new rule like eh 20 minutes ago!!!, you will not do any medicals for an F1 visa
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jul 20, 2009
For the guys that are over 23 and going for B.sc.
Here is what i have to say:
I think it would be wise to just tell them the truth if they ask about your age. Their intention is to deny you based on false pretence so it is left for you to prove them wrong.
Just tell them JAMB has been F.c.uking you up. Trust me, they know how hard Jamb is.
Tell them your parents want you to study the course that you got admitted to in the US and Jamb has been preventing you from doing so in Nigeria.
Tell them you've been doing your professional courses in the mean time and show your certificates.

One other thing,
If your parents work for an American company/Multi national, you are like 98% there.
Just make sure the first document you show is a letter head from your sponsors company indicating he/she works they.
You would really have to f.u, c.k up big time if your father works for Exxon/Chevron/Shell for them to deny your visa.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jul 20, 2009
hmm!!! well said a-town well said!!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by rachiwise(f): 1:40pm On Jul 20, 2009
@asil
Well done girl! I knew you do just fine.More success stories will continue flow in.

@a-town
Thanks for the info.

@Femilangy
Yeah,i was actually looking for an airline with messaging equipment for my bro, lol!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jul 20, 2009
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jul 20, 2009
echemichael:

I am the guy of over 23,I have been working in my elder sister's company as a manager in a department and the company is my sponsor.What do u think about it?Guys talk!

Be prepared to tell them how the company will benefit from sponsoring you to the US.
Is the company really willing to sponsor you for at least 4 years?
Does your intended major have anything to do with the companys activities?
These are the kind of questions that may be raised.
They usually understand that companies are willing to sponsor students for Grad degrees.
If your sister owns the company and is a sole signatory to it. I'd suggest you use her as sponsor and add her personal account + the companys account to your statement.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jul 20, 2009
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jul 20, 2009
echemichael:

Thank Rock,my sister and her husband are signatories.My study is in software development while the company is an educational firm based on lab,library supply and other school stuffs.I have only the company bank statement with a letter on their letter head showing that the are my sponsor.

They may ask you why the company wants to sponsor you. How will you studying software development be of any benefit to them.
While i don't mean to intrude, what about your parents? They'll wonder why your sister and her husband want to sponsor you through college when they have/will have kids of their own to sponsor. Expect queries like this.
On the other hand, you may be lucky and they won't even bug you at all.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jul 20, 2009

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.