Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,839 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

PMB’s Delay In Naming Key Appointments Is Irritating, Frustrating, Unacceptable - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PMB’s Delay In Naming Key Appointments Is Irritating, Frustrating, Unacceptable (23825 Views)

Buhari’s Parochial Appointments Is Corruption – Punch / Buhari's Appointments Is Anti North,---junaid Ibrahim / Senator Dino Melaye Stupendous Display Of Wealth Is Irritating (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PMB’s Delay In Naming Key Appointments Is Irritating, Frustrating, Unacceptable by Donvic4u(m): 7:55am On Jul 02, 2015
hmmmm..
but why d delay sef?

Uncensored news right from the source Visit www.justgist.net for Latest Happenings around you
Re: PMB’s Delay In Naming Key Appointments Is Irritating, Frustrating, Unacceptable by scofieldsimba(m): 7:56am On Jul 02, 2015
This mtn network na yeye. I suppose hit front page.

Oga barcanista where are you?
They have started biting their fingers and making U turns.
In this new month, all ur problems will begin to make U turn in Jesus name.

I need a louder amen

Abeg dem cut your salary?

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: PMB’s Delay In Naming Key Appointments Is Irritating, Frustrating, Unacceptable by PassingShot(m): 7:56am On Jul 02, 2015
omenka:
Lol. But you are a known WailingWailer naw. cheesy

@ PassingShot- e get as the tin be oo. But I still got some patience though. wink
My patience is wearing very thin!

Common, we're talking about COS, SGF, Advisers and a few ministers whose ministries will not be merged such as Finance, Works, etc.
Re: PMB’s Delay In Naming Key Appointments Is Irritating, Frustrating, Unacceptable by Nobody: 7:56am On Jul 02, 2015
Is this Passingshot or am I dreaming? embarassed

12 Likes

Re: PMB’s Delay In Naming Key Appointments Is Irritating, Frustrating, Unacceptable by NgeneUkwenu(f): 7:58am On Jul 02, 2015
PassingShot:

In the offing for the next two months? What about the COS, SGF and key advisers?

COS, SGF and some Key Advisers will be named before Monday!

Relax! Allow the Wailing Wailers to wail grin

4 Likes

Re: PMB’s Delay In Naming Key Appointments Is Irritating, Frustrating, Unacceptable by Ola17: 7:58am On Jul 02, 2015
I believe it is not just frustrating but also annoying. 3 months after winning the election and more than 1 month after being sworn in yet the government lacks any clearcut policy direction, no appointments into key sectors of the administration.
Seems everything is on autopilot.

Someone should tell the 'president' that Nigeria is too big to be run like a family plantation.
This is the biggest economy in Africa for goodness sake! You need to be close to some ministries to see the kind of unprecedented fraud going on right now, everyone is confused, looting and cover up everywhere!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: PMB’s Delay In Naming Key Appointments Is Irritating, Frustrating, Unacceptable by PassingShot(m): 7:59am On Jul 02, 2015
dearpreye:
PMB is not adequately prepared for this job.

He's learning on it.

We wait till September.

That's change.
If he is actually learning on it, his won't be the first time since GEJ learnt on it too.
Re: PMB’s Delay In Naming Key Appointments Is Irritating, Frustrating, Unacceptable by ShowYourCertificate: 7:59am On Jul 02, 2015
PassingShot:

If we need four years to judge that, how can you now make that statement of finality? cool
What a child cannot see while climbing a palmtree can be sighted by an old man sitting on his chair cool

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PMB’s Delay In Naming Key Appointments Is Irritating, Frustrating, Unacceptable by PassingShot(m): 7:59am On Jul 02, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

I hope so but these are long overdue.

1 Like

Re: PMB’s Delay In Naming Key Appointments Is Irritating, Frustrating, Unacceptable by LouisVanGaal(m): 8:00am On Jul 02, 2015
PassingShot, relax bros! Let us remain patient and hopes PMB justifies these delays...i share the same sentiment with you..but the post of the president is likened to that of a coach...he is given a free hand to do what he likes...in terms of appointments, and @ his own pace...so that he wont give excuses when the time for judgement comes...
So PMB is asking for time? Lets give it to him, and enough!!
Re: PMB’s Delay In Naming Key Appointments Is Irritating, Frustrating, Unacceptable by Nobody: 8:00am On Jul 02, 2015
I'm not surprised. This is a fumbling and wobbling govt. You can't give what you don't have.

15 Likes

Re: PMB’s Delay In Naming Key Appointments Is Irritating, Frustrating, Unacceptable by Firefire(m): 8:00am On Jul 02, 2015
mistabiola:

Help yourself sir cheesy cheesy

But why

Ninu aawe?
Re: PMB’s Delay In Naming Key Appointments Is Irritating, Frustrating, Unacceptable by ShowYourCertificate: 8:00am On Jul 02, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

Apparently he has joined the Wailing Wailers club grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: PMB’s Delay In Naming Key Appointments Is Irritating, Frustrating, Unacceptable by Nobody: 8:00am On Jul 02, 2015
EUROBOMBER:
Is this Passingshot or am I dreaming? embarassed

You're not dreaming. There's a limit to partisanship.

Defending the indefensible is one of the most stressful jobs in the world. Even the most ardent of supporters get occasionally tired of defending incompetence.

9 Likes 3 Shares

The President's ineffectiveness is already causing so much harm on the economy.

6 Likes

Re: PMB’s Delay In Naming Key Appointments Is Irritating, Frustrating, Unacceptable by INTROVERT(f): 8:00am On Jul 02, 2015
[quote author=omenka post=35386308]Lol. But you are a known WailingWailer naw. cheesy

Do you have empirical evidence. grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: PMB’s Delay In Naming Key Appointments Is Irritating, Frustrating, Unacceptable by anonimi: 8:01am On Jul 02, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
No be una campaign for the Dullard from Daura? I can't laugh grin grin

Dem eye dey clear small small like that bae wey follow FAKE millionaire (Olorunsogo) instead of growing with bobo wey get prospects (Surulere). When she go come realise e go too late to cry so tey she go still dey pretend like sey all is well. Who sai

[img]http://1.bp..com/-w3616-MiOlY/VMS-W-IAuUI/AAAAAAAEXj0/puKhCx2TjBk/s1600/1.jpg[/img]

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PMB’s Delay In Naming Key Appointments Is Irritating, Frustrating, Unacceptable by Nobody: 8:01am On Jul 02, 2015
T
Re: PMB’s Delay In Naming Key Appointments Is Irritating, Frustrating, Unacceptable by jcross19: 8:01am On Jul 02, 2015
Our president is an elderly man and soon he may be suffering from amnesia before you know it he will forget to osinbajo but call him sai baba. Please we need to pray for me. If pmb is waiting for free air of corruption trust me 10years no government appointees. Because corruption will be a war to battle with.

2 Likes

Re: PMB’s Delay In Naming Key Appointments Is Irritating, Frustrating, Unacceptable by vedaxcool(m): 8:02am On Jul 02, 2015
dearpreye:
[s]Good to know you now agree PMB is snailing, and it's frustrating the system.

Actually governance isn't a child's play. It's serious business.

Your Saint has woefully failed his very first series of exams.
[/s]
He's been vying for this post for the past 12 years. With all due respect, it seems he's totally confused and at a loss of what should be done.

[s]There's hardly a second time for making a first impression. I'm not surprised. He wasn't prepared.

It was all about removing GEJ. That's all.

We're waiting till September for his cabinet.

SMH!!![/s]

The damages over the years had gone out of control. So you do agree the country is actually in a very bad state occasioned by gej poor and parasitic leadership.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PMB’s Delay In Naming Key Appointments Is Irritating, Frustrating, Unacceptable by PassingShot(m): 8:02am On Jul 02, 2015
LouisVanGaal:
PassingShot, relax bros! Let us remain patient and hopes PMB justifies these delays...i share the same sentiment with you..but the post of the president is likened to that of a coach...he is given a free hand to do what he likes...in terms of appointments, and @ his own pace...so that he wont give excuses when the time for judgement comes...
But we have a right to expect better performance than this having believed that he was adequately prepared as he promised.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PMB’s Delay In Naming Key Appointments Is Irritating, Frustrating, Unacceptable by hotgunz(m): 8:02am On Jul 02, 2015
We all called GEJ clueless, now don't knw wat to call ds snail Oldman

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: PMB’s Delay In Naming Key Appointments Is Irritating, Frustrating, Unacceptable by Bibidear(f): 8:02am On Jul 02, 2015
We shud give him some more tym
Re: PMB’s Delay In Naming Key Appointments Is Irritating, Frustrating, Unacceptable by Nobody: 8:02am On Jul 02, 2015
PassingShot:

What patience and planning is required in naming COS, SGF and some important advisers? These are people he should have known before he was sworn in.

Gbam!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: PMB’s Delay In Naming Key Appointments Is Irritating, Frustrating, Unacceptable by anonimi: 8:02am On Jul 02, 2015
LouisVanGaal:
PassingShot, relax bros! Let us remain patient and hopes PMB justifies these delays

Bibidear:
We shud give him some more tym

Bros, delay is dangerous oh =>

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2565167_img20150627195227_jpeg2a7781584b85bb42e9e6f36820fcce28

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: PMB’s Delay In Naming Key Appointments Is Irritating, Frustrating, Unacceptable by AZeD1(m): 8:03am On Jul 02, 2015
PassingShot:

In the offing for the next two months? What about the COS, SGF and key advisers?
1) What is the job of a Chief of Staff and SGF?
2) Are you worried that he doesn't have advisers or you don't know the name of his advisers?
3) What is it that a minister can do that a permanent secretary or director in the ministry can't do?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PMB’s Delay In Naming Key Appointments Is Irritating, Frustrating, Unacceptable by Firefire(m): 8:03am On Jul 02, 2015
LouisVanGaal:

You need more time ?

We should give him more time ?

How long time since Nigerians are hungry for Change?

Snail moving was never expected.

2 Likes

Re: PMB’s Delay In Naming Key Appointments Is Irritating, Frustrating, Unacceptable by Realdeals(m): 8:03am On Jul 02, 2015
Ok
Re: PMB’s Delay In Naming Key Appointments Is Irritating, Frustrating, Unacceptable by Bibidear(f): 8:04am On Jul 02, 2015
LouisVanGaal:
ermm,are u d real louis vangaal
Re: PMB’s Delay In Naming Key Appointments Is Irritating, Frustrating, Unacceptable by anonimi: 8:05am On Jul 02, 2015
PassingShot:
But we have a right to expect better performance than this having believed that he was adequately prepared as he promised.

More than adequately prepared since he applied and FAILED for the same job in the past 12 years- 2003, 2007 & 2011 in addition to being a former Head of State for two years in the 80s

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2029034_failbuhari10_jpeg11315a33f99ed88e64c2c875eabb4b78

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PMB’s Delay In Naming Key Appointments Is Irritating, Frustrating, Unacceptable by mrkings84(m): 8:05am On Jul 02, 2015
PassingShot:

My last paragraph should make people like you to keep quiet if you have nothing good to contribute. grin
ARE U IN UR RIGHT SENSES, SO U EXPECT EVERYONE TO DANCE TO UR TUNE ABI??

U better stop complaining and face ur change.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: PMB’s Delay In Naming Key Appointments Is Irritating, Frustrating, Unacceptable by chemali: 8:05am On Jul 02, 2015
PassingShot:
There is no gainsaying the fact that I am an ardent believer and supporter of the president. I am still proud in the little ways I contributed to his victory at the last presidential poll. Not only that I campaigned for his emergence online and offline, I also contributed financially to the course.

As I have said on many occasions in the past, it will be silly for me to want to stick out my neck to defend politicians when they’re clearly in the wrong and especially when I am not in any way related to any of them. PMB has clearly erred in this prolonged delay to name his cabinet! I once did a thread to support him when he was criticized just after twelve days in office https://www.nairaland.com/2371788/efforts-signs-president-buhari-twelve but I have no genuine reasons to continue to hold on to that position after another three weeks.

At first, I accepted that GEJ’s deliberate delay in handing over of hand-over notes of MDAs to the president was responsible for the delay in appointing his ministers BUT can the same excuse/reason still be valid for the continued stalling of this very important action more than a month after receiving the documents?

I also accepted that not knowing who the NASS leaders were going to be was partly responsible for not naming a COS and SGF but again, it’s already more than three weeks since we’ve known our Senate President and HOR Speaker! Besides, appointment of these two very important personnel (SGF & COS) have NOTHING to do with the purported “merging of some MDAs” the president is believed to be working on.

Not having a COS and an SGF must surely be impacting negatively on governance. Not acting very fast and decisively to name key advisers and some ministers (Finance, Works, Power/Energy, etc.) is surely making the president look confused and indecisive! It is irritating and even frustrating to read that we may not have ministers until late August or early September. Though I don’t want to believe this news but if it is what PMB is planning, it is in his interest to drop toying with that idea. Such action/plan is not only naïve, clueless and irritating but also very dangerous and unexplainable!

Does the president not need some of these ministers and other political appointees to drive through his policies? Or does he think he and a few clique of Fashola, Ogbonnaya Onu, Amaechi, etc (in unofficial capacities at that) can resolve all the myriad challenges in all ministries? Can the Permanent Secretaries breathe the type of fresh life needed in their ministry to it? Nigeria deserves far better than this from PMB/APC and their team.

Make no mistakes about it, sending GEJ and his team packing and the enthronement of Muhammadu Buhari as our president was the best decision Nigerians took in the last general election. But having said this, I have to add that the president has somewhat failed in the areas mentioned. PMB needs to make us continue to believe in him as the leader Nigeria needs at this critical time of our nation’s life.

@ PMB #NameYourCabinetNow

I share your disappointment as to the delay in naming his cabinet members. However, I'm not so surprised. In 1983/1984, he named his cabinet after about 6 months and yet he made an impact in his 20 months administration. Change will occur but he should step on the gas pedal. We are losing patience

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Automatic Ticket: Protest Rocks PDP, Two Shot, As Stakeholders Reject Decision / How Does One Get A Government Appointment? / Continue Tweeting, National Assembly Minority Caucus Tells Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.