Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,127 members, 7,811,181 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:30 AM

Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates (102458 Views)

Latest Ranking Of States By Financial Sustainability, Debt And IGR (PICS) / Ranking Of States By Poverty Rates In Nigeria / Southwest Vs Southeast Poverty Rates from UNDP: A Critical Analysis. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by dokyOloye: 3:09pm On Jul 01, 2015
Gulbis:
. The list is about the individual standards of living,not the wealth of the state. For example,Akwa Ibom is wealthy,but there's lots of poverty there. Osun has no oil,but there's less poverty.
U have probably never been to Anambra or U just pass by it.Just ask ppl that have lived there,they will tell U,no need for us to argue back and forth.

1 Like

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by after1: 3:09pm On Jul 01, 2015
[s]
BuddahMonk:

Its not about worse its about facing reality, Nigeria government told you the economy of Nigeria is bigger than those of Egypt and South Africa and you believe because your a Nigerian.

Sorry it doesn't work like, Nigeria doesn't have economy to start with, the economy of eating with 5 meats when the price of oil is up and drinking garri without groundnut and sugar when the rice goes downsouth is not economy.

I don't believe economy of Nigeria is bigger than those of the listed countries above, I have analyzed their economy critically so I know Nigeria government is still daydreaming.

Osun is richer and better than entire East you can take that to the banks and know if you can get paid with the assertion.

Face reality, time for tribalism is over cus shiit doesn't pay.
[/s]

Kill yourself. No one takes a drug addict serious. Hypocrites.

3 Likes

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jul 01, 2015
the region that has the richest man in Africa

with all the stolen oil money

with all the oil wells

dominated nigerian rulership for decades

......yet the poorest?

shiiiiiits happen!!

8 Likes

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jul 01, 2015
after1:
[s][/s]

You will kill yourself and no one cares. Drug addict like you can never make sense.

How far bro, please why do you hate me so much to the extent your stalking me like a CIA agent.

I just check my profile now and discover your following me, what do you want from me bro.

Tribalism is evil

4 Likes

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Yujin(m): 3:11pm On Jul 01, 2015
chinae:
For a scholar in this field, the model United Nation adopted in the computation of poverty is complex and unrealistic. The model proposed by World Bank also adopted by IFPRI have been the one majorly used worldwide. Don't know how to explain this here but the deviation from above or below that of UN is small. this change though could (example ) shift the position of the research object from normal 10 to 5 or vice versa or even 10 to or 16
Ok. Its quite startling to say the least. I've lived for years in 6 states the cut across the various geopolitical zones except the northeast. I know a majority of the southwest states Lagos inclusive so I know what I'm talking about.

2 Likes

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by asiwajumi(m): 3:12pm On Jul 01, 2015
superstar1:

This is a United Nation's report and not under the mango tree make-me-happy, tales by moonlight fallacies you always tell yourselves.

yimu. Did united nation come to my town in okemesi ekiti to see how people are surviving? Who is foooling who

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by philfrey08: 3:12pm On Jul 01, 2015
superstar1:

You will still see mud houses in yorubaland in 100years to come, because our forefathers left us an enduring building technology that has stood the test of time.

2ndly, we have land to grow linearly, thereby accommodating both the old and the new houses.
Are u serious? grin grin grin.... please go develop ya papa house before lizards make house or ritualists use am do den

2 Likes

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by daridex(m): 3:12pm On Jul 01, 2015
hehe o but how come this northern states have more beautiful ladies tongue
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Oseite: 3:13pm On Jul 01, 2015
Yujin:

Yeah I know they shouldn't be taken seriously but my grouse is with the source of the report. If UN can be easily deceived then what can I say?
The fact that Osun owes Anambra doesn't automatically mean that Anambra has a lower poverty line. USA has a lower poverty line than China but USA owes China a lot of money

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by IBBG(m): 3:13pm On Jul 01, 2015
dokyOloye:
How can d Osun state I know rank higher than Anambra?
Mbanu
I'm equally amazed. I know the state very well. Bad roads everywhere, their health care is a huge joke, no clean water. Infact my local government has a better infrastructure than osogbo the state capital.

4 Likes

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by superstar1(m): 3:14pm On Jul 01, 2015
asiwajumi:
yimu. Did united nation come to my town in okemesi ekiti to see how people are surviving? Who is foooling who

You expect them to beat the drum of arrival or what?
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by IlekeHD: 3:15pm On Jul 01, 2015
This supports why Igbos move to the SW to do business. They need customers that'd buy their products.

Theyre in all SW states with their 4X4 shops.

12 Likes

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Oseite: 3:15pm On Jul 01, 2015
Also, I am not as rich as Dangote but I do not owe banks either, Dangote does. So the fact that I am not in debt does not make me rich

6 Likes

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by IlekeHD: 3:15pm On Jul 01, 2015
Oseite:

The fact that Osun owes Anambra doesn't automatically mean that Anambra has a lower poverty line. USA has a lower poverty line than China but USA owes China a lot of money

Educate them abeg.

They've been eating the lies formulated by Radio Biafra.

4 Likes

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jul 01, 2015
Now you come, there is a diff between dearth of infrastructure and standard of living, Abia people are the most creative people in Igbo land, that's why you hear people talk about ABA made or IGBO made
Brokenbars:

Maybe its infrastructure. d state needs serious help. i pray d new governor do well.

1 Like

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jul 01, 2015
I'm rather shocked many people saw this report through their tribal lenses. So pathetic.

Let's not glory in the states that fair better. Let's not also make a mockery of the states that are lagging behind.

This familiar trip with tribalism is one of the major reasons Africa will never compete with the rest of the world.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by ApexTitan(m): 3:17pm On Jul 01, 2015
Yujin:
This report does not add up. There's no how Osun could have been above Anambra even on cumulative basis. Anambra has always been ahead in all the SE states. A visit to Anambra will convince any one who is in doubt. Osun is not known for anything spectacular. Not for agriculture, not for commerce and not for mineral explorations so how comes its occupying the second position? Its simply not adding up. Only the caliber of buildings in Anambra alone will convince any doubting Thomas that the people of this state are not hungry.

So we should discountenance this report based on an anecdotal narrative supplied by you. Do you realise how unserious this sounds? If you have issues with the report or counter claims the right thing to do is provide ample empirical and logical evidence to support your claims.

11 Likes

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by after1: 3:17pm On Jul 01, 2015
BuddahMonk:

How far bro, please why do you hate me so much to the extent your stalking me like a CIA agent.

I just check my profile now and discover your following me, what do you want from me bro.

Tribalism is evil

You add lies to your drug usage. I am not following you cos you are a known tribalist and drug addict, I quote you whenever you post your trash and lies. Stop your lies and repent, I am.not following you.

You are a cursed tribalist and now angry cos of UN report. They just spoil your mood, Sorry you can go and die.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by superstar1(m): 3:17pm On Jul 01, 2015
philfrey08:

Are u serious? grin grin grin.... please go develop ya papa house before lizards make house or ritualists use am do den

I am awaiting for baby factory industrialists, drug pushers, child traffickers, armed robbers, highway robbers, fake product sellers, ritualists, kidnappers, fake drug sellers and prostitutes from alaigbo to stop infesting our blessed land like locusts.
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jul 01, 2015
superstar1:

You will still see mud houses in yorubaland in 100years to come, because our forefathers left us an enduring building technology that has stood the test of time.

2ndly, we have land to grow linearly, thereby accommodating both the old and the new houses.

7 Likes

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Yujin(m): 3:18pm On Jul 01, 2015
Oseite:
It is entirely plausible that Osun is second on the list. In fact, the relatively lower poverty level in Osun is the reason why that state is not on fire yet. The problem with salaries is not up to a year, it takes more than that period of time to compute the poverty levels of a state. Think about it, have you heard that people are dying of starvation in Osun?
You're being sarcastic right?

2 Likes

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by after1: 3:18pm On Jul 01, 2015
Oseite:

Dont mind them deluded people, poverty to them is when you are owing or not building mansion. See them crying and throwing tantrums cos of UN report.
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jul 01, 2015
This is how we roll in southwest.

Cc aresa

2 Likes

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by prettyJoy22(f): 3:20pm On Jul 01, 2015
@ zamfara shocked

1 Like

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by dokyOloye: 3:20pm On Jul 01, 2015
Gulbis:
. The list is about the individual standards of living,not the wealth of the state. For example,Akwa Ibom is wealthy,but there's lots of poverty there. Osun has no oil,but there's less poverty.
Pls can U answer this question?
Have ever been to Anambra, I mean inside Anambra,not passing thru it?
If not,no need for us to argue.
But know this,d economy of Nnewi alone is larger than that of Osun state as whole.
We aren't even talking of Awka yet or even almighty Onitsha.

7 Likes

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by superstar1(m): 3:21pm On Jul 01, 2015
dokyOloye:
How can d Osun state I know rank higher than Anambra?
Mbanu

WHo cares whether you believe it or not.

UN empirical evidence and research shows Osun people can afford 3 square meals, send their children to school, have their own houses, have access to water and light and good quality of life than Anambra people.

If you are pained, jump inside the lagoon.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by wedondeyhere: 3:21pm On Jul 01, 2015
As you continue to argue always remember that Lagos is an Igbo territory

6 Likes

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Yujin(m): 3:22pm On Jul 01, 2015
ApexTitan:

So we should discountenance this report based on an anecdotal narrative supplied by you. Do you realise how unserious this sounds? If you have issues with the report or counter claims the right thing to do is provide ample empirical and logical evidence to support your claims.

I gave you reasons why I doubted Osun's position in my comment. Since you're in support give me reasons why you think Osun should be there.

2 Likes

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Mgbadike80: 3:22pm On Jul 01, 2015
this is more realistic than the nonsense published by the tribalist led national bureau of statistics
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jul 01, 2015
Oseite:

This is why I don't pity you moroons with you supreme leader government.

Keep swimming in ignorance.

Imagine Osun State and Ekiti state.

I don suffer for obodo naijiriya

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Dele Sobowale Apologises To Goodluck Jonathan. GEJ Reacts / Kano: 'they Tried To Whisk Away Results To Govt House, We Did This" - (pix, Vide / APC Matters In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.