Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,765 members, 7,820,669 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:12 PM

My Experience With A Young Christian Girl - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Experience With A Young Christian Girl (10249 Views)

MY Experience With The Supernatural, Ghost And Spirits Do Exist. / Why A Christian Girl Converted To Islam (Photo) / Young Christian Vs. Young Atheist: Who Is Really Mentally Weak (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With A Young Christian Girl by MizJanet(f): 10:17am On Jul 16, 2015
plainbibletruth:

From your initial conversation (whether  real or imaginary) your purpose is to 'force' your meaning into the words of the passages you picked. 
"people say" .... but ...."brought forth"
"but why are christians not consistent and straight forward ?"
Your goal then is to arrive at a conclusion that will discredit the position of others. 

Incidentally you deliberately refused to respond to the post that showed you how the use of "brought forth" does not necessarily translate to "create" in Matthew 1:25. You know it will punch a big hole in your argument. 

But it can translate to create in the similar context of proverb 8:24 and psalm 90:2 ryt ? If mountains , earth and the world and jesus are brought forth/born , what does it mean ?

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Young Christian Girl by johnw74: 11:53am On Jul 16, 2015
MizJanet:
Stop derailing my thread
you are saying trash

solve it

Lol , you are exposed cheesy

Are u sick ? grin grin

You haven't a clue, you make a fool of yourself and you don't even know it.

You guys have short memory's, I don't waste time explaining anything to jw, other secterians, non believers, liars, those that hate Truth etc.

Remember!

Those that reject the Bible, and hateing the Truth as you do, and those that change God's inspired Word as jw do are lost

2Co 4:3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

2Co 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
Re: My Experience With A Young Christian Girl by MizJanet(f): 7:45pm On Jul 16, 2015
johnw74:

[s]
You haven't a clue, you make a fool of yourself and you don't even know it.

You guys have short memory's, I don't waste time explaining anything to jw, other secterians, non believers, liars, those that hate Truth etc.

Remember!

Those that reject the Bible, and hateing the Truth as you do, and those that change God's inspired Word as jw do are lost

2Co 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. [/s]

I can see you edit and cut out the points that blow you off before quoting my post , grin

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Young Christian Girl by BreezyRita(f): 8:26pm On Jul 16, 2015
MizJanet:

See interpretation o, So Jesus while speaking in prov 8:22-27 is a mortal man ? grin grin

What are you even saying? Jesus wrote Proverbs undecided
Re: My Experience With A Young Christian Girl by johnw74: 12:44am On Jul 17, 2015
MizJanet:

I can see you edit and cut out the points that blow you off before quoting my post , grin

Pro 10:8 The wise in heart will receive commandments; but a babbling fool shall fall.
Re: My Experience With A Young Christian Girl by johnw74: 2:10am On Jul 17, 2015
MizJanet:

I can see you don't just edit and cut out some of my points, but strike out the whole post that blow you off

johnw74:

[s]You haven't a clue, you make a fool of yourself and you don't even know it.

Remember!

2Co 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them[/s].
Re: My Experience With A Young Christian Girl by lampardizik(m): 2:30am On Jul 17, 2015
theAtheist101:
"Stop the blasphemy against the Lord of host. This just shows you don't truly understand the Bible. To understand, reread the Bible like 50 times (cover to cover) in a year; and if symptoms persist, visit Bible teaching church(es) for explanations; and if symptoms still persist,..... How dare you doubt the Bible? Just watch what would happen to you." -- the mind of a typical christian.

More like the mind of a typical church goer
Re: My Experience With A Young Christian Girl by MizJanet(f): 6:36am On Jul 17, 2015
johnw74:

I can see you don't just edit and cut out some of my points , but strike out the whole post that blow you off

Point what I edit and cut from your striked post ?

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Young Christian Girl by MizJanet(f): 6:40am On Jul 17, 2015
BreezyRita:

What are you even saying? Jesus wrote Proverbs undecided

Whom is Proverb 8:22-27 refering to ?
Re: My Experience With A Young Christian Girl by Nobody: 7:02am On Jul 17, 2015
lampardizik:

More like the mind of a typical church goer

Which one are you and how did you arrive at this? What parameters do you use to gauge them?
Re: My Experience With A Young Christian Girl by lampardizik(m): 10:25am On Jul 17, 2015
theAtheist101:

Which one are you and how did you arrive at this? What parameters do you use to gauge them?

Church goers...mostly people who were born into a christian home,goes to church on sundays and even every other day,most probably knows all of the acts of God. This group of people try to 'force their God' on others like that text which I did quote.

A Christian is simply a disciple of Christ,spreading the Good News to all the earth

I am a proud member of the latter,although I just joined the family...I was once a church goer.

God Bless you
Re: My Experience With A Young Christian Girl by Nobody: 11:13am On Jul 17, 2015
lampardizik:

Church goers...mostly people who were born into a christian home,goes to church on sundays and even every other day,most probably knows all of the acts of God. This group of people try to 'force their God' on others like that text which I did quote.

A Christian is simply a disciple of Christ,spreading the Good News to all the earth

I am a proud member of the latter,although I just joined the family...I was once a church goer.

God Bless you

Why is the child of married christians a church goer? Shouldn't he also be a disciple of Jesus from birth, since his/her parents would prayed for such?

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Young Christian Girl by lampardizik(m): 12:25pm On Jul 17, 2015
theAtheist101:

Why is the child of married christians a church goer? Shouldn't he also be a disciple of Jesus from birth, since his/her parents would prayed for such?

As a child I was greatly influenced by my parents,did what they asked and did not have any say as to how to worship God. This is true for many people,until they come of age,they may not know the difference,and many still continue in the path which they grew in knowing only what they were told and most would not even bother to seek answers,the ones who do and are not satisfied with the answer they get become heart hardened...and so continues the cycle
Re: My Experience With A Young Christian Girl by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jul 17, 2015
lampardizik:

As a child I was greatly influenced by my parents,did what they asked and did not have any say as to how to worship God. This is true for many people,until they come of age,they may not know the difference,and many still continue in the path which they grew in knowing only what they were told and most would not even bother to seek answers,the ones who do and are not satisfied with the answer they get become heart hardened...and so continues the cycle

You didn't answer my question. I was asking for the cause of that abnormally before birth, not after birth.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Young Christian Girl by lampardizik(m): 10:40pm On Jul 17, 2015
theAtheist101:

You didn't answer my question. I was asking for the cause of that abnormally before birth, not after birth.

Before birth,the child is unaware of anything,he knows nothing...an empty book
Re: My Experience With A Young Christian Girl by SamTrust(m): 10:54pm On Jul 17, 2015
MizJanet:
GIRL: okay, pls whats the second verse

ME: okay, proverb 8:24

GIRL: *she reads in her bible* okay, and whats your point ?

ME: people say that proverb 8 talks about the God of christians , Jesus

GIRL : yes , he is the uncreated creator

ME: really? But the verse I gave you said he too was " brought forth"

GIRL: yeah, he was begotten

ME: created ?

GIRL: NO, begotten

ME: but you told me that anything born is created

GIRL: i dont seem to get you, are you saying Jesus is created ?

ME: *i smiled* but its your bible that said Jesus was brought forth , isnt it ?

GIRL: yes, but I explained to you that it means he was begotten

ME: You have contradict yourself my sister , according to the first verse which says mountains are brought forth , you said it means they are created .

GIRL : *sighs* , but what I know is that Jesus was not created , pls we shall see next time others are waiting for me

ME: so you will leave me , without solving this

GIRL: its not like dat *smiles and walk away* ,

, but why are christians not consistent and straight forward ?

Jesus is not God.
Read Mattew 16:13-17, Phillpians 2:3,4,5
John20:31
John 14:28.
Thanks, also check my thread
Re: My Experience With A Young Christian Girl by Nobody: 1:46am On Jul 18, 2015
lampardizik:

Before birth,the child is unaware of anything,he knows nothing...an empty book

Why do god allow this to happen? Why is the child not a Christian from birth, since it would make his making heaven easy?

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Young Christian Girl by johnw74: 2:56am On Jul 18, 2015
MizJanet:

Point what I edit and cut from your striked post ?

An intelligent person can read between lines
a dum dum has to be told everything because she has no understanding
however me no waste time explaining to dum dum a frivelous thing.
Re: My Experience With A Young Christian Girl by yommyuk: 6:06am On Jul 18, 2015
MizJanet:
GIRL: okay, pls whats the second verse

ME: okay, proverb 8:24

GIRL: *she reads in her bible* okay, and whats your point ?

ME: people say that proverb 8 talks about the God of christians , Jesus

GIRL : yes , he is the uncreated creator

ME: really? But the verse I gave you said he too was " brought forth"

GIRL: yeah, he was begotten

ME: created ?

GIRL: NO, begotten

ME: but you told me that anything born is created

GIRL: i dont seem to get you, are you saying Jesus is created ?

ME: *i smiled* but its your bible that said Jesus was brought forth , isnt it ?

GIRL: yes, but I explained to you that it means he was begotten

ME: You have contradict yourself my sister , according to the first verse which says mountains are brought forth , you said it means they are created .

GIRL : *sighs* , but what I know is that Jesus was not created , pls we shall see next time others are waiting for me

ME: so you will leave me , without solving this

GIRL: its not like dat *smiles and walk away* ,

, but why are christians not consistent and straight forward ?

Christ is the manifestation of God in human flesh (John 1:14). This was the only way God could come down to earth to save mankind.

Why?

Habakkuk 1:13
Your eyes are too pure to approve evil, And You can not look on wickedness with favor Why do You look with favor On those who deal treacherously? Why are You silent when the wicked swallow up Those more righteous than they?

God is omnipresence. He is everywhere and nothing is hidden from him. He knows the contents of your heart. He abhors evil. His ultimate goal is to destroy evil.

But then again, God is a loving God, full of mercy.

Ezekiel 33:11
Say to them, 'As surely as I live, declares the Sovereign LORD, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn from their ways and live. Turn! Turn from your evil ways! Why will you die, people of Israel?'

Therefore, God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him and not die but gain eternal life.

Key phrases- SHOWED (not create)HIS LOVE (SON)(HIMSELF)(HIS SPIRIT)(JESUS CHRIST) - INTO THE WORLD

CONCLUSION

WAS CHRIST CREATED - NO

WHY

Because GOD is SPIRIT (John 4:24).

Even Mary, the mother of Jesus was confused (LIKE U) when Angel Gabriel brought her the GOOD NEWS

Luke 1:34-35
Mary asked the angel, “How can this be? I’m a virgin.”

The angel answered her, “The Holy Spirit will come to you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. Therefore, the holy child [b]developing [/b]inside you will be called the Son of God.

DEVELOPING - Even b4 Angel Gabriel came to Mary - The child was already developing within her. Do u call that created?

MORE CONFUSED?

LET'S WORK LADY
Re: My Experience With A Young Christian Girl by MizJanet(f): 10:01am On Jul 18, 2015
johnw74:

An intelligent person can read between lines
a dum dum has to be told everything because she has no understanding
however me no waste time explaining to dum dum a frivelous thing.

Since you couldnt point out anything , you resort to insults . You aint matured .

This liar couldnt point anything I edit and cut , grin
Re: My Experience With A Young Christian Girl by MizJanet(f): 10:06am On Jul 18, 2015
yommyuk:

[s]
Christ is the manifestation of God in human flesh (John 1:14). This was the only way God could come down to earth to save mankind.

Why?

Habakkuk 1:13
Your eyes are too pure to approve evil, And You can not look on wickedness with favor Why do You look with favor On those who deal treacherously? Why are You silent when the wicked swallow up Those more righteous than they?

God is omnipresence. He is everywhere and nothing is hidden from him. He knows the contents of your heart. He abhors evil. His ultimate goal is to destroy evil.

But then again, God is a loving God, full of mercy.

Ezekiel 33:11
Say to them, 'As surely as I live, declares the Sovereign LORD, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn from their ways and live. Turn! Turn from your evil ways! Why will you die, people of Israel?'
[/s]

OFF TOPIC! Kindly address those two verses presented to the young girl @ op .
Re: My Experience With A Young Christian Girl by johnw74: 11:30am On Jul 18, 2015
MizJanet:

Since you couldnt point out anything , you resort to insults . You aint matured .

Haha you have such a big mouth, and I'm giving you back just a little

MizJanet dishes out a lot
but cannot take even a little

what a godless weakling you are

LittleMizWeaky
Re: My Experience With A Young Christian Girl by lampardizik(m): 11:33am On Jul 18, 2015
theAtheist101:

Why do god allow this to happen? Why is the child not a Christian from birth, since it would make his making heaven easy?

Being a disciple is by choice,once the ability to choose is taken away...well,
And nothing worth while is easy,But these things are based on principles. God has certain principles
Re: My Experience With A Young Christian Girl by yommyuk: 12:33pm On Jul 18, 2015
MizJanet:

OFF TOPIC! Kindly address those two verses presented to the young girl @ op .

Colossians 1:15-20 New Living Translation (NLT)

Christ Is Supreme
15 Christ is the visible image of the invisible God.
He existed before anything was created and is supreme over all creation,[a]
16 for through him God created everything
in the heavenly realms and on earth.
He made the things we can see
and the things we can’t see—
such as thrones, kingdoms, rulers, and authorities in the unseen world.
Everything was created through him and for him.
17 He existed before anything else,
and he holds all creation together.

18 Christ is also the head of the church,
which is his body.
He is the beginning,
supreme over all who rise from the dead.[b]
So he is first in everything.
19 For God in all his fullness
was pleased to live in Christ,
20 and through him God reconciled
everything to himself.
He made peace with everything in heaven and on earth
by means of Christ’s blood on the cross.
Re: My Experience With A Young Christian Girl by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jul 18, 2015
lampardizik:

Being a disciple is by choice,once the ability to choose is taken away...well,
And nothing worth while is easy,But these things are based on principles. God has certain principles

What are these principles and how did you know them? Did you get feedback from god about the authenticity of this source? Or did you get feedback from the book about the existence of god?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience With A Young Christian Girl by MizJanet(f): 12:51pm On Jul 18, 2015
johnw74:

[s] Haha you have such a big mouth, and I'm giving you back just a little
MizJanet dishes out a lot but cannot take even a little
what a godless weakling you are
LittleMizWeaky [/s]
Re: My Experience With A Young Christian Girl by MizJanet(f): 12:58pm On Jul 18, 2015
yommyuk:

Colossians 1:15-20 New Living Translation (NLT)

Christ Is Supreme
15 Christ is the visible image of the invisible God.
He existed before anything was created and is supreme over all creation,[a]
16 for through him God created everything
in the heavenly realms and on earth.
He made the things we can see
and the things we can’t see—
such as thrones, kingdoms, rulers, and authorities in the unseen world.
Everything was created through him and for him.
17 He existed before anything else,
and he holds all creation together.

18 Christ is also the head of the church,
which is his body.
He is the beginning,
supreme over all who rise from the dead.[b]

You sound like a programmed robot . Address the two verses @ op or shut your mouth 4eva .

Jesus is supreme yet was brough forth / produced by labour pains prv 8:24 grin
Re: My Experience With A Young Christian Girl by lampardizik(m): 2:48pm On Jul 18, 2015
theAtheist101:

What are these principles and how did you know them? Did you get feedback from god about the authenticity of this source? Or did you get feedback from the book about the existence of god?

Some of these principles,I was taught,others I am yet to know and yes they are in the bible and I believe them
As pertaining to the question you asked earlier,Paul taught that if a child is born to a believing family,that child is clean...

Tell me why you think that there is no God
Re: My Experience With A Young Christian Girl by johnw74: 2:51pm On Jul 18, 2015
MizJanet:

that from MizBadmouth herself, the biggest insulter and liar in the whole of Nairaland Forums

blind as a bat
Re: My Experience With A Young Christian Girl by yommyuk: 4:34pm On Jul 18, 2015
MizJanet:

You sound like a programmed robot . Address the two verses @ op or shut your mouth 4eva .

Jesus is supreme yet was brough forth / produced by labour pains prv 8:24 grin

The above bold is irresponsible and immature on your part. Growup smiley

In order to understand how Christ was brought forth, u have to understand the concept of His Incarnation. I.e. His Personification, Embodiment, Manifestation, Materialisation.

The divine nature of the Son, united with the Father but not mixed with human nature in one divine Person, Jesus Christ, who was both "truly God and truly man".

You cannot just pick up a verse in the bible and start running around screaming BROUGHT FORTH, CREATED, ETC. It goes deeper than that.

Example
The Words that you speak who owns those Words? Did you create the words? God is all powerful, he has the power to transform himself into anything.

Question for u

How does God have the ability to accommodate the prayers of billions of people at the same time? Does he have a billion ears?
I beg! Wake up from you slumber and join the queue before you lose your soul.. cheesy
Re: My Experience With A Young Christian Girl by MizJanet(f): 4:53pm On Jul 18, 2015
yommyuk:

[s]
The above bold is irresponsible and immature on your part. Growup smiley
In order to understand how Christ was brought forth, u have to understand the concept of His Incarnation. I.e. His Personification, Embodiment, Manifestation, Materialisation.
The divine nature of the Son, united with the Father but not mixed with human nature in one divine Person, Jesus Christ, who was both "truly God and truly man".
You cannot just pick up a verse in the bible and start running around screaming BROUGHT FORTH, CREATED, ETC. It goes deeper than that.
Example
The Words that you speak who owns those Words? Did you create the words? God is all powerful, he has the power to transform himself into anything.
Question for u
How does God have the ability to accommodate the prayers of billions of people at the same time? Does he have a billion ears?
I beg! Wake up from you slumber and join the queue before you lose your soul.. cheesy
[/s]

Jesus was brought forth , explain?
Re: My Experience With A Young Christian Girl by yommyuk: 5:03pm On Jul 18, 2015
MizJanet:

Jesus was brought forth , explain?

CHRIST SAVE YOUR SOUL

DUST OFF MY FEET cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Should You Break Up With Your Boyfriend After Giving Your Life To Christ? / Before,immediately Or After Faith? Wen Do U Receive The Gift Of The Holy Spirit? / The Covenant Between Salt And Atheist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.