Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,394 members, 7,815,840 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation (43437 Views)

Heathrow Airport Tweets About Burna Boy's Arrival In The UK See What Happened / Wizkid Tweets About Song With Drake Topping Itunes Gets Epic Reply From Fan(pic / From One Baby-daddy To Another! Wizkid Tweets In Solidarity Of Davido (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by Nobody: 12:52am On Jun 30, 2015
glimpse33:
because you did not win the award abi if he had won, he would have tweeted sh!t like 'Another Starboy achievement, yagaaa' mtchewwww this kid needs to develop an aldult brain tho..

shout out to stonebwouy from Ghana for bagging the award
am shocked u cnt undastnd wat hs tweets means

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by Revolva(m): 12:56am On Jun 30, 2015
grin grin grin WELL I LIKE WHAT WIZKID DID..YES ITS HIGH TIME OUR ARTIST BONE DEM..WHAT BLACK ENTERTAINMENT AWARD IF THEY ARE DISCRIMINATING THEIR FELLOW AFRICANS

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by fr3do(m): 1:05am On Jun 30, 2015
AAinEqGuinea:

as scorned and subservient as physical slavery sounds, one doesnt need to be in shackles anymore to be mentally enslaved.

It seems the admittance or fear of being mentally enslaved is in itself mental slavery.
Let's just forget about being enslaved to the white men and push for our BEST INTEREST and respect each other, then the feeling of being master will be nothing but vague imaginations in the white man's mind.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by Nobody: 1:07am On Jun 30, 2015
Feranmicharles:
God himself will punish you for saying this. Oloshi oponu odehangry
Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by Phut(f): 1:10am On Jun 30, 2015
vheMa:
really!? BET is no longer blacks Pls reply

It was purchased by Viacom which also owns MTV, CBS and Nickelodeon.

3 Likes

Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by Nobody: 1:14am On Jun 30, 2015
BET IS NO LONGER BET
WETIN SAM SMITH DEY FIND THERE?

3 Likes

Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by Phut(f): 1:21am On Jun 30, 2015
Okay people, please google BET and find out who the current owners are: white/Jewish people. In fact they should change the name from BET because that name is misleading.

If you want to watch black owned TV, it should be OWN (Oprah Winfrey Network).

You people should stop fighting your brothers and sisters for nothing
Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by Xfemt(m): 1:29am On Jun 30, 2015
glimpse33:
because you did not win the award abi if he had won, he would have tweeted sh!t like 'Another Starboy achievement, yagaaa' mtchewwww this kid needs to develop an aldult brain tho..

chaii !!!
ur folishness na first class
jst tell us d truth to read tire u

3 Likes

Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by Nobody: 1:30am On Jun 30, 2015
Mrchippychappy:
BET awards wen dem dey call Iggy and Bieber to perform on stage but they can't give a fellow African his / her award on stage.
It's a big shame!! Do they think AAs will abandon American hip hop if they listen to Wizkid perform on stage?
Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by ayoJ21(m): 1:30am On Jun 30, 2015
[quote author=glimpse33 post=35301642][b]because you did not win the award abi if he had won, he would have tweeted sh!t like 'Another Starboy achievement, yagaaa' mtchewwww this kid needs to develop an aldult brain tho..

shout out to stonebwouy from Ghana for bagging the award[/ b][/quot FOOL!
Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by TYNNNNKs: 2:02am On Jun 30, 2015
glimpse33:

ANIMAL!!!.....don't you have sense of reasoning?.... ~now go back to the post and read it between the line then come back to comment when your brains has been put back together!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by bezimo(m): 2:33am On Jun 30, 2015
OmoUSH:
I laugh!
Look at inferior monkeys saying they boycott BET! Who gives a fvck about this inferior, unknown wannabes, mtcheeew! Humans are talking, these ones too are claiming they have voice. BET cannot even notice all these crappy tweets. Global legendary entertainer like Beiber is bigger than BET as a whole though.

BET SHOULD BE ADORED FOR EVEN NOMINATING THESE TALENTLESS CRAPS OF A BUNCH OF USELESS NONENTITIES!

Reasonable minds are talking, you are here advertising how disgusting,crass and shallow you are.Yuck!!! I think you are shit!!! How dare you, who gave you the temerity to vomit this disgusting piece of trash you just wrote.
You are better off to have being aborted.You don't deserve a place among humans and not even animals.

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by Godsbaby1(f): 2:53am On Jun 30, 2015
loomer:
I laugh in urhobo
rhurhurhunanananavwreeeeedooooo
Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by Swank: 3:24am On Jun 30, 2015
FELA KUTI would approved of this. blacks can't treat other blacks like that. Wtf is bet? I bet davido would have arrived there around 8:00am to display everything he has. Lol

3 Likes

Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by Seventeen(f): 3:24am On Jun 30, 2015
chimajii:
Has he in anytime asked them why this award isn't being handed out on prime time? Why feel marginalized? Is he not aware that not all awards in an award show are handed out LIVE? Someone hit this kid with a Bag of Rock!!..BET again isn't even worried one bit to say the least.
dats right... I dont think dey even care, so he should save his energy.
Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by GentleToks(m): 3:43am On Jun 30, 2015
chimajii:
Sorry, but if this is true? And not a photoshop waka...He just Shot Himself in the foot. Lol @ him thinking he's all that. Hahah...u'd remember ds day. That's if BET gets wind of this Tweet he sent out. lipsrsealed

Slave mentality!!!!

Nigerians made him not Americans. BET is a freaking afrophobic TV station.

This is d reason why Black Americans deserve whatever they get from their white counterpart. If Black Americans are in the position of white Americans, they would do worse thing.........

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by redcliff: 4:24am On Jun 30, 2015
musiwax:
No sign of remorse, comment is lacking in basic etiquette. And why is he lolling ?
Main reason why kids should not be allowed on social media, his stingy ass doesn't want to pay a publicist.

You must be very silly

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by ericmor: 4:29am On Jun 30, 2015
can you please tell me the level of nicki minaj songs to wizkid songs and how well do the world know wizkid to nicki? now tell me, if you are to present one of the two to the world, will it be the person they know or the one that they don't even know what he or she does. you guys have forgotten that they even do it to themselves. no time people

southniyikaye:
u people don't even understand, should I call it racism or under estimation?they give the likes of nicki minaj and other s award in the main event but give Africans award back stage before the show begins and they even interview behind the stage,for how long must they treat us that way? If they could do this at BET,then it's a clear message Africans shouldn't dream of GRAMMY
Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by Misternas89(m): 4:40am On Jun 30, 2015
delishpot:

Who offend you fa? Dem don send you follow me? I asked for peace tonight why are demons sending agents to insult and attack me like this fa? Oga, do I owe you? Biko, if e vex you fa, no vex again fa.
Bad boy ni bobo yi fa, Shey Omo kwara ni iwo ni faa? Looool faa
Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by Mekky2010: 4:50am On Jun 30, 2015
musiwax:
No sign of remorse, comment is lacking in basic etiquette. And why is he lolling ?
Main reason why kids should not be allowed on social media, his stingy ass doesn't want to pay a publicist.

Are you insane or something, that you don't have value for yourself doesn't mean others don't, he just did the most honorable thing any human with self worth should do.

Wizkid just gained 1 extra fan.

As for you Musiwax, If you like you can go clean the venue toilets, that's probably all that you are worth.

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by Nobody: 4:51am On Jun 30, 2015
Abbey2sam:

BET didn't make wizkid, so what do you think they can do to him? [size=30pt]nothing[/size]

in 2014 davido and Tiwa was there, but the awards was given to them back stage, they call it BET experience, i call it BET ridiculing our artists
thats saying they are not good enough for the main award show.......................

i've never really agreed with wizkid on any thing on social media but i'm with him on this..

some people will come and type rubbish here, saying hes rude, hes a kid hes blah ! blah ! blah !......i rather be a lion in the jungle than a goat in a city

and they don't even know what BET means

No mind dem jarey, na so D'banj form Americana until hin lick all d shiitt wey dey Kanye West yansh finish...where hin career dey today? Nowhere to be found....hin go dey regret secretly now but it's ego dat won't let him retrace his steps. Ride on Wizzy!

The white man has made the Black Americans so inferior dat they have to treat their core Africans like shiiitt so as to receive validation from d white...ds is a form of Psychological bleaching. I've never been intimidated by a white man...I speak to them with so much confidence they have to bow eventually. The black Americans are even d most difficult to deal with, they speak so much phonetics and get angry with you for not giving 2fuuccks about them.

Once more Ride on Wizzy! Kosiyawere!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by Caseless: 4:51am On Jun 30, 2015
southniyikaye:
u people don't even understand, should I call it racism or under estimation?they give the likes of nicki minaj and other s award in the main event but give Africans award back stage before the show begins and they even interview behind the stage,for how long must they treat us that way? If they could do this at BET,then it's a clear message Africans shouldn't dream of GRAMMY

Wow!
If so, wizkid just won my love.

*heads to their Twitter page*
Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by redcliff: 4:56am On Jun 30, 2015
chimajii:
Has he in anytime asked them why this award isn't being handed out on prime time? Why feel marginalized? Is he not aware that not all awards in an award show are handed out LIVE? Someone hit this kid with a Bag of Rock!!..BET again isn't even worried one bit to say the least.

Our guys are equally not worried one bit to say the least too.. afterall it was not america that made wizkid rich..

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by redcliff: 5:09am On Jun 30, 2015
ideatoprince18:
fuse odg did not show,.....wizkid did not show....pls give d award to airforce1...he will collect it even though it is backyard award

You must be very silly

3 Likes

Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by Nobody: 5:28am On Jun 30, 2015
CFCfan:

It's a big shame!! Do they think AAs will abandon American hip hop if they listen to Wizkid perform on stage?

Sorry who are AAs?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by eromspete(m): 5:44am On Jun 30, 2015
Classifying African artistes in with your bolded text below is wrong...

Beiber aint a legend... and he's also not Black.

Owo ni koko in the end... Nigerian artistes are making money in Africa anyway so who really needs the validation of your 'hallowed' BET?

OmoUSH:
I laugh!
Look at inferior monkeys saying they boycott BET! Who gives a fvck about this inferior, unknown wannabes, mtcheeew! Humans are talking, these ones too are claiming they have voice. BET cannot even notice all these crappy tweets. Global legendary entertainer like Beiber is bigger than BET as a whole though.

BET SHOULD BE ADORED FOR EVEN NOMINATING THESE TALENTLESS CRAPS OF A BUNCH OF USELESS NONENTITIES!

Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by Nobody: 5:52am On Jun 30, 2015
He's right!
Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by newmusic: 6:02am On Jun 30, 2015
He's right on this, speaking the truth. Don't you guys understand English ?
Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by delishpot: 6:11am On Jun 30, 2015
NgwaManNaija4LF:

Fucck off,I hate this nonesense Ghanaian language with passion.

Ok sir, I have heard you fa.

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by delishpot: 6:16am On Jun 30, 2015
Misternas89:

Bad boy ni bobo yi fa, Shey Omo kwara ni iwo ni faa? Looool faa

My brother, No fa. Mi o shey omo kwara fa. Epkele Sir, o abi eyin na ri bi bobo yen shey fuuk mi ni igba gbogbo. Kin to la enu mi soro a kigbe fuuuukk off fa.
Anyhow sha, have a wonderful day today fa.

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by Nobody: 6:29am On Jun 30, 2015
Mekky2010:

Are you insane or something, that you don't have value for yourself doesn't mean others don't, he just did the most honorable thing any human with self worth should do.

Wizkid just gained 1 extra fan.

As for you Musiwax, If you like you can go clean the venue toilets, that's probably all that you are worth.

I shouldn't reply to your ill thought out inference, but on this occasion I will. Unless you lack comprehension skills, or you simply don't know how to state your views and in order to mask your deficiencies you resort to insults. There's no where in my post where I said wizkid is wrong in throwing shades at BET, I said he needs to state his grievances in a more professional way, not like a 12 year old.

P.didy had an altercation with the police recently at his son's school, did he "lol" about it? No he didn't, he responded as a professional that has a reputation because he didn't see himself as an individual, but has a brand. Before Wizkid typed those tweets, he needed to ask himself, how does this help me close the next endorsement or deal, what will this add to my brand.

In business there's no room for emotions, you rather focus on how the next decision will benefit your enterprise in the long run, that's why the likes of D'Banj are closing deals almost every month, from Ciroc to Beats to United Nations.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by Nobody: 6:37am On Jun 30, 2015
robinicule:
nice. slam them

Na so bro

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Wizkid's Face Off With AliKiba At Chris Brown's Concert In Kenya / Mercy Johnson Wows In New Beautiful Photo / Bobrisky Apologises To MC Galaxy: "He Gave Me Money Tonight, Knows I’m A Girl"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.