Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,425 members, 7,812,252 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:43 AM

A Comparison Between Jesus And Muhammad - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Comparison Between Jesus And Muhammad (37563 Views)

Between Jesus And Paul, Who Founded Christianity And It Doctrines. / Can You Rock This Jesus And Mary Bathroom Slippers? (photos) / The Fallacy And The Truth Of The Book "The People And Muhammad" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Comparison Between Jesus And Muhammad by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:18pm On Jul 31, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

3. Hearing from God:

When Jesus heard from God, He went to the desert to be tempted and began his ministry with boldness. (Mark 1:14-15).

When Muhammad heard from Allah (supposedly through an angel), he cowered, was uncertain, and wanted to commit suicide. (Surah 74:1-5)

4. Identity:

Jesus claimed to be God (John 8:24; 8:58) as well as a man. Jesus claimed to be the way, the truth, and the life. (John 14:6).

Muhammad claimed to be a man.
Re: A Comparison Between Jesus And Muhammad by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:56am On Aug 08, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

4. Identity:

Jesus claimed to be God (John 8:24; 8:58) as well as a man. Jesus claimed to be the way, the truth, and the life. (John 14:6).

5. Instructions Received:

Jesus received from God the Father (John 5:19).

Muhammad received allegedly from an angel. shocked
Re: A Comparison Between Jesus And Muhammad by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:51am On Aug 11, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

5. Instructions Received:

Jesus received from God the Father (John 5:19).

Muhammad received allegedly from an angel. shocked

6. Killing:

Jesus never killed anyone.

Muhammad killed many.
Re: A Comparison Between Jesus And Muhammad by INJESUSNAME: 12:06pm On Aug 11, 2015
Jesus who will sit and judge the world on judgement day warns that any man that divorces his wife, except for fornication (not adtultery) causes her to commit adultery, and whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery. Muhamad and alah command their followers to divorce at will, muhamad and his alah even caused muhamad's adopted son to divorce his wife so that muhamad could marry the divorced woman. angry
Re: A Comparison Between Jesus And Muhammad by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:32pm On Aug 11, 2015
INJESUSNAME:

Jesus who will sit and judge the world on judgement day warns that any man that divorces his wife, except for fornication (not adtultery) causes her to commit adultery, and whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery. Muhamad and alah command their followers to divorce at will, muhamad and his alah even caused muhamad's adopted son to divorce his wife so that muhamad could marry the divorced woman. angry

Is it true that Muslims can divorce their wives by text messages?
Re: A Comparison Between Jesus And Muhammad by orisa37: 11:16am On Aug 12, 2015
Very Good Text!!!! God is Wisdom, Knowledge and Understanding and He blesses us with these Spirits according to His Light in us. Judaism: The people with the Book prophesy "Faith and Hope" only. Islam: The people with a Dream prophesy "Peace" as interpreted to them in Quran, Arabic language only, and by a fourth generation student of St. Paul, an Apostle of Jesus Christ. Christianity: TheRighteous, TheGospel, The HolySpiritSon(sura 19:19), TheLamb of God that was bruised for our sin, Jesus Christ, our Redeemer, won for us and all humankind seven Spirits of Light, Goodness, Life, TheFaith, TheHope, Peace which embraces patience, endurance, perseverance and humility, and ofcourse Charity which is Love. This is the real difference: Islam reveres one Spirit in Allah-God. Judaism reveres two Spirits in God. Whereas Christianity gives us seven that will make us God in God.

1 Like

Re: A Comparison Between Jesus And Muhammad by INJESUSNAME: 1:21pm On Aug 12, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Is it true that Muslims can divorce their wives by text messages?
Haa

1 Like

Re: A Comparison Between Jesus And Muhammad by Ralp817: 1:53pm On Aug 12, 2015
jesus was a hippie. an atheist. he preached against organized religion. too bad he didn't come back and stop them from starting one in his name
Re: A Comparison Between Jesus And Muhammad by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:20pm On Aug 13, 2015
orisa37:

Very Good Text!!!! God is Wisdom, Knowledge and Understanding and He blesses us with these Spirits according to His Light in us. Judaism: The people with the Book prophesy "Faith and Hope" only. Islam: The people with a Dream prophesy "Peace" as interpreted to them in Quran, Arabic language only, and by a fourth generation student of St. Paul, an Apostle of Jesus Christ. Christianity: TheRighteous, TheGospel, The HolySpiritSon(sura 19:19), TheLamb of God that was bruised for our sin, Jesus Christ, our Redeemer, won for us and all humankind seven Spirits of Light, Goodness, Life, TheFaith, TheHope, Peace which embraces patience, endurance, perseverance and humility, and ofcourse Charity which is Love. This is the real difference: Islam reveres one Spirit in Allah-God. Judaism reveres two Spirits in God. Whereas Christianity gives us seven that will make us God in God.

Did the dream or prophesy of Muhammad come to pass? He dreamt peace but when he woke up he realised it was a nightmare. shocked
Re: A Comparison Between Jesus And Muhammad by orisa37: 8:08am On Aug 14, 2015
So you heard that? Very good.
Re: A Comparison Between Jesus And Muhammad by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:50pm On Aug 19, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

6. Killing:

Muhammad killed many.

7. Life:

Jesus had the power to take life but never did. He restored it.

Muhammad had the power to take it, but he never restored it.
Re: A Comparison Between Jesus And Muhammad by adewalker(m): 10:05pm On Aug 19, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

4. Identity:

. It always amazes wen christians gather like this in threads and wallow in ignorance,its a pity u have the internet,the library and yet u choose to remain ignorant,insha allah I will save u the shame,u see of course mohammad said he's a man,becos he's no more than a man,we muslims don't worship mohammad,nor did he EVER say we should worship him,he was not more than a messenger of God "and mohammad is no more than messenger,other messenger have passed before him"quran 3;144....islam Is the only religion that makes it an article of faith for his believers to belive in jesus christ,u can't be a muslim if u don't belive in jesus christ,a muslim is made to believe in the miraculous birth of jesus,that he spoke while styl in infact,that he healed the blind,the leper,raised the dead,made birds out of clay drawing all with God's permission,we belive God gave him the gospel,we blieve his the messiah,meaning the anointed,translated christ,we believe in all of this,for those interested that want move away from ignorance quran 3:45 describes the birth of jesus,so the christians and the muslims all agree in this case,where we disagree is wen u christians say becos jesus had no earthly father God is his father,that's where we path ways,we say no,this man is simply a great messenger of God,not more than,he's not a partner with God,neither did he ever utter such words

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Comparison Between Jesus And Muhammad by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:59pm On Aug 20, 2015
adewalker:

. It always amazes wen christians gather like this in threads and wallow in ignorance,its a pity u have the internet,the library and yet u choose to remain ignorant,insha allah I will save u the shame,u see of course mohammad said he's a man,becos he's no more than a man,we muslims don't worship mohammad,nor did he EVER say we should worship him,he was not more than a messenger of God "and mohammad is no more than messenger,other messenger have passed before him"quran 3;144....

Let me take you up on the bolded sentence above. If you Muslims don't worship Muhammad why do you kill whenever anyone makes fun or draws a caricature of him? I don't see you getting up in arms when people desecrate Allah like you do when Muhammad is criticised. undecided

adewalker:

islam Is the only religion that makes it an article of faith for his believers to belive in jesus christ,u can't be a muslim if u don't belive in jesus christ,

If you truly believe in Jesus you will believe and trust that He is the way, the truth and the life and that no one goes to God without Him.

adewalker:

a muslim is made to believe in the miraculous birth of jesus,that he spoke while styl in infact,that he healed the blind,the leper,raised the dead,made birds out of clay drawing all with God's permission,

What makes me know that your qur'an is not a divine book but a compilation of Jewish folklore stories and some OT passages. The fact that a folklore saying in the apocryphal books as highlighted above made its way into the Qur'an proves my point.

adewalker:

we belive God gave him the gospel,we blieve his the messiah,meaning the anointed,translated christ,we believe in all of this,for those interested that want move away from ignorance quran 3:45 describes the birth of jesus,so the christians and the muslims all agree in this case,where we disagree is wen u christians say becos jesus had no earthly father God is his father,that's where we path ways,we say no,this man is simply a great messenger of God,not more than,he's not a partner with God,neither did he ever utter such words

If you believe that God gave Jesus the gospel why does the Qur'an deny the very truth of the gospel that Jesus was crucified, died, buried and resurrected on the third day? That was the purpose He came to earth so as to make man become sons of God but you insist that you are and will continue to be slaves of Allah. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Comparison Between Jesus And Muhammad by adewalker(m): 10:49pm On Aug 20, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Let me take you up on the bolded sentence above. If you Muslims don't worship Muhammad why do you kill whenever anyone makes fun or draws a caricature of him? I don't see you getting up in arms when people desecrate Allah like you do when Muhammad is criticised. undecided

If you truly believe in Jesus you will believe and trust that He is the way, the truth and the life and that no one goes to God without Him.

What makes me know that your qur'an is not a divine book but a compilation of Jewish folklore stories and some OT passages. The fact that a folklore saying in the apocryphal books as highlighted above made its way into the Qur'an proves my point.

If you believe that God gave Jesus the gospel why does the Qur'an deny the very truth of the gospel that Jesus was crucified, died, buried and resurrected on the third day? That was the purpose He came to earth so as to make man become sons of God but you insist that you are and will continue to be slaves of Allah. undecided
. And this is where u christians exhibit lack of knowledge,muslims don't worship mohammad,no muslim worship mohammad,we worship Allah(God),ask the arab christians wat the call God,or infact come nearer to nigeria,ask the northern christian what he calls God,he tells u Allah...ur second point,u see jesus was the way the truth and the life,I agree hundred percent,bt when moses was alive who was the way for the children of isreal?,moses,if u wanted salvation in the time of moses,u have to follow moses,if u wanted salvation during the time of noah,u have to follow noah,if u wanted salvation during the time of lot,u have to follow lot,every prophet of God is the way during their time,when mohammad came,if u want salvation,u have to follow mohammad,every prophet is the way during their time,when the children of isreal didn't follow moses again wat happened?God punished them,when the people of noah didn't follow him again wat happened?God punished them,when did people of lot didn't follow him again wat happened?God punished them,so during the time of every prophet,that prophet becomes the way,and for u to get to God u must pass thru them,by following wat they teach....ur third is actually funny,cos if u don't believe in that miracle of jesus,then I should be telling u don't believe in jesus,there are miracles in ur bible that is even greater than that....now ur fourth we all believe in the gospel(injeel),that was the message jesus preached,and in this message of jesus,no where did jesus ever say"I am God,worship me,or that I will die for ur sins,or that God is three in one"...so wat message did jesus preach,let us ask jesus,shall we?,jesus said this is the most important commandment"hear o isreal ur God our lord is one"mark 12vs29,but if I should u christians ur most important commandment u tell me"believe in God in three person,the father,son and holy ghost"jesus said ur God is one,u christians are saying the opposite...so u see my brother u people are the ones nt following the teachings of jesus...and the believe in one God,the word in arabic is called islam...that was the preachings of noah,moses,abraham,lot,jesus,evry prophet said God is one...but u christians,u say no,that God is in three person,and this God died for ur sins,did jesus ever said that?no capital NO...so u are following ur own way,not jesus,

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Comparison Between Jesus And Muhammad by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:25pm On Aug 24, 2015
adewalker:

And this is where u christians exhibit lack of knowledge,muslims don't worship mohammad,no muslim worship mohammad,we worship Allah(God),ask the arab christians wat the call God,or infact come nearer to nigeria,ask the northern christian what he calls God,he tells u Allah

Action speaks louder than words. We know how you Muslims react when Muhammad your lord is mentioned in a bad light. You do not bother if your god Allah is mentioned in the same light. Some of you even call Muhmmad 'lord'.

adewalker:

...ur second point,u see jesus was the way the truth and the life,I agree hundred percent,bt when moses was alive who was the way for the children of isreal?,moses,if u wanted salvation in the time of moses,u have to follow moses,if u wanted salvation during the time of noah,u have to follow noah,if u wanted salvation during the time of lot,u have to follow lot,every prophet of God is the way during their time,when mohammad came,if u want salvation,u have to follow mohammad,every prophet is the way during their time,when the children of isreal didn't follow moses again wat happened?God punished them,when the people of noah didn't follow him again wat happened?God punished them,when did people of lot didn't follow him again wat happened?God punished them,so during the time of every prophet,that prophet becomes the way,and for u to get to God u must pass thru them,by following wat they teach

All the Jewish prophets you mentioned never said that they were 'the way, the truth and the life' only Jesus Christ made that emphatic claim and any other proposition is one of darkness.

adewalker:

....ur third is actually funny,cos if u don't believe in that miracle of jesus,then I should be telling u don't believe in jesus,there are miracles in ur bible that is even greater than that

It was from the Jewish folklore legends that Muhammad got the story that Jesus turned clay into a bird, it was a fiction story that entertained the Jews but your prophet misconstrued for the truth which he plagiarised into your 'holy book' of which you have now swallowed hook, line and stinker.

adewalker:

....now ur fourth we all believe in the gospel(injeel),that was the message jesus preached,and in this message of jesus,no where did jesus ever say"I am God,worship me,or that I will die for ur sins,or that God is three in one"

If the Qur'an is true then Islam is false because the Qur'an said that the gospel was inspired by God and since Islam denies the gospel truth then you must know that you are into falsehood.

adewalker:

...so wat message did jesus preach,let us ask jesus,shall we?,jesus said this is the most important commandment"hear o isreal ur God our lord is one"mark 12vs29,but if I should u christians ur most important commandment u tell me"believe in God in three person,the father,son and holy ghost"jesus said ur God is one,u christians are saying the opposite...so u see my brother u people are the ones nt following the teachings of jesus...and the believe in one God,the word in arabic is called islam...that was the preachings of noah,moses,abraham,lot,jesus,evry prophet said God is one...but u christians,u say no,that God is in three person,and this God died for ur sins,did jesus ever said that?no capital NO...so u are following ur own way,not jesus,

The Bible says devils believe that there is one God but they tremble. What's the difference with you and demons if you believe that God is one but you don't believe the gospel truth?
Re: A Comparison Between Jesus And Muhammad by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:27pm On Sep 02, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

7. Life:

Jesus had the power to take life but never did. He restored it.

Muhammad had the power to take it, but he never restored it.

7. b Life:

No one ever died in Jesus' presence.

Many people died in Muhammad's presence--he killed them.
Re: A Comparison Between Jesus And Muhammad by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:58am On Sep 08, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

7. b Life:

8. Marriage:

Jesus never married.

Muhammad had over 20 wives and even married a nine-year-old girl. (Aisha was actually 6 years old when he married her). lipsrsealed
Re: A Comparison Between Jesus And Muhammad by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:24pm On Sep 10, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

8. Marriage:

Jesus never married.

Muhammad had over 20 wives and even married a nine-year-old girl. (Aisha was actually 6 years old when he married her). lipsrsealed

9. Ministry:

Jesus received His calling from God directly. (Matt. 3:17).

Muhammad allegedly received it from an angel (Gabriel).
Re: A Comparison Between Jesus And Muhammad by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:47pm On Sep 11, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

9. Ministry:

Jesus received His calling from God directly. (Matt. 3:17).

Muhammad allegedly received it from an angel (Gabriel).

9 b. Ministry:

Jesus received His commission in the daylight.

Muhammad received his words in the darkness of a cave.
Re: A Comparison Between Jesus And Muhammad by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:50am On Sep 14, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

9 b. Ministry:

Jesus received His commission in the daylight.

Muhammad received his words in the darkness of a cave.

10. Ministry Length:

Jesus taught for 3 1/2 years.

Muhammad taught for more than 20 years.
Re: A Comparison Between Jesus And Muhammad by erikcantona: 3:16pm On Sep 14, 2015
bilalfarid:
OP u dnt just copy somthing from another website and paste here on NL for discussion, even my 15 year old Lil brother would give a satisfying answer to wat ur so called MATT Slick holds unto as d reason y jesus is gr8ter dan Muhammad (saw).
magnitude of miracles can no be used as a standard to judge which prophet is greater. The bible even mentioned other miracles by other prophets which where gr8ter than that of Jesus, examples below:
Jesus (ﷺ) fed thousands with a few fish and loaves of bread

Elisha fed a hundred people with twenty barley loaves and a few ears of corn (2 Kings 4:44); granted a widow such an abundant flow of oil from a jar that she was able to pay off her debts, save her sons from slavery, and live on the profits (2 Kings 4:1-7); and gave increase to a handful of flour and spot of oil such that he, a widow and her son had enough to eat for many days, after which "The bin of flour was not used up, nor did the jar of oil run dry". (1 Kings 17:10-16).

B. Jesus (ﷺ) healed the lepers

Elisha healed Naaman (2 Kings 5:7-14); for that matter, the disciples were bidden to such service in Matthew 10:8.

C. Jesus (ﷺ) cured a blind man

Elisha not only struck his enemies blind, but restored vision to the blind through prayer (2 Kings 6:17-20).

D. Jesus (ﷺ) raised the dead

Moses put life into a dead stick and transmuted it from the plant kingdom to the animal kingdom by making it into a serpent (Exodus 7:10)

Elisha raised two children from the dead (1 Kings 17:22; 2 Kings 4:34)

Elisha's bones brought a man back to life merely by coming into contact with the corpse (2 Kings 13:21)

The disciples were bidden to raise the dead (Matthew 10:cool

E. Jesus (ﷺ) walked on water

Moses (ﷺ) parted the sea.

F. Jesus (ﷺ) cast out devils

So did his disciples (Matthew 10:cool and the sons of the Pharisees (Matthew 12:27; Luke 11:19).
So OP disregard matt slick's write ups. If magnitude of miracles determine a prophets gr8tnes the jesus won't be head of when they talk of miracles.
NOTE: according to the bible. dis raises another uestion of the bible inaccuracy.
did. Mohammed actually marry 9 year old Girls? Did he actually fight wars to convert people?i
Re: A Comparison Between Jesus And Muhammad by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:57am On Sep 15, 2015
erikcantona:

did. Mohammed actually marry 9 year old Girls? Did he actually fight wars to convert people?i

Good question. cool
Re: A Comparison Between Jesus And Muhammad by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:51pm On Sep 19, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

10. Ministry Length:

Jesus taught for 3 1/2 years.

Muhammad taught for more than 20 years.

11. Miracles:

Jesus performed many miracles including healing people, calming a storm with a command, and raising people from the dead.

Muhammad's only alleged miracle was the Quran.
Re: A Comparison Between Jesus And Muhammad by mubarakopeyemi(m): 1:37pm On Sep 20, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Jesus said "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life, no one comes to the Father but by Me" Do you believe Him?

Who is jesus pls.
God, son of God or servant of God
Re: A Comparison Between Jesus And Muhammad by mubarakopeyemi(m): 1:43pm On Sep 20, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

11. Miracles:

Jesus performed many miracles including healing people, calming a storm with a command, and raising people from the dead.

Muhammad's only alleged miracle was the Quran.

Blind xtians tho grin blinded deafed by hate
Christians often ask what miracles the prophet
Muhammad performed; many of u even make the
claim that the Quran and the hadiths record no
miracles done by the prophet. However so, it seems
that I am reading a different Quran and hadith then,
because you would have to be blind, or a big liar to
claim that there are no recorded miracles of the
prophet found in Islamic sources.

The Traditions mentioned below are all from Sahih
al-Bukhari, the most authentic collection of ahadith

1- Splitting of the Moon
"The Hour has drawn near, and the moon has been
cleft asunder" [Qur'an 54:1]

Volume 6, Book 60, Number 388:
Narrated Abdullah:
The moon was cleft asunder while we were in the
company of the Prophet, and it became two parts.
The Prophet said, Witness, witness (this miracle)."

2- Food Multiplication

Sahih Bukahri: Volume 4, Book 56, Number 780:
Narrated Jabir:
My father had died in debt. So I came to the Prophet and said, "My father (died) leaving unpaid debts, and I have nothing except the yield of his date palms; and their yield for many years will not cover his debts. So please come with me, so that the creditors may not misbehave with me." The Prophet went round one of the heaps of dates and invoked (Allah), and then did the same with another heap and sat on it and said, "Measure (for them)." He paid them their rights and what remained was as much as had been paid to them.

3- Water Multiplication
Volume 4, Book 56, Number 779:
Narrated 'Abdullah:
We used to consider miracles as Allah's Blessings,
but you people consider them to be a warning. Once we were with Allah's Apostle on a journey, and we ran short of water. He said, "Bring the water
remaining with you." The people brought a utensil
containing a little water. He placed his hand in it and said, "Come to the blessed water, and the Blessing is from Allah." I saw the water flowing from among the fingers of Allah's Apostle , and no doubt, we heard the meal glorifying Allah, when it was being eaten (by him).

Volume 4, Book 56, Number 777:
Narrated Al-Bara:
We were one-thousand-and-four-hundred persons
on the day of Al-Hudaibiya (Treaty), and (at) Al-
Hudaibiya (there) was a well. We drew out its water
not leaving even a single drop. The Prophet sat at
the edge of the well and asked for some water with
which he rinsed his mouth and then he threw it out
into the well. We stayed for a short while and then
drew water from the well and quenched our thirst,
and even our riding animals drank water to their
satisfaction.

4- Supplication for Rain
Volume 8, Book 73, Number 115:
Narrated Anas:
A man came to the Prophet on a Friday while he (the Prophet) was delivering a sermon at Medina, and said, "There is lack of rain, so please invoke your Lord to bless us with the rain." The Prophet looked at the sky when no cloud could be detected. Then he invoked Allah for rain. Clouds started gathering together and it rained till the Medina valleys started flowing with water. It continued raining till the next Friday. Then that man (or some other man) stood up while the Prophet was delivering the Friday sermon, and said, "We are drowned; Please invoke your Lord to withhold it (rain) from us" The Prophet smiled and said twice or thrice, "O Allah! Please let it rain round about us and not upon us." The clouds started dispersing over Medina to the right and to the left, and it rained round about Medina and not upon Medina. Allah showed them (the people) the miracle of His Prophet and His response to his invocation.

5- Lights to guide Companions
Volume 1, Book 8, Number 454:
Narrated Anas bin Malik:
Two of the companions of the Prophet departed
from him on a dark night and were led by two lights
like lamps (going in front of them from Allah as a
miracle) lighting the way in front of them, and when
they parted, each of them was accompanied by one
of these lights till he reached their (respective)
houses.

6- Crying of the stem of the Date-palm Tree
Volume 4, Book 56, Number 783:
Narrated Ibn Umar:
The Prophet used to deliver his sermons while
standing beside a trunk of a datepalm. When he had
the pulpit made, he used it instead. The trunk
started crying and the Prophet went to it, rubbing
his hand over it (to stop its crying).

8- The Prophet's Night Journey to Jerusalem (Arabic:
Israa) and Ascent to the Heavens (Arabic: Miraj)
Volume 5, Book 58, Number 228:
Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:
Regarding the Statement of Allah"
"And We granted the vision (Ascension to the
heavens) which We made you see (as an actual eye
witness) was only made as a trial for the people." (17.60)

Ibn Abbas added: The sights which Allah's Apostle
was shown on the Night Journey when he was taken
to Bait-ul Maqdis (i.e. Jerusalem) were actual sights,
(not dreams). And the Cursed Tree (mentioned) in
the Quran is the tree of Zaqqum (itself) .
Volume 4, Book 54, Number 462:

Narrated Ibn Abbas:
The Prophet said, "On the night of my Ascent to the
Heaven, I saw Moses who was a tall brown curly-
haired man as if he was one of the men of Shan'awa
tribe, and I saw Jesus, a man of medium height and
moderate complexion inclined to the red and white
colors and of lank hair. I also saw Malik, the gate-
keeper of the (Hell) Fire and Ad-Dajjal amongst the
signs which Allah showed me." (The Prophet then
recited the Holy Verse): "So be not you in doubt of
meeting him' when you met Moses during the night
of Mi'raj over the heavens" (32.23)
Narrated Anas and Abu Bakra: "The Prophet said,
"The angels will guard Medina from Ad-Dajjal (who
will not be able to enter the city of Medina)."
Re: A Comparison Between Jesus And Muhammad by mubarakopeyemi(m): 1:50pm On Sep 20, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

7. b Life:

Lies all over you. Bible taught u that too. That useless book.

Muhammed PBUH didn't kill anyone even in course of war. Only for a man who was about killing him and muhammed defended himself.
Explain this.

Why jesus said this

Luke 19:27 --But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them--bring them here and kill them in front of me

Jesus cry
Re: A Comparison Between Jesus And Muhammad by mubarakopeyemi(m): 2:02pm On Sep 20, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

6. Killing:

Muhammad killed many.

I see grin

No one should ever reply this ignorant fool. cheesy
Muhammed killed many grin grin

I can't laugh.

That buyboo taught you lies.

Paul said in romans 3:7
Someone might argue, "If my falsehood enhances God's truthfulness and so increases his glory, why am I still condemned as a sinner?

Continue. Its the way of your oga.
Re: A Comparison Between Jesus And Muhammad by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:44pm On Sep 22, 2015
mubarakopeyemi:

Who is jesus pls.
God, son of God or servant of God

He is definitely not the Isa of the Qur'an. cool

Re: A Comparison Between Jesus And Muhammad by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:47pm On Sep 22, 2015
mubarakopeyemi:

Blind xtians tho grin blinded deafed by hate
Christians often ask what miracles the prophet
Muhammad performed; many of u even make the
claim that the Quran and the hadiths record no
miracles done by the prophet. However so, it seems
that I am reading a different Quran and hadith then,
because you would have to be blind, or a big liar to
claim that there are no recorded miracles of the
prophet found in Islamic sources.

The Traditions mentioned below are all from Sahih
al-Bukhari, the most authentic collection of ahadith

1- Splitting of the Moon
"The Hour has drawn near, and the moon has been
cleft asunder" [Qur'an 54:1]

Volume 6, Book 60, Number 388:
Narrated Abdullah:
The moon was cleft asunder while we were in the
company of the Prophet, and it became two parts.
The Prophet said, Witness, witness (this miracle)."

2- Food Multiplication

Sahih Bukahri: Volume 4, Book 56, Number 780:
Narrated Jabir:
My father had died in debt. So I came to the Prophet and said, "My father (died) leaving unpaid debts, and I have nothing except the yield of his date palms; and their yield for many years will not cover his debts. So please come with me, so that the creditors may not misbehave with me." The Prophet went round one of the heaps of dates and invoked (Allah), and then did the same with another heap and sat on it and said, "Measure (for them)." He paid them their rights and what remained was as much as had been paid to them.

3- Water Multiplication
Volume 4, Book 56, Number 779:
Narrated 'Abdullah:
We used to consider miracles as Allah's Blessings,
but you people consider them to be a warning. Once we were with Allah's Apostle on a journey, and we ran short of water. He said, "Bring the water
remaining with you." The people brought a utensil
containing a little water. He placed his hand in it and said, "Come to the blessed water, and the Blessing is from Allah." I saw the water flowing from among the fingers of Allah's Apostle , and no doubt, we heard the meal glorifying Allah, when it was being eaten (by him).

Volume 4, Book 56, Number 777:
Narrated Al-Bara:
We were one-thousand-and-four-hundred persons
on the day of Al-Hudaibiya (Treaty), and (at) Al-
Hudaibiya (there) was a well. We drew out its water
not leaving even a single drop. The Prophet sat at
the edge of the well and asked for some water with
which he rinsed his mouth and then he threw it out
into the well. We stayed for a short while and then
drew water from the well and quenched our thirst,
and even our riding animals drank water to their
satisfaction.

4- Supplication for Rain
Volume 8, Book 73, Number 115:
Narrated Anas:
A man came to the Prophet on a Friday while he (the Prophet) was delivering a sermon at Medina, and said, "There is lack of rain, so please invoke your Lord to bless us with the rain." The Prophet looked at the sky when no cloud could be detected. Then he invoked Allah for rain. Clouds started gathering together and it rained till the Medina valleys started flowing with water. It continued raining till the next Friday. Then that man (or some other man) stood up while the Prophet was delivering the Friday sermon, and said, "We are drowned; Please invoke your Lord to withhold it (rain) from us" The Prophet smiled and said twice or thrice, "O Allah! Please let it rain round about us and not upon us." The clouds started dispersing over Medina to the right and to the left, and it rained round about Medina and not upon Medina. Allah showed them (the people) the miracle of His Prophet and His response to his invocation.

5- Lights to guide Companions
Volume 1, Book 8, Number 454:
Narrated Anas bin Malik:
Two of the companions of the Prophet departed
from him on a dark night and were led by two lights
like lamps (going in front of them from Allah as a
miracle) lighting the way in front of them, and when
they parted, each of them was accompanied by one
of these lights till he reached their (respective)
houses.

6- Crying of the stem of the Date-palm Tree
Volume 4, Book 56, Number 783:
Narrated Ibn Umar:
The Prophet used to deliver his sermons while
standing beside a trunk of a datepalm. When he had
the pulpit made, he used it instead. The trunk
started crying and the Prophet went to it, rubbing
his hand over it (to stop its crying).

8- The Prophet's Night Journey to Jerusalem (Arabic:
Israa) and Ascent to the Heavens (Arabic: Miraj)
Volume 5, Book 58, Number 228:
Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:
Regarding the Statement of Allah"
"And We granted the vision (Ascension to the
heavens) which We made you see (as an actual eye
witness) was only made as a trial for the people." (17.60)

Ibn Abbas added: The sights which Allah's Apostle
was shown on the Night Journey when he was taken
to Bait-ul Maqdis (i.e. Jerusalem) were actual sights,
(not dreams). And the Cursed Tree (mentioned) in
the Quran is the tree of Zaqqum (itself) .
Volume 4, Book 54, Number 462:

Narrated Ibn Abbas:
The Prophet said, "On the night of my Ascent to the
Heaven, I saw Moses who was a tall brown curly-
haired man as if he was one of the men of Shan'awa
tribe, and I saw Jesus, a man of medium height and
moderate complexion inclined to the red and white
colors and of lank hair. I also saw Malik, the gate-
keeper of the (Hell) Fire and Ad-Dajjal amongst the
signs which Allah showed me." (The Prophet then
recited the Holy Verse): "So be not you in doubt of
meeting him' when you met Moses during the night
of Mi'raj over the heavens" (32.23)
Narrated Anas and Abu Bakra: "The Prophet said,
"The angels will guard Medina from Ad-Dajjal (who
will not be able to enter the city of Medina)."

Muhammad's miracle was only in and stays in the Qur'an and hadiths but Jesus miracles is the same yesterday, today and forever. cheesy
Re: A Comparison Between Jesus And Muhammad by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:50pm On Sep 22, 2015
mubarakopeyemi:

Lies all over you. Bible taught u that too. That useless book.

Muhammed PBUH didn't kill anyone even in course of war. Only for a man who was about killing him and muhammed defended himself.
Explain this.

Why jesus said this

Luke 19:27 --But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them--bring them here and kill them in front of me

Jesus cry

Tell that to the flies. His slaves are busy carrying on from where he stopped and you are here spinning your taqqiya. undecided

mubarakopeyemi:

I see grin

No one should ever reply this ignorant fool. cheesy
Muhammed killed many grin grin

I can't laugh.

That buyboo taught you lies.

Paul said in romans 3:7
Someone might argue, "If my falsehood enhances God's truthfulness and so increases his glory, why am I still condemned as a sinner?

Continue. Its the way of your oga.

There are other ways of debating other than cursing and insulting.
Re: A Comparison Between Jesus And Muhammad by Rilwon: 4:00pm On Sep 22, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Muhammad's miracle was only in and stays in the Qur'an and hadiths but Jesus miracles is the same yesterday, today and forever. cheesy

Hey! Can you perform any miracle in ypur life?
Re: A Comparison Between Jesus And Muhammad by mubarakopeyemi(m): 4:06pm On Sep 22, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

I can see it grin
Thanks.
Now Bye. cool

You got any more sensible things to say?
Feel free to quote me and reply yourself at the same time.
Salam.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Why We Attacked Catholic Church In Suleja - Suspect Reveals / When You Only Meet Men That Only Want Sex / Pastor Adeboye Responds To Protesters, Speaks On His Position On National Issues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.