Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,892 members, 7,817,623 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

If You Know These Guys, You Are Old (photos) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / If You Know These Guys, You Are Old (photos) (72694 Views)

Did You Know These Things Had Names? / Did You Even Know These Animals Existed – Let Alone Them Having Such Cute Babies / (Picture)Which School Could These Guys Have Graduated From? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Know These Guys, You Are Old (photos) by prettyJoy22(f): 2:29pm On Jun 30, 2015
I remember them,that should be primary 3 text book... when we read without even knowing were d words are in the book grin
Re: If You Know These Guys, You Are Old (photos) by eleko1: 2:30pm On Jun 30, 2015
Yanpon yanrin!in dos good days of black/white TV.Taxi driver,mosebolatan,orun moru.AYE etc
sammyyoung2:
dis one nko?
Re: If You Know These Guys, You Are Old (photos) by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jun 30, 2015
I use am and I read am
Re: If You Know These Guys, You Are Old (photos) by Ubenedictus(m): 2:30pm On Jun 30, 2015
CaptaiinG:
Mr sada is a farmer, he lives in sapele, he has a big farm, he grows corn, cassava. Mehn I don forget that line gone are those days

Ralia the sugar girl

Agbo lives in ibadan

Edet lives in calabar

Ali is a boy, simbi is a girl

no, agbo lives in the own of lagoon which is not far from ibadan
Re: If You Know These Guys, You Are Old (photos) by BornnAgainChild(f): 2:31pm On Jun 30, 2015
CaptaiinG:
Mr sada is a farmer, he lives in sapele, he has a big farm, he grows corn, cassava. Mehn I don forget that line gone are those days

Ralia the sugar girl

Agbo lives in ibadan

Edet lives in calabar

Ali is a boy, simbi is a girl

Please note that Simbi is now a Runz Girl
Re: If You Know These Guys, You Are Old (photos) by stanvesco(m): 2:31pm On Jun 30, 2015
ZACHIE:
and this nonsense hit FP?
...you call it nön-sense, but we call it SENSE.....that macmillian reader made me d person i am 2day. Learn to respect posterity!!! Remodify ur post please

3 Likes

Re: If You Know These Guys, You Are Old (photos) by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jun 30, 2015
Mr. Sada is a farmer, he lives in Sapele, he has a big farm.... Those days, no DSTV, no Strong, no GoTV, no generators. All we had was our books and the moon. Life was good in the 90s and early 2000s

3 Likes

Re: If You Know These Guys, You Are Old (photos) by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:31pm On Jun 30, 2015
bestower:
Schools those days are very funny,if u dont know how to read this book then,believe me u re half dead from my teacher then,thank God i survived it.
Those days we didn't know how to read in the real sense of the word, but could read what we memorized when the teacher read to us. I remember I could "read" the whole of the stories but could not identify any word.
Re: If You Know These Guys, You Are Old (photos) by Hilaskee(m): 2:32pm On Jun 30, 2015
Great old books and days...
Re: If You Know These Guys, You Are Old (photos) by KEPLER79OOU(m): 2:33pm On Jun 30, 2015
Agbo lives in the town of Lagun which not far from Ibadan...Chei! Cramming of those days not easily forgotten.
Re: If You Know These Guys, You Are Old (photos) by damiloladuke: 2:33pm On Jun 30, 2015
sure

CHECK MY SIGNATURE IF YOU WANNA LAUGH TIRE TODAY
Re: If You Know These Guys, You Are Old (photos) by Greycious(m): 2:33pm On Jun 30, 2015
Barselonia:
Gone are the days we read about agbo, simbi, and ali

I can remember vividly....and I'm old grin
Re: If You Know These Guys, You Are Old (photos) by Karlman: 2:34pm On Jun 30, 2015
eleko1:
sad in those good old day of Alawiye apa kini,keji,keta..using sileeti and carrying apoti to lesson afta sch hour.in those days wey boy dey stuff baby powder milk for pocket.Those days wen u carry ur Aluminum cover plate go skul,they'll serve U beans,epa,banana.Papa AWOLOWO,SUN RE ooooo cry

Alawiye!

I used it in my primary school, wrote & came first in classes & when I was sent back to the East by my father, it was so amazing I didn't have to study Igbo I simply wrote Igbo like I have been learning it since 1900 because Igbo is very simple to write, just write it as you speak it.

Then some years later I was writing Igbo language in waec & after my papers this dude beside me begged me to help him with his yoruba language & I did! & I was so happy I could write both languages very comfortably!

And that brings me to all tribal shits we do online, its a shame on all of us. And we are all guilty of it.

2 Likes

Re: If You Know These Guys, You Are Old (photos) by BOUNTYDOG(m): 2:34pm On Jun 30, 2015
I remember when Agbo's elder brother Mike came back from Overseas where he studied engineering,I remember some lines in the song the villagers sang to welcome him
"Here comes Mike the engineer 2ce
The man who will build our houses
The man who will build our roads
The man who will send our children to school"

The funny thing is the joy on their faces as they open their teeth wide to cheer does not exist in Nigeria anymore as Nigerians don't laugh again
Especially lagosians dey vex
Me I go still laff old school type sha ".lol

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Know These Guys, You Are Old (photos) by Greycious(m): 2:35pm On Jun 30, 2015
damiloladuke:
sure

CHECK MY SIGNATURE IF YOU WANNA LAUGH TIRE TODAY
u no dey tayya?
u no get job tru tru grin
Re: If You Know These Guys, You Are Old (photos) by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jun 30, 2015
Macmillan and Longman textbooks still dey exists?
Re: If You Know These Guys, You Are Old (photos) by forexprophet(m): 2:37pm On Jun 30, 2015
Barselonia:
Gone are the days we read about agbo, simbi, and ali

what a sweet memory lane.....
Re: If You Know These Guys, You Are Old (photos) by DaMaster(m): 2:37pm On Jun 30, 2015
Agbo lives in the town of Lagun which is not far from Ibadan. He went to primary school. He was in primary four. Agbo was a very lucky boy. His father bought him a watch. Every morning, Agbo wakes up at 8 O clock....

Chai! Cramming aiye. Sweet memories.

2 Likes

Re: If You Know These Guys, You Are Old (photos) by EasternPride: 2:38pm On Jun 30, 2015
Such were the days of Macmillan book series.

Hehehe

Re: If You Know These Guys, You Are Old (photos) by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jun 30, 2015
lols baq den was scared of raliya the sugar girl txt book bcs of that old witch in it
Re: If You Know These Guys, You Are Old (photos) by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jun 30, 2015
eleko1:
sad in those good old day of Alawiye apa kini,keji,keta..using sileeti and carrying apoti to lesson afta sch hour.in those days wey boy dey stuff baby powder milk for pocket.Those days wen u carry ur Aluminum cover plate go skul,they'll serve U beans,epa,banana.Papa AWOLOWO,SUN RE ooooo cry

Seriously, you shouldn't be on this thread. This thread is for much younger audience.

1 Like

Re: If You Know These Guys, You Are Old (photos) by Nicepoker(m): 2:38pm On Jun 30, 2015
Op went to adult school. U are truly old.
Re: If You Know These Guys, You Are Old (photos) by 9jatatafo(m): 2:38pm On Jun 30, 2015
Hahaha Agbo, Simbi is a girl and Simbi was so black. Was hoping to see also Akin the drummer boy, Eze goes to school.
Re: If You Know These Guys, You Are Old (photos) by Ofeakwu(m): 2:39pm On Jun 30, 2015
hayoakins:
What about Edet, where is he now? He must have joined Politics to represent his constituency in Calabar grin

Edet lives in Calabar, he is eight years old...

Edet dey Malaysia now sey push am, naija na country!

1 Like

Re: If You Know These Guys, You Are Old (photos) by optimusprime2(m): 2:41pm On Jun 30, 2015
Of course, I know I am old...
Re: If You Know These Guys, You Are Old (photos) by damiloladuke: 2:41pm On Jun 30, 2015
Greycious:

u no dey tayya?
u no get job tru tru grin
if you never visit my blog.... u are wrong.
Re: If You Know These Guys, You Are Old (photos) by BOUNTYDOG(m): 2:41pm On Jun 30, 2015
DaMaster:
Agbo lives in the town of Lagun which is not far from Ibadan. He went to primary school. He was in primary four. Agbo was a very lucky boy. His father bought him a watch. Every morning, Agbo wakes up at 8 O clock....

Chai! Cramming aiye. Sweet memories.

Note: Everybody liked agbo because his parents were rich. Lol
Re: If You Know These Guys, You Are Old (photos) by DaMaster(m): 2:42pm On Jun 30, 2015
BOUNTYDOG:

Note: Everybody liked agbo because his parents were rich. Lol
U sef sabi am
Re: If You Know These Guys, You Are Old (photos) by sim37(m): 2:44pm On Jun 30, 2015
agbo lived in the town of lagoon whoc is not far from Ibadan, he went to primary school he was in primary 4, one day agbo woke up very late..................

can't believe I can read that far after 24 yrs
Re: If You Know These Guys, You Are Old (photos) by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jun 30, 2015
In most government owned primary schools today, most pupils up to primary 5 level do not know how to read yet they have good results. I wonder how they managed to know the questions, answers and how they are able to write them if they can't read. Most of them grow up to become lazy to the extent that they can't even read any article that has more than 3 paragraphs. You see them here on Nairaland complaining and blaming the government for their own problems.

1 Like

Re: If You Know These Guys, You Are Old (photos) by BOUNTYDOG(m): 2:46pm On Jun 30, 2015
MrPresident:
"yesterday Bello was going to school, there was a lizard standing on a wall, the lizard said 'Bello good morning are you going to school? Bello said 'goodmorning yes I am"

only people wey go school in the early 80s go understand.
Yes o
I remember. 1st day @ school
Re: If You Know These Guys, You Are Old (photos) by Situation001(m): 2:47pm On Jun 30, 2015
acenazt:
Ali and simbi, Raliya, Agbo, Mr sada the farmer, mr salami. Na for dis text book I first hear names of places like Oron and Ekot ikpene. Fun days wen we would memorize pasages and recite everyday I can still remember some of the pasages sef.

Same here... Never knew I'll ever reach such places in my life..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Course Did You Study In The Tertiary Institution And What's your job now? / Fintiri: Graduating Students Of America University Of Nigeria Pose With Governor / Benue State University Student Wearing Short Skirt, Stop From Entering Campus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.