Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,240 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:39 AM

Aregbesola Impeachment: Osun Assembly Sends Him Judge's Petition - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aregbesola Impeachment: Osun Assembly Sends Him Judge's Petition (33044 Views)

Aregbesola: Osun Assembly Dismisses Judge’s Petition, Says It Lacks Merit / “you Mean I’m Now A Prisoner?” – Lamido Exclaims After Court Sends Him To Prison / Unpaid Salaries: Serving Osun Judge Calls For Aregbesola’s Impeachment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aregbesola Impeachment: Osun Assembly Sends Him Judge's Petition by vedaxcool(m): 8:02am On Jun 25, 2015
juman:
In my opinion I think aregbe has tried for his state (osun).

The projects he did were projects he thought were good things for the state but the reduced allocation from the federal broke many state governments back.

Nevertheless aregbe like other yoruba governors failed to free themselves from oil money, the oil that is not from our region. They failed to go into agriculture massively.

Chief awolowo did his projects from money not from oil but money from agriculture. But the present crop of leaders of today are too clueless and too unserious to do the correct thing.
Gbam, this is the point that the children of hate and despair cannot comprehend!
Re: Aregbesola Impeachment: Osun Assembly Sends Him Judge's Petition by RALPHOW(m): 8:04am On Jun 25, 2015
IT IS TIME FOR NIGERIA ACTIVISTS TO MOBILISE WORKERS AND OTHERS IN OSUN
AND CHASE THIS DISORGANISED MAN (AREGBESOLA) OUT OF OFFICE AND EVEN OUT OF OSUN STATE.
HE SAID HE HAS LOST CONTROL OF THE STATE, THE HONOURABLE THING IS TO RESIGN.

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Impeachment: Osun Assembly Sends Him Judge's Petition by Super1Star: 8:05am On Jun 25, 2015
His government is that of a systematic rap.e of the people. He is a stubborn man that feels he is the alpha and omega of wisdom.
How can you explain demolition of schools and constructing new ones, without having sufficient funds to complete them?

How can you make the school uniforms one like a communist state? Where the children not wearing school uniform before he came.

Oyinlola started the school feeding the programme, under the OBJ's scheme for school children and Aregbe came and made it look like it was his idea.

All the loans he collected from banks are meant to start and complete the projects he started, but none was completed. What happened to the money?

He was more interested in propaganda rather than completion of projects. He nearly tore the fabric of the state along religious lines, until when he was called to order by Yoruba Elders?

The Opon-imo is a monumental fraud that should to be investigated by EFCC.

The Commissioner for finance, that rogue and arrogant man did not help out in any way. He contributed immensely to his downfall.

This is a learning point to the State and other states. You should always vote in.people that live with you. They will know your pains and aspirations as a people, you will know their antecedents and credibility level.

How does he wants to fund his new pet projects of new LGs, if the existing ones are only existing on sign posts?

Aregbesola is a failure. He should admit it and keep quiet. His case is like the Father of the house that ran his home aground.

I hope a good party will come up with a fantastic and realistic manifesto and credible candidate in 2018. Definitely not PDP with their questionable candidates.
Re: Aregbesola Impeachment: Osun Assembly Sends Him Judge's Petition by poseidon12: 8:07am On Jun 25, 2015
omojeesu:
Situation is bad. Aregbe has failed. But what is the motive of impeachment? Will the next Governor do a miracle? Who no wan be governor, Mr. Speaker? This may just still be part of antiTinubu plan for the South west. Good luck to them! God remains in control in Nigeria. That's what matters ultimately!
The man is obviously incompetent and should go. They need a governor that can run the state responsibly. His replacement will still be APC but more competent and responsible.
Re: Aregbesola Impeachment: Osun Assembly Sends Him Judge's Petition by peedeeasobie(m): 8:10am On Jun 25, 2015
vedaxcool:

When GEJ was mentioning all the presidents that ever lived in Nigeria, where were you? Abeg comot for road, when you open threads about several pdp states owing workers then we will talk of sincerity. It is a pity you seem to lack comprehension skills, coz I clearly indicated the governor is ultimately responsible, your poorly thought-out arguments bore me!

I didn't open this thread! Check and see!
I'm unbiased and this isn't about party! I'm not a Pdp member, neither am I apc.

If a governor can't pay whether Pdp or apc, he should be impeached!

I can see you are one of the blind followers of all these greedy politicians!

Bye!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Aregbesola Impeachment: Osun Assembly Sends Him Judge's Petition by Nobody: 8:11am On Jun 25, 2015
vedaxcool:

So the judge in question oversees the finance ministry of Osun state, please it is too early to crack jokes

Sometimes, drop religion and party affiliations, it has blinded you to reality for so long.

The state is owing salaries but the governor, his deputy and the house of rep members get paid. Does that not call for questioning?

The GEJ you're shouting his name is no longer there, if he was wrong, should Aregbe copy him? When did GEJ become the yardstick for your measurement? You hated him heavily, screamed and barked against him till he got out. Why are you now supporting Aregbe who you calim is doing exactly what GEJ did?

Oil revenues affects all state but did Aregbe not scream to the press that he don't need allocation from FG to take care of his state?

Other states are owing but ain't it Osun that the civil servant's cries has got to the high heavens?

The judge is speaking based on information from within and you're defending based on religion and party affiliation. (I've known you over time on this forum and your religious antics), ita not right.

Again, if you don't get paid in a month or two, how will you survive? Say less people owed months.

Try to be sensitive to people's plight, and sometimes drop the religio+political veil.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola Impeachment: Osun Assembly Sends Him Judge's Petition by Missmossy(f): 8:11am On Jun 25, 2015
Awww, certainly this isn't a good time for Aregbe. Really pity him, he isn't a bad man like most people here have been painting him to be.

Osun state had good times and lot of wonderful memories anyway. Its just so unfortunate that the present situation of things seem dwindling.

It is well.

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Impeachment: Osun Assembly Sends Him Judge's Petition by oweman: 8:13am On Jun 25, 2015
Just some joke.being carried too far/
This cant go through .
Re: Aregbesola Impeachment: Osun Assembly Sends Him Judge's Petition by sewentybaba: 8:13am On Jun 25, 2015
APC have the majority in that house. I doubt if they can impeach him even if he is guilty.
Re: Aregbesola Impeachment: Osun Assembly Sends Him Judge's Petition by vedaxcool(m): 8:14am On Jun 25, 2015
peedeeasobie:

[s]I didn't open this thread! Check and see!
I'm unbiased and this isn't about party! I'm not a Pdp member, neither am I apc.

If a governor can't pay whether Pdp or apc, he should be impeached!

I can see you are one of the blind followers of all these greedy politicians!

Bye![/s]

Re: Aregbesola Impeachment: Osun Assembly Sends Him Judge's Petition by bezimo(m): 8:14am On Jun 25, 2015
Firefire:
SPEAKER of the Osun State House of Assembly, Honourable Najeem Salaam, on Wednesday, confirmed the receipt of a copy of the petition written by a serving female judge in the state, Justice Folahanmi Oloyede against Governor Rauf Aregbesola, over non-payment of salaries.

Similarly, Nigerian Tribune reliably gathered that the assembly had forwarded a letter of acknowledgment to Justice Oloyede, indicating that her petition had been received, while also sending a copy of the petition to the governor for his defence.

Speaking during interaction with journalists in Osogbo, on Wednesday, the speaker said “I can confirm that the assembly received the petition. But, there is an ongoing strike now, therefore, we cannot do anything serious on it.”

According to Salaam, “a copy of the petition had been sent to Governor Aregbesola for him to state his own defence.”

Credible source within the legislature also informed the Nigerian Tribune that the assembly had written another letter to Aregbesola, requesting him to react to the content of the petition.

Speaking on the development, the clerk of the assembly, Mr Mudashiru Oyeniran, confirmed the receipt of the petition, stressing that work would begin on it at the appropriate time.

Justice Oloyede had called on the state House of Assembly to investigate the alleged mismanagement of the state financial resources by the governor and his deputy, in accordance with sections 128 and 129 of the 1999 Constitution, saying there was no moral justification for their continued stay in office.

In a 30-page petition, she urged the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), United Nations Office of Drugs and Crime, Amnesty International, Transparency International, among others, to investigate any other person found to be responsible for what he described as “deliberate mismanagement of the economy of Osun State.”

The petition read in part: “I declare that in addition to the media-hype of Osun’s parlous financial condition, I have firsthand experience which constitutes evidence of the unfortunate situation in which Osun currently finds itself. Even Mr Governor has admitted publicly the fact that Osun is in financial quagmire and that he is clueless on how to pull it out of the doldrums.

“Mr Governor’s argument that salaries can only be paid from statutory allocations is also faulty, we demand that he substantiate his claim by giving the section of the law that so provides. In any event, all funds, all allocations and all expenditures are expected to be backed by legislation, and are statutory, otherwise, they are illegal.

“Consequently, the admitted inability of Mr Governor and his deputy to pay pensions, salaries and allowances for periods ranging from eight to 11 months now, [size=15pt]as a consequence of their own decision to accumulate debts beyond the capacity of the state internally generated revenue, whilst the very ‘actors’ Mr Governor and his deputy continue to enjoy their security allowances in hundreds of millions, is a violation of their oaths of office.”
[/size]

http://tribuneonlineng.com/content/call-impeachment-osun-assembly-sends-judges-petition-aregbesola-his-defence

Cc: Lalasticlala, Ishilove

Those Osun people do not deserve any pity.They should simply live with the "change" they voted for and keep quiet.What a failure of a governor. The worst governor in the south west.
Re: Aregbesola Impeachment: Osun Assembly Sends Him Judge's Petition by digitsolution: 8:15am On Jun 25, 2015
This is very bad and imagine he still wants to create more local governments in that state.

Anyways For all your branding and customization projects/jobs we deliver nationwide.

Re: Aregbesola Impeachment: Osun Assembly Sends Him Judge's Petition by peedeeasobie(m): 8:15am On Jun 25, 2015
vedaxcool:

So the judge in question oversees the finance ministry of Osun state, please it is too early to crack jokes

[img]http://i.pinger.pl/pgr224/332ae3ef00261da84fe58814[/img]

She is a judge and can have access to certain information of the state that an ordinary citizen might not be privy to.

If that is a joke to you, then you are the one to check your comprehension ability!

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Impeachment: Osun Assembly Sends Him Judge's Petition by Nobody: 8:16am On Jun 25, 2015
Aregbesola should "jejely" resign...

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Impeachment: Osun Assembly Sends Him Judge's Petition by djdjdjdjdjdjdj: 8:16am On Jun 25, 2015
I dnt knw y some people will twk without thinking........Osun n ekiti?...........no compare dem at all..........,DM dy call aregbe criminal........wu b d criminal btwin fayose n aregbe......dh tout....stewpd leader ,stwpid people.......next tym u should tink be4 u type!
Re: Aregbesola Impeachment: Osun Assembly Sends Him Judge's Petition by vedaxcool(m): 8:16am On Jun 25, 2015
gbl01:

[s]Sometimes, drop religion and party affiliations, it has blinded you to reality for so long.

The state is owing salaries but the governor, his deputy and the house of rep members get paid. Does that not call for questioning?

The GEJ you're shouting his name is no longer there, if he was wrong, should Aregbe copy him? When did GEJ become the yardstick for your measurement? You hated him heavily, screamed and barked against him till he got out. Why are you now supporting Aregbe who you calim is doing exactly what GEJ did?

Oil revenues affects all state but did Aregbe not scream to the press that he don't need allocation from FG to take care of his state?

Other states are owing but ain't it Osun that the civil servant's cries has got to the high heavens?

The judge is speaking based on information from within and you're defending based on religion and party affiliation. (I've known you over time on this forum and your religious antics), ita not right.

Again, if you don't get paid in a month or two, how will you survive? Say less people owed months.

Try to be sensitive to people's plight, and sometimes drop the religio+political veil.[/s]

vedaxcool:

grin grin the same way Jonathan resigned honorably? Lol question: do taniods know wat honour is?

Anyways, while ultimately the buck falls on ogbenis table, the judge should know the fall of oil prices remains the chief reason osun can np longer meet its obligation not the accumulation of debts.
Re: Aregbesola Impeachment: Osun Assembly Sends Him Judge's Petition by poseidon12: 8:16am On Jun 25, 2015
kristisking:
You people should allow this man to rest.Were you blind folded when you people voted him?I remember then before his re election how Osun was plunged into crises as a result of Aregbesola's anti people's policies yet this man found his way into office again and the same people that said he is their messiah and voted him are the same people complaining now.It is too late.You all made the choice,so leave with it till he leaves office.
People get the leadership they deserve. But if they have realized their mistake, it's ok to make amends. They can make amends by doing what they are doing now: Calling for his resignation or impeachment.
Re: Aregbesola Impeachment: Osun Assembly Sends Him Judge's Petition by vedaxcool(m): 8:16am On Jun 25, 2015
peedeeasobie:

[s]

She is a judge and can have access to certain information of the state that an ordinary citizen might not be privy to.

If that is a joke to you, then you are the one to check your comprehension ability![/s]

vedaxcool:

Re: Aregbesola Impeachment: Osun Assembly Sends Him Judge's Petition by Super1Star: 8:17am On Jun 25, 2015
vedaxcool:

[img]http://i.pinger.pl/pgr224/332ae3ef00261da84fe58814[/img]

So if the judge for not oversee the finance of the state, is she also blind to the fact that people are not being their salaries?

Is that not clear enough to the blind that the state has financial problems?

You must be from.another planet, if you cannot deduce that from.the situation of the state.
Re: Aregbesola Impeachment: Osun Assembly Sends Him Judge's Petition by Reference(m): 8:17am On Jun 25, 2015
agarawu23:
aregbe Bleep up with this unpaid salary and I pray APC shouldn't lose osun state cos of this.

the man know try abeg

Just listen to yourself. You pray the APC shouldn't lose Osun State meaning the governor should continue. Are the failings in that State not some of the reasons the former government at the centre was removed.

You know this further confirms to me that good governance IS NOT the prime reason for governments to rise and fall and it certainly is not a universal ideal amongst Nigerians.
Re: Aregbesola Impeachment: Osun Assembly Sends Him Judge's Petition by adebrightayo(f): 8:19am On Jun 25, 2015
Pls, if there is anybody here based in BAYELSA STATE pls if there's any recruit in any construction company or any other field I beg hlp me post it here.
Re: Aregbesola Impeachment: Osun Assembly Sends Him Judge's Petition by vedaxcool(m): 8:21am On Jun 25, 2015
Super1Star:

[s]

So if the judge for not oversee the finance of the state, is she also blind to the fact that people are not being their salaries?

Is that not clear enough to the blind that the state has financial problems?

You must be from.another planet, if you cannot deduce that from.the situation of the state.[/s]

Pretense would take us nowhere. Go and read the line of communications that made us arrive at morning jokes.
Re: Aregbesola Impeachment: Osun Assembly Sends Him Judge's Petition by HzRF(m): 8:21am On Jun 25, 2015
Firefire:

I expect him to have resigned honorably, but this is Nigeria. undecided

How can Osun people still allow this failure called Raufu to continue to lead them, this could be Africa Magic. angry

D prophesy is ripe
Dre is a man very prominent he's called elebubon one of the high Chief of Osun diety

He warned him nt to go for 2nd term
Aregbesola intensify visiting Cuba what's in Cuba if nt for charms and Tourism (and boxing)
His confidence grew and he won the prophesy every1 tot has been shamed nw he's regretting, he's getting leaner everyday
Re: Aregbesola Impeachment: Osun Assembly Sends Him Judge's Petition by Nobody: 8:25am On Jun 25, 2015
vedaxcool:

I wasn't expecting anything better from you bro. All extremists are difficult to change, their minds are always made up, they always believe they're right and everybody else wrong. It will take more than a miracle to change your darkened initiat

So Argbe should decide whatever he wants? Even if he chose to kill the staff one after the other, someone like you will still support him. After all the bulk is on his table.

Pls try to acquire the super power known as "common sense", I know its scarce but if you have an iota of it, you'll condemn people owing others salaries and getting paid themselves. If its so bad, nobody should get paid-including the governor and his aides. If things go so extreme, some of the states assets should be sold to keep the state afloat, assets like the unneeded jet.

But I know you won't see that, Religion and party affiliations has veiled your vision.

Keep swimming in your folly

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Impeachment: Osun Assembly Sends Him Judge's Petition by poseidon12: 8:26am On Jun 25, 2015
Rexyl:
The State of the living spring! What could have happened to the springs, are there no more life in them? The brighter morning star will catch attention of many. Osun State situation needs urgent attention.

Time for all to wake up unto reality. We have to exercise our brains and develop with what we have. Time to shift minds away from SS oil and manage all things on the available resources within the STATES. Who knows if scientists are working to reduce value of oil more than its present price?
That's why we need to quickly implement the recommendations of the national confab, so we can practice a truly federal system. The present unitary system constrains the creative governors from performing.
Re: Aregbesola Impeachment: Osun Assembly Sends Him Judge's Petition by vedaxcool(m): 8:27am On Jun 25, 2015
gbl01:

[s]I wasn't expecting anything better from you bro. All extremists are difficult to change, their minds are always made up, they always believe they're right and everybody else wrong. It will take more than a miracle to change your darkened initiat

So Argbe should decide whatever he wants? Even if he chose to kill the staff one after the other, someone like you will still support him. After all the bulk is on his table.

Pls try to acquire the super power known as "common sense", I know its scarce but if you have an iota of it, you'll condemn people owing others salaries and getting paid themselves. If its so bad, nobody should get paid-including the governor and his aides. If things go so extreme, some of the states assets should be sold to keep the state afloat, assets like the unneeded jet.

But I know you won't see that, Religion and party affiliations has veiled your vision.

Keep swimming in your folly[/s]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2547939_78_jpeg723eb7cdabb6442c9946c5d18e096abc
Re: Aregbesola Impeachment: Osun Assembly Sends Him Judge's Petition by Super1Star: 8:27am On Jun 25, 2015
vedaxcool:

Pretense would take us nowhere. Go and read the line of communications that made us arrive at morning jokes.

Who is being pretentious here? It is high time you face the reality.

If you are one of Aregbe's paid goons, know that you are in for a long battle and it is high time you renegotiate your pay per post contract.

He is an obvious failure and he needs to retrace his steps.
Re: Aregbesola Impeachment: Osun Assembly Sends Him Judge's Petition by sammyemmy01: 8:28am On Jun 25, 2015
Check out this shocking discovery from this website here:

[size=14pt]www.payzawealth..com[/size]
Re: Aregbesola Impeachment: Osun Assembly Sends Him Judge's Petition by uzo200(m): 8:29am On Jun 25, 2015
what can I say? I do not know, meanwhile, look at my friends blog, the guy na real niga with a quack blog, the worse Nigerian blog ever... http://www.touchpapyrus.com
Re: Aregbesola Impeachment: Osun Assembly Sends Him Judge's Petition by Nobody: 8:30am On Jun 25, 2015
vedaxcool:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2547939_78_jpeg723eb7cdabb6442c9946c5d18e096abc

Of course it pains me that someone your age can't see beyond politics and religion. I'm sure your Allah will be ashamed of you. After all he created you to be cable of independent reasoning not blinded with hatred.

How childish and insensitive your must be!
Re: Aregbesola Impeachment: Osun Assembly Sends Him Judge's Petition by agarawu23(m): 8:30am On Jun 25, 2015
Reference:

Just listen to yourself. You pray the APC shouldn't lose Osun State meaning the governor should continue. Are the failings in that State not some of the reasons the former government at the centre was removed.

You know this further confirms to me that good governance IS NOT the prime reason for governments to rise and fall and it certainly is not a universal ideal amongst Nigerians.
aregbe no be my papa, if he deserves to be impeached, they should take the next step cos I am not In support of the current situation in the state.
I am just saying APC might lose the state
Re: Aregbesola Impeachment: Osun Assembly Sends Him Judge's Petition by odehman: 8:33am On Jun 25, 2015
Firefire:

I expect him to have resigned honorably, but this is Nigeria. undecided

How can Osun people still allow this failure called Raufu to continue to lead them, this could be Africa Magic. angry

I agree wit u he shud resign but he won't.one tin is for sure here apc has lost osun state to pdp or any oda party dat presents a credible candidate

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Billboard Of Imo Ministry Of Happiness (Photos) / APC Postpones Lagos And Imo Governorship Primary / Soldiers And Shiite Members Clash Again In Abuja. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.