Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

Three Habits That Will Keep You Permanently As An Employee. - Career (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Three Habits That Will Keep You Permanently As An Employee. (44487 Views)

The Query Letter Given To An Employee Of Toro LGA, Bauchi State / 5 Habits That Will Make You Poor For Life / Ten Reasons Why You Should Be An Employee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Three Habits That Will Keep You Permanently As An Employee. by Truckpusher(m): 9:58pm On Jul 02, 2015
Beamborla:

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed tongue
I just dey look you like lucozade. cheesy
Re: Three Habits That Will Keep You Permanently As An Employee. by Rooneyboy(m): 9:59pm On Jul 02, 2015
Truckpusher:
You're right but the truth remains that it is not everyone that has the capability to gamble it all - This atricle is for those men that has what it takes to gamble it all and not for contented men in their little corners.

Some few years ago I was cautioning a distant relation that got pregnant out of wedlock ,no job ,no skill and my younger sister told me to forget about her and when I asked ; why? she said that if people like this don't exist that people like her won't have a nanny to exploit and pay to help her with her kids in the future .I was angry at her but I got the message......Put yourself in an awkward position and you'd end up being exploited.

The lesson here is some people would end up being exploited and that's just the way it is.

Spot on brother !

I'm inlove with this piece. Same thing I preach to colleagues @ the office that are contented with where they are . Taking their meager 100k+ ever month is just enough for them.

I weep in my soul every morning I find myself in the office cos I know the path I'm on currently is the path to destruction.

....... Thanks once again for boosting my spirit

# they shall hear from us.
Re: Three Habits That Will Keep You Permanently As An Employee. by MizMyColi(f): 10:00pm On Jul 02, 2015
stinggy:

shocked shocked
Mycoli so you're this light-skinned kiss

How have you been dear?

Good work Truckpusher. Inspiring...
But I'm still a believer that not everyone will be an entrepreneur though, at least not everybody is blessed with what it takes.

And pls stop teaching people all these secrets, who will work for me building my empire when you keep opening their eyes like this angry angry tongue

Lmaogrin
For all we know, that picture could have been heavily photoshoppedtongue

I am fine o o.
Ages since we met.
cheesy

Y'know...
I've always had that thought too.
About "not everyone being meant to tow the entrepreneurial path".

But with the harsh realities on ground, anyone who genuinely desires financial independence must begin to think in that line.
Re: Three Habits That Will Keep You Permanently As An Employee. by tonychristopher: 10:00pm On Jul 02, 2015
Truckpusher:
There are three habits that will constantly keep you as an employee even when you could have done more and become your own boss and boss people around with the green back rolling into your account as if it is nothing but once we are clinging to these type of habits when it comes to our source of livelihood we usually give adventure and perseverance the back seat of our life and here they are laid bare for you pause, think and ponder about your dreams and the dreams of another man,which one of them is more important?

(1)Youthful exuberance, Enthusiasm,Go get it done attitude and Always be the best.

A young graduate that lands a job with blue chip company or an outfit seems to have arrived and his dreams has finally come through and if there is one thing that has given him this new change in status, it is this job - This individual might likely spend all his entire time thinking and planning on how to become the best employee ,grow in the system and make use of this opportunity to become richer under the same outfit over the years.They will work very hard abandoning every other opportunity that isn't shiny like the very one they comfortably sit on but wait a minute; you're still an employee and you're simply making another man's dream to come through - How about your own dreams ,after all, every man has a dream too.I am not saying that one shouldn't work hard as an employee but don't work too hard and abandon your own dreams.

(2) I Can't abandon all these benefits and try being my own man, at least not now
You have now grown in the system over the years and the money is good and keep reeling in and your position in this outfit is guaranteed hence your hard work has paid off , you have free medical care and a travel itinerary that will run twice a year for any country of your choice on a tight schedule because your outfit needs you more,you begin to see the price you're paying when you begin to see the good ,the bad and the ugly people of your outfit and sometimes you just want to walk away but you can't because you're afraid to leave all these goodies behind, you don't have time to do anything else because over the years you've become a valuable asset and you simply do not own your life anymore ,even family life could be affected but here you are working to achieve another man's dream, you really wanted to leave but the fear of the unknown keeps you around and you're always afraid of what awaits you outside the comfy office you sit everyday churning out results for another man to build his own dreams, after all the money is coming in but now you've seen this money and it hasn't changed anything because your dream is still your dream and it haunts you sometimes but you've refused to let go - Is your dream that unimportant ? and again don't you think you would have achieved more than these benefits and rewards if you were your own boss?

(3) I can't pursue my dream(s) anymore - time has gone with your age.
Finally you've spent your entire productive age working your ass off for another man to achieve his dreams and age is no longer on your side, your dreams reflects across your mind every now and then but it seems to be more intense now that retirement is around the corner but you're too fragile, tired and cranky to try out any new idea due to the number of years you've spent as an employee doing just one thing and now you no longer have the zeal and enthusiasm to pursue your own dream vigorously but deep inside you this is what you have always wanted to be but this your job took all that away.And here you are a man that never lived his dream.

These three major scenario has completely left gurus of entrepreneurship, business tycoons and ideologists on the employee bench for life,churning out fantastic results for another man to build his own dream ,so I am charging each one and everyone of us today with a dream to sit down and ponder as you resume for work this morning and ask yourself again - Am I doing this job at the expense of my own dream(s) and begin to do the right thing now and become your own boss.You can never be rich and be influential by being an employee all your life unless you become the man who calls the shot.

mark my words you choose the right thing and place but know that here people are stupid to think and they will blame a particular tribe for not making them prosper whereas they claim host

this page won't make up to eight pages I promise you
Re: Three Habits That Will Keep You Permanently As An Employee. by MizMyColi(f): 10:02pm On Jul 02, 2015
.^^

undecided
No tribalism here biko.
Re: Three Habits That Will Keep You Permanently As An Employee. by Caseless: 10:05pm On Jul 02, 2015
MizMyColi:

angry
take my head and play with it.

Re: Three Habits That Will Keep You Permanently As An Employee. by Caseless: 10:07pm On Jul 02, 2015
Truckpusher:
There are three habits that will constantly keep you as an employee even when you could have done more and become your own boss and boss people around with the green back rolling into your account as if it is nothing but once we are clinging to these type of habits when it comes to our source of livelihood we usually give adventure and perseverance the back seat of our life and here they are laid bare for you pause, think and ponder about your dreams and the dreams of another man,which one of them is more important?

(1)Youthful exuberance, Enthusiasm,Go get it done attitude and Always be the best.

A young graduate that lands a job with blue chip company or an outfit seems to have arrived and his dreams has finally come through and if there is one thing that has given him this new change in status, it is this job - This individual might likely spend all his entire time thinking and planning on how to become the best employee ,grow in the system and make use of this opportunity to become richer under the same outfit over the years.They will work very hard abandoning every other opportunity that isn't shiny like the very one they comfortably sit on but wait a minute; you're still an employee and you're simply making another man's dream to come through - How about your own dreams ,after all, every man has a dream too.I am not saying that one shouldn't work hard as an employee but don't work too hard and abandon your own dreams.

(2) I Can't abandon all these benefits and try being my own man, at least not now
You have now grown in the system over the years and the money is good and keep reeling in and your position in this outfit is guaranteed hence your hard work has paid off , you have free medical care and a travel itinerary that will run twice a year for any country of your choice on a tight schedule because your outfit needs you more,you begin to see the price you're paying when you begin to see the good ,the bad and the ugly people of your outfit and sometimes you just want to walk away but you can't because you're afraid to leave all these goodies behind, you don't have time to do anything else because over the years you've become a valuable asset and you simply do not own your life anymore ,even family life could be affected but here you are working to achieve another man's dream, you really wanted to leave but the fear of the unknown keeps you around and you're always afraid of what awaits you outside the comfy office you sit everyday churning out results for another man to build his own dreams, after all the money is coming in but now you've seen this money and it hasn't changed anything because your dream is still your dream and it haunts you sometimes but you've refused to let go - Is your dream that unimportant ? and again don't you think you would have achieved more than these benefits and rewards if you were your own boss?

(3) I can't pursue my dream(s) anymore - time has gone with your age.
Finally you've spent your entire productive age working your ass off for another man to achieve his dreams and age is no longer on your side, your dreams reflects across your mind every now and then but it seems to be more intense now that retirement is around the corner but you're too fragile, tired and cranky to try out any new idea due to the number of years you've spent as an employee doing just one thing and now you no longer have the zeal and enthusiasm to pursue your own dream vigorously but deep inside you this is what you have always wanted to be but this your job took all that away.And here you are a man that never lived his dream.

These three major scenario has completely left gurus of entrepreneurship, business tycoons and ideologists on the employee bench for life,churning out fantastic results for another man to build his own dream ,so I am charging each one and everyone of us today with a dream to sit down and ponder as you resume for work this morning and ask yourself again - Am I doing this job at the expense of my own dream(s) and begin to do the right thing now and become your own boss.You can never be rich and be influential by being an employee all your life unless you become the man who calls the shot.

Na u be this? Men de vex for this forum these days.
Na everything u Sabi do? undecided

Join me for bar, the bill is on me.
Re: Three Habits That Will Keep You Permanently As An Employee. by no2fuks(m): 10:08pm On Jul 02, 2015
Truckpusher:

that is not my motivation for wanting to be a boss op
Re: Three Habits That Will Keep You Permanently As An Employee. by Beamborla(f): 10:09pm On Jul 02, 2015
Truckpusher:
I just dey look you like lucozade. cheesy
I dey look you like luku cheesy

How's your health now?
saw you mention smth about migraine
Re: Three Habits That Will Keep You Permanently As An Employee. by MizMyColi(f): 10:09pm On Jul 02, 2015
Caseless:
take my head and play with it.
gringrin
Bro. No offence, but you ughleee.
tonguetongue
Re: Three Habits That Will Keep You Permanently As An Employee. by Truckpusher(m): 10:11pm On Jul 02, 2015
Caseless:
Na u be this? Men de vex for this forum these days.
Na everything u Sabi do? undecided

Join me for bar, the bill is on me.
Always be versatile ,you can never go hungry in this country. wink

Ermmm, ever since MizMyColi and Derapreye started dating and Ishilove gave her blessings I have stopped drinking Alcohol to enable me see things the way they are. grin

You can call barcanista, he is the latest drunkard in town. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Three Habits That Will Keep You Permanently As An Employee. by Truckpusher(m): 10:13pm On Jul 02, 2015
no2fuks:

that is not my motivation for wanting to be a boss op
That particular line is just a ginger my brother, besides what do bosses do except to boss you around.

They screw up an entire system by making the wrong decision but will turn around and ask you to go clean it up and if you fail to clean up that mess it becomes your problem. grin
Re: Three Habits That Will Keep You Permanently As An Employee. by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jul 02, 2015
Truckpusher:

Ermmm, ever since MizMyColi and Derapreye started dating and Ishilove gave her blessings I have stopped drinking Alcohol to enable me see things the way they are. grin

I have never tasted alcohol before. Ñever!

Ask Dearpreye..
Re: Three Habits That Will Keep You Permanently As An Employee. by Truckpusher(m): 10:17pm On Jul 02, 2015
Beamborla:

I dey look you like luku cheesy

How's your health now?
saw you mention smth about migraine
It was due to poor sleep management considering my schedule and it boils down to being an employee where I have to make a switch back to work after my normal 12 hr schedule. If I were my own boss by now I would have slept for two days with no one calling for my head. grin grin
Re: Three Habits That Will Keep You Permanently As An Employee. by Truckpusher(m): 10:21pm On Jul 02, 2015
barcanista:

Ask Dearpreye..
No let me post ya picture here where you dey down jacky like water. grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Three Habits That Will Keep You Permanently As An Employee. by stinggy(m): 10:24pm On Jul 02, 2015
Truckpusher:
Lol, you want to be the only dog on the block that can bark? Well, everybody can't be an entrepreneur for sure but this message is for those that have left their dreams behind to help other people build their empire. wink
Painful line. We all tall dreams, but along the line we settle down chasing others, receiving pittance while time goes against us.
And at the end of time such people die unfulfilled cry

tonychristopher:

mark my words you choose the right thing and place but know that here people are stupid to think and they will blame a particular tribe for not making them prosper whereas they claim host
this page won't make up to eight pages I promise you
While trying to blame others for a thing not even done yet, you're the first person going tribal. Applause!
Re: Three Habits That Will Keep You Permanently As An Employee. by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jul 02, 2015
Truckpusher:
No let me post ya picture here where you dey down jacky like water. grin grin
That should be photoshop. Not me...
Re: Three Habits That Will Keep You Permanently As An Employee. by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jul 02, 2015
barcanista:

Ask Dearpreye..

Truckpusher knows his folks! He didn't mention you in error.
Re: Three Habits That Will Keep You Permanently As An Employee. by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jul 02, 2015
dearpreye:

u ehn, you no wan de talk tru these days
Re: Three Habits That Will Keep You Permanently As An Employee. by Caseless: 10:33pm On Jul 02, 2015
Beamborla:

Fasting no allow Caseless use two eyes again ...not even one. Na half him dey use grin

what we do, hun? cheesy
I just de look u eyelessly.

How are u doing?
Re: Three Habits That Will Keep You Permanently As An Employee. by Truckpusher(m): 10:33pm On Jul 02, 2015
stinggy:

Painful line. We all tall dreams, but along the line we settle down chasing others, receiving pittance while time goes against us.

Dying as an unfulfilled man is the worst thing that can ever befall any man.

When your father hits 60 and retired engage him in a convo and see his regrets - You'll understand that there is a thin line between you and Dangote and all the shakers and movers of this world the only difference is that you never really left your shell to make a statement.

I can assure you that if Dangote should tell you how many times he has failed and made business mistakes that almost grounded him as a business man you won't believe it.
Re: Three Habits That Will Keep You Permanently As An Employee. by Truckpusher(m): 10:33pm On Jul 02, 2015
dearpreye:

grin grin grin grin grin

I dun die for laff.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Three Habits That Will Keep You Permanently As An Employee. by Truckpusher(m): 10:35pm On Jul 02, 2015
Caseless:
I just de look u eyelessly.

How are u doing?
*Gives him back his squint eyes*. grin grin grin grin
Re: Three Habits That Will Keep You Permanently As An Employee. by Caseless: 10:37pm On Jul 02, 2015
MizMyColi:

gringrin
Bro. No offence, but you ughleee.
tonguetongue

Who did truckpusher say u are married to?to? angry

Dearpreye Abi? It won't be out of place to take it out him.

Trouble mode kick-started...
Re: Three Habits That Will Keep You Permanently As An Employee. by stinggy(m): 10:38pm On Jul 02, 2015
MizMyColi:

Lmaogrin
For all we know, that picture could have been heavily photoshoppedtongue

I am fine o o.
Ages since we met.
cheesy

Y'know...
I've always had that thought too.
About "not everyone being meant to tow the entrepreneurial path".

But with the harsh realities on ground, anyone who genuinely desires financial independence must begin to think in that line.

Heavily photoshopped ko, photokiosked ni undecided

Yea, ages...

@bold: My sister, you're very right. No one can ever get rich working for someone else!

1 Like

Re: Three Habits That Will Keep You Permanently As An Employee. by Truckpusher(m): 10:43pm On Jul 02, 2015
Caseless:

Who did truckpusher say u are married to?to? angry

Dearpreye Abi? It won't be out of place to take it out him.

Trouble mode kick-started...
Na una sabi.

Dem say person wey dey chop something where e dey sweet pass been dey sleep wey dem dey cook am.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Three Habits That Will Keep You Permanently As An Employee. by stinggy(m): 10:47pm On Jul 02, 2015
Truckpusher:

**coughs**
You say? cheesy cheesy tongue
Re: Three Habits That Will Keep You Permanently As An Employee. by tonychristopher: 10:53pm On Jul 02, 2015
stinggy:

While trying to blame others for a thing not even done yet, you're the first person going tribal. Applause!

it's naseauting when I read it up here...with millions of opportunities around even Asians are tapping into it

self employment is the key
Re: Three Habits That Will Keep You Permanently As An Employee. by Truckpusher(m): 10:55pm On Jul 02, 2015
stinggy:

**coughs**
You say? cheesy cheesy tongue
*clears throat*
Re: Three Habits That Will Keep You Permanently As An Employee. by stinggy(m): 11:00pm On Jul 02, 2015
Truckpusher:
Dying as an unfulfilled man is the worst thing that can ever befall any man.

When your father hits 60 and retired engage him in a convo and see his regrets - You'll understand that there is a thin line between you and Dangote and all the shakers and movers of this world the only difference is that you never really left your shell to make a statement.

I can assure you that if Dangote should tell you how many times he has failed and made business mistakes that almost grounded him as a business man you won't believe it.
They were bold, yes, but don't leave behind the fact that most shakers had powerful support/backing even before their first step.

1 Like

Re: Three Habits That Will Keep You Permanently As An Employee. by stinggy(m): 11:04pm On Jul 02, 2015
tonychristopher:

it's naseauting when I read it up here...with millions of opportunities around even Asians are tapping into it

self employment is the key
Some people are just comfortable with that kinda life you know ba? Hand-to-mouth things cheesy
May it never be our portion.
Re: Three Habits That Will Keep You Permanently As An Employee. by Caseless: 11:08pm On Jul 02, 2015
Truckpusher:
*Gives him back his squint eyes*. grin grin grin grin
undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Why We Shutdown Shoprite Stores In Nigeria - Workers / 3 Underrated But Lucrative Skills That Will Make You Rich / My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.