Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,786 members, 7,813,600 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:40 PM

How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease - Science/Technology (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease (691640 Views)

17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone / The Locally-Made Vehicle I Saw In Aba - Pictures / Locally Made Amphibian Jet Spotted At Lagos Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (356) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 4:57pm On Nov 15, 2015
makavele:

129 watt is high . like he said it depends on hw long u wanna watch
a 40AH battery would serve you for 3.5 hours . . . and that's calculating for your TV alone
i have not calculated for the DVD, decoder , light bulb or any other mini appliance u might wish to run . . .
and also, i have not calculated for energy loss due to heat and internal resistance of the wires . .
by d time i add all dat, maybe it would last for just 1hr and some mins . . truely !!!
a LED TV is more efficient . . as mine uses just 39Watts
Or better still he should go for 15-21inch lcd or led monitor, it will work with ur decorder, I have a 160 watts lcd TV but I needed more watch time, so I went to computer village and bought a 34watts, 15inch
lcd monitor with AV input for 5k . An lcd/led monitor with AV input is ok, u just need to connect the video(yellow) and the audio (red and white) cable, AV lcd monitors are cheaper because dem no get digital/analog TV tunner and u can use it with decorders or dvd players

2 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by iamphilips(m): 7:49pm On Nov 15, 2015
Hello guys, stumbled on this thread and im very impressed. Im a student and I intend having this setup in my room........ I'll go to the market(Westminster) to price led/lcd screen sha.

2 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 8:24pm On Nov 15, 2015
iamphilips:
Hello guys, stumbled on this thread and im very impressed. Im a student and I intend having this setup in my room........ I'll go to the market(Westminster) to price led/lcd screen sha.
Go for led, lower in wattage
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by mrkhaynoni: 10:58am On Nov 17, 2015
My sincere gratitude to ceejay08 the OP of the thread. Thanks bro, this handsome gentleman took it upon himself to set up my mini inverter in my house. I called him up, pleaded with him to help me source for the needed equipments i.e UPS, chargers etc because I was trapped at home for some reasons and I needed power supply. Mr ceejay agreed, gave me a thorough breakdown of cost, I transferred money into his account without ever seeing him. And he delivered! No story, No excuse. Am enjoying ur set up bro. There are good guys indeed on nairaland.! Mind you he never charged me for his services but I tried to compensate him for his time and stress. try him, u ll be shocked what a gentleman he is

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by iamphilips(m): 2:57pm On Nov 17, 2015
Wow, thats very nice of our op.......... bro I saw a 22inch led tv without Av Nd they are call 7k..... he said I need to but converter of 3k.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 3:37pm On Nov 17, 2015
iamphilips:
Wow, thats very nice of our op.......... bro I saw a 22inch led tv without Av Nd they are call 7k..... he said I need to but converter of 3k.
Don't buy it, the AV converter is not 3k , the AV converter is more than 3k, they will push u to buy the monitor and after payment u will discover that the AV converter is about 7k-10k, Let them bring it and test it before u pay for both the monitor and the converter at same time, go to computer village or alaba international, u will get a led or lcd monitor with AV input

4 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 3:39pm On Nov 17, 2015
mrkhaynoni:
My sincere gratitude to ceejay08 the OP of the thread. Thanks bro, this handsome gentleman took it upon himself to set up my mini inverter in my house. I called him up, pleaded with him to help me source for the needed equipments i.e UPS, chargers etc because I was trapped at home for some reasons and I needed power supply. Mr ceejay agreed, gave me a thorough breakdown of cost, I transferred money into his account without ever seeing him. And he delivered! No story, No excuse. Am enjoying ur set up bro. There are good guys indeed on nairaland.! Mind you he never charged me for his services but I tried to compensate him for his time and stress. try him, u ll be shocked what a gentleman he is
I appreciate my brother, my head don dey swell, but na u try pass

5 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by blowjanet: 8:16pm On Nov 17, 2015
Kindly inbox me how much you paid cuz i would like to get mine done too before december. thanks 08080187158
mrkhaynoni:
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by blowjanet: 8:17pm On Nov 17, 2015
Bros i hail o abeg kindly send me the quote you shared with the other bros, would like to get mine done before december. thanks boss.
ceejay80s:

I appreciate my brother, my head don dey swell, but na u try pass
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 4:38am On Nov 18, 2015
blowjanet:
Bros i hail o abeg kindly send me the quote you shared with the other bros, would like to get mine done before december. thanks boss.
Smart charger--7k
Colored cable wires---200naira
650Va ups---1500naira
Battery---depends on what u want to load
Transportation---depends on where u are staying

2 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 8:05am On Nov 18, 2015
Good day to u all
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 10:08am On Nov 18, 2015
ceejay80s is an ACTIVE nairaland member since 15TH of MAY 2006

5 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by xtremeidea(m): 12:09pm On Nov 18, 2015
ceejay80s:
Good day to u all

This is very nice and informative.

I have something similar to this at home, but in my own case i use a standard UPS with old car batteries. My only problem is that it takes a lot of time to charge.

Can this smart charger make charge time faster?

Also can it charge two car batteries simultaneously? If so, please advise. wanna see if i can setup this power device to power my room.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by blowjanet: 4:15pm On Nov 18, 2015
ceejay80s:

Smart charger--7k
Colored cable wires---200naira
650Va ups---1500naira
Battery---depends on what u want to load
Transportation---depends on where u are staying

Boss I stay in Isolo.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 4:20pm On Nov 18, 2015
blowjanet:

Boss I stay in Isolo.
Transportation is 1500naira without purchasing of battery, if I am buying 100ah battery and above the price of transportation will be more,because these batteries are heavy and I no fit take dem dey jump molue , I will take taxi to ur place if I am buying heavier batteries

4 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 5:48pm On Nov 18, 2015
xtremeidea:

This is very nice and informative.

I have something similar to this at home, but in my own case i use a standard UPS with old car batteries. My only problem is that it takes a lot of time to charge.

Can this smart charger make charge time faster?

Also can it charge two car batteries simultaneously? If so, please advise. wanna see if i can setup this power device to power my room.
Car batteries are not designed for inverter purpose, although it will work but it won't last, these batteries have charge cycles, although I have not charged a car battery with the smart charger, check google concerning the use of car batteries as backup inverter
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by makavele: 7:41pm On Nov 18, 2015
Yes, 100 cycles and your car battery is toast !!!
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by blowjanet: 8:27pm On Nov 18, 2015
ceejay80s:

Transportation is 1500naira without purchasing of battery, if I am buying 100ah battery and above the price of transportation will be more,because these batteries are heavy and I no fit take dem dey jump molue , I will take taxi to ur place if I am buying heavier batteries

How much is the 100 amp battery.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 9:04pm On Nov 18, 2015
blowjanet:

How much is the 100 amp battery.
16-17k or there about, but they are not brand new but grade 1, what do u intend loading?
Brand new 100ah should around 50-100k
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Ty207: 2:24pm On Nov 19, 2015
ceejay80s:
I now have two 12v 18ah , two 12v 42ah and one 12v 40ah making a total of 12v 160ah , all connected in parallel to my bluegate 650ups, it takes about 4-5hrs to fully charge.
NOTE: I did not completely deplete the battery powers before charging, I only used it for about 8hrs (15inch lcd,bluray dvd and my 10watts fan) before nepa surprise us with light, I made sure the smart charger is always on my batteries and plugged in my electricity wall socket , in case I no dey house and nepa bring light e go charge my battery for me, like seriously, I am enjoying it

When you have just 12v 40ah battery you power (15inch lcd,bluray dvd and my 10watts fan)..now that you have 4batteries=160ah you still power same....what happen to your 32inches lcd abi you wan carry this batteries go hea... grin just kidding

ceejay80s:
When there is no electricity ,my 40ah battery can power my 15inch lcd and gotv or blu ray player for full 9hrs
you have been using this battery for 6 months according to my calculation..pls i will like you to test this battery again....i really want to know how reliable/strong this batteries are(fullriver)...thanks
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 2:41pm On Nov 19, 2015
Ty207:

When you have just 12v 40ah battery you power (15inch lcd,bluray dvd and my 10watts fan)..now that you have 4batteries=160ah you still power same....what happen you just 32inches lcd?... grin

I only use it with my 15inch lcd, 10watts fan, bluray player and my mini audio amplifier so that I can have a longer time on my battery after all na the same thing the two lcd TV go show, I only use my 32 inch lcd TV when I have light
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 3:07pm On Nov 19, 2015
Ty207:

you have been using this battery for 6 months according to my calculation..pls i will like you to test this battery again....i really want to know how reliable/strong are this batteries(fullriver)...thanks
Fullriver batteries are good and quality batteries, u can check their website,
http://www.fullriverbattery.com/main#collapseOne

I am not using only fullriver battery, I also use Garcia 12v18ah and panasonic 12v 42ah and they too are good quality batteries
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Ty207: 3:22pm On Nov 19, 2015
ceejay80s:

Fullriver batteries a good quality batteries, u can check their website, I am not using only fullriver battery, I also use Garcia 12v18ah and panasonic 12v 42ah and they too are good quality batteries
I know you are not using fullriver alone but i will appreciate if you can test it for me....i want to know if someone can still get 4/5hours after 6months of usage.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 4:49pm On Nov 19, 2015
Ty207:

I know you are not using fullriver alone but i will appreciate if you can test it for me....i want to know if someone can still get 4/5hours after 6months of usage.
U definitely will get 4-5hrs or more depending on ur load, for instance, that 10watts fan will be more than 10hrs on it alone, my FM radio audio amplifier will last 10hrs on it, it depends on what u are loading, charging ur phone on it alone can take u a few days or even a week
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Damma(m): 12:11am On Nov 20, 2015
Oga Ceejay I hail ur Work...
I Recommend this USB Light on Jumia with Power Consumption of 1.2watts to be used with the Set-Up or what do you feel ?

3 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 4:31am On Nov 20, 2015
Damma:
Oga Ceejay I hail ur Work...
I Recommend this USB Light on Jumia with Power Consumption of 1.2watts to be used with the Set-Up or what do you feel ?
If its really 1.2watts then its Super OK!

2 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by kolomax(m): 11:41am On Nov 26, 2015
Nice innovation
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by moski5(m): 5:28pm On Nov 28, 2015
ceejay80s:

There's this six round covers on top of batteries, open all round cvers with a safety pin, u will see another rubber cover in each of those six holes, carefully remove the rubbers and add distilled water in each of the battery holes, do not fill distilled water it to the top ,just make sure the water is atleast above the plates inside the battery, when u are done , cover the with rubbers and also with the round top cover , now charge the battery with an automatic battery charcer, don't take it to battery chargers, their charger will damage ur battery, use ur inverter battery charger or an automatic battery charger (check page 1 and 2)
U can google the internet on how to make distilled water,there are different ways but this my portable indoor ac na him easy for me pass, another method is rain water and another method is by boiling water and putting a glass bowl in the water u are boiling bla bla bla....this method na long story, for more info pls ask google on how to make distilled water

hello

what make is your portable ac n is it durable
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 10:41pm On Nov 28, 2015
moski5:

hello

what make is your portable ac n is it durable
Amcor 15KEH-410
But I don't power with my battery o!!!!! Its 15000btu ac,
Mine is very good and its 2yrs now but it fairly used, if u want to buy a used portable ac, once the sellers put it on ,put ur hand where the cool air comes out from, if its not cold enough, don't buy it , the trick these seller use is by telling u that ur hands are dirty they will bring water and when u deep ur hands in water and put it in front of the ac where cool air comes out from ,ur hands will be cool, just make sure u don't deep ur hand in water before u test the cooling capacity of any ac, don't let them deceive u, if its not cold,don't buy it and if its not tested, don't buy it, always go for 15000btu and above on portable ac 15000btu is 1.5hp ,anything lesser than that is for very small rooms
Before u buy portable ac ,search through google for reviews and find out about it from those that have used it, that's how I bought mine, I no need any ac tech to follow me go there and chop my money, thanks to my phone and google, I did so many research and I am enjoying it now

9 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by evanstical: 10:44am On Nov 29, 2015
please can u be charging the battery and be using the connected appliances. and where does inverters come into play?

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 11:01am On Nov 29, 2015
evanstical:
please can u be charging the battery and be using the connected appliances. and where does inverters come into play?
Its not an inverter ,its a ups and although both are similar to some extent ,u can be charging the batteries and at the same time using ur ups, u see, ups has inbuilt automatic change over, when there's electricity power,it switches to nepa mode and when nepa carry ur light ,it switches to battery mode, ur ups power plug cable must be plugged into the main power switch at all times.
My smart battery charger and ups are plugged in the main electricity wall everytime, I don't remove them
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Im2Busy2Bother: 1:21pm On Nov 29, 2015
ceejay80s:

Amcor 15KEH-410
But I don't power with my battery o!!!!! Its 15000btu ac,
Mine is very good and its 2yrs now but it fairly used, if u want to buy a used portable ac, once the sellers put it on ,put ur hand where the cool air comes out from, if its not cold enough, don't buy it , the trick these seller use is by telling u that ur hands are dirty they will bring water and when u deep ur hands in water and put it in front of the ac where cool air comes out from ,ur hands will be cool, just make sure u don't deep ur hand in water before u test the cooling capacity of any ac, don't let them deceive u, if its not cold,don't buy it and if its not tested, don't buy it, always go for 15000btu and above on portable ac 15000btu is 1.5hp ,anything lesser than that is for very small rooms
Before u buy portable ac ,search through google for reviews and find out about it from those that have used it, that's how I bought mine, I no need any ac tech to follow me go there and chop my money, thanks to my phone and google, I did so many research and I am enjoying it now

How much did you get the portable ac. Any chance of seeing the real life pix of it (especially how you did the exhaust hose connection )? My Landlord has a do-not-alter-building clause in my rent contract

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (356) (Reply)

Www.waptrick.com Download Game , Mp3, Music ,apps / Www.waptrick.com | Download Games | Music | Videos | Apps

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.