Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation - Celebrities (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation (43487 Views)

Heathrow Airport Tweets About Burna Boy's Arrival In The UK See What Happened / Wizkid Tweets About Song With Drake Topping Itunes Gets Epic Reply From Fan(pic / From One Baby-daddy To Another! Wizkid Tweets In Solidarity Of Davido (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by popcykaylah(m): 10:41am On Jun 30, 2015
vheMa:
some no even watch the eventangry dem dey type rubbishembarassed like d mumu wey I quote up me thereangry
are you dissing me? undecided
Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by Section8(m): 10:41am On Jun 30, 2015
God Bless that nigga thats some true talk
Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by chimajii: 10:44am On Jun 30, 2015
Kolade354:
Kip Deceiving urself........Grammy is not for Africa Artiste........We're still slave to the white and pple like you wont allow Africa to grow......Grammy My Foot!

Deceive? I just gave you FACTs, and that alone got u spinning in circles cause u don't have anything to cling on.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by cap28: 10:46am On Jun 30, 2015
pinkbee:
Black slaves discriminating against free born africans. Lol.

ƪ(˘⌣˘)┐ Tell em wizzy baby!

Black Entertainment Award giving a WHITE GUY (sam smith) best new artist and he even swerved the award because he's not black.

That is a low blow, they didn't ask to be sold into slavery.

By the way Africans are the biggest sell outs and the most subservient set of black people I have ever come across in my life.
You call them slaves but copy their accent, try to dress and look like them and would do anything to live in their country smdh!

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by no2fuks(m): 10:49am On Jun 30, 2015
Abbey2sam:

so why nominating them for the award in the first place since the audience doesn't know who they are, African americans need to feel Superior over some people, now they feel its over "free-born" africans they can be superior.

these is exactly how they were been treated back in the days, now they want to do it to african artiste

I believe they nominate them as a form of encouragement because they have this bet branch in SA. bet is a multi billion dollar industry and naijia music scene is just starting out. seeing that some people are not appreciative they might as well cancel the awards.
Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by chimajii: 10:53am On Jun 30, 2015
senrino:

lols.. sound like a kid yourself.. get your facts right.. wizkid won, but since he didn't attend the pre-show, they gave it to another.. who be stoneboy? lolxxx.

#justsaying

Did you hear urself? 'He won, but since he didn't attend the pre-show they gave it to another".. Really? Just goes to show you where u stand. That's how you people jump into topics and write all sorts of things you don't know JACK about. It is NEVER done anywhere. 1s u're declared the winner, it's Yours. Whether u're there in person or in spirit, the most that could be done is, the organisers have someone accept ur award for you. Or a live vid msg

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by Lionsclaw: 10:59am On Jun 30, 2015
EroticAngelina:
For once I agree with him.
Pride is the beginning of a man's downfall. What was he 10 years ago. Years back he wouldnt have been able to gain a peep through the window of the hall were Nigerian award events were held but today God and hard work has changed d story. Class is a word you cant remove from the dictionary. Forget all the shakara u guys do in Naija, America worked hard to lead the world and dem no be mate with Naija. What Naija music is now is what hiphop was 40yrs ago in US. it is an honour to get any American Award so this kid should relax before he nose dives to oblivion. This is why Dbanj without producing music keeps leading them all. Humility is the word else he will remain a local champ forever. By the way Korode is here and many more kids are springing. I bet you this action can close doors for him from getting any other American based award

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by ericmor: 11:11am On Jun 30, 2015
like i said before, no time my brother and for your information, nicki wasn't promoted by bringing her on that stage, the world needed to see her on the stage and they were giving what they wanted. time is money
delishpot:

Look, if they want, they can bring any musician and promote him on that BET stage. Niki was promoted, Ariana Grande was promoted. That Niki is well known doesnt stop promoters from pushing a new talent to the front if they are interested in doing so. I believe they dont have interest for Africa based musician for now. I hope I explained it well sha.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jun 30, 2015
ericmor:
can you please tell me the level of nicki minaj songs to wizkid songs and how well do the world know wizkid to nicki? now tell me, if you are to present one of the two to the world, will it be the person they know or the one that they don't even know what he or she does. you guys have forgotten that they even do it to themselves. no time people

u still didn't get me bro,what I meant is,what is good for the goose is also good for the gander.... they should stop treating us as if we are fairly used...they should start regarding us the same way they regard our counterparts... and am not comparing both nicki and weezy,they sing different genre of music but both are unique in their special ways

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by webang: 12:01pm On Jun 30, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Oah0Sl0N7Q
?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></[/flash]

MAGNUM RELEASES AN EXPLOSIVE DAVIDO FT MEEK MILLS COVER

Magnum "Am a Naija"

[ Please Listen | Download | Publish | Blog | Post | Tweet ]

For more information, Bookings, Publicity Images or Interviews Requests

Contact Number : BB Pin 7E27BB93

South East London based Nigerian bilingual rapper, Magnum delivers a heavy hitter over the cover of Davido ft Meek Mills Shizzi produced smash hit single 'Fans Mii'.
These braggadocios, punchlines driven effort from Magnum is full of jabs, uppercuts and hooks coupled with a knockout chorus.
The occasional rap switch from English to Yoruba with such an indelible raspy flow helps to enhance that bounce within the beat.
Magnum didn't come to play - it's Ding ding lights out !
'I was simply entranced by the beat and within 5hrs I had the song written titled
"Am a Naija" and recorded it ,' expresses Magnum.

Free download Magnum - Am a Naija
Music Link Dirty version - http:///1Ca01Cr
Music Link - Clean version - http:///1GaNZcN
Copy code below and paste on blog

Free download
.......................................................................................
Magnum - Am a Naija
Music Link Dirty Version - ‪http:///1Ca01Cr‬‬

Music Link Clean version - ‪http:///1GaNZcN‬‬

Free Download The recipe full mixtape at once link : ‪http:///1HCVX35‬‬

Individual Track Free Download Link: ‪http:///twyCW‬‬

Add Magnum on BB Pin 7E27BB93

TWITTER : ‪http://www.twitter.com/iammagnum ‬‬

BOOKINGS:MagnumCollabo@gmail.com

TWITTER:‪http://www.twitter.com/iammagnum ‬‬

FACEBOOK:‪http://www.facebook.com/officiallymagnum‬‬

Swagnificent Music
Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by free37: 12:02pm On Jun 30, 2015
Hmm....
Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by Dreyl(m): 12:02pm On Jun 30, 2015
nice one wizkid!
Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by delishpot: 12:39pm On Jun 30, 2015
ericmor:
like i said before, no time my brother and for your information, nicki wasn't promoted by bringing her on that stage, the world needed to see her on the stage and they were giving what they wanted. time is money

Ok
Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jun 30, 2015
popcykaylah:
are you dissing me? undecided
r u d mumu
Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by popcykaylah(m): 12:51pm On Jun 30, 2015
vheMa:
r u d mumu
do i look like one?
Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by Lionsclaw: 12:54pm On Jun 30, 2015
papadjaji:
Y would anyone segregate in this modern age? Guy, I've never cared abt your "inspiration-less" and shallow songs but for this act of self respect and in the defence of African dignity, I salute you! You will live long and continue to prosper!
They can "burst" from anger for all I care.
I laugh at your post and the people liking it. Because all of you will do the samething if you were in their shoes. You guys are just living in self denial because in this world everyone cannot be in the same class. If I were to host 38 people in an event and you and say Buhari as well as 36 governors were to be called for a speech. I will either call you last or 1st depending on when the crowd will be available to sit. If they are to come late I will call you 1st to pass time and if they are to come early I will call Buhari and the govs 1st and call u last, though unfortunately many people wont wait to view you because you are not that popular. You will also do exactly d same to me if u were the host. This is a simple logic in life but people like u and all the people liking ur view are allowing pride block ur view undecided
Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by toonzay(m): 1:43pm On Jun 30, 2015
HirstMOG:
A kid is always a kid!!!
you r thirsty of wisdom
Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by argob44(f): 2:01pm On Jun 30, 2015
that one na concern you @wizkid
Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by omaji53jeremiah: 2:11pm On Jun 30, 2015
has a point on that one.
Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by ericmor: 2:14pm On Jun 30, 2015
yes i understand what you trying to say but i am still standing on my previous post and also remember that they do it to some other artist in the USA also. nobody will want to watch a boring award tho. like we all watched the grammy sometimes and sleep off even before it get half way

southniyikaye:
u still didn't get me bro,what I meant is,what is good for the goose is also good for the gander.... they should stop treating us as if we are fairly used...they should start regarding us the same way they regard our counterparts... and am not comparing both nicki and weezy,they sing different genre of music but both are unique in their special ways
Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jun 30, 2015
drlawizle:

Sorry who are AAs?
African Anericans
Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by naijamerican: 3:25pm On Jun 30, 2015
jiggaz:
I like Wizkid for saying the truth and dis is the same reason Yemi Alade & Fuse ODG did not attend and they made it known to BET as well.

Now for all u ignorant Nairalanders attacking Wizkid for dis tweet, lemme tell u guys what u don't know. I dont see why BET should be discriminating against African Artistes in an award show like dis, shebi na black people we be?.

The gate keepers of the American music knows dat if they give African artistes a chance, they might steal their market in America. That's why they treat African artistes like second class citizens or pretend dat they don't know dat we got a vibrant music industry in Africa. African artistes need to wake up!! Come on, we don't need validation from the West to know dat we are good!!! Africa is a continent of over 800 million people!!! Who needs America They can keep their yeye backstage award. An award show dat most American A-List artiste did not even attend sef. 50 Cent was even blasting dem on an instagram video. Lets forget about dem. The BEST AFRICAN ACT AWARD sef no dey do anything for the artiste career sef. Na only title. The African market is soo huge and has sooo many potential, let our artistes explore dem, see how PSquare dem are breaking ground in North Africa.

I have soo many things to say about the American music industry and African American themselves. To start with, these Black Americans have a condescending attitude towards Africans even if u were born in the states. Infact, lemme leave it here, Akatas and their wahala too much.

So i support Wizkid, Yemi Alade & Fuse ODG for not attending, we are not fools. Dat was how Grammy Awards were giving Black Hiphop acts their awards backstage back in the day and they fought against it. Now they are coming to do it to their fellow Blacks too?? Cos we are Africans To hell with Dem!!! I support you Wizkid!!!

BET is owned by white people.

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by senrino(m): 3:33pm On Jun 30, 2015
chimajii:

Did you hear urself? 'He won, but since he didn't attend the pre-show they gave it to another".. Really? Just goes to show you where u stand. That's how you people jump into topics and write all sorts of things you don't know JACK about. It is NEVER done anywhere. 1s u're declared the winner, it's Yours. Whether u're there in person or in spirit, the most that could be done is, the organisers have someone accept ur award for you. Or a live vid msg

like I said get your facts well.. he was the favorite.. the management gave it to stone boy, bcuz he didn't attend the pre-show..so they felt disrespectd
Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by chimajii: 3:54pm On Jun 30, 2015
senrino:

like I said get your facts well.. he was the favorite.. the management gave it to stone boy, bcuz he didn't attend the pre-show..so they felt disrespectd

SMH, u have no chill I swear down! Bad that you said that wrong shii earlier, here u are talking more Bull. Smh, pls ehn, keep MUTE. So u're saying that Being a FAVOURITE now Equates to Winning? Phew!!!
I'll solve ur Mystery again
Last Year grammys... Jay z's Wife Beyonce was the favourite to win 'Album of the Year'.. And when I mean favourite, I MEAN HEAVY FAVOURITE.
She showed up to pre show, Show, and after show.
Ed Sheran WON.
Now Keep Quiet before u talk more Nonsense angry
Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by ideylaff: 4:02pm On Jun 30, 2015
One has to work before you jump high simple.

If we are trying to compare with Nikki Minaj... not saying shes a star artist in my books cos not my kind of music, but from a business and commecial stand point shes way ahead of Wizz Kid..... just like if Nikki comes to africa her sales wont even match up to WizKids

but in the bigger picture Nikki Minaj is way and by far a bigger star than wizzy globally

Yes or NO

WizKids Message was lost and the transfer of Beef was not needed in anyway shape or form....

Just imagine GLO does a deal with BET to move should we say a few numbers via their GLO channel.... you think WizKid will be able to come to the table to eat after all his hot and cold tweets....

They say anyone that wants to eat the Honey in the Rock needs to be patience

I've known WizKid as a kid, he lies flat on the floor to say hellow when he sees me or wants to greet me, I have already told him many times

Young man you need to calm down if you want your career to go far, you have not even scratched the surface....

BET is collaborating with Aple Music Lunching today and a few other channels and platforms to move music that WizKid can make millions form and gain more recognition, so why ruin it all with one silly Big Boy tweet

How many times has kanye apologied to MTV or the Grammys..... thats cos hes even lucky

some people dont get a 2nd chance...

I already told Ayo Balogun myself.... how much do you think GLO has given you that is making you jump up and yap establishments you need to sit down with and find a platform to make it big.....from

Its a chicken and egg situation.....messages can be sent across BET other than 4 to 6 tweets trying to feel like a Geeee

naaaa

Hope you will learn from this son,

its so funny Nigerian Artist are forever chasing Rappers and US arrtists all over the states to feature them on their Albums and yet they feel bad with the same platfom that they need to move up their career

Can wizzy be compared to Her Minaj is the only woman to be featured on the Forbes Hip Hop Cash Kings list. She made her first appearance on the list in 2011, earning U.S. $6.5 million from May 2010 to May 2011.[195] In 2012, she placed eighth on the list, earning U.S. $15.5 million from May 2011 to May 2012.[196] Minaj rose to the fourth position on the list in 2013, earning U.S. $29 million from June 2012 to June 2013.[197] She made her fourth consecutive appearance on the list in 2014, earning U.S. $14 million from June 2013 to June 2014.[198] In the aftermath of
Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 4:03pm On Jun 30, 2015
delishpot:

Ok sir, I have heard you fa.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by player007(m): 4:09pm On Jun 30, 2015
loomer:
I laugh in urhobo
Uhrobo laugh no be here o. But on a more serious note all African artiste have to stand up against this.
Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by ideylaff: 4:20pm On Jun 30, 2015
player007:

Uhrobo laugh no be here o.
But on a more serious note all African artiste have to stand up against this.

let us question BET in a proper channel and get a reply why they do this.... then we can now have a fight in our hands......

if they hit us with record sales.... we all know we will fall flat on our faces.... the figures coming out of Africa is/are distored and not a real measure of success at all

The fact that our Artists come out every weekend and put a CD on to mime their music and voice over a few thousands of people makes them Big within africa, and not Globally agreed.

I dont even think any one of then has sold 1 million albums ever....in real sales and not CD sold during traffic hold up
Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by delishpot: 4:27pm On Jun 30, 2015
NgwaManNaija4LF:

grin grin grin grin

Bros how far smiley Good to see you laugh smiley No fucck me off again for my fa abeg. I like to say fa a lot. Have a wonderful day today sir.
Re: Wizkid Tweets About Why He Didn't Honour BET's Invitation by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jun 30, 2015
Lionsclaw:
Pride is the beginning of a man's downfall. What was he 10 years ago. Years back he wouldnt have been able to gain a peep through the window of the hall were Nigerian award events were held but today God and hard work has changed d story. Class is a word you cant remove from the dictionary. Forget all the shakara u guys do in Naija, America worked hard to lead the world and dem no be mate with Naija. What Naija music is now is what hiphop was 40yrs ago in US. it is an honour to get any American Award so this kid should relax before he nose dives to oblivion. This is why Dbanj without producing music keeps leading them all. Humility is the word else he will remain a local champ forever. By the way Korode is here and many more kids are springing. I bet you this action can close doors for him from getting any other American based award

just bkus he was nothing bfor doesn't mean he has to tolerate this kinda discrimination! I love him for taking this bold step. Everybody started from scratch, not only him.

Its so demeaning and embarrassing to receive an award from a whole BET almost ten hours bfor the main show, in an empty hall!!! does that sound right to u? of course not! I forgot u are still a slave to the Americans undecided if anything, they should focus more on African stars cos they are the real BLACKS.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Bella Shmurda Rejects Mohbad’s Portrait Gifted To Him / Tiwa Savage Steps Out In Style. See Photos / Don Jazzy And E-money Battles For The Richest Nigerian Record Label Owner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.