Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,718 members, 7,824,042 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:05 PM

PMB’s Delay In Naming Key Appointments Is Irritating, Frustrating, Unacceptable - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PMB’s Delay In Naming Key Appointments Is Irritating, Frustrating, Unacceptable (23881 Views)

Buhari’s Parochial Appointments Is Corruption – Punch / Buhari's Appointments Is Anti North,---junaid Ibrahim / Senator Dino Melaye Stupendous Display Of Wealth Is Irritating (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PMB’s Delay In Naming Key Appointments Is Irritating, Frustrating, Unacceptable by kenny987(f): 9:24am On Jul 02, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

Wailing Wailer, all the things you listed above were the legacies Jonathan left behind.

CHANGE as Nigerians know and expect it is to right the wrongs and set better standards not deliberately maintain the status quo and force it down the throat of Nigerians that it is the 'legacy' of the past govt. At this time there ought to be clear policy direction and the implementors of those policies ought to be certain and known. They 'perfectly ' identified problems and took the extra effort to lay it all at the feet of d immediate past govt as if Nigeria was El-Dorado before GEJ. You would think that having identified these problems they'd be ready with solutions first of which was to harass d immediate past govt out of power. Nigerians have played their role with their votes so what do they get in return? The blame game and a recitation of problems? They knew that already and supposedly voted for 'change'.

3 Likes

Re: PMB’s Delay In Naming Key Appointments Is Irritating, Frustrating, Unacceptable by Nobody: 9:25am On Jul 02, 2015
Beremx:
this is how barcanista the protection seeker started. Kindly tell us if you have been bought over too and let's know where your loyalty lies.
let's talk about issues instead of tomato seller name calling.

@ beremx, In your humble opinion Has there been any gloom in Nigeria since PMB came in taking into cognisance every facet of the economy?

2 Likes

Re: PMB’s Delay In Naming Key Appointments Is Irritating, Frustrating, Unacceptable by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 9:27am On Jul 02, 2015
Beremx:
this is how barcanista the protection seeker started. Kindly tell us if you have been bought over too and let's know where your loyalty lies.
So if an Apc supporter speaks d truth,he has been bought,you think everybody has sold their conscience like you?

4 Likes

Re: PMB’s Delay In Naming Key Appointments Is Irritating, Frustrating, Unacceptable by ideylaff: 9:27am On Jul 02, 2015
Nigerians already eager to know the next Business as usual Minister of continuity.

Proper change as a change expert needs untangling especially in a system that's bn a rot over the years.

I am ready to wait at least a month for a formidable team than a hijacked team full of sharks and vultures.

I don't think people understand the spendthrift damage that was done by GEJ and his team desperate to cling on to power at all costs

Even respected Okonjo Iwesla became a liar over night to cover up Jonathan .

I am ready to wait

The CBN governor will be going soon he's a criminal to the core in suit. More to follow

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PMB’s Delay In Naming Key Appointments Is Irritating, Frustrating, Unacceptable by solidman59(m): 9:28am On Jul 02, 2015
HIGHESTPOPORI:
So if an Apc supporter speaks d truth,he has been bought,you think everybody has sold their conscience like you?
Chai buhari
Re: PMB’s Delay In Naming Key Appointments Is Irritating, Frustrating, Unacceptable by PassingShot(m): 9:30am On Jul 02, 2015
Beremx:
My loyalty lies with good governance. You must surely have read on some occasions where I clearly stated that I will be silly to stick my neck out for poor decisions/policies of any politicians. After all dem no be my relations!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: PMB’s Delay In Naming Key Appointments Is Irritating, Frustrating, Unacceptable by ZeezaRapture(m): 9:31am On Jul 02, 2015
eph12:

But the SP has already vowed to confirm any ministerial list sent by PMB so I don't think you're right. Those for Saraki are ready to sit but it's the other group that's causing problems. If only APC can accept the status quo.

hmmm
Re: PMB’s Delay In Naming Key Appointments Is Irritating, Frustrating, Unacceptable by Beremx(f): 9:33am On Jul 02, 2015
PassingShot:

My loyalty lies with good governance. You must surely have read on some occasions where I clearly stated that I will be silly to stick my neck out for poor decisions/policies of any politicians. After all dem no be my relations!
so what makes the delay in appointment of Ministers and SAs by PMB a poor decision/policy? Kindly explain!
Re: PMB’s Delay In Naming Key Appointments Is Irritating, Frustrating, Unacceptable by Ahmeduana(m): 9:33am On Jul 02, 2015
vedaxcool:
Patience is a virtue, if u can survive 6 years of cluelessness u definately can survive 2 months of planning. I know something great will come out of this.
YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND THE DYNAMISM OF ECONOMY, LET ASSUME THAT SOMETHING HAPPENS WITHIN THE NEXT TWO MONTHS THAT HAVE DEVASTATING EFFECT ON THE ECONOMY OF THE NATION, like "400# to a dollar", WHAT IS GOING TO BE BUHARIS PRIORITY? is it going to be salvaging naira to post 200# to a 1$ or stopping it not to escalate beyond 400#? MIND YOU WE ARE EXPECTING A DOLLAR TO BE EQUAL A NAIRA! THE EARLIER HE START WORKING TO SOLVE THE EXISTING PROBLEMS, SO THAT A NEW PROBLEM WILL NOT EMERGE!

2 Likes

Re: PMB’s Delay In Naming Key Appointments Is Irritating, Frustrating, Unacceptable by Nobody: 9:33am On Jul 02, 2015
Let's not rush PMB to appoint rogues as ministers.
Allow him choose,screen and select the best.
Re: PMB’s Delay In Naming Key Appointments Is Irritating, Frustrating, Unacceptable by PassingShot(m): 9:34am On Jul 02, 2015
Caseless:

Everything get as e be. I feel wetin passingshot de feel. I agree with him.

I just want to believe that pmb is not happy that the situation is like this and, he's willing to make things work.

His actions and inactions cost the party NASS leadership and has put the party where it has found itself today. He has to be careful with his ministerial appointments; ofcourse, the same vested interests or various interest group within the party that hijacked the process of electing the NASS leaders last time are still what he has to contend with in taking the step of naming his minister. There is always the need to balance things out, or he ends up fracturing the party. And we all know that when apc is chaos, BUHARI is in chaos too.

@passingshot , we all want things to go as planned. But you know what? Things are not as they appear from the outside. Even omg himself is discobombulated right now cos the damage caused by pdp to the system he's saddled to take care of is far bigger than what he thought it was when he's just a mere opposition head.

When something that has never happened before in a political enclave happens(defeating an incumbent), expect things to take the form and shape they are taking right now.

They say, Nigerians are impatient people, but PMB supporters are different in this order. We're even more patient than arsenal fans grin . I have been voting him since 2003 and I'm even becoming more patient since he assumed power.

Let's be patient , things will come out so good very soon.

TANoids will be waiting for us to push you to them like we did to the protection-seeker. Dem go wait tire! You are own forever and, we agree with your piece.

Nice one!
Thank you. Trust me, I am beyond what TANoids may think. PMB is the only person I have voted for all my life since 2003. I voted for him against OBJ, Yar'Adua and GEJ. So, my belief in him is unwavering but I need him to act better and faster especially naming some key positions not affected by his restructuring efforts.
Re: PMB’s Delay In Naming Key Appointments Is Irritating, Frustrating, Unacceptable by ZeezaRapture(m): 9:35am On Jul 02, 2015
Meehn i cant stand the bashings going on in this thread anymore. *runs out..
Re: PMB’s Delay In Naming Key Appointments Is Irritating, Frustrating, Unacceptable by PassingShot(m): 9:37am On Jul 02, 2015
Beremx:
so what makes the delay in appointment of Ministers and SAs by PMB a poor decision/policy? Kindly explain!
If you read my OP carefully, you'd understand that my main grouse is with failure to appoint COS, SGF, Advisers and perhaps a few ministers (like Finance & Works).

The president surely doesn't need a month plus to name his COS, SGF and some important advisers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PMB’s Delay In Naming Key Appointments Is Irritating, Frustrating, Unacceptable by Nobody: 9:37am On Jul 02, 2015
AZeD1:

Like her you have no clue what the job of a chief of staff is.
Can you please remind me what the constitution of Nigeria says about the chief of staff?
The Chief of Staff (Aso Rock) is the coordinator of all Aides of the President and also civil servants working in Aso Rock. He's the link between the President and his boss' aides that reports to him. Sometimes he attends to the aides on behalf of his boss. The President has so much aides and so much people reporting to him. They all can't go at the same time, the CoS coordinates them. He's also the Chief Adviser of the President. I tell you, the role of CoS is very important that no serious senior official whether in public or private sector can afford to do without it.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: PMB’s Delay In Naming Key Appointments Is Irritating, Frustrating, Unacceptable by PassingShot(m): 9:38am On Jul 02, 2015
Ahmeduana:

IS GOOD THAT YOU PEOPLE HAS START QUESTIONING YOUR SANITY, THE RATIONEL BEHIND YOUR RESOLVE AND YOUR DECISION!
Your English sucks just as your reasoning!
Re: PMB’s Delay In Naming Key Appointments Is Irritating, Frustrating, Unacceptable by ideylaff: 9:41am On Jul 02, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
I think you need to understand the functions of SGF before you start spewing rubbish

So how did Pius Anyim impact this very vital position you are all making noise about?

He has over 60 special assistants to himself doing nothing and getting paid while still looting.

The Chief of Staff is overrated if the leader is not the right leader

Google Pius Anyim all over , all he did was sleep, eat and drink at most meetings

Hence the shabby hand over notes. Pius Anyim never did a days job as SGF other than be a guy man with a ship heading for nowhere.

Chief of Staff is also noise big time. Unless you have the righ hands

Pius Anyim was a waste pipe and a total disgrace to his person and to the office of SGF as well

So what's the rush for these 2 roles.. with square pegs to fit them in

Jonathan took 1 months and 2 weeks to assemble the last criminals that brought us in this rot

OBJ took 2 months to put jus together and Baba OBJ used to work and stay up till late in the middle of the night

I've seen his Green pen on documents signed and reviewed at 2 am mid night

He was a hard worker I must confess but was stubborn and not too tact Phil in his ways
I have no doubt Buhari will take us somewhere positive

Mark my words it's not business as usual hence the frustration we are all facing

Go and read what the CBN DID OVER the elections driving the Rconomy to a halt big time

The after effect now is just a spiral of what was done, it won't disappear over night

We did not vote in a magician but a thorough Leader

Please let's be patient

Minsters are overated unless we get the right hands

I am busy working on a blue print on Job creation and the VP has read over this document with red pen over 20 times back and forth

He reads email and his active for most of the day

Nigerians will marvel when the think tank team delivers the good of this Change

It cannot be rushed

Many a times I submit research work re job creation and value in the past and ministers don't even read them at all

This is a new move , let's pray for them

By the way my work us free, I am not asking a kobo for it

I just want to make people's lives better and move the country forward

I cannot use this medium to talk up work bn done in the background

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PMB’s Delay In Naming Key Appointments Is Irritating, Frustrating, Unacceptable by Nobody: 9:41am On Jul 02, 2015
HIGHESTPOPORI:
My brother, na their problem o
Re: PMB’s Delay In Naming Key Appointments Is Irritating, Frustrating, Unacceptable by Ahmeduana(m): 9:41am On Jul 02, 2015
PassingShot:
Your English sucks just as your reasoning!
I NEVER EXPECT ANYTHING GOOD FROM A ROTTEN MIND!
Re: PMB’s Delay In Naming Key Appointments Is Irritating, Frustrating, Unacceptable by dBard: 9:42am On Jul 02, 2015
MizMyColi:

smiley
Are you inadvertently saying that Nigerians would have tolerated the same issue you're beguiled about had expectations not been high?

Secondly, that phrase "what we have passed through at GEJ's hands" is a largely subjective one, or don't you think?

The difference between those who hold that assertion and those who don't is a mere 3+ million ("mere" when looked at in comparison to our population).

GEJ had his flaws and shortcomings, no doubt.
But I still think of him as the best thing that's happened to our democracy and by extension, our country.

It's annoying wen ppl keep making excuses for inefficiency just to justify their campaign choices.
I didn't care for GEJ in the first election, but btw GEJ n Buhari, I personally felt GEJ (-PEJ) would have been a better choice.

Ppl keep advocating for patience, while we're bin patient...
The economy has taken a downturn n d exchange rate is increasing,
Fuel is not bin imported anymore n fuel stations are shutting down all over the country,
Investors are becoming disillusioned n withdrawing,
The army has lost their initiative and Boko Haram is stepping up, once again, their campaign,
The national assembly is riddled with crises....

The right approach at the wrong time can lead to disaster.

Think we might need to start fasting and praying again f dis country, cos.....

'Nuff said
Re: PMB’s Delay In Naming Key Appointments Is Irritating, Frustrating, Unacceptable by KAYD007(m): 9:43am On Jul 02, 2015
anonimi:

You mean the way they labelled and castigated barcanista just before the election for daring to voice his doubts and concerns on the misleading package that he realised Buhari & his co-travellers were

No he cannot be labelled and castigated for airing his reservations over the delay with the president naming some key members of his cabinet which in no way diminish his support for Buhari and his party.... in the case of Barcanista, hmmm, fani kayode comes to mind.

1 Like

Re: PMB’s Delay In Naming Key Appointments Is Irritating, Frustrating, Unacceptable by socialmediaman: 9:43am On Jul 02, 2015
Sweetguy25:
You guys were warned but chose to be blinded and swayed by your feeble emotions towards Buhari. The signs that this man will be a waste of time was evident during the campaigns.
The mistakes started small, for instance, calling his vice Osinbade instead of Osinbajo. The mistakes and embarrassment are now being made on a national and global level. He is running this country aground with his ineptitude. You guys should lick your wounds till 2019.

I believe you didn't read the whole story, that last paragraph was stated clearly. "Go back to slavery because you're yet to be employed as a free born"? Certainly NOT what Nigerians want at this time. So in your widest dreams you think people are putting pressure on the president because they wish GEJ back? Well if you think so, ask him to make a public statement and see how Nigerians will call for a mob action on him for being shameless after putting us in this mess. He knows, that's why he's mute no matter what the presidecy or anyone says. Wherever he is, he must be a lonely man reminiscing on his failures!

Buhari will make his appointments known soon, I fully support him to clean up the rubbish past administrations piled up. I fully support him to plug the loopholes created by previous governments that ended up looting this country dry, I fully support him to change the template used in service delivery to the country..... Before appointing any minister.

Ministers should be handed a job description, not the other way when they were in charge of everything in the ministry including contract approvals, recruitments and funds disbursements.

Things must change. Not the time of PDP where government workers were the contractors who get construction contracts worth billions with ficticious company names, then sub-contract to Julius Berger and the real contractors.

Things must change! Not when FIRS, NNPC, NPA and others earn tens of trillions as revenue but only return hundreds of billions to the federation account with the rest unrecorded or unaccounted for

That's the change we're expecting

1 Like

Re: PMB’s Delay In Naming Key Appointments Is Irritating, Frustrating, Unacceptable by Beremx(f): 9:43am On Jul 02, 2015
PassingShot:

If you read my OP carefully, you'd understand that my main grouse is with failure to appoint COS, SGF, Advisers and perhaps a few ministers (like Finance & Works).

The president surely doesn't need a month plus to name his COS, SGF and some important advisers.
you're beginning to sound like the "protection seeker". Tell me how is it a wrong policy/decision? President Buhari never said he wouldn't make the appointments,did he? Don't you think he has reasons for the delay?

Re: PMB’s Delay In Naming Key Appointments Is Irritating, Frustrating, Unacceptable by patrickmuf(m): 9:45am On Jul 02, 2015
The same folks that almost disowned Barcanista for daring to thread the path of Objectivity are here playing God...
Hypocrisy stinks...#WailingWailers

2 Likes

Re: PMB’s Delay In Naming Key Appointments Is Irritating, Frustrating, Unacceptable by PassingShot(m): 9:45am On Jul 02, 2015
Beremx:
you're beginning to sound like the "protection seeker". Tell me how is it a wrong policy/decision? President Buhari never said he wouldn't make the appointments,did he? Don't you think he has reasons for the delay?

Please spare me with the tag.
Re: PMB’s Delay In Naming Key Appointments Is Irritating, Frustrating, Unacceptable by PassingShot(m): 9:49am On Jul 02, 2015
KAYD007:

No he cannot be labelled and castigated for airing his reservations over the delay with the president naming some key members of his cabinet which in no way diminish his support for Buhari and his party.... in the case of Barcanista, hmmm, fani kayode comes to mind.

Funny enough, it's happening already. Read Berem:

Beremx:
Beremx:
Re: PMB’s Delay In Naming Key Appointments Is Irritating, Frustrating, Unacceptable by Beremx(f): 9:49am On Jul 02, 2015
PassingShot:

Please spare me with the tag.
then stop behaving like the protection seeker if you don't want to be tagged. angry

What an annoying topic!
Re: PMB’s Delay In Naming Key Appointments Is Irritating, Frustrating, Unacceptable by AZeD1(m): 9:49am On Jul 02, 2015
barcanista:
The Chief of Staff (Aso Rock) is the coordinator of all Aides of the President and also civil servants working in Aso Rock. He's the link between the President and his boss' aides that reports to him. Sometimes he attends to the aides on behalf of his boss. The President has so much aides and so much people reporting to him. They all can't go at the same time, the CoS coordinates them. He's also the Chief Adviser of the President. I tell you, the role of CoS is very important that no serious senior official whether in public or private sector can afford to do without it.
Since Buhari became president, he has been outside the country at least 3 times, had numerous meetings with the service chiefs and other guest.
Someone must have coordinated all the things, so whats all the noise about appointing a chief of staff?

PS: If the job of the chief of staff was so important, it would have been specified in the constitution.

The same goes for those shouting about advisers.....
Re: PMB’s Delay In Naming Key Appointments Is Irritating, Frustrating, Unacceptable by PassingShot(m): 9:50am On Jul 02, 2015
Beremx:
then stop behaving like the protection seeker if you don't want to be tagged. angry

What an annoying topic!
The last time I checked, I don't have to make threads to suit you. grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: PMB’s Delay In Naming Key Appointments Is Irritating, Frustrating, Unacceptable by MizMyColi(f): 9:51am On Jul 02, 2015
dBard:

It's annoying wen ppl keep making excuses for inefficiency just to justify their campaign choices.
I didn't care for GEJ in the first election, but btw GEJ n Buhari, I personally felt GEJ (-PEJ) would have been a better choice.

Ppl keep advocating for patience, while we're bin patient...
The economy has taken a downturn n d exchange rate is increasing,
Fuel is not bin imported anymore n fuel stations are shutting down all over the country,
Investors are becoming disillusioned n withdrawing,
The army has lost their initiative and Boko Haram is stepping up, once again, their campaign,
The national assembly is riddled with crises....

The right approach at the wrong time can lead to disaster.

Think we might need to start fasting and praying again f dis country, cos.....

'Nuff said

I think we're about to be plunged into an era of rigidity by the presidency which might not bode well for us.
I read Pat Utomi's dismal viewpoint on "The Challenges of Change" in the Punch Newspaper this morning.
With all due respect to his intellectual sagacity, he sounded confused and a tad incomprehensible.

Fasting and Praying is not the solution.
We are looking up to our leaders in the mainstream to stop playing politics and get down to the business of governance, YES.
But it's high time you and I and everyone else starting focusing inward on what and how we can contribute to making this change become a reality.

#ChangeStartsWithYouAndI
Re: PMB’s Delay In Naming Key Appointments Is Irritating, Frustrating, Unacceptable by Sweetguy25: 9:52am On Jul 02, 2015
socialmediaman:

I believe you didn't read the whole story, that last paragraph was stated clearly. "Go back to slavery because you're yet to be employed as a free born"? Certainly NOT what Nigerians want at this time. So in your widest dreams you think people are putting pressure on the president because they wish GEJ back? Well if you think so, ask him to make a public statement and see how Nigerians will call for a mob action on him for being shameless after putting us in this mess. He knows, that's why he's mute no matter what the presidecy or anyone says. Wherever he is, he must be a lonely man reminiscing on his failures!

Dude, leave GEJ out of this. He's currently on a vacation abroad and enjoying his life. He said he will take some time off politics which is what he's doing.
Focus on Buhari, who unseated an incumbent president but can't show actions to merit the hype that got him elected in the first place.
Its been over thirty days since he was sworn in but he's yet to make any meaningful appointment or make any pivotal policy.
Nigeria is losing billions of dollars because of the inertia being caused by Buhari and his gang. The man doesn't even seem to care.
Admit that voting for Buhari was a grave mistake.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PMB’s Delay In Naming Key Appointments Is Irritating, Frustrating, Unacceptable by PassingShot(m): 9:53am On Jul 02, 2015
AZeD1:

Since Buhari became president, he has been outside the country at least 3 times, had numerous meetings with the service chiefs and other guest.
Someone must have coordinated all the things, so whats all the noise about appointing a chief of staff?

PS: If the job of the chief of staff was so important, it would have been specified in the constitution.
Surely someone is doing the work. Surely some people are also serving as his advisers. However, there is unquantifiable psychological positive impacts that come with naming them officially instead of they working in unofficial capacity.
Re: PMB’s Delay In Naming Key Appointments Is Irritating, Frustrating, Unacceptable by Beremx(f): 9:54am On Jul 02, 2015
PassingShot:

The last time I checked, I don't have to make threads to suit you. grin
na you sabi! I am watching you closely. I will start praying for the spirit of "protection seeking" not to take over your life. It will never be your portion! grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

MC Oluomo: NURTW Is A Profession Like Medicine, Law And Engineering / Buhari Meet British Prime Minister, Boris Johnson, Discuss Insecurity In Nigeria / "Time To Reboot Nigeria" - Peter Obi Addresses Nigerians 7 Days Before Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.