Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,151 members, 7,953,579 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:36 PM

Ibibos Never Supported Biafra - Not Now, Not Ever - Akanimo Kingsley - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibibos Never Supported Biafra - Not Now, Not Ever - Akanimo Kingsley (4581 Views)

Exclusive:real Reason France Supported Biafra During Nigerian Civil War / Fr Mbaka - I Never Supported Biafra / We Never Supported Saraki's Emergence As Senate President:pdp Senators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibibos Never Supported Biafra - Not Now, Not Ever - Akanimo Kingsley by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jul 03, 2015
Re: Ibibos Never Supported Biafra - Not Now, Not Ever - Akanimo Kingsley by asha80(m): 3:36pm On Jul 03, 2015
shachris:

the 1945 riot was by Beroms and the Hausas. The igbos were not solely targeted. it was mere a riot for land grabbing and it continues even till this day.

1953 was a politically motivated riot by wicked politicians. it's not tribal. infact, it was meant to kill a yoruba man and his supporters.

More coming.....
when I said list I mean list of northerners qualified to work in the eastern civil service then....as for these history stories you are posting it still does not explain that line of ' dont provoke your hosts '..maybe next time you think about what you want to type
Re: Ibibos Never Supported Biafra - Not Now, Not Ever - Akanimo Kingsley by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jul 03, 2015
asha80:
when I said list I mean list of northerners qualified to work in the eastern civil service then....as for these history stories you are posting it still does not explain that line of ' dont provoke your hosts '..maybe next time you think about what you want to type

i am coming to that. What i wanted to expose with the above history line is that when these things happen, it's not only the igbos that are affected. We all in Nigeria have all being victims in one way or another.

I'm getting to your list....wait.

1 Like

Re: Ibibos Never Supported Biafra - Not Now, Not Ever - Akanimo Kingsley by Leopardd(m): 3:52pm On Jul 03, 2015
When I heard from IPOb coordinator in the country I reside in, with full compiled evidences, I knew we at least have something to hope on.

Nnamdi is a master tactician, the man got brains.

People only condemn him when they never see laid out plans, Plan A, B and C.

I used to think it wasn't possible till I met the coordinator.
I was converted once!

2 Likes

Re: Ibibos Never Supported Biafra - Not Now, Not Ever - Akanimo Kingsley by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jul 03, 2015
Leopardd:

Keep believing in a fake one Nigeria.

I know u will say this list is false and a propaganda.

Here is what happened in 1945

The British used both the Hausa's and the igbos. They fought. Two people died. Were they igbos or huasas? we never knew.

In 1945 violence actually erupted in Jos. By then Igbo traders had arrived to the
town in significant numbers. They lived in a section of town called Sarkin Arabs Ward or
“Igbo Quarter”. More importantly socioeconomic hardship was pervasive; and the
nationalists and labour unions, to protest the hardship in particular and colonial rule in
general, called a general strike. The strike adversely affected food supplies to the town by
rail, causing a general feeling of anxiety and s severe shortage of food. Every morning
the District Officer rationed out food to people on a long que outside the market. Since
the strike was a nationalistic outburst against colonial rule, the British colonial officials
seized on the resultant hardship in the North to incite northerners against the strike,
Azikiwe and the Igbo. Azikiwe was the preeminent nationalist leader at the time. They
also manipulated Igbo-Hausa animosity over competition in trading and occupation of
residential area to incite the Hausa against the Igbo. In the ensuing conflict the Hausa and
Igbo fought for two days. Two people were killed, many others injured and considerable
property was destroyed or damaged. It took the combined operations of the police and
army sent from Kaduna to restore public order
Re: Ibibos Never Supported Biafra - Not Now, Not Ever - Akanimo Kingsley by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jul 03, 2015
Leopardd:
When I heard from IPOb coordinator in the country I reside in, with full compiled evidences, I knew we at least have something to hope on.

Nnamdi is a master tactician, the man got brains.

People only condemn him when they never see laid out plans, Plan A, B and C.

I used to think it wasn't possible till I met the coordinator.
I was converted once!

Keep dreaming.
Re: Ibibos Never Supported Biafra - Not Now, Not Ever - Akanimo Kingsley by mayorchelsea(m): 4:37pm On Jul 03, 2015
B69U:

YORUBAS MAKE ME SICK

And you won't be free from that sickness #BRING IT ON in P-square's voice
Re: Ibibos Never Supported Biafra - Not Now, Not Ever - Akanimo Kingsley by carnegiefan: 5:00pm On Jul 03, 2015
shachris:

Here is what happened in 1945

Since
the strike was a nationalistic outburst against colonial rule, the British colonial officials
seized on the resultant hardship in the North to incite northerners against the strike,
Azikiwe and the Igbo.
Azikiwe was the preeminent nationalist leader at the time. They
also manipulated Igbo-Hausa animosity over competition in trading and occupation of
residential area to incite the Hausa against the Igbo. In the ensuing conflict the Hausa and
Igbo fought for two days. Two people were killed, many others injured and considerable
property was destroyed or damaged.

By your own posted fact, please tell us how that changed the fact that innocent people were killed on the prompting of a foreign waning colonial power? If anything it confirms that Nigeria is a fraud and unworkable.
You provided evidence against yourself.
Re: Ibibos Never Supported Biafra - Not Now, Not Ever - Akanimo Kingsley by laudate: 5:04pm On Jul 03, 2015
Leopardd:
Hmm

You did not tell the whole story. Oba Akiolu made his comments in front of Igbo chiefs and elders in Lagos. And they all applauded his speech. how come no one is castigating those Igbo chiefs? shocked

"Vote for Ambode or Perish Inside the Lagoon", Oba Akiolu Tells Igbos

Gboyega Akinsanmi with agency report

Igbos living in Lagos were told on Sunday to vote for the governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Mr. Akinwumi Ambode, or else they will die in the lagoon.

A visibly angry Oba of Lagos, Rilwan Akiolu, in an unconcealed threat, stated that he was not ready to beg the Igbos, but if they repeated what they did on March 28 when they voted for the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), President Goodluck Jonathan, then they should be ready for the consequences.

The governorship elections are scheduled to hold on Saturday, and it is believed that Igbo residents in Lagos will vote for the PDP candidate, Jimi Agbaje, just like they did during the presidential and National Assembly elections that led to the victory of PDP candidates of Igbo origin and from Delta State in three federal constituencies in Lagos.

The victory of the non-indigenes of Lagos, THISDAY gathered, has not gone down well with the Lagos chapter of the APC.

Speaking at a meeting with Igbo leaders in the state, according to an online news medium, Freedom Online, the first class monarch, who failed to recognise the cosmopolitan nature of Lagos, said: “On Saturday, if anyone of you goes against Ambode who I picked, that is your end. If it doesn’t happen within seven days, just know that I am a bastard and it is not my father who gave birth to me.

“Jonathan is my son and I speak to him everyday. By the grace of God, I am the owner of Lagos for the time being. This is an undivided chair. The palace belongs to the dead and those coming in the future.

“On Saturday, if anyone of you, I swear in the name of God, goes against my wish that Ambode will be the next governor of Lagos State, the person is going to die inside this water.

“I’m not ready to beg you. Nobody knew how I picked Ambode. Jimi (Agbaje) is my blood relation and I told him that he cannot be governor in Lagos for now. The future belongs to God. I am not begging anybody, but what you people cannot do in Onitsha, Aba or anywhere, don’t do it here.

“If you do what I want, Lagos will continue to be prosperous for you. If you go against my wish, you will perish in the water.”

The monarch said anybody against Ambode did not wish the state well, adding, “I am for the progress, growth and development of Lagos. Ambode is highly cerebral, he’s a symbol and he is going to deliver the message which I, the Oba of Lagos, have said. And he will govern the state for another eight years.

“He is going on a mission and God will give him the wisdom and knowledge to fulfill that mission. Almost a year ago, I declared that Ambode will be the next governor of Lagos and it will not change.

“From time immemorial, the previous occupiers of this house will say what they wanted after consultations with other people. And this hasn’t changed and it will not change at this time,” he said.

In a veiled reference to one of Jonathan’s predecessors, Akiolu stated that the crisis Nigeria was facing was not caused by the Jonathan administration but by another person he refused to name.

Continuing with his tirade, he said: “If not for the appeal from Asiwaju (Bola Tinubu) and my highly respected maternal father, the Awujale of Ijebu-Ode, all what is happening today is not the cause of the present government. The man who caused everything knows himself.”

In his response, the Eze-Ndigbo of Amuwo-Oriade, Dr. Gordian Dimojiaku, promised Akiolu that the Igbos in the state would support Ambode.

“The mistake of last Saturday was caused by everybody, not only the Igbos. It is not only the Igbos that were responsible for the votes. But we have learnt our lesson. Saturday’s election is going to be a different thing and Ambode is going to win.

“Everybody knows that when you fail the first time, you cannot afford to fail again. We are going to tell our people that Ezes from the 20 local governments and 37 local council development areas are here and that we have sworn with the Oba that we are going to make sure that Ambode wins next Saturday’s election,” he said.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/vote-for-ambode-or-perish-inside-the-lagoon-oba-akiolu-tells-igbos/206050/
Re: Ibibos Never Supported Biafra - Not Now, Not Ever - Akanimo Kingsley by cheruv: 5:10pm On Jul 03, 2015
ilovelikes:
I beat the guy below me who just wanted to quickly type only "a"
Baby you're just gorgeous! kiss
If you sit on me, would your honeypot be able to swallow the whole of my sugarstick?
Re: Ibibos Never Supported Biafra - Not Now, Not Ever - Akanimo Kingsley by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jul 03, 2015
carnegiefan:

By your own posted fact, please tell us how that changed the fact that innocent people were killed on the prompting of a foreign waning colonial power? If anything it confirms that Nigeria is a fraud and unworkable.
You provided evidence against yourself.

Nah. Just a smart capitalist manipulating his workers for profit. Happens all the time bro. Not tribal at all.

1 Like

Re: Ibibos Never Supported Biafra - Not Now, Not Ever - Akanimo Kingsley by Goldmaxx(f): 6:28pm On Jul 03, 2015
U b.a.s.t.ar..d,u are not igbo u are a Yoruba COWARD 4rm Southwest.keep decieving yourself.biafra wil cum and we will take delta,akwaibom,crossrive and probably rivers if a referedum is organized
shachris:

the history is different from supporting the madness called Biafra.

Let's hear the history from you professor. And if you have documents proving that Ibibio unions or government of old cross River supported Biafra,
do us a favour and bring it on.

If not, shut it.
OTU NNEGI EBE AH
OTOLO GBAGBUKWA NNAGI
IKPU NNEGI
AMU MPAGI
Re: Ibibos Never Supported Biafra - Not Now, Not Ever - Akanimo Kingsley by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jul 03, 2015
Goldmaxx:
U b.a.s.t.ar..d,u are not igbo u are a Yoruba COWARD 4rm Southwest.keep decieving yourself.biafra wil cum and we will take delta,akwaibom,crossrive and probably rivers if a referedum is organizedOTU NNEGI EBE AH
OTOLO GBAGBUKWA NNAGI
IKPU NNEGI
AMU MPAGI

You can't even take your mothers kitchen. PAPA IBI

1 Like

Re: Ibibos Never Supported Biafra - Not Now, Not Ever - Akanimo Kingsley by Goldmaxx(f): 7:13pm On Jul 03, 2015
Bro i repeat you are nt igbo,u ar just a Yoruba southwasterner dat lived in the united states of biafra for a long period of time or pr grew up in there
shachris:

You can't even take your mothers kitchen. PAPA IBI
prove me wrong by posting a scanned copy of your birth certificate online here
Re: Ibibos Never Supported Biafra - Not Now, Not Ever - Akanimo Kingsley by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jul 03, 2015
Goldmaxx:
Bro i repeat you are nt igbo,u ar just a Yoruba southwasterner dat lived in the united states of biafra for a long period of time or pr grew up in there prove me wrong by posting a scanned copy of your birth certificate online here

onye nsokwu. I'm not silly you that your director uses reverse psychology on.

1 Like

Re: Ibibos Never Supported Biafra - Not Now, Not Ever - Akanimo Kingsley by Goldmaxx(f): 7:24pm On Jul 03, 2015
Bro biafra shall be actuallised b4 2019,mark my words
shachris:

onye nsokwu. I'm not silly you that your director uses reverse psychology on.
anyway,my gf is pregnant,am about to becum a fada
Re: Ibibos Never Supported Biafra - Not Now, Not Ever - Akanimo Kingsley by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jul 03, 2015
Goldmaxx:
Bro biafra shall be actuallised b4 2019,mark my wordsanyway,my gf is pregnant,am about to becum a fada

Congrats man. it's not easy. i wu nwoke Ike.... a very strong man.

1 Like

Re: Ibibos Never Supported Biafra - Not Now, Not Ever - Akanimo Kingsley by Goldmaxx(f): 7:50pm On Jul 03, 2015
Okay,bro just dat i am too young
shachris:

Congrats man. it's not easy. i wu nwoke Ike.... a very strong man.
but seriously i want biafra actualised
Re: Ibibos Never Supported Biafra - Not Now, Not Ever - Akanimo Kingsley by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jul 03, 2015
Goldmaxx:
Okay,bro just dat i am too youngbut seriously i want biafra actualised

me too. But there are things we need to get right before we glamour for biafra. we just are not ready for self governance now.
Re: Ibibos Never Supported Biafra - Not Now, Not Ever - Akanimo Kingsley by Goldmaxx(f): 7:58pm On Jul 03, 2015
Bro am 17+ but i impregnated a gal so am expecting
shachris:

me too. But there are things we need to get right before we glamour for biafra. we just are not ready for self governance now.
Re: Ibibos Never Supported Biafra - Not Now, Not Ever - Akanimo Kingsley by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jul 03, 2015
Goldmaxx:
Bro am 17+ but i impregnated a gal so am expecting

I just read you story. it's quite sad But the mistake has been made. the best thing you can do for yourself right now is to man up and accept your responsibility.

You said you Don't want your parents to know? Well then you need to remove that display picture on your profile.

it's actually a good thing that you are having a baby this young. Believe me most of our parents had babies at your age.

This must really be hard on you and the girl and honestly I pity you both.

Eventually, you just have to tell an adult though. Might be your uncle, might be your priest or pastor.

since you want to further your education, and I believe your babymamma would also want to further hers.

Here's what I suggest you do, If your parents would not take custody of the child, contact a motherless babies home or any of these NGOs. tell them your plight. Request that you place your baby mamma under thier care till she delivers. And when she does deliver, they should keep the child with them.

You would be coming to visit the baby regularly. And when you are comfortable enough, you can then take the baby home and care for her.

Never abort that baby man.

1 Like

Re: Ibibos Never Supported Biafra - Not Now, Not Ever - Akanimo Kingsley by Goldmaxx(f): 8:17pm On Jul 03, 2015
Thanx bro,but do u suggest i tell my parents or i folo ur former advice
shachris:

I just read you story. it's quite sad But the mistake has been made. the best thing you can do for yourself right now is to man up and accept your responsibility.

You said you Don't want your parents to know? Well then you need to remove that display picture on your profile.

it's actually a good thing that you are having a baby this young. Believe me most of our parents had babies at your age.

This must really be hard on you and the girl and honestly I pity you both.

Eventually, you just have to tell an adult though. Might be your uncle, might be your priest or pastor.

since you want to further your education, and I believe your babymamma would also want to further hers.

Here's what I suggest you do, If your parents would not take custody of the child, contact a motherless babies home or any of these NGOs. tell them your plight. Request that you place your baby mamma under thier care till she delivers. And when she does deliver, they should keep the child with them.

You would be coming to visit the baby regularly. And when you are comfortable enough, you can then take the baby home and care for her.

Never abort that baby man.
Re: Ibibos Never Supported Biafra - Not Now, Not Ever - Akanimo Kingsley by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jul 03, 2015
Goldmaxx:
Thanx bro,but do u suggest i tell my parents or i folo ur former advice

depends on How understanding your parents are. most parents would be mad at first, But after Everything has settled, they would assist you in caring for the baby.

But If your parents are the really eccentric ones, I think you keep it as a secret from them for now.

Besides you should talk to your girl. You both are in this together. What is her parents saying about it?
Re: Ibibos Never Supported Biafra - Not Now, Not Ever - Akanimo Kingsley by BLOTRS: 8:30pm On Jul 03, 2015
there is no way ibibio can be part of Nigeria when BIAFRA stands....check the map of Nigeria for the bitter truth...although it aint bitter cos many other ibibios believe in it
Re: Ibibos Never Supported Biafra - Not Now, Not Ever - Akanimo Kingsley by Goldmaxx(f): 8:32pm On Jul 03, 2015
The pregnancy is only a month and 1 week as of 2day we went 4 test so here parents is nt yet aware only my elder sister
shachris:

depends on How understanding your parents are. most parents would be mad at first, But after Everything has settled, they would assist you in caring for the baby.

But If your parents are the really eccentric ones, I think you keep it as a secret from them for now.

Besides you should talk to your girl. You both are in this together. What is her parents saying about it?
Re: Ibibos Never Supported Biafra - Not Now, Not Ever - Akanimo Kingsley by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jul 03, 2015
Goldmaxx:
The pregnancy is only a month and 1 week as of 2day we went 4 test so here parents is nt yet aware only my elder sister

Okay. You seem scared. Don't freak out man. nothing dey happen. these things happen. it's not the end of the world.

first thing, I would send you a list of a couple of NGOs you can visit for counseling.

or you could check out the closes government hospital around you or motheless babies home. Discuss your worries and concern with them. they are in a better position to advice you on practical steps you can take.

4, Oluwatoyin Street, Behind Conoil filling station
Off Bode Thomas Road
Onipan, Lagos
P.O.Box 9219 Somolu, Lagos, Nigeria.
 0803 5800 201; 018417377.
 admin@pbofoundation.org
www.pbofoundation.org.
 (8am-5pm; Monday – Friday).
 Counselling (24hours)
 PBO Foundatiom – @PastorBim
 PASTOR BIMBO ODUKOYA
 Pastor Bimbo Odukoya Foundation (PBOF)

The real visionaries
ARD Secteriat LUTH Idi-Araba, Idi Araba, Lagos
Mainland, Lagos, Nigeria
0802 881 3734

There are many others. Just visit them Bro. it's well.
Re: Ibibos Never Supported Biafra - Not Now, Not Ever - Akanimo Kingsley by Goldmaxx(f): 9:07pm On Jul 03, 2015
Okay bro but i live in umuahia.
Dont worry i will kip u posted next week on my next step
shachris:

Okay. You seem scared. Don't freak out man. nothing dey happen. these things happen. it's not the end of the world.

first thing, I would send you a list of a couple of NGOs you can visit for counseling.

or you could check out the closes government hospital around you or motheless babies home. Discuss your worries and concern with them. they are in a better position to advice you on practical steps you can take.

Off Bode Thomas Road
Onipan, Lagos
www.pbofoundation.org.
 Counselling (24hours)
 PASTOR BIMBO ODUKOYA

The real visionaries
Mainland, Lagos, Nigeria
0802 881 3734

Re: Ibibos Never Supported Biafra - Not Now, Not Ever - Akanimo Kingsley by after1: 9:08pm On Jul 03, 2015
shachris:

Off Bode Thomas Road
Onipan, Lagos
www.pbofoundation.org.
 Counselling (24hours)
 PASTOR BIMBO ODUKOYA

The real visionaries
Mainland, Lagos, Nigeria
0802 881 3734

You are a very patient and cool guy. Respect!

2 Likes

Re: Ibibos Never Supported Biafra - Not Now, Not Ever - Akanimo Kingsley by Goldmaxx(f): 9:10pm On Jul 03, 2015
Okay bro, but am living in umuahia.
Dnt worry i will keep u posted on my next[ stepquote author=shachris post=35452647]

Off Bode Thomas Road
Onipan, Lagos
www.pbofoundation.org.
 Counselling (24hours)
 PASTOR BIMBO ODUKOYA

The real visionaries
Mainland, Lagos, Nigeria
0802 881 3734

There are many others. Just visit them Bro. it's well.[/quote]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bauchi Residents, Corporate Bodies Owe N1 Billion Water Bill – Official / Oduduwa United Kingdom: Yoruba Too Are Planning To Divide Nigeria / Gowon+endsars : What Did You Observe From This Tweet (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.