Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,782 members, 7,810,039 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:09 PM

The Creation- How Compelling Is The Christian Narative? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Creation- How Compelling Is The Christian Narative? (23029 Views)

"Women are made for men" -The Christian God / Why Does The Christian God Love To Massacre Millions Of Children? / Before The Creation Of Heaven, Where Was God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Creation- How Compelling Is The Christian Narative? by Nobody: 11:13am On Jun 28, 2015
Horlufemi:

1. There's only one human race. Human race

2. The bible is not detailed to that extent. its not a historical reference book.

3. The genes that code for physical appearance is insignificant to the entire human genome. genes that code for are plenty and there is a certain space for few in a genome. There was mutation in some places and as humanity scattered all around the globe there came gene pools. these types of genes are prevalent in these areas. Humans are still humans. You won't believe that you are close to one Arab than another Arab genetically.

4. I will still state that mutation is a factor but mutation don't mean they change from one specie to another. Yes there is micro evolution but macro evolution is impossible. There are mutations here and there but that doesn't mean they are another species entirely. I'll say evolution is the cause of racism. because the other races want to start seeing themselves as different and because they've achieved some, they feel superior.

Darwinism is outdated. To me it takes more faith to believe in evolution than that God created life. I recommend reading Darwin's Doubt and Signature in the Cell.

What I'm trying to say is man will always be man, a dog will always be a dog. a cat will always be a cat. they will reproduce according to their kind. always.

Peace.
WHAT OF THOSE GIANT IN THOSE DAYS, ( ANGEL AND HUMAN FUSION) WHAT WILL YOU CALL OF THEM?
Re: The Creation- How Compelling Is The Christian Narative? by Nobody: 11:14am On Jun 28, 2015
SUMERIAN CREATION STORY

Re: The Creation- How Compelling Is The Christian Narative? by myklangelo(m): 11:14am On Jun 28, 2015
A question many asked as kids. Many incosistencies in the creation story. But atimes we do forget that Bible aint really a history textbook. Neither is it written to pleasse or quench the curiosity of man.
I think therefore I exist, but who really is the I of the I of my I?
So many mysteries abound and it is far from wisdom to think we can know and understand everything.
I read Bible not just to enjoy the story and google the facts of the story, but to get the message it gives when I listen deeply.
Cc Omenka no one can satisfactorily answer your question because it is not a history class.

My tutorial for the week is out...Igbo ga-adiririri!

The 1st Igbo language blog is out, it is fun and insightful. Visit, comment, share and criticize.www.odeniigbo..com

1 Like

Re: The Creation- How Compelling Is The Christian Narative? by Ceeflo(m): 11:15am On Jun 28, 2015
If we decide to dissect the Bible we'll see numerous lapses. Pastors are busy looking for offering instead of trying to understand what they preach . listened to Seun Kuti the other day, I was with a pastor, we watched the interview on channels TV together. Even the pastor could not refute the things Seun said. My only question is if the book of Malachi is taken away from the Bible, would we still have overzealous pastors?. Isn't that small chapter the main thing maintaining Christianity in the world? Would pastors still work without offerings and tithe? [color=#000099][/color][b][/b]

1 Like

Re: The Creation- How Compelling Is The Christian Narative? by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:15am On Jun 28, 2015
omenka:
If you know so much, why don't you just oblige the house with some answers instead of referring us to the library?? And what if I don't have access to a library, does that mean you can't share knowledge with me
Bros, in 2015 before coming to a forum to ask questions of rookies why not try google first ehn?

Now lets look at your first question

1. What race was Adam and Eve??
Your question already assumes that there was Adam and an Eve, this assumption is wrong. Any answer you get from anyone as regards their race would be wrong.

.......and so on and so forth.

You cannot be looking for scientific answers to spiritual nonsense. Doesn't work Sir. That is why this thread would end up other threads before its time asking the same question.

The magic of reality - Richard dawkins
Look for it and read it.
Re: The Creation- How Compelling Is The Christian Narative? by BOLAUWA: 11:16am On Jun 28, 2015
nice thinking and questions by the writer,but therein lies the difference between religion and science. religion banks and basks on faith, while science believes in logic. if u wana be religious, then believe the holy books withouth doubting, and if u wana be a scienctist, then keep asking questions and formulating theories, but u cant be d both at d same tym. smiley.

1 Like

Re: The Creation- How Compelling Is The Christian Narative? by An2elect2(f): 11:16am On Jun 28, 2015
If i believe God, i don't do it by half, i believe absolutely

The biblical creation story is the only one that makes sense ....and did i say it is the truth too? It is indeed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Creation- How Compelling Is The Christian Narative? by Nobody: 11:16am On Jun 28, 2015
NATIVE AMERICAN CREATION STORY

Re: The Creation- How Compelling Is The Christian Narative? by Idrismusty97(m): 11:17am On Jun 28, 2015
Glad many are realising it's just a story book. Years of brainwashing have really messed up our minds.
Re: The Creation- How Compelling Is The Christian Narative? by Banter1(m): 11:18am On Jun 28, 2015
Lord I praise your name
Re: The Creation- How Compelling Is The Christian Narative? by Blaqsmith(m): 11:18am On Jun 28, 2015
Some General Overseers would even dodge this question or at best start beating around the push. Since OP is a christian( I guess I am right), and christians are lead by FAITH(believing in things unseen and what lacks empirical backup) why asking to know how creation of Adam occured and how empirical it is?

It is either you believe the bible without asking questions or become a freethinker. The former which I believe we, all of us still unconsciously and by nature still do.
Re: The Creation- How Compelling Is The Christian Narative? by Emeskhalifa(m): 11:18am On Jun 28, 2015
wherr re thepastors na?? pls Imams can chip in too ;Dwherr re thepastors na?? pls Imams can chip in too cheesy
Re: The Creation- How Compelling Is The Christian Narative? by AreaFada2: 11:19am On Jun 28, 2015
The Bible does not necessarily contain all that happened. Even the Bible says Jesus did many things while on earth that no book will have enough room for it. Let alone from Adam. We should remember that Moses was the first to start writing things down.

That may well be because growing up as an Egyptian prince, he had education in the Royal palace.

Adam may well have had other children who moved in different directions, from where Cain married.

Black people do give birth to Albino. Mutation.

A Nigerian couple gave birth to a white baby, straight hair, blue eyes. DNA showed the baby belonged to them. If God wanted Adam & Eve to have kids of various races, it's biologically possible.

I only have problem with timeline. About 6,000 years is not long enough since Adam/Eve lived. Man must have been around much much longer.

1 Like

Re: The Creation- How Compelling Is The Christian Narative? by neocortex: 11:20am On Jun 28, 2015
GodMode:
Nairaland and its anti-christian topics

Nairaland does not want to move topics on the 3 recent bombings in 3 continents to FP angry

Nairaland is anti-christianangryangryangry

Just my opinion..

What are your fears ?
Re: The Creation- How Compelling Is The Christian Narative? by Nobody: 11:20am On Jun 28, 2015
HINDU CREATION STORY

Re: The Creation- How Compelling Is The Christian Narative? by Nobody: 11:20am On Jun 28, 2015
Chinaimporter:
i have said it times without the story is a big lie and The bible is a fake bullshit that we only accept because it is so ancient and we where brought up beliving it.
[b]A lot of people on nairaland gave me 7 days to die if i dont repent but this is the 3rd week and your hopless god couldnt do a thing.

Let us stop being afraid of God because thousands of people are atheist,hindus buddist etc and nothing happens to them.
Churches are burnt,bibles are torn, saints are crucified and nothing happens.
If God says he exist and want us to worship him,let him write it in the sky.....why hide from us and ask us to belive u exist and if we dnt,you will punish us in hell while u say that you love us......sounds like something the devil will do not god.
Why give us many religions and ask us to blindly choose the right one and if we couldnt,you will punish us.
Why do you like our praises so much if you are so great and dont need us.....we never asked to be created in the first place.....why do you ask us to thank you for bringing us into this vile and ruthless world.
I will never worship or serve you because ur rule is by fear.....pple dnt love you,they only pretend to out of fear.....love is unconditional and your is....quench hell and let us see how many people will actually serve you.
You drown men for disobeying you.....stalin killed for the same reason.....you asked the isrealites to kill people that worship any other except you,boko haram do the same thing.....jephtah sacrificed his daughter to you, meaning you accept human sacrifice like all other heaten gods.
I promise that if you ever exists and armagadon comes,i will ride with satan and the fallen angels against you and make sure you are sent to the bottomeless pit(pls make it hotter because you will enjoy it soon)
Satan never did anything to man by your own account in the bible.....he said we sld eat the fruit and be wise and it worked.....the worst thing he did was mess with job and you allowed it
But you
You unforgiving beast allowed your son to be killed so that you can forgive us and we still go to hell after that.
You allowed a bear to eat 52 children for insulting elijah.
You drowned you so called beloved ones because they disobeyed you....what would tge devil hav ton in this case?
You orded the murder,rape and enslavement or whole cities.
You allowed your beloved ones the isrealites to be enslaved because they disobeyed you due to your poor managerial skills.....even hitler would not do that.
I can go on and on to prove you are the greatest beast of them all.....even baal is better that you[/b][/b]
man their is no God and all those things u read are all trashes. It never happened.. Their isnt hell or heaven, cos i cant be in hell knowing that my beloved one is in hell, that itself is hell. So those things are trash to me.

My conscience is always my guide and let urs be.
Re: The Creation- How Compelling Is The Christian Narative? by anthoniosp(m): 11:22am On Jun 28, 2015
Chinaimporter:
i have said it times without the story is a big lie and The bible is a fake bullshit that we only accept because it is so ancient and we where brought up beliving it.
[b]A lot of people on nairaland gave me 7 days to die if i dont repent but this is the 3rd week and your hopless god couldnt do a thing.

Let us stop being afraid of God because thousands of people are atheist,hindus buddist etc and nothing happens to them.
Churches are burnt,bibles are torn, saints are crucified and nothing happens.
If God says he exist and want us to worship him,let him write it in the sky.....why hide from us and ask us to belive u exist and if we dnt,you will punish us in hell while u say that you love us......sounds like something the devil will do not god.
Why give us many religions and ask us to blindly choose the right one and if we couldnt,you will punish us.
Why do you like our praises so much if you are so great and dont need us.....we never asked to be created in the first place.....why do you ask us to thank you for bringing us into this vile and ruthless world.
I will never worship or serve you because ur rule is by fear.....pple dnt love you,they only pretend to out of fear.....love is unconditional and your is....quench hell and let us see how many people will actually serve you.
You drown men for disobeying you.....stalin killed for the same reason.....you asked the isrealites to kill people that worship any other except you,boko haram do the same thing.....jephtah sacrificed his daughter to you, meaning you accept human sacrifice like all other heaten gods.
I promise that if you ever exists and armagadon comes,i will ride with satan and the fallen angels against you and make sure you are sent to the bottomeless pit(pls make it hotter because you will enjoy it soon)
Satan never did anything to man by your own account in the bible.....he said we sld eat the fruit and be wise and it worked.....the worst thing he did was mess with job and you allowed it
But you
You unforgiving beast allowed your son to be killed so that you can forgive us and we still go to hell after that.
You allowed a bear to eat 52 children for insulting elijah.
You drowned you so called beloved ones because they disobeyed you....what would tge devil hav ton in this case?
You orded the murder,rape and enslavement or whole cities.
You allowed your beloved ones the isrealites to be enslaved because they disobeyed you due to your poor managerial skills.....even hitler would not do that.
I can go on and on to prove you are the greatest beast of them all.....even baal is better that you[/b][/b]
na so d tin pain u reach
Re: The Creation- How Compelling Is The Christian Narative? by Blaqsmith(m): 11:22am On Jun 28, 2015
Idrismusty97:
Glad many are realising it's just a story book. Years of brainwashing have really messed up our minds.
would have been better had it been an interesting one. Who likes to read millions of confused and contradictory words that dont even have a single pictoral evidence to ginger one's sense of imagination? I prefer reading newspapers!
Re: The Creation- How Compelling Is The Christian Narative? by Nobody: 11:24am On Jun 28, 2015
I just came across this but am really busy now to comment fully on this trend. I will suggest you study your scripture very well it will will be clear to you now more than HD or you meet any jehova witness to explain your doubts very well but still study your bible very well

1 Like

Re: The Creation- How Compelling Is The Christian Narative? by Minet16(m): 11:24am On Jun 28, 2015
j
Re: The Creation- How Compelling Is The Christian Narative? by Idrismusty97(m): 11:25am On Jun 28, 2015
An2elect2:
If i believe God, i don't do it by half, i believe absolutely

The biblical creation story is the only one that makes sense ....and did i say it is the truth too? It is indeed.
You are a woman of course you should believe everything the males tells you to believe.
Re: The Creation- How Compelling Is The Christian Narative? by An2elect2(f): 11:29am On Jun 28, 2015
GodMode:
Nairaland and its anti-christian topics

Nairaland does not want to move topics on the 3 recent bombings in 3 continents to FP angry

Nairaland is anti-christianangryangryangry

Just my opinion..

Lol everyone is afraid of the Christian God, the only true God. They hate Him so much and yet fear Him.

You wont know how miserable life is until the day you begin to speak against your creator. And this is just the beginning.

Notice, no one probes other religions as much because there is nothing there. Men fight what is raging against them, contrary to their natures. May God have mercy.
Re: The Creation- How Compelling Is The Christian Narative? by Nobody: 11:29am On Jun 28, 2015
An old Arab lived close to New York City for more than 40 years. He would have loved to plant potatoes in his garden, but he is alone, old and weak. His son is in college in Paris, so the old man sends him an e-mail. He explains the problem: "Beloved son, I am very sad, because I can't plant potatoes in my garden. I am sure, if only you were here, you would help and dig up the garden for me. I love you, Your Father." The following day, the old man receives a response e-mail from his son: "Beloved Father, please don't touch the garden. It's there that I have hidden 'the THING'. I love you, too, Ahmed" At 4pm the US Army, The Marines, the FBI, the CIA and the Rangers visit the house of the old man, take the whole garden apart, search every inch, but can't find anything. Disappointed they leave the house. A day later, the old man receives another e-mail from his son. "Beloved Father, I hope the garden is dug up by now and you can plant your potatoes. That's all I could do for you from here. I love you, Ahmed."

6 Likes

Re: The Creation- How Compelling Is The Christian Narative? by cold(m): 11:30am On Jun 28, 2015
Lol..Omenka my political rival. Well since we're in the religious section we'll sheathe our swords and let me give you some likely responses to your posers. Some of which has been posted already.
- The Lord works in mysterious ways
-You can't question god
-His ways are not our ways
-Some questions are better left unasked or unanswered
-You have to believe by faith
-Some matters are well beyond your scope. Thus,should be left well alone. And so on and so forth.

No creationist and i repeat no creationist can explain the divergent races in the world today and how they came about. No one can explain how Adam a supposedly mullato metamorphosed into a black man. Or if they argue Adam was a black man based on the earliest fossils discovered in Africa then how do the explain the other races? They'll continually avoid questions like these because it strikes at the very core of their beliefs. And no one wants their faith shaken

1 Like

Re: The Creation- How Compelling Is The Christian Narative? by Nobody: 11:31am On Jun 28, 2015
omenka:
Good morning.

I'm not a regular on this board- in fact this is my first time ever of visiting and I see you guys are doing quite a great job here. Kudos. smiley

For some of us not so ardent in the "ways of Christ", there are certain questions that have been tugging at our minds for years and I hope bringing it here, someone knowledgeable could help put things into clearer perspective.

Now, I've been having some difficulty believing the Christian narative of how man came to being. I don't believe a hindered percent in the Big Bang or Darwinism as well, but if you ask me, so far, both seem to offer even better explanation as to the question of life and how it has come to evolve.

According to our religion, the first men were Adam and Eve and every other man is a product of their procreation. My questions then are:

1. What race was Adam and Eve??

2. It is said that after Cain killed Abel, he saw banished from Eden and went to live in some distant place (make una no mind me, I no sabi bible well well..) where he married and bore lots of children- question is, where did those people come from? Were they his brothers and sisters??

3. How did we end up with the different races we have today- where did Whites, Blacks, Asians, indians, Arabs, Hispanics, and Persians with all their genotypical/physiological differences come from??

4. If we were to accept the variations in "3" as products of genetic mutation, could we then extend to argument to explain the origin of man as a product of genetic mutation/evolution?? cheesy

I wish the pastors and evangelical scientists in the house could shed some light on this.

Thanks.

Cc: Lalasticlala. Ishilove.
Judaism, hermetic, kabalah, Mormonism,the book of Enoch, the books of moses.
The above mentioned are religions founded on one book the bible, sortof derivatives from the bible, knowledge is amorphous, no one person can have the entire knowledge of the truth or a topic, even the bible can not boast of such.

1.race:
The issue of race of adam and eve, the term "race" can not be applied to one man and hid family, you should know race is a social construct, a group of people, a community etc, not a singular construct. When the term race is applied to an individual, it refers to a group of people, comparism of a collective data, a pre-existing data or characteristics. The moment adam and eve were labelled the first man and woman, THE TERM RACE SEIZE TO BE APPLIED TO THEM, CAUSE THERE IS NO PRE-EXISTING DATA, TO COMPARE THEM WITH OR DRAW UP AN ASSOCIATION. you should know that every tribal or significant communal, racial or tribal term originates from a significant event sometimes tied to a covenant in the bible, the study of kabbalah and the Hebrew language basically the torah looks into the hidden meanings, names and events in the Bible. The bible was just meant to br a book every lane man could read, the mysteries are for a few.
Re: The Creation- How Compelling Is The Christian Narative? by adjoviomole(m): 11:31am On Jun 28, 2015
sonofananimal:

EVOLUTION IS FOR EVER FALSE, NO REAL EVIDENCE UP STILL NOW, JUST HYPOTHESIS,

HOW WILL SOMEONE JUST COME UP AND SAY WE ALL ORIGINATE FROM MONKEY undecided

A new study av shown that the earth's magnetic field is gradually diminishing....*nd if the earth was truly billions of yrs old by now the earth will have no magnetic field...n that the magneticfield would have been too strong wen the earth started dat nothing would have survived it.......also the earths rotation is slowing down gradually...if the earth was billions of yrs old the earth would have been rotating so fast wen the earth started that it would have changed shape.......evolutional theory is the greatest scam of all time along with our brothers (the kaaba worshippers)

1 Like

Re: The Creation- How Compelling Is The Christian Narative? by An2elect2(f): 11:33am On Jun 28, 2015
Idrismusty97:
You are a woman of course you should believe everything the males tells you to believe.

No i don't. If i did, i should be the most miserable now.
Re: The Creation- How Compelling Is The Christian Narative? by ojimbo(m): 11:33am On Jun 28, 2015
arrogant and proud christians
Re: The Creation- How Compelling Is The Christian Narative? by ojimbo(m): 11:37am On Jun 28, 2015
great664:
Christianity = Faith. Faith = Believing that something is true or real even without evidence.

Christians operate with faith and it works for them so don't judge, so others won't judge you.

I can give you Bible verses of the above but that's not my point though.

MY POINT:
Stick to whatever works for you. its not by force nor a must to be a Christian but pls respect other people's Faith.

Atheist, Christianity, Islam, Budahism, Hindu, Satanist, Baha'i, sango, Amadioha etc

All AGREE only on one thing and that is LOVE thy neighbour as thy self, (Do to others what you want them do to you)

If the world can embrace that Love, Peace will reign on earth no matter your Faith, Colour, ethnicity etc

The world will not see any reason to build or own Nuclear Warhead ( Like someone pointed out that Russia have 8200, USA 7700 and Nigeria 1,000,000 grin) Imagine!

Let's make the world a Better Place. It begins with You and Me(I)
but are you aware that Christianity in nigeria created hatred and wickedness?
Re: The Creation- How Compelling Is The Christian Narative? by omenka(m): 11:38am On Jun 28, 2015
Horlufemi:

1. There's only one human race. Human race

2. The bible is not detailed to that extent. its not a historical reference book.

3. The genes that code for physical appearance is insignificant to the entire human genome. genes that code for are plenty and there is a certain space for few in a genome. There was mutation in some places and as humanity scattered all around the globe there came gene pools. these types of genes are prevalent in these areas. Humans are still humans. You won't believe that you are close to one Arab than another Arab genetically.

4. I will still state that mutation is a factor but mutation don't mean they change from one specie to another. Yes there is micro evolution but macro evolution is impossible. There are mutations here and there but that doesn't mean they are another species entirely. I'll say evolution is the cause of racism. because the other races want to start seeing themselves as different and because they've achieved some, they feel superior.

Darwinism is outdated. To me it takes more faith to believe in evolution than that God created life. I recommend reading Darwin's Doubt and Signature in the Cell.

What I'm trying to say is man will always be man, a dog will always be a dog. a cat will always be a cat. they will reproduce according to their kind. always.

Peace.
Your first point sounds a tad bit pedestrian so I would go into that.

Second point could be accepted based on your admission of the inadequacy of the accounts of the book.

Thirdly, I beg to disagree on your argument. I don't know but it appears it is true and "untrue" in the sense that when you come down to say a nuclear or extended family, the argument seems to hold water- like saying one must not look like their parents in terms of physical appearance. But the argument seems to lost its footing when you consider a population as large as a race- wherein every member share striking similarities with every other member. I think at a point like this, there is some sort of conservation at play as regards mutation. Just look at the Mongoloids! cheesy

Now I don't know is these different "variants" of the human races have their benefits as described for living organisms in the theory of Natural Selection and Adaptation. Take for instance- what's the benefit of having slant eyes over straight ones, being short over being tall, being white over being dark, having short hair over long hair, etc...

I know there must be some point at which religion and science cross paths. At that point I believe would lie most of the answers to these questions, but as it stands I don't think we've located that point yet.
Re: The Creation- How Compelling Is The Christian Narative? by xerxes456(m): 11:41am On Jun 28, 2015
But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.
Math 19:14
little children are pure, simple, obedient, as little children (comp. Matthew 18:3). That is why he says, "of such," not "of these," intimating that it is not to the age, but to the disposition and character, that he refers.
With this in mind our major aim is to see God not to question creation, we are to accept Christ n the scriptures the way it is just like children, if we want to see him, when we see him we can then ask all these mind bugglling questions..
Don't try n reason these things before you know it you will start thinking like an atheist.
Also go back n study the bible very well ur question shows ur lack of knowlledge of the scripture, study n ask more informed question's.
Re: The Creation- How Compelling Is The Christian Narative? by Horlufemi(m): 11:43am On Jun 28, 2015
sonofananimal:
WHAT OF THOSE GIANT IN THOSE DAYS, ( ANGEL AND HUMAN FUSION) WHAT WILL YOU CALL OF THEM?

There are a lot of things that happened that we didn't know and the people who wrote them down did in their own understanding and may not be detailed enough.

my friend a lot of things are lost to history and we may never figure them out.

Although I've read something in the bible concerning giants with six toes and six fingers and saw a documentary on cave drawings with giants with six toes and six fingers.

as I said they did a poor job in documenting the things that were. they wrote it down according to their own understanding.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

We Will Christianize Nigeria If Muslims Islamise the Country- Cardinal Onaiyekan / Shiloh 2018: Delegates From Over 18 Nations Arrive Nigeria / How Virginity Can Qualify You For Special Favours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.