Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,187 members, 7,953,673 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:32 PM

Why Do People Close Their Eyes When Kissing? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do People Close Their Eyes When Kissing? (83982 Views)

7 Reasons Why People Kiss With Their Eyes Closed / Why Do People Close Their Eyes When Kissing? Like Is It Compulsory? / How Do You Feel When Kissing Your Partner? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Close Their Eyes When Kissing? by snazzydawn(f): 9:32am On Feb 10, 2006
I can't believe this thread is still alive!!! cheesy
Re: Why Do People Close Their Eyes When Kissing? by Fluffy(f): 3:01pm On Feb 10, 2006
Oh............... My ................GOD shocked
I can't believe people actually kiss with their eyes open,
For me closing my eyes is not even something I think about when I'm kissed my eyes just simply close themselves smiley
Or maybe that's coz I've only been kissed by guys that r great kissers or maybe I'm a real good kisser myself, WOW. grin
Re: Why Do People Close Their Eyes When Kissing? by Bisanke(f): 1:44am On Feb 17, 2006
People close their eyes while kissing b cause its suppose 2 b like dat and what kind of person will like 2 b kissing there lover wit there eyes open ah ah da partner will even b like i hope there's no problem o abi wetin u look at? Ah its impossible for me 2 have my eyes open and b able to continue kissin. It don't even look right with the eyes open at all.
Re: Why Do People Close Their Eyes When Kissing? by Rhodalyn(f): 1:49am On Feb 17, 2006
it's a natural tin or at least 4 me it is
i mean it jst comes automatically
Re: Why Do People Close Their Eyes When Kissing? by allonym: 9:17am On Feb 17, 2006
it's unnatural to me, why would i deprive myself of being able to see the effect of my kiss?
Re: Why Do People Close Their Eyes When Kissing? by Rhodalyn(f): 9:21am On Feb 17, 2006
ma bro so u dey tell me say u open ur eyes wide like a tiger, no way!!!!!!
u'll knw frm how da gal response's 2 ur kiss da effect it's havin on her
try it n see wink wink
Re: Why Do People Close Their Eyes When Kissing? by allonym: 9:27am On Feb 17, 2006
maybe you misunderstood me

I actually kiss with my eyes open.

I have tried with my eyes closed. I prefer them open.

What would you know about the person's response if you kiss with your eyes closed - everything except what you cannot see. Maybe you'all don't care about what you cannot see. I like to experience my partners entire response.
Re: Why Do People Close Their Eyes When Kissing? by Rhodalyn(f): 9:39am On Feb 17, 2006
u can detect how da gal feels frm da way she responses 2 ur kiss
Re: Why Do People Close Their Eyes When Kissing? by allonym: 9:50am On Feb 17, 2006
i don't want to just detect the way she feels
Re: Why Do People Close Their Eyes When Kissing? by Rhodalyn(f): 9:56am On Feb 17, 2006
i thought u said u wnted 2 see da effect of ur kiss on her?
is da same as detecting da way she feels when u kiss her
Re: Why Do People Close Their Eyes When Kissing? by allonym: 10:17am On Feb 17, 2006
i didn't say that.

I want to experience the effect of my kiss. That includes seeing, hearing, feeling, smelling, tasting it.

Closing your eyes removes 1/5 of the experience.
Re: Why Do People Close Their Eyes When Kissing? by Rhodalyn(f): 10:23am On Feb 17, 2006
eh!!!!!! charlie u be 1 tough guy oooooooo wink
anyway wht do u smell does it smell pleasant or non pleasant tongue
Re: Why Do People Close Their Eyes When Kissing? by allonym: 10:27am On Feb 17, 2006
its always pleasant for me grin
Re: Why Do People Close Their Eyes When Kissing? by Rhodalyn(f): 10:30am On Feb 17, 2006
sheeee!!!!!!!
i see ur chilling ooooo wink wink wink wink wink
Re: Why Do People Close Their Eyes When Kissing? by SvS(f): 12:13am On Feb 25, 2006
cos its passionate,from kissing it could lead to sex,
Re: Why Do People Close Their Eyes When Kissing? by Idekeson(m): 1:37am On Feb 25, 2006
So I can focus on Halle, Beyonce or Keys.
Re: Why Do People Close Their Eyes When Kissing? by chinani(f): 6:19am On Mar 01, 2006
kiss b/c it's ROMANTIC!!! kiss

& for the record if some dude tried to look at me shocked while kissing i'd call the cops 'cause i dont play that cRaZy stuff
Re: Why Do People Close Their Eyes When Kissing? by chinani(f): 6:20am On Mar 01, 2006
@ Idekeson

you're naughty!
Re: Why Do People Close Their Eyes When Kissing? by allonym: 7:56am On Mar 04, 2006
chinani:

kiss b/c it's ROMANTIC!!! kiss

& for the record if some dude tried to look at me shocked while kissing i'd call the cops 'cause i don't play that cRaZy stuff

Actually, you must play that cRaZy stuff because the only way you'd know if someone was looking at you while they were kissing you was for you to look at them at the same time.
Re: Why Do People Close Their Eyes When Kissing? by chinani(f): 9:26pm On Mar 04, 2006
@ allonym

Haha. your response made me laugh. and you're not completely right or wrong. looking at someone is the best way to know if they're looking at you, but a person can also FEEL SOMEONE LOOKING AT THEM ---> i can anyway. i guess i'm gifted. wink but a person could always pull away & ask. or sometimes when you're on a kiss break the other person doesnt look like they EVER CLOSED THEIR EYES.

at this point it's obvious that i have some kissing (clears throat) expertise. grin but really, i perfer to shut my eyes but have kissed a man who sometimes shuts and sometimes doesnt. i didnt dislike it b/c he had a great expression on his face & sexy eyes.

however, in general, it's weird. long response, huh?
Re: Why Do People Close Their Eyes When Kissing? by chinani(f): 9:31pm On Mar 04, 2006
@ allonym

i just went back and read your response to the subject. interesting. so, when you kiss you dont have an impulse to close your eyes? was your 1st kiss w/ your eyes open or closed? that's neither here nor there, im just a curious person. i cant manage to open my eyes for anything. not while swimming on roller coasters, etc. not even to wake up. grin you're an interesting cat.
Re: Why Do People Close Their Eyes When Kissing? by signopago(m): 9:37pm On Mar 04, 2006
Imagine kissing someone and for a minute you open your eyes and find that person staring at you. How weired can that be. Maybe that person is not filling your kiss. Are you doing something wrong? Is someone behind me? Am i about to be sold? A lot of things'll be running through your mind. For a sexy me, it's never happened before. I'll definitely discontinue that kiss and get the heck oura there.
Re: Why Do People Close Their Eyes When Kissing? by allonym: 11:34pm On Mar 05, 2006
chinani:

@ allonym

i just went back and read your response to the subject. interesting. so, when you kiss you don't have an impulse to close your eyes? was your 1st kiss w/ your eyes open or closed? that's neither here nor there, im just a curious person. i can't manage to open my eyes for anything. not while swimming on roller coasters, etc. not even to wake up. grin you're an interesting cat.

Yes, open. I can't imagine closing my eyes on a roller coaster - how can you fully enjoy it, part of the thrill is seeing yourself so high up with nothing separating you and the ground but some flimsy seatbelt! I especially open my eyes when swimming . . .don't want to run into people.
Re: Why Do People Close Their Eyes When Kissing? by bluenubian(f): 12:36am On Mar 06, 2006
hey people close their eyes cause its a natural thing to do, plus it would jus be freaking creepy is u were kissing someone and both of you guys were jus staring at each other
Re: Why Do People Close Their Eyes When Kissing? by Rhodalyn(f): 12:47am On Mar 06, 2006
exactly!!!!!! tell that to allonym
Re: Why Do People Close Their Eyes When Kissing? by alj(m): 1:03am On Mar 06, 2006
closing the eyes hightens the senses and makes it all the more pleasureable. wink
Re: Why Do People Close Their Eyes When Kissing? by Rhodalyn(f): 12:05pm On Mar 06, 2006
say it again!! only some people still dont get, God how can you possibly kiss with your eyes wide opened shocked shocked shocked shocked what are you looking at?the guy? the girl? cars? houses? what? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked i beg, close your eyes!!
Re: Why Do People Close Their Eyes When Kissing? by mace4all: 6:21pm On Mar 06, 2006
i think its because of the sensation u get. Its out-of-this-world so u probably have to shut your eyes from this world to savor the moment in its entirety.

for me i have not kiss opening my eyes i always close my to get all the sweetness, thats is in the kissing
Re: Why Do People Close Their Eyes When Kissing? by danyp(f): 7:29pm On Mar 06, 2006
will tell u wen it happens!!
Re: Why Do People Close Their Eyes When Kissing? by crazyape(f): 10:45pm On Mar 06, 2006
Hi

my mum and my boyfriend says when u dont close ur eyes when u are kissing u dont trust this person. Everytime i kis my boyfriend i close my eyes. This is automatic.

Greeting from germany
Re: Why Do People Close Their Eyes When Kissing? by allonym: 8:15am On Mar 08, 2006
crazy_ape:

Hi

my mum and my boyfriend says when u don't close your eyes when u are kissing u don't trust this person. Everytime i kis my boyfriend i close my eyes. This is automatic.

Greeting from germany

I suppose that is one way of looking at it. But then again, closing your eyes when kissing could mean you think the other person is ugly.

The only reason I could think of for why keeping your eyes open while kissing means you don't trust someone is if it was possible to rob someone while kissing them without them noticing. If a boy or girl is rubbing their hands all over you enough so that you'd be fooled when they take your wallet or money. . . I doubt you'd notice even if your eyes were open. . unless your wallet/money is taped to your face.

bluenubian:

hey people close their eyes cause its a natural thing to do, plus it would jus be freaking creepy is u were kissing someone and both of you boys were jus staring at each other

This statement is a matter of opinion. Closing your eyes when kissing is not natural, it is maybe cultural or a reinforced stereotype. Saying having your eyes open is creepy falls under the same category. There is no natural process defined for kissing. . it is up to the kissers. Just like sex. . .just because the missionary position is the stereotypical one does not mean any others are unnatural or creepy. . .
Re: Why Do People Close Their Eyes When Kissing? by Fluffy(f): 9:29am On Mar 08, 2006
@allonym

I think kissing with your eyes open happens when u are not fully enjoying the experience.
If a kiss is realy good u won't be able to keep your eyes open even if you wanted to.
Closing your eyes should not even be something to think about, it is suppose to just happen.

I think u and I have to meet up so I can demonstrate to u what exactly I'm talking about wink

Just tell me the time and place and I'll be there grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

"My Dad Is A Pastor!" - Lady Begs Guy Threatening To Leak Her Nudes For 15k(Pic) / A Girl I Met On Facebook Chats With Other Guy / Photos Of The Artificial Sex Doll 'samantha', That Has Emotions And Loves Touch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.