Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,151 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. (27024 Views)

She Wants To Quit Her Marriage / Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? / She Wants Court Marriage, He Wants Traditional Marriage, She Say He Does Not.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by yusufbida(m): 1:42pm On Jun 29, 2015
wisefizz:

Bro, m NT ashamed.... We serve the same God in different ways... We don't need to derail a religion because of ours...

Let there be peace

What are saying someone is worshiping One God and d oda worshiping Three in one God and you ve d gort to telling me it s dsame God dey are worshiping.

Common use ur head now
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jun 29, 2015
MissSlimbody:

If the guy is a muslim and his fiance changed from muslim to christian, would you have given the same advice.

Please, be sinceresmiley
#NO.

Don't you get it?
Its either is Islam or none
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by ahmedtijani(m): 1:43pm On Jun 29, 2015
imagine
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by MissSlimbody(f): 1:46pm On Jun 29, 2015
MuhdG:

#NO.

Don't you get it?
Its either is Islam or none
I thought as much.
Thanks for being sinceresmiley
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by wisefizz(m): 1:47pm On Jun 29, 2015
yusufbida:

What are saying someone is worshiping One God and d oda worshiping Three in one God and you ve d gort to telling me it s dsame God dey are worshiping.

Common use ur head now

Bro, u are just getting them wrong.. Do ur mathematics well...
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by murtalaa(m): 1:50pm On Jun 29, 2015
Yomieluv:
My fiance called me on thursday that she's converting to a moslem.

Actually,she was a muslim,but when the mum was going through financial difficulties while growing up,she and her brother went to stay at her uncle's place,who happens to practice christian,which made her practice the family's religion.

She has gone back this year to her mum's place,because her place of industrial attachment is very close to her mum's place.

I thought she was joking,till she came to my side yesterday,and observed her prayer the muslim way.

I haven't made any comment,or taken any decision on that,but my fear is that

1. This is a lady I want t get married to in few months' time.

2. I practise christianity,and I know the importance of uniformity of religion to married couple,and children.

3. I have been worried since,am I over reacting to it?

4. Has anybody been in this situation before,whereby hubby,and wife practise different religion?

5. Should I be worried,or I insist on her to practice christianity?

I need contribution,and advice on how to handle the difference in religion,if eventually we get married.

CC: lalasticlala.
Her conversion is not the problem. Your conversion to Islam is. If she's s true Muslim then marriage between the two of you is forbidden except if you convert to Islam. Christian women are however allowed to marry Muslim men. So let me in advance welcome you to to Islam, brother.

1 Like

Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by falopey: 1:54pm On Jun 29, 2015
kimond101:
Before addressing he question I'll first congratulate your fiancee for receiving guidance to the right path.

A little Islamic fundamentals for you:
A muslim is one who worships God alone without associating partners inn worship with him.
Now what is the religion of Abraham, Jacob, Moses, Joseph, David since they all came before Christ. The answer is Islam(People who submit to God without associating partners in worship with him).
Jesus Christ the Messiah, Son of Mary is a blessed prophet and messenger of God. His creation is a display of God greatness.
God created Adam from nothing(Clay), Eve from Adam (man), Jesus from Mary (woman), and you and I from our parents (Man and Woman). This indicates that God is indeed able to do all things.
Abraham was sent as a messenger, same was Noah, Moses, David, Jesus, and Mohammed. And we're given scriptures as a guidance to their people. Jesus Christ was given the gospel as a guidance for the people of Isreal. And whoever doesn't follow his guidance would not be successful in the hereafter. The guidance of the gospel as revealed to Jesus is the true guidance. But with all due respect man has added some words into the Bibles we have today. But the pure scripture that God revealed to Jesus indicates Jesus saying:
My Father is greater than I. Jesus never called himself God in the bible.
Back to the question would muslims enter paradise. Yes they would by the Grace of God. But only those who are obedient to the commandments of God and do not take partners with God and believe in all the books revealed to all the messengers, believe in the angels, preordainment and seek forgiveness from God with sincerity hoping for the best in this life and the hereafter

Now to the question :
Inter religious marriage could be very hard. From Islamic perspective I'll advice that you marry someone who share the same believe as you do. Because when it comes to praying together and raising children problems would develop.
Islam believes if you ascribe partners with God you wouldn't make paradise and Christianity believe if you don't accept that Jesus died for your sins you wouldn't make paradise. The love between couples should extend to the hereafter. So husband and wife with same believe would have faith in attaining the paradise that they aspire.
But I'll advice you learn about islam who knows you might be the next revert.

Is that how they deceive you at your mosque telling you that the religion of Moses, David, Jacob, Joseph, Abraham and other prophets before Jesus was islam? All these people you mentioned lived in the land of Israel and Palestine of today. Non of them had lived in Mecca. They all left their indelible mark their till today. Their descendants and the descendants of their followers practice till today what religion they practiced in their lifetimes which was Judaism not Islam not even Christianity. By the way, when did Islam come into the world? About 600 years after Christ. That was when Muhammad was born. So who are you to tell me that it's not Mohamed that started Islam. Islam did not exist before him and he was the first to practise the religion. So stop claiming what is not. Moses brought the children of Israel from Egypt to where they are today. He didn't take them to Mecca. He didn't practise Islam with them rather Judaism. . It was the religion Moses practiced with them and left with them they practice today. David was a king in Israel not in Mecca. All these prophets including Jesus were Jews, not Arabs. There was no element of Islam in Israel and Palestine region of today until around the 9th century time of the conquest of the region by Islamic jihadists. The people that had lived around that place had practiced Judaism, Christianity and not Islam. The conquest of the region ushered in Islam. And this was the region all those prophets lived their lives. So stop deceiving people that that some people practiced a religion that never existed in their lifetime.
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by ghettodreamz(m): 1:55pm On Jun 29, 2015
priscillawill:

stop trying to confuse baby christain. '.......in the beginning was the word an the word was God read for understanding, john 1:1-14. The Jesus you say you know is different from the one in the bible.

Don't mind the half-educated guy. That's how they go about preaching or spreading what they had no much knowledge about, in the name of sentiments and instigating a religious e-war. They think by mere reading of the Bible, they have all the understandings of the inherent and deeper meanings of the word. They only scratch the word of God (Bible) on the surface with their layman knowledge and understanding, trying so hard to paint the word of God in a way that befits and help them propagate their erroneous teaching and mis-interpretation of the word of God to the unsuspecting and young Christians who don't study their Bible constantly or have little or no in-depth understanding of the meaning of the word of God. The Bible is God's word and it's perfectly written by God's people through his ordained AND anointed of the old, through the help and guidance of the Holy spirit for the chosen people who are saved by the redemptive work of the salvation of our Lord Jesus Christ on the cross of Calvary.

1 Like

Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by manyus(m): 2:00pm On Jun 29, 2015
oplbycar:
THERE WILL BE PROBLEM. ISLAM NEVER PERMITS A MUSLIM LADY TO MARRY A CHRISTAIN MAN. A STAUNCH CHRISTAIN AND A STAUNCH MUSLIM CANNOT COHABIT SUCCESSFULLY UNDER THE SAME ROOF. PEACE AND VIOLENCE CAN NEVER ATTRACTS.

ITS NOT ALL CRISES THAT CAN BE SOLVED DIPLOMATICALLY. YOU MAKE USE OF FORCE WHERE NECESSARY.

A MAN IS THE HEAD OF THE FAMILY, AUTOMATICALLY HIS RELIGION SHOULD BE THE FAMILY RELIGION.

THIS IS THE ADVICE I CAN GIVE YOU.

See foolish talk for your bird mouth
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by mukhcech(m): 2:03pm On Jun 29, 2015
wisefizz:

Them done start again.... This is hw they start religious war.... Who told u say there is no light in Christianity?

Mind u, I'm a muslim

its either u are a liar or an ignorant, the former is more likely cos when u used ''them'', u were not inclusive in ur bigoted and prejudiced thought. A muslim that knows what islam is about would never say there is light in christianity. If there is light there why u be muslim then.
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by kimond101: 2:03pm On Jun 29, 2015
falopey:

Is that how they brainwash you at your mosque telling you that the religion of Moses, David, Jacob, Joseph, Abraham and other prophets before Jesus was islam? All these people you mentioned lived in the land of Israel and Palestine of today. Non of them had lived in Mecca. They all left their indelible mark their till today. Their descendants and the descendants of their followers practice till today what religion they practiced in their lifetimes which was Judaism not Islam not even Christianity. By the way, when did Islam come into the world? About 600 years after Christ. That was when Muhammad was born. So who are you to tell me that it's not Mohamed that started Islam. Islam did not exist before him and he was the first to practise the religion. So stop claiming what is not. Moses brought the children of Israel from Egypt to where they are today. He didn't take them to Mecca. He didn't practise Islam with them rather Judaism. . It was the religion Moses practiced with them and left with them they practice today. David was a king in Israel not in Mecca. All these prophets including Jesus were Jews, not Arabs. There was no element of Islam in Israel and Palestine region of today until around the 9th century time of the conquest of the region by Islamic jihadists. The people that had lived around that place had practiced Judaism, Christianity and not Islam. The conquest of the region ushered in Islam. And this was the region all those prophets lived their lives. So stop deceiving people that that some people practiced a religion that never existed in their lifetime.
Islam means submission to the will of God. Islam is not an arabian religion. It is the way of submitting to God right from the time of Adam. God sent different prophet and messenger to only remind us that only one God is worthy of worship.
Have you ever wondered if you were given birth to in a forest without civilization and religion where your subconscious mind would tend to? Ofcourse it would tend to only God alone because that is the religion of every human being before the family we get born.into converts us to their religion.
May God guide us all.
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by ghettodreamz(m): 2:09pm On Jun 29, 2015
@Yomieluv;

Bringing this to NL shows you really don't know what exactly you want in a marriage yourself; which means you are indecisive of where you stand in the situation. If I were you, I wouldn't let that day go by without sitting her down and expressing my stand to her on the issue. I believe for you to have decided you want to settle down with her, you two must have been together for some months if not years. How come you haven't seen the traces, the tendencies or likelihood of her returning back to her old vomits? It shows, she was never really interested in Christianity but only practices it because of the uncle she was staying with at the time you both met. You are lucky to have seen her praying the Muslim way, and I think for the good of yourself, your unknown future, herself and your unborn kids; it is imperative you discuss with her and let her know your standpoint on the subject-matter and that way you two would be able to reach an agreement or save yourself some undue problems and avoidable situations that could be catastrophic and disastrous to your matrimonial home leading to undue unrest and lack of peaceful co-existence.

No doubt, there are successful marriages with people from different religious background. In same vein, a lot of inter-religious marriages or homes have been torn apart. You are better off and stand a lot of gains and benefits practicing same religion with your would-be wife, and don't forget making the right decision now is not only doing yourself a BIG favour, but also your unborn kids.

And please note, a broken relationship is much more better than a broken marriage.

Your future is in your hands; so, think and act swiftly and wisely.

All the best!
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by Conrad117(m): 2:14pm On Jun 29, 2015
anybody has the right for religion so he should go ahead
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jun 29, 2015
kimond101:

Islam means submission to the will of God. Islam is not an arabian religion. It is the way of submitting to God right from the time of Adam. God sent different prophet and messenger to only remind us that only one God is worthy of worship.
Have you ever wondered if you were given birth to in a forest without civilization and religion where your subconscious mind would tend to? Ofcourse it would tend to only God alone because that is the religion of every human being before the family we get born.into converts us to their religion.
May God guide us all.

to further buttress your point see how some Prophets worship God according to the Bible:
) Jesus
" and he went a little farther and fell on his face [/b]and prayed,”
(Matthew 26:39)

2) MOSES AND AARON:
"then Moses and Aaron went away from the assaembly to the entrance of the tent and [b]fell on their faces
, "
(numbers 20:6)

3) ABRAHAM
"And Abram fell on his face,
(Genesis 17:3)

4) JOSHUA
", and Joshua [b]fell on his face [/b]to the earth and did worship, "
(Joshua 5:14)

5) MUHAMMAD (SAW) was commanded in the glorious Qura’n thus:

…Fall prostrate and draw near to Allah
(96:19)

Everyday millions of muslims prostrate (fall on their faces) in total submission to Allah the creator of every body and everthing.

3 Likes

Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by bellong: 2:23pm On Jun 29, 2015
mashnino:

Not simple..

Letting go is not simple..

for him to say he is getting married to her in few months time

then you know he is really deep in the relationship...

but sha anyways...na still break-up go happen...

but e no go funny

It is not simple because your mind is conditioned to it not simple. There are thousands of ladies that can better her. Nobody is inevitable
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by koladebrainiac(m): 2:23pm On Jun 29, 2015
Yomieluv:

Actually,she was a muslim,but when the mum was going through financial difficulties while growing up,she and her brother went to stay at her uncle's place,who happens to practice christian,which made her practice the family's religion.

She has gone back this year to her mum's place,because her place of industrial attachment is very close to her mum's place.

I thought she was joking,till she came to my side yesterday,and observed her prayer the muslim way.

2. I practise christianity,and I know the importance of uniformity of religion to married couple,and children.

4. Has anybody been in this situation before,whereby hubby,and wife practise different religion?

I need contribution,and advice on how to handle the difference in religion,if eventually we get married.

WELL usually she may have someone who want to marry her and just playing u. she knows u wont accept it and she will use that has an excuse to break up. so to find out, confront her,and see what will happen. tell her she cant do that to you. girls are not to be trusted.

nb
it is not that good for couple to have separate religion. u already divided your would children .
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by Emyben(m): 2:28pm On Jun 29, 2015
ramalot:

Would you have made this same statement if it was the other way around?
I highly doubt it.

There was this thread from a certain lady in Muslims section calling for advice on whether to marry her Christian fiancee or to wait and Marry a muslim even as a second wife.

You all including you adviced her to terminate the relationship and marry the muslim man as a second wife or to wait.

Why didnt u advise her to marry the Christian since she loves him?

Why is ya advise to Yomieluv different from the advise you gave your Muslim sister?
#hypocrites
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by eluquenson(m): 2:30pm On Jun 29, 2015
Going back to her previous religion which is Islam is the best thing that could have happened to her.
I believe she would explain to you why she made the decision without notifying you.

Get your self acquainted with all Islamic knowledge here.

www.bettermuslims.com
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by Abokii8(m): 2:30pm On Jun 29, 2015
[quote author=wisefizz post=35277982]

Them done start again.... This is hw they start religious war.... Who told u say there is no light in Christianity? You must be an infidel
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by whyx06(m): 2:34pm On Jun 29, 2015
Binb:

to further buttress your point see how some Prophets worship God according to the Bible:
) Jesus

2) MOSES AND AARON:
"then Moses and Aaron went away from the assaembly to the entrance of the tent and [b]fell on their faces
, "

3) ABRAHAM

4) JOSHUA

Everyday millions of muslims prostrate (fall on their faces) in total submission to Allah the creator of every body and everthing.

Furthermore, Islam is a religion in which it's practice everywhere in the world with one language (Al-Quran ). The same Suratul Al-Fatial use to pray in Nigeria we b use in Germany, American, Spain etcetera but other religion like ****** have different language they make use to call upon there Jesus as God ( A German we use a German language to call him, same as Spanish, French etcetera...) in which there's know unique language for them.

I'm happy am a Muslim that pray five times daily to give thanks to my God without having any interference...
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by Marthaodion(f): 2:35pm On Jun 29, 2015
If u are genuinely a Christian, after talking with her and she is made up on Islam. Guy forget am, u can't marry her. If u were already married and this came up, then we will be talking of trying to agree with each other.

1 Like

Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by Fynpatra(f): 2:45pm On Jun 29, 2015
wisefizz:

Them done start again.... This is hw they start religious war.... Who told u say there is no light in Christianity?

Mind u, I'm a muslim
Thank u sooo much for that
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by whoisuche: 2:46pm On Jun 29, 2015
Yomieluv:

Preach to her if she refuses leave her
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by falopey: 2:51pm On Jun 29, 2015
Binb:

) Jesus

2) MOSES AND AARON:
, "

3) ABRAHAM

4) JOSHUA

That your point is too cheap my brother. Falling on one's face is not exclusive to any religion. Every religion does it. Christian s do it. Just that Muslims do it more often. I do it in prayer. May be once in a while. It's just a simple way of worshipping and exalting God. Even babalawo does it to worship his god. Asian religions do it to their idols. Falling down on one's face is not exclusively Islamic.
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by dmaygee(m): 2:56pm On Jun 29, 2015
Depends on how you want it. If it's fine with you and won't affect your choice of religion, embrace the change.
I'm a Muslim and my wife is a Christian. We've been married for 3 years now with kids.
I drive her to church every Sunday, and I go to my Asalatu. One does not disturb the other.
The Onus lies on you as the man if you can actually take it or not.
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by Bonapart(m): 2:58pm On Jun 29, 2015
Gurgle:

the islam/Christianity bashing
just know this that Jehovah is not Allah..... we don't serve the same God
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by JummyIR: 3:06pm On Jun 29, 2015
Y ar someppl finding it diff to believe d guy dat said he is a musulumi? Huh, jst because d guy is saying d truth nw he is no more part of you, shame. I dnt jst undastand, d musulumis knws d truth but dey can't accept it cos der father has blindfolded dem frm seeing d truth, so dey keep denying d truth.

@Op pls dnt be deceived by satan, dis is a true test of ur faith. U ar nt to be enticed by d lust of flesh, d lust of d eyes nor d pride of life 1John 2:16. Pls stand for the truth you already had received for JESUS only is d WAY, d TRUTH n d LIFE and anytin outside dis is doom for whosoever.

A woman dat changes like cameleons under any situation is dangerous, she can be compelled to kill you in future, pls run for ur life, it does not worth it to marry her cos ur wedding is close by n den subject ursef to torture by putting ursef under a life time bondage, a broken engagemt is d best especially wen d road is very dark like dis. Av u forgotten what d bible asked you? Let me remind you n den provide d answer for ursef "what friendship does light has wit darkness or what is d relationship between God's temple n mamon"? U ar a child of light n ur body is His temple as well!!! Read John 8:12, 1 Cor 6:19-20 and 2Cor 6:14-18.

Dnt make ursef miserable cos of a lady dat does nt yet knw hersef. If she promises to change don't believe her, make sure she sees d light(JESUS CHRIST) and accept HIM genuinely bfor u proceed wit ur marriage if not please let her go, she is not meant for you.

I am a proud christian wife of a christian husband and my husband is wallowing in peace because we ar children of peace and not of WAR.

Rev 3:20-22, eni ba leti ko gbo o. SHALOM

1 Like

Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by missyruq(f): 3:19pm On Jun 29, 2015
MuhdG:
Alhamdulillah.

If she wants to practice islam allow her and support her if you truly love her.

She must have seen the light in Islam.. so why don't you ask her to show it to you.
dat's jz it
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by maasoap(m): 3:21pm On Jun 29, 2015
According to op and the circumstances, she was never a Christian. OP, move on because if this girl is back in Islam, it is just a matter of time before she ends the relationship with you. It is not up you, believe me.
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by Chinweukamaka(f): 3:22pm On Jun 29, 2015
Pls examine her very well,i am sure she has been possesed by an evil spirit
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by mashnino(m): 3:32pm On Jun 29, 2015
bellong:

It is not simple because your mind is conditioned to it not simple. There are thousands of ladies that can better her. Nobody is inevitable
Wooo... Calm down

But my man. Dis is nt an object... It is a lady

And love is also involved
Re: She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. by Bakrabas: 3:35pm On Jun 29, 2015
Yomieluv:
I said few months,meaning I have done the necessary things.
.wait you've done the "necessary things" like...your parent ve met with her family? and her father and mother said you can marry their daughter? mind you her uncle doesnt ve the final say,have you paid anythin 2 her family? i want you to sideline her uncle dat converted her to xtianity n deal with her parent directly...let mi tel you she only embrace xtianity because of her mum financial constraint,you are just an opportunist but she didnt embrace xtianity wit sincerity she only concord cos of d condition."if you cant join them,leave them".i wil recommend 4 u one of d acadip clips tittle "religion of harmony:let us reason together" so that there can be unity by yussuf adepoju check youtube.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

40-year-old Man Remanded In Prison For Enticing Married Muslim Woman / Facebook Couple Celebrate 4th Anniversary Of Meeting (photos) / Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.