Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation (43440 Views)

Heathrow Airport Tweets About Burna Boy's Arrival In The UK See What Happened / Wizkid Tweets About Song With Drake Topping Itunes Gets Epic Reply From Fan(pic / From One Baby-daddy To Another! Wizkid Tweets In Solidarity Of Davido (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by delishpot: 6:40am On Jun 30, 2015
ericmor:
can you please tell me the level of nicki minaj songs to wizkid songs and how well do the world know wizkid to nicki? now tell me, if you are to present one of the two to the world, will it be the person they know or the one that they don't even know what he or she does. you guys have forgotten that they even do it to themselves. no time people

Look, if they want, they can bring any musician and promote him on that BET stage. Niki was promoted, Ariana Grande was promoted. That Niki is well known doesnt stop promoters from pushing a new talent to the front if they are interested in doing so. I believe they dont have interest for Africa based musician for now. I hope I explained it well sha.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by abeniagbon(m): 6:52am On Jun 30, 2015
southniyikaye:
u people don't even understand, should I call it racism or under estimation?they give the likes of nicki minaj and other s award in the main event but give Africans award back stage before the show begins and they even interview behind the stage,for how long must they treat us that way? If they could do this at BET,then it's a clear message Africans shouldn't dream of GRAMMY
If true that's bad. Preshow suck
Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by dayosweetness(m): 7:05am On Jun 30, 2015
musiwax:
No sign of remorse, comment is lacking in basic etiquette. And why is he lolling ?
Main reason why kids should not be allowed on social media, his stingy ass doesn't want to pay a publicist.

Modified:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This was a response to someone earlier, had to repost it here to clarify my stand.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There's no where in my post where I said wizkid is wrong in throwing shades at BET, I said he needs to state his grievances in a more professional way, not like a 12 year old.

P.didy had an altercation with the police recently at his son's school, did he "lol" about it? No he didn't, he responded as a professional that has a reputation because he didn't see himself as an individual, but has a brand. Before Wizkid typed those tweets, he needed to ask himself, how does this help me close the next endorsement or deal, what will this add to my brand.

In business there's no room for emotions, you rather focus on how the next decision will benefit your enterprise in the long run, that's why the likes of D'Banj are closing deals almost every month, from Ciroc to Beats to United Nations.
what remorse, u dont av sense at all, cant u see he is nt cool wot d idea of givin him award before the main show??
Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by Themandator: 7:13am On Jun 30, 2015
He got it right.... Either the proper thing or nothing.

They made their names and money without the so called award and will continue on the strength of their marketing and talent

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by HirstMOG(m): 7:14am On Jun 30, 2015
Nyaknor:

Common sense is not common.

You are the biggest mumu on the planet earth. Do I have to ask for your opinion before I place comment If you ever quote me again, fire will burn your generation. Idiot.
Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by tottinova: 7:21am On Jun 30, 2015
osaslord500:
What is this dude feeling like?

The guy dey tok truth na, how will they give you your award before the show (backstage) while they give your fellow blacks on stage during the show Isn't that racist. Black Americans believe they are superior to africans. They've forgotten their roots.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by bamite(m): 7:21am On Jun 30, 2015
glimpse33:
because you did not win the award abi if he had won, he would have tweeted sh!t like 'Another Starboy achievement, yagaaa' mtchewwww this kid needs to develop an aldult brain tho..

shout out to stonebwouy from Ghana for bagging the award
mumu on the loose, why display ur ignorance for d whole world to see? How did stonebwoi win an award that has not yet held?
Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by glimpse33(m): 7:22am On Jun 30, 2015
bamite:
mumu on the loose, why display ur ignorance for d whole world to see? How did stonebwoi win an award that has not yet held?
Google bro!
Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by lusciouslex: 7:23am On Jun 30, 2015
grammarcop:

There's a difference between an African-American AND an African.
Why not school Tiwa and Wizkid for they don't even know the basics - singular and plural. "Plenty man and all the man" respectively? English Police based in Surulere, 'with, and' are conjunctions. So, what is it with the most suitable? Are you a WAEC examiner?

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by babamadiba(m): 7:24am On Jun 30, 2015
osaslord500:
What is this dude feeling like?
he feels dey should give the award same time as other black American artists, no discrimination. That is what he feels like.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by roselynbas(f): 7:27am On Jun 30, 2015
chimajii:
Has he in anytime asked them why this award isn't being handed out on prime time? Why feel marginalized? Is he not aware that not all awards in an award show are handed out LIVE? Someone hit this kid with a Bag of Rock!!..BET again isn't even worried one bit to say the least.

please, give a list of artist who were presented awards back stage. Your answer will be obvious to you. He's a business man with competent advisers, please enough with the lashing!
Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by seankay(m): 7:31am On Jun 30, 2015
I have to agree wif wizkid on this

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by grammarcop(m): 7:33am On Jun 30, 2015
lusciouslex:
Why not school Tiwa and Wizkid for they don't even know the basics - singular and plural. "Plenty man and all the man" respectively? English Police based in Surulere, 'with, and' are conjunctions. So, what is it with the most suitable? Are you a WAEC examiner?

"and" is the most suitable, and "with" is a preposition NOT a conjunction.
Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by chukzzy1(m): 7:45am On Jun 30, 2015
chimajii:
Has he in anytime asked them why this award isn't being handed out on prime time? Why feel marginalized? Is he not aware that not all awards in an award show are handed out LIVE? Someone hit this kid with a Bag of Rock!!..BET again isn't even worried one bit to say the least.
they're not worried ke? They're furious. Even Fuse ODG boycotted the event!..
Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by grammarcop(m): 7:46am On Jun 30, 2015
lusciouslex:

He used the preposition"between" first, and because a preposition defines the relationship between nouns, the other preposition "with" is useless. Hence, a conjunction comes in.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by loomer: 7:49am On Jun 30, 2015
Godsbaby1:
rhurhurhunanananavwreeeeedooooo

Ur own come pass my own o
Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by ekefre4(m): 7:51am On Jun 30, 2015
chimajii:
Sorry, but if this is true? And not a photoshop waka...He just Shot Himself in the foot. Lol @ him thinking he's all that. Hahah...u'd remember ds day. That's if BET gets wind of this Tweet he sent out. lipsrsealed
What will BET do? Olodo.
Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by lusciouslex: 7:51am On Jun 30, 2015
naanxie:

But on one is going on stage to perform. Its an award that they won fair and square on their platform! The least they could do was to respect them and honour their brand name, otherwise scrap the category. Even if its psquare,na still backyard things! FYI, even international stars don't even regard BET as such, it's about the least of them all!
Dude, you don't agree our artists are inferior to 'em black niggas, do you? Some people have to learn English 1st before they want to feel among. What was it with Ice Prince when interviewed on stage by Sam last year? He said nothing but kept repeating 'you know what am saying' that "fvck you" could have been his next line. Davido's nose block and sore throat were equally a notable flop. Ask Kcee about his grammy experience last year and he'll sincerely tell you we don't fit in. #Fake people just dey monkey around. What could possibly make Sound Sultan organize a basketball all stars weekend in Lagos instead of a traditional wrestling or football? Who are the lovers of basketball in this country? Who are the basketball players when: 3pointers, free throws, ball play, stunts, costumes are all below average? #Crab

3 Likes

Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by Nobody: 7:51am On Jun 30, 2015
Phut:

It was purchased by Viacom which also owns MTV, CBS and Nickelodeon.
oh I seeshocked na dem knw shaangry
Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by watchindelta(m): 7:56am On Jun 30, 2015
Fvck BETIN grin
Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by watchindelta(m): 7:58am On Jun 30, 2015
Fvck BETIN grin....
Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by lusciouslex: 7:59am On Jun 30, 2015
[quote author=grammarcop post=35308920]

He used the preposition"between" first, and because a preposition defines the relationship between nouns, the other preposition "with" is useless. Hence, a conjunction comes in.[/quote. Free me!
Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by Nobody: 8:02am On Jun 30, 2015
HirstMOG:

You are the biggest mumu on the planet earth. Do I have to ask for your opinion before I place comment If you ever quote me again, fire will burn your generation. [size=15]ediot[/size].
ishilove someone just bully and invoke insult on meangry
Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by grammarcop(m): 8:02am On Jun 30, 2015
[quote author=lusciouslex post=35309291][/quote]
You are free to go
Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by lusciouslex: 8:04am On Jun 30, 2015
grammarcop:

"and" is the most suitable, and "with" is a preposition NOT a conjunction.
How does it affect my breakfast? Smmhh!

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by Oduduwaboy(m): 8:05am On Jun 30, 2015
chimajii:
You remain a fo.ol forever after the order of Pa jimoh!

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by lusciouslex: 8:08am On Jun 30, 2015
fr3do:

Don't worry!
With the increasing popularity and modernisation of highlife in Nigeria, there would come a time where most Nigerians would be oblivious of american act, be it black or white.
And then American act will be JUNK ACT.
Keep dreaming

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by kestare(m): 8:14am On Jun 30, 2015
chimajii:

You musnt always comment na, in ur mind U r reasoning o. 2nd class Human being

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by chimajii: 8:14am On Jun 30, 2015
GentleToks:

Slave mentality!!!!

Nigerians made him not Americans. BET is a freaking afrophobic TV station.

This is d reason why Black Americans deserve whatever they get from their white counterpart. If Black Americans are in the position of white Americans, they would do worse thing.........

Pls, if you don't know what slave mentality is I'd advice u keep MUTE. U don't have no right whatsoever to tell BET how to run their Show. Do you? Oh u don't like how or when the award is being handed out fine? Just Boycott and Move the heck On. Why drum up storm? If you aren't catching feelings?

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by chimajii: 8:17am On Jun 30, 2015
kestare:

You musnt always comment na, in ur mind U r reasoning o. 2nd class Human being

But way better than your father. Cause my father thought me to respect peoples opinion even if you don't agree with them. If at all u feel the need to talk. Pls, talk in a civilized manner. State ur views and Move ON.
Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by mubarak001(m): 8:25am On Jun 30, 2015
Wizzy boy, no worry ursef, we wey be ur fans/goons go organise one for Aba for u.

Meanwhile,

For your private tutoring in science subjects, training on AutoCAD, archicad, artlantis studio, and chess game in Port Harcourt.
Contact; renadox@yahoo.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Bobrisky Apologises To MC Galaxy: "He Gave Me Money Tonight, Knows I’m A Girl" / IGP Orders Arrest Of Seun Kuti For Slapping A Police Officer / Peter Okoye Hangs Out With Family And Friends (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.