Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,775 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:05 PM

How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease - Science/Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease (691699 Views)

17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone / The Locally-Made Vehicle I Saw In Aba - Pictures / Locally Made Amphibian Jet Spotted At Lagos Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (356) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 3:09pm On Nov 06, 2015
I now have two 12v 18ah , two 12v 42ah and one 12v 40ah making a total of 12v 160ah , all connected in parallel to my bluegate 650ups, it takes about 4-5hrs to fully charge.
NOTE: I did not completely deplete the battery powers before charging, I only used it for about 8hrs (15inch lcd,bluray dvd and my 10watts fan) before nepa surprise us with light, I made sure the smart charger is always on my batteries and plugged in my electricity wall socket , in case I no dey house and nepa bring light e go charge my battery for me, like seriously, I am enjoying it

4 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by blowjanet: 9:01am On Nov 08, 2015
boss i have a 32inch LG LED (it has power saving option) and a ps4/ps3(will be playing either one) how many batteries do i need and how long will it last. would like to get this before december. thanks 08080187158 can you kindly reach me to give me guidance for purchase.

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 9:23am On Nov 08, 2015
blowjanet:
boss i have a 32inch LG LED (it has power saving option) and a ps4/ps3(will be playing either one) how many batteries do i need and how long will it last. would like to get this before december. thanks 08080187158 can you kindly reach me to give me guidance for purchase.

It depends on the watts of the lcd TV and ur ps3, and it also depends on how long u want it to last , let me know the watts of ur led TV and ps3 and how long u intend to use it per day and I will tell u how many batteries u need to buy.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by simplyJOE(m): 9:29am On Nov 08, 2015
if i may know how do you recharge the battery when it gets drained
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 10:23am On Nov 08, 2015
simplyJOE:
if i may know how do you recharge the battery when it gets drained
My smart charger is always on my battery, read from page 1 ,then u will understand
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by simplyJOE(m): 11:18am On Nov 08, 2015
ceejay80s:

My smart charger is always on my battery, read from page 1 ,then u will understand
does it mean i'll have to rely on 'nepa' electricity to charge the battery when it gets drained?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 11:22am On Nov 08, 2015
simplyJOE:
does it mean i'll have to rely on 'nepa' electricity to charge the battery when it gets drained?
Yes na
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by blowjanet: 3:26pm On Nov 08, 2015
What of generator ?
ceejay80s:

Yes na
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by blowjanet: 3:28pm On Nov 08, 2015
ceejay80s:

It depends on the watts of the lcd TV and ur ps3, and it also depends on how long u want it to last , let me know the watts of ur led TV and ps3 and how long u intend to use it per day and I will tell u how many batteries u need to buy.

LED 100-240V I BELIEVE IT'S THE SAME WITH THE PS4 AND 3
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by blowjanet: 3:30pm On Nov 08, 2015
100-240V for both would like to be able to play games for like 2-4 hours with friends (I usually play for 1hr alone esp Weekends). But TV and gotv 10 hrs if possible lol.

ceejay80s:

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by makavele: 3:42pm On Nov 08, 2015
blowjanet:
100-240V for both would like to be able to play games for like 2-4 hours with friends (I usually play for 1hr alone esp Weekends). But TV and gotv 10 hrs if possible lol.

u just supplied the input voltage . . what we actually need it the (output) wattage denoted by a capital W; for short
very close to where the Amps is written
It's on the sticker on every electronic equipment, look carefully or snap it and upload here.
Then we can calculate . .

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 4:11pm On Nov 08, 2015
blowjanet:
What of generator ?
I have not tried it with a generator but it should work
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 4:16pm On Nov 08, 2015
blowjanet:

LED 100-240V I BELIEVE IT'S THE SAME WITH THE PS4 AND 3
I said watts and not voltage, check makavele's post above
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 11:10am On Nov 09, 2015
Nepa still dey take light for lagos? Me no dey feel am o!
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by makavele: 11:26am On Nov 09, 2015
ceejay80s:
Nepa still dey take light for lagos? Me no dey feel am o!

u be bachelor na grin grin grin
what of we we get deep freezers and multiple A/C units ...
how we go do, lol ?

2 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 12:16pm On Nov 09, 2015
makavele:

u be bachelor na grin grin grin
what of we we get deep freezers and multiple A/C units ...
how we go do, lol ?
Who tell u say I no get freezer and airconditioner?
Ur TV,decorder ,fan,phone charging and energy saving light comes first, nepa no fit carry light forever abi? I no get light last night but heat no do me 'cos my fan dey on from 5pm yesterday till 4am dis morning when nepa give us light
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 12:34pm On Nov 09, 2015
U don't need to overload ur ups or inverter, I see many complaint all the time about batteries no lasting anymore, I am still using the first 12v 18ah I bought fairly used 2yrs ago and its still working perfectly, just no dey allow the battery die completely before u recharge and do not overload it , u will definitely enjoy it,

3 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by makavele: 7:21pm On Nov 09, 2015
ceejay80s:

Who tell u say I no get freezer and airconditioner?
Ur TV,decorder ,fan,phone charging and energy saving light comes first, nepa no fit carry light forever abi? I no get light last night but heat no do me 'cos my fan dey on from 5pm yesterday till 4am dis morning when nepa give us light

na ur mini-inverter dey power the fridge and a/c ?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 7:34pm On Nov 09, 2015
makavele:

na ur mini-inverter dey power the fridge and a/c ?
NO!!!! U no necessarily need ac and fridge , nepa no fit take light forever, the important appliances u need on the ups is led or lcd TV ,decorder,dvd player,energy saving bulbs ,phone chargers,fans with low watts,
Ac and fridge is a no go area, my ac alone is 1360watts , my battery is just a total of 150watts, oya tell me how I wan do am?
This is the mistake most inverter user make all the time, they will want to plug the whole appliances in their house into their inverter, not minding ,dem think say because the inverter supply light to low wattage appliance, na so dem think say e go carry ac,boiling ring, refrigerator,electric cooking gas, even the sellers no go like tell una the truth so dat una go dey buy battery for their hand all the time, inverter or mini is just for the meantime until nepa bring light

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by mrkhaynoni: 11:13pm On Nov 11, 2015
Oga Ceejay if u no mind I go like contact u directly. Please may I av ur pin or no?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 4:38am On Nov 12, 2015
mrkhaynoni:
Oga Ceejay if u no mind I go like contact u directly. Please may I av ur pin or no?
08028789799, 07032659200
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Leopantro: 3:34am On Nov 14, 2015
ceejay80s:

Yes it will power lcd and led TVs, Its easy, all u need is a small ups ( the one that uses only one battery), a battery charger and a 12v valve regulated or deep cycle battery and a red and black wire which u will use to extend the negative and positive cable of the ups
Unscrew ur ups and extend the black and red wire that go to the battery to be longer(please use red and black colour wire to avoid confusion), connect the extended red wire to ur battery positive(red) and the black to ur battery (negative),
Also connect the charger's positive clip to ur battery positive and charger's negative clip to ur battery negative, now, plug in ur charger power cable in to electricity power source and plug in ur lcd to ur ups, turn on ur ups and its ready!!!

What about the power cable for the UPS? Do you cut it off? Also, is it possible to charge the battery that was initially in the ups while maintaining this setup?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 7:46am On Nov 14, 2015
Leopantro:

What about the power cable for the UPS? Do you cut it off? Also, is it possible to charge the battery that was initially in the ups while maintaining this setup?
(1).The power cable must be plugged to the main power source at all times, don't cut it off
(2). Yes
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Leopantro: 11:43am On Nov 14, 2015
ceejay80s:

(1).The power cable must be plugged to the main power source at all times, don't cut it off
(2). Yes

Forgive me but I don't understand. The smart charger has 4 wires attached to it. The two wires with clips are attached to the 12v battery. To what do you attach the other two wires.
2. I have a working 650v ups. Are you saying that I connect wires from the terminals of the internal battery in the ups to the 12v battery, then to the smart charger?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by makavele: 3:44pm On Nov 14, 2015
Leopantro:

Forgive me but I don't understand. The smart charger has 4 wires attached to it. The two wires with clips are attached to the 12v battery. To what do you attach the other two wires.
2. I have a working 650v ups. Are you saying that I connect wires from the terminals of the internal battery in the ups to the 12v battery, then to the smart charger?

1. Obviously, the other wire is just the plug . . to plug into your wall outlet or how do u intend to power the charger if u dont plug it in The remaining black and red wires are terminal clips to be connected to the battery you wish to charge

2. Open the ups, remove the small internal battery . . u will see the wires,. red and black as usual . . extend them to where you can
conveniently connect them to the external bigger battery . . +ve to +ve and -ve to -ve

3. the smart charger should only be connected when u intend charging . . , it's very portable, and can be moved

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Leopantro: 10:39pm On Nov 14, 2015
makavele:

1. Obviously, the other wire is just the plug . . to plug into your wall outlet or how do u intend to power the charger if u dont plug it in The remaining black and red wires are terminal clips to be connected to the battery you wish to charge

2. Open the ups, remove the small internal battery . . u will see the wires,. red and black as usual . . extend them to where you can
conveniently connect them to the external bigger battery . . +ve to +ve and -ve to -ve

3. the smart charger should only be connected when u intend charging . . , it's very portable, and can be moved

Correct me if I'm wrong but the smart charger charges the additional battery but while in use you can disconnect the smart charger and use the empty ups to charge the battery. Thus at no point are the two power plugs connected to electricity at the same time?
Will have to order that smart charger from Lagos, couldnt find it anywhere in the east

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by makavele: 11:19pm On Nov 14, 2015
Leopantro:

Correct me if I'm wrong but the smart charger charges the additional battery but while in use you can disconnect the smart charger and use the empty ups to charge the battery. Thus at no point are the two power plugs connected to electricity at the same time?
Will have to order that smart charger from Lagos, couldnt find it anywhere in the east

The smart charger charges at max 20amp per hour. the ups charges at max 1.5 amps per hour . .
leaving both connected to a power outlet will do no harm . . (the harm is overcharging the battery and boiling the plates)
but for recommended safety practice, leave the smart charger connected to the electrical mains, and remove the UPS
afterall, it only gives 1Amp/hour which is practically useless . . unless u wanna tricklecharge (maintenance)

2 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 8:37am On Nov 15, 2015
Leopantro:

Both my ups and smart charger are plugged in at the same time to electricity, ur ups is also smart, it stops charging as soon as ur battery hits 100% charge like makavele said, the ups charges only 1amp/hr , always leave ur ups plugged to ur electricity wall ,when ever u have light ,the ups will be on nepa mode, it switches to battery mode when ever nepa take ur light, so when ever u have light u are not using the battery but nepa,
So u must plug both ups and smart charger to electricity.
Don't worry,it won't overcharge ur battery,both ups and smart charger are smart
Hope u understand?

4 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Leopantro: 12:21pm On Nov 15, 2015
Thanks so much for the explanation. I now fully understand the principle of how to use it. Have asked someone to buy and ship the smart charger to me, hope to get it by Wednesday. Will update later
BTW, my TV utilizes 129W what value of battery do you recommend?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 1:52pm On Nov 15, 2015
Leopantro:
Thanks so much for the explanation. I now fully understand the principle of how to use it. Have asked someone to buy and ship the smart charger to me, hope to get it by Wednesday. Will update later
BTW, my TV utilizes 129W what value of battery do you recommend?
it depends on how long u want to watch ur TV
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by makavele: 4:05pm On Nov 15, 2015
ceejay80s:

129 watt is high . like he said it depends on hw long u wanna watch
a 40AH battery would serve you for 3.5 hours . . . and that's calculating for your TV alone
i have not calculated for the DVD, decoder , light bulb or any other mini appliance u might wish to run . . .
and also, i have not calculated for energy loss due to heat and internal resistance of the wires . .
by d time i add all dat, maybe it would last for just 1hr and some mins . . truely !!!
a LED TV is more efficient . . as mine uses just 39Watts
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Leopantro: 4:49pm On Nov 15, 2015
ceejay80s:

2 - 4hrs. Also have an Xbox 360 with - 120Watt. It requires a step down transformer with 200Watt.

EDIT: guess I will have to get the LED TV you recommended. For now I have a portable DVD TV player I can use for the mean time

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (356) (Reply)

Www.waptrick.com Download Game , Mp3, Music ,apps / Www.waptrick.com | Download Games | Music | Videos | Apps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.