Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,987 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

We Will Not Negotiate With Boko Haram Out Of Weakness – Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Will Not Negotiate With Boko Haram Out Of Weakness – Presidency (1424 Views)

Aftermath Of A Fierce Battle With Boko Haram In Sambisa Forest. Graphic Photos / Aisha Alkali Wakil Replies Army: 'I've Links With Boko Haram & You Know That' / Hassan Aminu, Buhari's Bodyguard Arrested Over Link With Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Will Not Negotiate With Boko Haram Out Of Weakness – Presidency by msmon(m): 9:20pm On Jul 04, 2015
The Presidency on Saturday made clarifications on
any possible negotiation with the Boko Haram sect.
The Special Adviser on Media and Publicity to the
President, Femi Adesina, in a statement titled
“Amplification of comments on negotiations with
Boko Haram”, said the Federal Government will not
shy away from any negotiation initiated by the
Boko Haram sect.

Although he pointed out that United States also
negotiated with the Talibans in Afghanistan at some
point in time, he said if the government will go into
such negotiation, it will be from a point of strength
and not weakness.

Adesina said President Muhammadu Buhari, who
has won such insurgency before, was now poised
to win the fight against Boko Haram.

He said: “Most wars, however, furious or vicious,
often end on the negotiation table. So, if Boko
Haram opts for negotiation, the government will not
be averse to it.

“Government will, however, not be negotiating from
a position of weakness, but that of strength. The
machinery put in place, and which will be set in
motion soon, can only devastate and decapitate
insurgency.

“It is multinational in nature, and relief is on the
way for Nigeria and her neighbours. President
Muhammadu Buhari is resolute. He has battled and
won insurgency before. He is poised to win again.
It is a promise he made to Nigerians, and he is a
promise keeper.

“But I say again, if the insurgents want to
negotiate, no decent government will be averse to
such. Didn’t the Taliban and Americans also
negotiate in Afghanistan?”

http://dailypost.ng/2015/07/04/we-will-not-negotiate-with-boko-haram-out-of-weakness-presidency/

Saying this is a show of weakness, the FG should just go ahead and do the needful. The rate of killing by those errant boys is very alarming.MON33
Cc: lalasticlala, obinoscopy
Re: We Will Not Negotiate With Boko Haram Out Of Weakness – Presidency by gsparks01(m): 9:20pm On Jul 04, 2015
msmon:

“But I say again, if the insurgents want to
negotiate, no decent government will be averse to
such. Didn’t the Taliban and Americans also
negotiate in Afghanistan?”
They negotiated in Afghan not US nor be so? undecided

1 Like

Re: We Will Not Negotiate With Boko Haram Out Of Weakness – Presidency by Sunofgod(m): 9:20pm On Jul 04, 2015
Sign of weakness from Buhari . . .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will Not Negotiate With Boko Haram Out Of Weakness – Presidency by Keziehenry(m): 9:22pm On Jul 04, 2015
yeye
Re: We Will Not Negotiate With Boko Haram Out Of Weakness – Presidency by Firefire(m): 9:24pm On Jul 04, 2015
Nonsensical nonsense. angry

2 Likes

Re: We Will Not Negotiate With Boko Haram Out Of Weakness – Presidency by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jul 04, 2015
Re: We Will Not Negotiate With Boko Haram Out Of Weakness – Presidency by cozy7(m): 9:26pm On Jul 04, 2015
That's my General.....show GEJ how professionals do it.
Re: We Will Not Negotiate With Boko Haram Out Of Weakness – Presidency by Emekamex(m): 9:26pm On Jul 04, 2015
Illiteracy from Buhari is gradually rubbing off on Adesina.

2 Likes

Re: We Will Not Negotiate With Boko Haram Out Of Weakness – Presidency by dunkem21(m): 9:28pm On Jul 04, 2015
It is a capital sign of WEAKNESS ..Where lies the strength in negotiating with terrorists

What do BH want that GEJ did not offer ..somebody, pls remind me ..

Abi, the G-7 no fit end BH? ..even Western German

..Obama don bring Money na, na to share am remain ..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Will Not Negotiate With Boko Haram Out Of Weakness – Presidency by lunaticfringe: 9:31pm On Jul 04, 2015
Emekamex: Illiteracy from Buhari is gradually rubbing off on Adesina.
Gbagam....
Re: We Will Not Negotiate With Boko Haram Out Of Weakness – Presidency by tobillionaire(m): 9:31pm On Jul 04, 2015
Naa so
Re: We Will Not Negotiate With Boko Haram Out Of Weakness – Presidency by lunaticfringe: 9:32pm On Jul 04, 2015
Propaganda government...
Re: We Will Not Negotiate With Boko Haram Out Of Weakness – Presidency by dunkem21(m): 9:37pm On Jul 04, 2015
lalasticlala no make me vex angry
Re: We Will Not Negotiate With Boko Haram Out Of Weakness – Presidency by msmon(m): 9:43pm On Jul 04, 2015
dunkem21:
It is a capital sign of WEAKNESS ..Where lies the strength in negotiating with terrorists ..

My thought, we don't have any strength here.

1 Like

Re: We Will Not Negotiate With Boko Haram Out Of Weakness – Presidency by UnknownT: 9:45pm On Jul 04, 2015
Why this soooo muchhh trust on the Multinational thing? Someone once condemned our neighbors joining us to fight boko haram! When you are not in government, dont criticize everything the government does because you never can say the reason it took such action. This is what is playing out now

2 Likes

Re: We Will Not Negotiate With Boko Haram Out Of Weakness – Presidency by Iceking1(m): 9:47pm On Jul 04, 2015
Na wa ooo... Smh
Re: We Will Not Negotiate With Boko Haram Out Of Weakness – Presidency by Forzap: 9:49pm On Jul 04, 2015
I swear,dis ppl are confused undecided undecided
Re: We Will Not Negotiate With Boko Haram Out Of Weakness – Presidency by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jul 04, 2015
“But I say again, if the insurgents want to negotiate, no decent government will be averse to such. Didn’t the Taliban and Americans also negotiate in Afghanistan?”
Amaerica never had negotiation with Taliban for them to drop their arms. It never happened at any time. America don't negotiate with terrorists.
Re: We Will Not Negotiate With Boko Haram Out Of Weakness – Presidency by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jul 04, 2015
“Government will, however, not be negotiating from a position of weakness, but that of strength. The machinery put in place, and which will be set in motion soon, can only devastate and decapitate insurgency.
So why not make use of the machinery? Why consider negotiating with terrorists that are killing our brothers up north?
Re: We Will Not Negotiate With Boko Haram Out Of Weakness – Presidency by denedene(m): 9:52pm On Jul 04, 2015
i thought these apc guys said the femi dude is very smart dude undecided i have been reading his speeches and seriously he's breaking the grounds of silly press statements
Re: We Will Not Negotiate With Boko Haram Out Of Weakness – Presidency by Agwoden(m): 9:54pm On Jul 04, 2015
Illiteracy is a virus. Look at a well educated Adesina being dribbled about by the "certificateless " virus. GEJ we miss you. Come back bc it seems nobody is taking responsibility of our national affairs right now.
Re: We Will Not Negotiate With Boko Haram Out Of Weakness – Presidency by MizMyColi(f): 9:55pm On Jul 04, 2015
“Government will, however, not be negotiating from
a position of weakness, but that of strength. [size=14pt]The machinery put in place, and which will be set in motion soon, can only devastate and decapitate insurgency[/size].

Talk of double speaking and double facedness which has characterised this government from the word "GO"

If you already have machineries that will be put in place soon to decapitate these folks, why bother negotiating?

You negotiate because you do not have all the cards.
That in itself is a subtle sign of weakness.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Will Not Negotiate With Boko Haram Out Of Weakness – Presidency by TheFreeOne: 9:59pm On Jul 04, 2015
Seriously

How do we describe this now no be craze be this

1 Like

Re: We Will Not Negotiate With Boko Haram Out Of Weakness – Presidency by msmon(m): 10:00pm On Jul 04, 2015
MizMyColi:

If you already have machineries that will be put in place soon to decapitate these folks, why bother negotiating?

You make sense!

1 Like

Re: We Will Not Negotiate With Boko Haram Out Of Weakness – Presidency by dunkem21(m): 10:00pm On Jul 04, 2015
denedene:
i thought these apc guys said the femi dude is very smart dude undecided i have been reading his speeches and seriously he's breaking the grounds of silly press statements

The guy is empty ..a real Dundee ..

The guy above you will do a better job.

1 Like

Re: We Will Not Negotiate With Boko Haram Out Of Weakness – Presidency by mars123(m): 10:03pm On Jul 04, 2015
UnknownT:
Why this soooo muchhh trust on the Multinational thing? Someone once condemned our neighbors joining us to fight boko haram! When you are not in government, dont criticize everything the government does because you never can say the reason it took such action. This is what is playing out now
the MNJTF is what is necessary for stopping BH...it is the only way.what they will do is to choke them from all four corners...Chad, Cameroon, Niger, Nigeria.they wont be able to either regroup or re strategize.Nigeria is leading the MNJTF,i think that is what is important.
Re: We Will Not Negotiate With Boko Haram Out Of Weakness – Presidency by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jul 04, 2015
MizMyColi:

Talk of double speaking and double facedness which has characterised this government from the word "GO"

You negotiate because you do not have all the cards.
That in itself is a subtle sign of weakness.

For all we know, these lot could be looking for a perfectly played script to end the BH menace having politicised it heavily against the previous administration.

I have said it before that whether this BH Saga and BBOG campaign comes to an end or not, if any human orchestrated and supported them, to bring down another, and in the course of all that, lives upon lives were lost as well as displaced...

Except they confess, even if GEJ is among, whoever they are....
I don't give a hoot. My decree is that they will never see the good of the land. Never! No matter their riches, it will continually haunt them.

You don't play crass tumbu tumbu with human lives and expect to walk freely without a sense of remorse.
We are keenly watching Buhari

1 Like

Re: We Will Not Negotiate With Boko Haram Out Of Weakness – Presidency by MizMyColi(f): 10:09pm On Jul 04, 2015
For all we know, these lot could be looking for a perfectly played script to end the BH menace having politicised it heavily against the previous administration.

I have said it before that whether this BH Saga and BBOG campaign comes to an end or not, if any human orchestrated and supported them, to bring down another, and in the course of all that, lives upon lives were lost as well as displaced...

Except they confess, even if GEJ is among, whoever they are....
I don't give a hoot. My decree is that they will never see the good of the land. Never! No matter their riches, it will continually haunt them.

You don't play crass tumbu tumbu with human lives and expect to walk freely without a sense of remorse.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Will Not Negotiate With Boko Haram Out Of Weakness – Presidency by Vado(m): 10:27pm On Jul 04, 2015
But during the various campaigns, the APC explicitly said: ''We shall defeat Boko Haram''...there was even a big a$$ billboard ad to that effect in my location.

Do they want to take the cowardly way out now?
Re: We Will Not Negotiate With Boko Haram Out Of Weakness – Presidency by RottenTomato: 10:41pm On Jul 04, 2015
Trash!!!
Re: We Will Not Negotiate With Boko Haram Out Of Weakness – Presidency by Dbboy(m): 10:41pm On Jul 04, 2015
So after killing people buhari want to settlement for bokoharam
Re: We Will Not Negotiate With Boko Haram Out Of Weakness – Presidency by ERODEDEAST(f): 10:47pm On Jul 04, 2015
How did Boko boiz Initiate the negotiation this Femi guy is about making himself Stew.pid.

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC Expels Ex Gov Danjuma Goje / VERY HOT: Be Careful With Girls Check Out This Photos... / The Endless List Of Yorubas Who Have Comfortably Put Their names In History.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.