Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:27 PM

Chibok Girls Abductor Arrested - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chibok Girls Abductor Arrested (37489 Views)

Abductor Of Ese-Oruru Flown To Abuja By Police / Al-Hassan Spells Out Punishment For Ese Oruru’s Abductor / FINALLY! Chibok Girls Abductor Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chibok Girls Abductor Arrested by lalasticlala(m): 9:04am On Jul 01, 2015
LAGOS, Nigeria — Nigerian troops have arrested a businessman accused of "participating actively" in Boko Haram's mass abduction of nearly 300 schoolgirls from the northeastern town of Chibok last year, Nigeria's Defense Ministry said Tuesday.

Spokesman Maj. Gen. Chris Olukolade said Babuji Ya'ari headed a "terrorists' intelligence cell" for the Islamic extremists while masquerading as a member of the self-defense Youth Vigilante Group. That confirms suspicions that the vigilantes have been infiltrated by Boko Haram. Soldiers have told the AP that some of their comrades also belong to Nigeria's homegrown Islamic extremist group.

"The arrest of the businessman ... has also yielded some vital information and facilitated the arrest of other members of the terrorists' intelligence cell who are women," Olukolade said in a statement Tuesday night. He did not say when the arrests were made or how many people were arrested.

He alleged that Ya'ari has since 2011 coordinated several deadly attacks on the northeastern city of Maiduguri, the birthplace of Boko Haram, and spearheaded the May 2014 assassination of the emir of Gwoza, a religious and traditional ruler who was targeted for speaking out against Boko Haram's extremism.

One arrested woman, Hafsat Bako, confessed to coordinating the payroll for operatives paid a minimum of 10,000 naira (about $50) a job, the defense ministry statement said.

Boko Haram was responsible for the April 2014 kidnapping of 273 girls from a boarding school in Chibok. Dozens escaped but 219 schoolgirls remain missing. The mass abduction sparked international outrage and demands for the girls' release under the Twitter hashtag #BringBackOurGirls.

The extremists last year took control of a large swath of northeastern Nigeria where they declared an Islamic caliphate. This year, they became the West African franchise of the Islamic State group.

As their attacks spread across borders, a multinational army from Nigeria and neighboring countries mobilized and this year drove Boko Haram out of towns. Suicide bomb and attacks on villages continue.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/man-accused-boko-haram-abduction-chibok-girls-arrested-32139989

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Chibok Girls Abductor Arrested by INTROVART: 9:04am On Jul 01, 2015
NICE ONE... grin

I Dedicate my fp to JULY Borns.. happy NEW MONTH PEOPLE..

grin grin grin

58 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Chibok Girls Abductor Arrested by Nobody: 9:04am On Jul 01, 2015
picz plz

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chibok Girls Abductor Arrested by delishpot: 9:05am On Jul 01, 2015
Sad. They believe its very good to die in jihad yet they hide their own lives, and cheer others into their graves.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chibok Girls Abductor Arrested by kay1one2(m): 9:06am On Jul 01, 2015
Good.
Re: Chibok Girls Abductor Arrested by seedgreen(m): 9:06am On Jul 01, 2015
Seriously following
Re: Chibok Girls Abductor Arrested by geesampower(m): 9:07am On Jul 01, 2015
Good so hope we find them all soon
When will Sheriff be brought in for questioning, cos that man remains a suspect and evidences presented are compelling.

Affordable Solar Power Here

1 Like

Re: Chibok Girls Abductor Arrested by Felvet(f): 9:07am On Jul 01, 2015
Na Godwin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chibok Girls Abductor Arrested by MaziOmenuko: 9:09am On Jul 01, 2015
Good development. Although so many boko haram leaders and henchmen had been arrested in the times past, we are yet to witness a trial and conviction.

Hope he won't be moved to ekwulobia or amawbia prison this time around.

2 Likes

Re: Chibok Girls Abductor Arrested by mrvitalis(m): 9:10am On Jul 01, 2015
Baba is working

10 Likes

Re: Chibok Girls Abductor Arrested by hadura29(m): 9:11am On Jul 01, 2015
Good news. More power to the military...

Good morning y'all
Re: Chibok Girls Abductor Arrested by MKO4ever(m): 9:12am On Jul 01, 2015
good, he should be transferred straight to Anambra prison grin

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chibok Girls Abductor Arrested by MKO4ever(m): 9:13am On Jul 01, 2015
INTROVART:
NICE ONE... grin

shocked shocked shocked shocked HAAAAAAAA shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chibok Girls Abductor Arrested by Omotayor123(f): 9:14am On Jul 01, 2015
really.. Tell me moreshocked
Re: Chibok Girls Abductor Arrested by ERCROSS(m): 9:14am On Jul 01, 2015
delishpot:
Sad. They believe its very good to die in jihad yet they hide their own lives, and cheer others into their graves.

Those guys are the legendary idanre monkies re-incarnated... sometimes I wonder if they have brain at all...
Imagine.. Person wey send dem go blow go hide himself for one corner kon send another man pikin go the journey of no return whilst keeping away their own children at arms length , only for them to be promised 1000 virgins in hell...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chibok Girls Abductor Arrested by Aminat508(f): 9:14am On Jul 01, 2015
Sai Buhari grin cheesy

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chibok Girls Abductor Arrested by talktrue1(m): 9:14am On Jul 01, 2015
Is he Shekau?
Re: Chibok Girls Abductor Arrested by MaziOmenuko: 9:14am On Jul 01, 2015
INTROVART:
NICE ONE... grin

Advantages of being jobless cheesy

You are aggressively stalking lalasticlala. Hope you know he is being paid for this nairaland job?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chibok Girls Abductor Arrested by stainlessnature: 9:14am On Jul 01, 2015
Hope this is not fabricated?

Expecting a counter news......until i see this news in the national dailies

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chibok Girls Abductor Arrested by Brimmie(m): 9:15am On Jul 01, 2015
Re: Chibok Girls Abductor Arrested by Brimmie(m): 9:15am On Jul 01, 2015
Aminat508:
Sai Buhari grin cheesy
Helloo!! smiley
Re: Chibok Girls Abductor Arrested by bolabolakemi(f): 9:16am On Jul 01, 2015
mrvitalis:
Baba is working

Baba is part of boko haram, so what's the big deal here... embarassed

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Chibok Girls Abductor Arrested by Nobody: 9:16am On Jul 01, 2015
Alhamdulilah o!
Tot the saTANOIDS and PDP said chibok girls was not real

6 Likes

Re: Chibok Girls Abductor Arrested by Emekamex(m): 9:16am On Jul 01, 2015
Call me when Shekau is arrested.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chibok Girls Abductor Arrested by Omotayor123(f): 9:17am On Jul 01, 2015
MaziOmenuko:

You are aggressively stalking lalasticlala. Hope you know he is being paid for this nairaland job?
You didn't noticed the. change in her moniker

she sef don get job for NL.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chibok Girls Abductor Arrested by asumo12: 9:18am On Jul 01, 2015
Aminat508:
Sai Buhari grin cheesy

Sai Buhari

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Chibok Girls Abductor Arrested by Nobody: 9:19am On Jul 01, 2015
bolabolakemi:
Baba is part of boko haram, so what's the big deal here... embarassed
Which of ur baba is part of boko haram?

24 Likes

Re: Chibok Girls Abductor Arrested by agarawu23(m): 9:19am On Jul 01, 2015
MaziOmenuko:

shine your eyes. they aren't the same

good news cool

1 Like

Re: Chibok Girls Abductor Arrested by RedCard1(m): 9:19am On Jul 01, 2015
ON MY WAY TO FRONT PAGE WHERE I BELONG, WHERE I BELONG, WHERE I BELONG...ON MY WAY TO FRONT PAGE WHERE I BELONG. I AM CELEBRATING. Cc: Lalasticala
Re: Chibok Girls Abductor Arrested by fatdon2(m): 9:21am On Jul 01, 2015
good
Re: Chibok Girls Abductor Arrested by sammyj: 9:21am On Jul 01, 2015
Which was why we called for an active responsive government compared to his predecessors who was clueless until the masses intervene !!! cool
Re: Chibok Girls Abductor Arrested by Nobody: 9:22am On Jul 01, 2015
RedCard1:
ON MY WAY TO FRONT PAGE WHERE I BELONG, WHERE I BELONG, WHERE I BELONG...ON MY WAY TO FRONT PAGE WHERE I BELONG. I AM CELEBRATING. Cc: Lalasticala

Let me hide for ur back jare

Let the celebration continue coz the front page don sure for us 2day.

It's gud to start a new a month wit frontpage

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To The Death Of Bola Tinubu's Son, Jide / 2019: Non-indigenes Leave Kano Ahead Of Polls / Residents On The Run As Boko Haram Terrorists Attack Borno Villages. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.