Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:58 AM

She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. (27003 Views)

She Wants To Quit Her Marriage / Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? / She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by refreshrate: 9:32pm On Jun 29, 2015
mutter:
My husband is a practicing moslem and a very staunch one as that.
I have to be sincere I have also gone quite deep into Islam once but somewhere along the line I had the deep desire to revert to the religion of my childhood.
Religion is an issue in our family but certainly not a problem.
My children are practicing moslems because we agreed on this before we married. At that stage I did not place so much emphasis on religion. Today I do not think I might agree to such a compromise.
Not because I think one religion is better than the other but because I am very active in the church and my kid`s are then not by my side.
Occasionally the come to church like when there is a function. My husband also comes with them and even goes into the church.
My husband believes his religion is the true religion but I guess we all do somehow.
However he does not stop me from practicing my religion but even encourages me.
I am also very proud of my husband being a moslem because I just love the way he is so devoted to his prayers and he really has faith.
Despite the huddles I think it is also a vast enrichment for our children. They have learnt how to practice their religion and yet respect all other religions. At the end of the day, we all serve the same God.

That right there is a typical example of a wise man you have there as a husband.

Please can you give him a round (of applause grin na applause i mean o) tonite on my behalf please even you bein wise enough to be understanding towards tolerance on both your sides, i promise you this, if half of the people coming here to talk about the superiority of their religion over the other figured thibgs like this, do you honestly think this topic would come to life?

Everyone's religion is peaceful and accommodating till its time to meet the other persons religion. Then i ask when does the peace and accommodation come to play?

Abeg no forget the round (of applause) tonight on my behalf especially. God bless you both real good.

1 Like

Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by AdeKamal(m): 9:55pm On Jun 29, 2015
MuhdG:
Alhamdulillah.

If she wants to practice islam allow her and support her if you truly love her.

She must have seen the light in Islam.. so why don't you ask her to show it to you.

Women have deeper sense of judgement but may be quick to emotionally react..

its actually an opportunity for everyone to think twice about what you are presently practicing, compare and contrast it with others and choose that which connects you directly with God

( to me, Islam is the best... without any doubt )

1 Like 1 Share

Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by honeric01(m): 10:12pm On Jun 29, 2015
chai..

Nigerians!

ayayayaya..

Unless anyone here can prove to me that every home with same religion have lasted better and longer than their counterpart, i say to hell with una religious fanatism.

I know homes with mixed religious parents, yet their offsprings are betterof and well behaved even better than most pastors and Inman children.

Like kids from same faith are betterof sef..

See the country with all their religious jargons.
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by adepiero: 10:59pm On Jun 29, 2015
misssclassy:
Well, this is quite a delicate situation.
First of all I 'd advice you sit her down and talk things with her. Tell her you stand in all of this and tell her how you feel about her decision.
Expressively explain to her of the implication of her decision of your relationship

[s]What she did was insensitive. Why would she chose to make such decision at a time as crucial as this. It doesn't speak well of her judgment and decision making.[/s]

If after talking to her she still doesn't change her stance, the best thing for the both of you is to end the relationship.

Having separate religions as a husband and wife would not help in improving your relationship. If for anything, it would help in pulling both of you apart.
When you practise the same religion with your spouse, it creates understanding, trust and a stronger bond of friendship and companionship between the both of you.

I am not saying your marriage won't work if she chooses to practice islam and you choose to practice christianity, but there is a higher chance it would blossom if you both practiced the same religion.
The crossed part of your text makes no sense

Now she is insensitive for converting to Islam but if it was vice versa, then she'd be doing the right thing abi undecided

In situations like this, always judge with an open mind. Its her choice to make and not for you to judge!

1 Like

Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by jimmynauty: 11:29pm On Jun 29, 2015
MuhdG:
Alhamdulillah.

She must have seen the light in Islam.. so why don't you ask her to show it to you.
pls i want to see the light too. E de bright pass wetin i de hear for tafsir which is not on good neighborliness but dominace.
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by bebe2(f): 11:34pm On Jun 29, 2015
MuhdG:
Alhamdulillah.

Rubbish angry

Wat if ur fiancee suddenly decides to become a Christian wud u give ur self dis same advice?

In other news
am surprised we all can post on this topic, normally the general population are banned from posting on anything that concerns islam .

Seun and hypocrisy, common freedom of speech fear no let am give this forum angry
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by bebe2(f): 11:37pm On Jun 29, 2015
adepiero:
The crossed part of your text makes no sense

Now she is insensitive for converting to Islam but if it was vice versa, then she'd be doing the right thing abi undecided

In situations like this, always judge with an open mind. Its her choice to make and not for you to judge!

Here is my understanding on that crossed part.

Religion is a sensitive issue especially wen it concerns marriage.

No one shud go flip flopping while preparing to marry.

For me it's a deal breaker,
I don't want to have confused children.

2 Likes

Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by Nobody: 12:25am On Jun 30, 2015
The thing is that is the end of your relationship,except you convert to islam,a muslim woman is forbidden to marry umbeliever,am not hating you o,but its fact,decide now before she gets kids for you and thereabout get really knowledgreablre in thereligion ,i mean like a staunch like me, she will have no choice but to obey Allah and leave you one day.
Yomieluv:
My fiance called me on thursday that she's converting to a moslem.

Actually,she was a muslim,but when the mum was going through financial difficulties while growing up,she and her brother went to stay at her uncle's place,who happens to practice christian,which made her practice the family's religion.

She has gone back this year to her mum's place,because her place of industrial attachment is very close to her mum's place.

I thought she was joking,till she came to my side yesterday,and observed her prayer the muslim way.

I haven't made any comment,or taken any decision on that,but my fear is that

1. This is a lady I want t get married to in few months' time.

2. I practise christianity,and I know the importance of uniformity of religion to married couple,and children.

3. I have been worried since,am I over reacting to it?

4. Has anybody been in this situation before,whereby hubby,and wife practise different religion?

5. Should I be worried,or I insist on her to practice christianity?

I need contribution,and advice on how to handle the difference in religion,if eventually we get married.

CC: lalasticlala.
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by Nobody: 12:27am On Jun 30, 2015
Funny and you must be joking,so you are agreeing to the relationship?
MuhdG:
Alhamdulillah.

Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by Nobody: 12:29am On Jun 30, 2015
You are either a christian or an ignorant muslim.Did Allah and His Rasul tell you there is light in christianity
wisefizz:

Them done start again.... This is hw they start religious war.... Who told u say there is no light in Christianity?

Mind u, I'm a muslim
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by Supermajor(m): 12:30am On Jun 30, 2015
OK o
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by Nobody: 12:32am On Jun 30, 2015
best
kimond101:
Before addressing the question I'll first congratulate your fiancee for receiving guidance to the right path.

A little Islamic fundamentals for you:
A muslim is one who worships God alone without associating partners in worship with him.
Now what is the religion of Abraham, Jacob, Moses, Joseph, David since they all came before Christ. The answer is Islam(People who submit to God without associating partners in worship with him).
Jesus Christ the Messiah, Son of Mary is a blessed prophet and messenger of God. His creation is a display of God greatness.
God created Adam from nothing(Clay), Eve from Adam (man), Jesus from Mary (woman), and you and I from our parents (Man and Woman). This indicates that God is indeed able to do all things.
Abraham was sent as a messenger, same was Noah, Moses, David, Jesus, and Mohammed. And we're given scriptures as a guidance to their people. Jesus Christ was given the gospel as a guidance for the people of Isreal. And whoever doesn't follow his guidance would not be successful in the hereafter. The guidance of the gospel as revealed to Jesus is the true guidance. But with all due respect man has added some words into the Bibles we have today. But the pure scripture that God revealed to Jesus indicates Jesus saying:
My Father is greater than I. Jesus never called himself God in the bible.
Back to the question would muslims enter paradise. Yes they would by the Grace of God. But only those who are obedient to the commandments of God and do not take partners with God and believe in all the books revealed to all the messengers, believe in the angels, preordainment and seek forgiveness from God with sincerity hoping for the best in this life and the hereafter

Now to the question :
Inter religious marriage could be very hard. From Islamic perspective I'll advice that you marry someone who share the same believe as you do. Because when it comes to praying together and raising children problems would develop.
Islam believes if you ascribe partners with God you wouldn't make paradise and Christianity believe if you don't accept that Jesus died for your sins you wouldn't make paradise. The love between couples should extend to the hereafter. So husband and wife with same believe would have faith in attaining the paradise that they aspire.
But I'll advice you learn about islam who knows you might be the next revert.

Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by ramalot(m): 4:25am On Jun 30, 2015
Emyben:

There was this thread from a certain lady in Muslims section calling for advice on whether to marry her Christian fiancee or to wait and Marry a muslim even as a second wife.

You all including you adviced her to terminate the relationship and marry the muslim man as a second wife or to wait.

Why didnt u advise her to marry the Christian since she loves him?

Why is ya advise to Yomieluv different from the advise you gave your Muslim sister?
#hypocrites

cheesy I think you meant to quote the person i was asking the same question.
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by salam1(m): 4:48am On Jun 30, 2015
Abimloaded:

Question. it answered yet. The Old testament is in the Bible...!
u urself knw dat alot of tins has bin changed, Y not leave it as it was revealed 2 MOSSES MAY PEACE B WITH HIM OR IS D WORD OF MAN BETA DAN DAT OF GOD
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by salam1(m): 4:49am On Jun 30, 2015
Rilwayne001:

I was reffering to a muslimah. Do you know who a muslimah is?
yea a pious beleiving lady or woman
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by adepiero: 4:53am On Jun 30, 2015
bebe2:

Here is my understanding on that crossed part.

Religion is a sensitive issue especially wen it concerns marriage.

No one shud go flip flopping while preparing to marry.

For me it's a deal breaker,
I don't want to have confused children.
You got my emphasis correctly. wink

Giving advice in this kind of discussion should be done with oughtmost care and wisdom and not just based on gut feelings undecided
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by busyflexz(m): 5:54am On Jun 30, 2015
Guy no lie about ur faith joor...real muslim would luv it iv origin be ban!
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by Abimloaded(m): 6:03am On Jun 30, 2015
salam1:
u urself knw dat alot of tins has bin changed, Y not leave it as it was revealed 2 MOSSES MAY PEACE B WITH HIM OR IS D WORD OF MAN BETA DAN DAT OF GOD

Nothing was changed in the Bible... it still has the Old and the New Testament and that's what the Bible has contained ever since I knew it even before my birth. So can you tell me what has changed in it

Don't just give me an excuse here, Give me Facts and proof(s)!
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by salam1(m): 6:07am On Jun 30, 2015
Abimloaded:

Nothing was changed in the Bible... it still has the Old and the New Testament and that's what the Bible has contained ever since I knew it even before my birth. So can you tell me what has changed in it

Don't just give me an excuse here, Give me Facts and proof(s)!
if nothing has changed y do u v diffrent version or was diffrent version revealed 2 mosses?
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by 8kingz(m): 6:08am On Jun 30, 2015
wisefizz:

Them done start again.... This is hw they start religious war.... Who told u say there is no light in Christianity?

Mind u, I'm a muslim
I c nufin wrong in wat muhuG just said,nufin personal, if u also want to propergate ur religon also,it z a free world
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by Abimloaded(m): 6:08am On Jun 30, 2015
uplawal:
You are either a christian or an ignorant muslim.Did Allah and His Rasul tell you there is light in christianity

Jesus Christ the lord and the saviour told us in John 14:6
" Jesus answered, “I am the way
and the truth and the life. No one
comes to the Father except through
me." so we clearly know that nobody gets to the father (God) without his only begotten son whom he sent to this world (John 3:16) . That clearly shows there is light in Christianity because we follow the one whom we can get to the father through.

Believe in him, follow him today as he is the way , the truth and life. You are without all these without Jesus!
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by Abimloaded(m): 6:12am On Jun 30, 2015
salam1:
if nothing has changed y do u v diffrent version or was diffrent version revealed 2 mosses?

Have you tried reading these versions before ?
They are all saying the same thing but the level of understanding the way those words were written makes it looks like its different.

If you read a verse in the KJV and it looks like you don't get the point there well, check the NIV or Good News, you may get it well because those ones were uses to write words that are better understood by everyone even a dullard.
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by noblegrex: 6:59am On Jun 30, 2015
A muslim broda n a christian sister wokrs well, not too well bt I have cousins who married a muslim broda 1 is doing fyn while d oda is seeing hell. I won't advice u to take it, all d name of love,that might eventually turn hatred. if u guys don't talk things out now problem abounds.how can my beutiful wife cover her beuty frm head to toe. 'Kiss Daniel'
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by Emyben(m): 7:04am On Jun 30, 2015
ramalot:

cheesy I think you meant to quote the person i was asking the same question.

Lol, yeaa.
I meant MuhdG
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by kimond101: 7:14am On Jun 30, 2015
Abimloaded:

Jesus Christ the lord and the saviour told us in John 14:6
" Jesus answered, “I am the way
and the truth and the life. No one
comes to the Father except through
me." so we clearly know that nobody gets to the father (God) without his only begotten son whom he sent to this world (John 3:16) . That clearly shows there is light in Christianity because we follow the one whom we can get to the father through.

Believe in him, follow him today as he is the way , the truth and life. You are without all these without Jesus!

Thank you for quoting this verse.
Jesus indeed is the way the truth and the light and no one would indeed get-together the father except through him.
That is by why he is a messenger that was sent to the people of Isreal at that time. So anyone that wants to know God Almighty has to believe in the light which is the Gospel sent to Jesus. Same was in the time of Abraham he was the way truth and life and by obeying the 10commandnents would would have a through to God. Same as every other prophets and messenger sent Moses,David and Muhammed who was given the Quran.
Jesus never in anywhere in the bible call himself God or asked to be worshipped but rather he prayed to his creator. Can God pray to God?
Any muslim that does not believe in Jesus isn't a muslim.
I love Jesus but I do not worship him rather I worship HE that created Jesus
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by kimond101: 7:18am On Jun 30, 2015
noblegrex:
A muslim broda n a christian sister wokrs well, not too well bt I have cousins who married a muslim broda 1 is doing fyn while d oda is seeing hell. I won't advice u to take it, all d name of love,that might eventually turn hatred. if u guys don't talk things out now problem abounds.how can my beutiful wife cover her beuty frm head to toe. 'Kiss Daniel'
So you would like your beautiful wife to flaunt what is meant for your eyes only? And let preys feed their eyes?
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by Ybnm4life(m): 7:49am On Jun 30, 2015
I will advise you to think of this through before you make your decisions because this will cause division in the family when you later get married to her... Imagine when it comes to night and morning devotion, the husband is praying to God through Jesus Christ while the wife is not.
Also Jesus said "I am the way, the Truth and the Light, and that no one cometh unto my father except but by me" the muslims does not believe in this, so I will advise you think carefully before you start having regrets latter on... Nothing is worth the salvation in you.
so this are the factors you must consider before you eventually make your choice because a cat and mouse cannot live iin the same house except the
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by Nobody: 8:28am On Jun 30, 2015
Dnt mind that one,he is displaying his ignorance.
oplbycar:

ISLAM NEVER PERMITS A MUSLIM LADY TO MARRY CHRISTAIN. ITS ONLY A MUSLIM GUY THAT IS PERMITTED TO MARRY A CHRISTAIN. SO WHICH LIGHT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT HERE?

1 Like

Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by Nobody: 8:30am On Jun 30, 2015
evil uncle.
YSA06:
If u truly love her, then sit her down and ask her to tell u her reason, from there she'll be able to show u some lights in islam.

Meanwhile from there too, u will be able to see the evil deeds her uncle did by make her and her bro to be going to church when he knew they were both born as muslims in the name of helping their helpless mum.

Smiliar case is lying close beside me here.
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by kimond101: 8:32am On Jun 30, 2015
Ybnm4life:
I will advise you to think of this through before you make your decisions because this will cause division in the family when you later get married to her... Imagine when it comes to night and morning devotion, the husband is praying to God through Jesus Christ while the wife is not.
Also Jesus said "I am the way, the Truth and the Light, and that no one cometh unto my father except but by me" the muslims does not believe in this, so I will advise you think carefully before you start having regrets latter on... Nothing is worth the salvation in you.
so this are the factors you must consider before you eventually make your choice because a cat and mouse cannot live iin the same house except the
" Point of correction muslims believe Jesus indeed is the way the truth and the light and no one would indeed get-together the father except through him.
That is by why he is a messenger that was sent to the people of Isreal at that time. So anyone that wants to know God Almighty has to believe in the light which is the Gospel sent to Jesus. Same was in the time of Abraham he was the way truth and life and by obeying the 10commandnents would would have a through to God. Same as every other prophets and messenger sent Moses,David and Muhammed who was given the Quran.
Jesus never in anywhere in the bible call himself God or asked to be worshipped but rather he prayed to his creator. Can God pray to God?
Any muslim that does not believe in Jesus isn't a muslim.
I love Jesus but I do not worship him rather I worship HE that created Jesus"
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by Nobody: 8:33am On Jun 30, 2015
Christianity and force,they will always force people to their religion.
coolsix:
Force her to practise Christianity or don't marry her.. let her rot
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by Nobody: 8:36am On Jun 30, 2015
She has every right to make a decision and a change of mind even if its 1min to wedding
misssclassy:

I said making such decision at that crucial point in her life was what was insensitive. The timing is what's silly.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

"We Need More People" - Tanzanian President Warns Women To Stop Taking Pills / Facebook Couple Celebrate 4th Anniversary Of Meeting (photos) / 40-year-old Man Remanded In Prison For Enticing Married Muslim Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.