Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,235 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:21 AM

The Creation- How Compelling Is The Christian Narative? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Creation- How Compelling Is The Christian Narative? (23026 Views)

"Women are made for men" -The Christian God / Why Does The Christian God Love To Massacre Millions Of Children? / Before The Creation Of Heaven, Where Was God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Creation- How Compelling Is The Christian Narative? by Superman11(m): 11:45am On Jun 28, 2015
Jayjay0:
Waiting patiently......
] your answering my name oo. u go pay
Re: The Creation- How Compelling Is The Christian Narative? by omenka(m): 11:45am On Jun 28, 2015
chalantmike:
Judaism, hermetic, kabalah, Mormonism,the book of Enoch, the books of moses.
The above mentioned are religions founded on one book the bible, sortof derivatives from the bible, knowledge is amorphous, no one person can have the entire knowledge of the truth or a topic, even the bible can not boast of such.

1.race:
The issue of race of adam and eve, the term "race" can not be applied to one man and hid family, you should know race is a social construct, a group of people, a community etc, not a singular construct. When the term race is applied to an individual, it refers to a group of people, comparism of a collective data, a pre-existing data or characteristics. The moment adam and eve were labelled the first man and woman, THE TERM RACE SEIZE TO BE APPLIED TO THEM, CAUSE THERE IS NO PRE-EXISTING DATA, TO COMPARE THEM WITH OR DRAW UP AN ASSOCIATION. you should know that every tribal or significant communal, racial or tribal term originates from a significant event sometimes tied to a covenant in the bible, the study of kabbalah and the Hebrew language basically the torah looks into the hidden meanings, names and events in the Bible. The bible was just meant to br a book every lane man could read, the mysteries are for a few.
Let's consider the bolded and take some wild but intelligent guess. For each part of this world from the Mideast to Africa, Europe, Asia and America, there are a particular race that predominate the population in these places. If we were to pin point the location of the Garden of Eden, then we could make a good guess as to their race.

That humans weren't intelligent enough to classify people back then doesn't mean if Adam and Eve were to live today we would see them and classify them depending on their appearance. So they must have belonged to a PARTCULAR breed of human beings.

1 Like

Re: The Creation- How Compelling Is The Christian Narative? by kchaste(m): 11:45am On Jun 28, 2015
The Bible actually indicates that Adam and Eve did, in fact, have daughters.

This is the book of the generations of Adam. When God created man, he made him in the likeness of God. 2 Male and female he created them, and he blessed them and named them Man when they were created. 3 When Adam had lived 130 years, he fathered a son in his own likeness, after his image, and named him Seth. 4 The days of Adam after he fathered Seth were 800 years; and he had other sons and daughters. 5 Thus all the days that Adam lived were 930 years, and he died. Genesis 5:1-5

We also know that Seth was born after Cain had killed Abel:

And Adam knew his wife again, and she bore a son and called his name Seth, for she said, "God has appointed for me another offspring instead of Abel, for Cain killed him." Genesis 4:25

So, when Adam was 130 years old after Cain killed Abel, Eve became pregnant and gave birth to Seth. So, did Adam and Eve have other children in between the time that Cain and Abel were born and Seth was born? We can't say absolutely, but we can't say absolutely not either. It certainly seems reasonable that other children would have been born during that time.

Genesis 5 does indicate that Adam and Eve had daughters as well (plural), though we are not told how many. The very minimum would be three sons and two daughters.

Apparently Jewish tradition holds that Adam and Eve actually had 33 sons and 23 daughters. This is not biblical, of course, but it aligns with the idea that Adam and Eve were probably extremely fruitful and multiplied greatly, as God had commanded them. The genetics were quite pure as well as the environment at that time. They lived a long time (Adam was 930 years old when he died according to Genesis 5), so they had a lot of time to have children.

2 Likes

Re: The Creation- How Compelling Is The Christian Narative? by Nobody: 11:46am On Jun 28, 2015
*exhale*
I see many ignorant posts been posted and what comes to mind is...if education isn't necessary why didn't they stay back at home instead of attending school(s) where lessons are been taught about the big bang theory such as physics,chemistry,biology,psychology,geography,cosmology,astronomy,mathematics etc are all basic explanation of the big bang theory and so if education explains their relevance then,common sense should let you know the illiterates who don't know how things work are wallowing in ignorance,miseducation and uneducation.

The biggest shame in the land of the intellectuals is seeing a graduate with a degree still been primitively ignorant with a bible.

1 Like

Re: The Creation- How Compelling Is The Christian Narative? by great664(m): 11:46am On Jun 28, 2015
ojimbo:
but are you aware that Christianity in nigeria created hatred and wickedness?
Here we for again. The Holy War didn't start in Nigeria nor will end here

Read the history of Turkey, Italy, Isreal, Spain etc Just don't be biased or hateful.

Human need something or a savior to hold on to, its in our nature. be it superman, batman, spiderman etc, we need someone to cry to and that is religion (Faith)
Re: The Creation- How Compelling Is The Christian Narative? by nastykid: 11:47am On Jun 28, 2015
ValentineMary:
For your first qus, it does not matter what race they were, evolution acts with respect to environmental factor. Eg a white man coming to stay in Africa would begin to tan over a long period of time and his offspring would want to "adapt" to the harsh environment, would produce more tyrosin, dopa etc that would eventually bring melanin making him darker and able to absorb heat better. And for ur 2nd qus, u would notice a part of the scripture that somehow throw light on the existence of another human specie other that Adam and Eve (those humans lived outside the garden).
And variation can cause multiple phenotype and genotype depending on the crossing. Thats why irrespective of the minor differences in the physiological and biochemical make up between the caucasoid, austroloid, negroid and mongoloid, their similarites are still about a large 90%.
Nice 1....

1 Like

Re: The Creation- How Compelling Is The Christian Narative? by Horlufemi(m): 11:47am On Jun 28, 2015
xerxes456:
But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.
Math 19:14
little children are pure, simple, obedient, as little children (comp. Matthew 18:3). That is why he says, "of such," not "of these," intimating that it is not to the age, but to the disposition and character, that he refers.
With this in mind our major aim is to see God not to question creation, we are to accept Christ n the scriptures the way it is just like children, if we want to see him, when we see him we can then ask all these mind bugglling questions..
Don't try n reason these things before you know it you will start thinking like an atheist.
Also go back n study the bible very well ur question shows ur lack of knowlledge of the scripture, study n ask more informed question's.

I don't agree with you because I've been there I asked questions I almost became an atheist.

but science brought me back to God. science is discovery of Gods works.

there are facts in science until I started asking my self why all this stress for life? after all we are part of the universe according to science but my question is why is the universe observing itself and finding formulas that define the universe? why?

1 Like

Re: The Creation- How Compelling Is The Christian Narative? by benjamytes(m): 11:48am On Jun 28, 2015
Not all dat happened was recorded in the bible. .
How difficult it's to write the story of ur own life..how much more creation. .
Re: The Creation- How Compelling Is The Christian Narative? by Youngzedd(m): 11:49am On Jun 28, 2015
ikes9:
Yhu people should Google Lilith...

Its said that Lilith was the first wife of Adam..buhh due to Lilith wanting to be on top. while they were banging...they had an argument...and Lilith left Adam...

there's more to the story shaaa. so just Google bout Lilith

Many information.

Shuu shocked shocked
Re: The Creation- How Compelling Is The Christian Narative? by Nobody: 11:51am On Jun 28, 2015
Sunofgod:
Its just a story . . .Only God knows the truth (Christianity, Judaism, Islam - All man made BullShittt!)

i agree wit u 500%, religion, denomination, all na wash!

1 Like

Re: The Creation- How Compelling Is The Christian Narative? by chukzzy1(m): 11:52am On Jun 28, 2015
great664:
Christianity = Faith. Faith = Believing that something is true or real even without evidence.

Christians operate with faith and it works for them so don't judge, so others won't judge you.

I can give you Bible verses of the above but that's not my point though.

MY POINT:
Stick to whatever works for you. its not by force nor a must to be a Christian but pls respect other people's Faith.

Atheist, Christianity, Islam, Budahism, Hindu, Satanist, Baha'i, sango, Amadioha etc

All AGREE only on one thing and that is LOVE thy neighbour as thy self, (Do to others what you want them do to you)

If the world can embrace that Love, Peace will reign on earth no matter your Faith, Colour, ethnicity etc

The world will not see any reason to build or own Nuclear Warhead ( Like someone pointed out that Russia have 8200, USA 7700 and Nigeria 1,000,000 grin) Imagine!

Let's make the world a Better Place. It begins with You and Me(I)
this is the problem with africans.....THEY DON'T THINK!!!!

2 Likes

Re: The Creation- How Compelling Is The Christian Narative? by great664(m): 11:55am On Jun 28, 2015
chukzzy1:
this is the problem with africans.....THEY DON'T THINK!!!!
Hey Mr. From my opinion Africans dont think or from the point I gave you see reason why they don't think? Pls clarify

Happy Weekend
Re: The Creation- How Compelling Is The Christian Narative? by vikeyz(m): 11:57am On Jun 28, 2015
if you ask me, na who i go ask #inomawunmi'svoice
Re: The Creation- How Compelling Is The Christian Narative? by efembaba(m): 11:57am On Jun 28, 2015
great664:
Christianity = Faith. Faith = Believing that something is true or real even without evidence.

Christians operate with faith and it works for them so don't judge, so others won't judge you.

I can give you Bible verses of the above but that's not my point though.

MY POINT:
Stick to whatever works for you. its not by force nor a must to be a Christian but pls respect other people's Faith.

Atheist, Christianity, Islam, Budahism, Hindu, Satanist, Baha'i, sango, Amadioha etc

All AGREE only on one thing and that is LOVE thy neighbour as thy self, (Do to others what you want them do to you)

If the world can embrace that Love, Peace will reign on earth no matter your Faith, Colour, ethnicity etc

The world will not see any reason to build or own Nuclear Warhead ( Like someone pointed out that Russia have 8200, USA 7700 and Nigeria 1,000,000 grin) Imagine!

Let's make the world a Better Place. It begins with You and Me(I)
actually faith is NOT believing something is true even though there's no evidence because there is evidence! On other words, faith is believing something is true because of a single evidence- I.e because its God that said so
Re: The Creation- How Compelling Is The Christian Narative? by Nobody: 11:57am On Jun 28, 2015
omenka:
Good morning.

2. It is said that after Cain killed Abel, he saw banished from Eden and went to live in some distant place (make una no mind me, I no sabi bible well well..) where he married and bore lots of children- question is, where did those people come from? Were they his brothers and sisters??

The bible called adam and eve, the first man and woman on earth, the bible never said they were the only one, when cain lay mentioned of other people, you should know that they weren't the only one on earth, if you notice the bible it tends to follow one genealogy, one family line, basically those relating to the isralite, the genealogy of other nations and there history is lost. Lemma ask you

When the bible said first man and woman, God created what makes you think he wasn't referring to adam and eve as the first man and woman of the isrealite line or genealogy?
The bible is filled with riddles not mystery, kabbalah and some few religion view adam and eve as a sort of figure of speech meaning the first enlightened man and woman, awakened man and woman more like it, literally the first intelligent man and woman. Not necessarily the only human at that time. You should know that many religion referred to Lilith as the first woman not eve, its a long story but Lilith was more a less a jinee, salamander, fire elemental being than human, you should know elementals are human but human are not elementals. The bible was focused on one genealogy, like it was written in a hurry to get to the part of jesus christ or was just obsessed with the isralites or something.

2 Likes

Re: The Creation- How Compelling Is The Christian Narative? by davien(m): 11:57am On Jun 28, 2015
If you want to know how true the christian creation story is, get two rabbits and watch them breed with themselves indefinitely....by the time you reach the 5th generation you'll have your answer(if they make it that far)..

That's just basic biology...if you're still not satisfied then you can go to a farm and ask the farmer if he can breed striped cows by allowing black cows breed next to striped trees..
The bible fails in biology greatly and if you support and/or adopt it as a biology textbook then be ready to fail biology...

3 Likes

Re: The Creation- How Compelling Is The Christian Narative? by Horlufemi(m): 11:59am On Jun 28, 2015
omenka:
Your first point sounds a tad bit pedestrian so I would go into that.

Second point could be accepted based on your admission of the inadequacy of the accounts of the book.

Thirdly, I beg to disagree on your argument. I don't know but it appears it is true and "untrue" in the sense that when you come down to say a nuclear or extended family, the argument seems to hold water- like saying one must not look like their parents in terms of physical appearance. But the argument seems to lost its footing when you consider a population as large as a race- wherein every member share striking similarities with every other member. I think at a point like this, there is some sort of conservation at play as regards mutation. Just look at the Mongoloids! cheesy

Now I don't know is these different "variants" of the human races have their benefits as described for living organisms in the theory of Natural Selection and Adaptation. Take for instance- what's the benefit of having slant eyes over straight ones, being short over being tall, being white over being dark, having short hair over long hair, etc...

I know there must be some point at which religion and science cross paths. At that point I believe would lie most of the answers to these questions, but as it stands I don't think we've located that point yet.

A typical couple can produce 2^23 different combinations of offspring.

I still tell you that there is a single human race. Natural selection doesn't change species to another specie rather it sheds off some genes. Adam possesed all genes human kind can ever have. Haven't you heard that mutation doesn't help survival? Mutations are generally dangerous. About 0.5% of mutations have no adverse effect.

I still believe natural Selection shed of dark skinned genes from humans in Europe to help absorb vit d, shed off light skin genes in Africa due to the intense sunlight, etc. Resulting in gene pools that we have made racial pools.
Re: The Creation- How Compelling Is The Christian Narative? by omenka(m): 12:01pm On Jun 28, 2015
GodMode:
Nairaland and its anti-christian topics

Nairaland does not want to move topics on the 3 recent bombings in 3 continents to FP angry

Nairaland is anti-christianangryangryangry

Just my opinion..
Na wa oo. Apologies over my thread. But I think if you had attempted to answer some of the questions you might have won a soul for Christ. Don't you think so??

1 Like

Re: The Creation- How Compelling Is The Christian Narative? by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jun 28, 2015
Okay if there is no God,who created man,animals,ocean,the sky,land,etc. What if there were no humans,animals,ocean,plants,the sky,etc. That there was just total darkness and not a single soul living...

1 Like

Re: The Creation- How Compelling Is The Christian Narative? by princedegreat(m): 12:04pm On Jun 28, 2015
Cain and Abel was not the only children of Adam read your bible very well after the death of Abel Adam had another son named Seth Cain married his sister but my dear do not doubt the word of God even the science you talk about have you asked your self why even the most identical twins cant bear the same finger print
Re: The Creation- How Compelling Is The Christian Narative? by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jun 28, 2015
tjkadzyanju:
...time is the answer...btw when cain and abel were given birth to...and the time God rejected the offering of cain was a large expanse of time....talkless of when cain killed abel.....look at this..... [ESV] Genesis 4:3 In the course of time Cain brought to the Lord an offering of the fruit of the ground,

Are u trying to say these other people are his brothers and sisters from Adam and Eve?

So why didnt he just say my ''brothers'' instead of ''other people''
Re: The Creation- How Compelling Is The Christian Narative? by Revolva(m): 12:05pm On Jun 28, 2015
I keep telling people that all this aare stories and formulated how can Adam and Eve be the first man on earth....all na wash jare lamba
Re: The Creation- How Compelling Is The Christian Narative? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jun 28, 2015
omenka:
Let's consider the bolded and take some wild but intelligent guess. For each part of this world from the Mideast to Africa, Europe, Asia and America, there are a particular race that predominate the population in these places. If we were to pin point the location of the Garden of Eden, then we could make a good guess as to their race.

That humans weren't intelligent enough to classify people back then doesn't mean if Adam and Eve were to live today we would see them and classify them depending on their appearance. So they must have belonged to a PARTCULAR breed of human beings.
based on post or pre-existing data, ever heard if the term first colonizer, second colonizer?. Every other catalog must fall under the first upon discovery, you can not name the first based on the discovery of the second or third. You were named after your father, or subordinate under him not the other way round.
Re: The Creation- How Compelling Is The Christian Narative? by TeamSimple(m): 12:05pm On Jun 28, 2015
Lips are sealed.
Re: The Creation- How Compelling Is The Christian Narative? by great664(m): 12:06pm On Jun 28, 2015
efembaba:
actually faith is NOT believing something is true even though there's no evidence because there is evidence! On other words, faith is believing something is true because of a single evidence- I.e because its God that said so
Actually Brother, my definition of faith is literally meaning and not Biblical meaning I understand but my opinion was not about religion.

Because its God that said so. Have you seen God physically? No, but true faith and believing in Our Lord Jesus Christ and with the help. of the Comforter( Holy Spirit) we have.

Attach is a screenshot of the Faith I mean

1 Like

Re: The Creation- How Compelling Is The Christian Narative? by holybizzy(m): 12:06pm On Jun 28, 2015
I really feel sorry for your impending death you will die the most painful death in world history for speaking against God. you are joking with wild fire and I will personally beg God to wipe you and your generations you deserve to be with Lucifer you are a bastard and may sorrow follow you for the rest of your life joy will elude you and your children you will die a lunatic for opening your mouth to curse God something job who faced more challenges couldn't do, the gate of heaven will never accept you on the last day may you live to see evil for the lips that speaks evil against the Almighty God shall see evil Chinapeter get ready for the wrath of God in 1wk you will encounter the biggest problem of your life I curse you this day.
Re: The Creation- How Compelling Is The Christian Narative? by davien(m): 12:06pm On Jun 28, 2015
Horlufemi:

A typical couple can produce 2^23 different combinations of offspring.

I still tell you that there is a single human race. Natural selection doesn't change species to another specie rather it sheds off some genes. Adam possesed all genes human kind can ever have. Haven't you heard that mutation doesn't help survival? Mutations are generally dangerous. About 0.5% of mutations have no adverse effect.

I still believe natural Selection shed of dark skinned genes from humans in Europe to help absorb vit d, shed off light skin genes in Africa due to the intense sunlight, etc. Resulting in gene pools that we have made racial pools.
It's not the amount of combinations, it's the repetition of them...if adam had all the gene combinations then he'd be the first to die...as he couldn't have any other mix... grin

1 Like

Re: The Creation- How Compelling Is The Christian Narative? by ConsciousMind: 12:08pm On Jun 28, 2015
I like to think of as like this:

God is a perfectionist. He makes things imperfect so he can improve on them. What's the point if everything was perfect anyway? God wouldn't have anything to do. Love wouldn't make sense because love is all about overcoming imperfections. So he made Adam and Eve, and they were perfect in our eyes. God doesn't make mistakes, he makes a version that can be improved on. Good could have chosen to make another tribe after Eden. And that's where Cain went.

Adam and Eve were black. By the time the New Testament was over God had used evolution to mutate other ethnicities. When Noah ark survived the flood, his children were all different. Slight ethnicity variations. That was the only way they could preserve human race
Re: The Creation- How Compelling Is The Christian Narative? by davien(m): 12:09pm On Jun 28, 2015
njays24:
Okay if there is no God,who created man,animals,ocean,the sky,land,etc. What if there were no humans,animals,ocean,plants,the sky,etc. That there was just total darkness and not a single soul living...
Ask yourself this question then review your post, if there's no god then is anything created or a creation?

1 Like

Re: The Creation- How Compelling Is The Christian Narative? by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jun 28, 2015
omenka:
Good morning.

I'm not a regular on this board- in fact this is my first time ever of visiting and I see you guys are doing quite a great job here. Kudos. smiley

For some of us not so ardent in the "ways of Christ", there are certain questions that have been tugging at our minds for years and I hope bringing it here, someone knowledgeable could help put things into clearer perspective.

Now, I've been having some difficulty believing the Christian narative of how man came to being. I don't believe a hindered percent in the Big Bang or Darwinism as well, but if you ask me, so far, both seem to offer even better explanation as to the question of life and how it has come to evolve.

According to our religion, the first men were Adam and Eve and every other man is a product of their procreation. My questions then are:

1. What race was Adam and Eve??

2. It is said that after Cain killed Abel, he saw banished from Eden and went to live in some distant place (make una no mind me, I no sabi bible well well..) where he married and bore lots of children- question is, where did those people come from? Were they his brothers and sisters??

3. How did we end up with the different races we have today- where did Whites, Blacks, Asians, indians, Arabs, Hispanics, and Persians with all their genotypical/physiological differences come from??
am pretty sure you dont all looking exactly alike in your family, even twi identical twins aint so identical if you look closely
4. If we were to accept the variations in "3" as products of genetic mutation, could we then extend to argument to explain the origin of man as a product of genetic mutation/evolution?? cheesy

I wish the pastors and evangelical scientists in the house could shed some light on this.

Thanks.

[/quote]
Re: The Creation- How Compelling Is The Christian Narative? by Orikinla(m): 12:13pm On Jun 28, 2015
Personally, I feel very sorry for ignorant people, especially when they are intellectually re-tarded. There was no Christianity or Christians when Genesis was written and Moses was not a Christian. On accounts of creation in the Holy Bible and other versions, 90% of all creation stories are similar to Adam and Eve. The discoveries of Lucy and other remains have only confirmed the existence of Adam and Eve. And I will advise the OP and others to do more research and studies on The Genome project. And don't talk about what you are clueless about. Go and read the book, "The DNA of God". The mystery of creation cannot be understood by ordinary mortals. The equation of creation is not for romantic discussion. The existence of God is beyond human comprehension; beyond human description and beyond human imagination. Just face the life you have and make the best out of your life while you are still alive and don't bother yourself about creation. Lest we forget, humans never asked to be created and none of us here asked to be born. Happy Sunday.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

We Will Christianize Nigeria If Muslims Islamise the Country- Cardinal Onaiyekan / Shiloh 2018: Delegates From Over 18 Nations Arrive Nigeria / Why You Should Avoid Sexual Immoralities On Campus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.