Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,471 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

My Bf's Mum's Terminally Ill: How Do I Console Him? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Bf's Mum's Terminally Ill: How Do I Console Him? (24738 Views)

Help My Bf Is Pushing Me To Marry Other Suitors / Terminally-Ill Bride Gets The Wedding Of Her Dreams / I Am Not Attracted To My Bf (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Bf's Mum's Terminally Ill: How Do I Console Him? by ironladyb(f): 1:44pm On Mar 06, 2009
my dear if u really love ur boy friend tell him to take his mama to visit prophet T.B Josiah church in lag, God his waiting to meet her there
u can also log at www.synagoguechurch.com.

wishing all the best
Re: My Bf's Mum's Terminally Ill: How Do I Console Him? by gospelman(m): 2:02pm On Mar 06, 2009
There is no need to pity him. There is no need to pity his mother, because that will kill her easily. So what is it then?

Two things:
1. Get Pastor Chris' ATMOSPHERE for MIRALCES dvds and play it for here morning noon and night. Let her get into that ATMOSPHERE. ANYTHING can happen! And I mean just anything!

2. You can go to Christ Embassy HQ, and find out how Pastor Chris can minister to her. I believe she does not have to die, cancer or no cancer. There is a solution for her.

Do not throw pity parties. It is time to act and be wise. Like I said she does not have to die when she has a chance to live.

God bless you.
Re: My Bf's Mum's Terminally Ill: How Do I Console Him? by Acheina: 2:12pm On Mar 06, 2009
i agree with Rekky,dont just over things,less,he gets irritated and lives you for sumtin soothing.Ya all know what im talking about.all the best.
Re: My Bf's Mum's Terminally Ill: How Do I Console Him? by deoye05: 2:32pm On Mar 06, 2009
well, i just feel you should use your discretion.

you should know when to talk and when to keep quiet, cause you can read his feeelings

show the brother some love in all aspect.
Re: My Bf's Mum's Terminally Ill: How Do I Console Him? by PurestBoy(m): 4:07pm On Mar 06, 2009
The is the right time to show him how much you love him instead of talking about your cosmetics, hairdo and recharge cards
Re: My Bf's Mum's Terminally Ill: How Do I Console Him? by drrionelli(m): 4:43pm On Mar 06, 2009
One thing that hasn't been brought up is that it is important to provide as much a sense of normalcy as is possible.  That way, the young man will be able to see his mother's illness and impending death as part of the whole scheme of things.  Now, of course, this does not mean to be discompassionate.  Far from it.  Rather, it allows those who are still living to keep on living.  True, such lives will be different, but they will happen, nonetheless.  And such lives can, indeed, be rich ones. 

While giving this man his space, it should be noted that he'll need to have things done for him in his day-to-day living.  Help out with those things so he can spend more quality time with his mother. 

The grief process can be exhausting, physically and emotionally.  Make sure this fellow gets the rest he needs.  He'll try to play "Superman", but unless he has a big, red "S" on his chest, he's just as human as the rest of us.

And, I agree--bhumeeus should meet the mother.  She'll want the reassurance that her son has people who are very special to him in his life. 

bhumeeus, you are a very special person.  By making this thread, you're showing that you're a compassionate, caring, concerned individual.   That will mean a great deal to your boyfriend and his mother. And, believe it or not, it will mean much to those who you encounter in the future, too.
Re: My Bf's Mum's Terminally Ill: How Do I Console Him? by spoilt(f): 2:59am On Mar 07, 2009
tkb417

foot the bill for the casket? shocked shocked shocked
Surely, you didnt say that in jest did you? shocked
Re: My Bf's Mum's Terminally Ill: How Do I Console Him? by Olayinkaoj(m): 4:39pm On Mar 07, 2009
Poster, the situation is pathetic but its not above God, that is one aspect. Secondly, take the woman has if she is your own mother and do exactly to her what you would have done to your mother if you were in the shoes of your boyfriend.Be natural about it and don't do eye service pls. Whatever you do sld not be done becos u want ur boyfriend to notice what u do but a selfless care towards the woman. Who knows, miracle can as well happen and whatever you do is what would be mentioned.

All is well
Re: My Bf's Mum's Terminally Ill: How Do I Console Him? by Kcdjoker: 10:59am On Mar 13, 2009
Hello dear, just want to pass this little advice to u.
Since ur boyfriend dosn't liked to be pitied, just creatify a way to stop him frm thinking about d worries of his mother. To follow this up, always cheer him up & show him dat best part of a woman u know a guy cannot reject.
Finally put everything in prayer.
Re: My Bf's Mum's Terminally Ill: How Do I Console Him? by Elizza(f): 8:39pm On Mar 16, 2009
hi dear, i don't really understand how you mean by "console". is it dt u want to console him dt she'll die or what? Are you a christian? if u are, put Jesus in your shoes. Would he console ur bf or join faiths to do what he loves doing best[miarcles]? act fast, a littie faith can heal the world let alone a woman with cancer. i'm sorry if i sounded too spiritual, i just have to.
Re: My Bf's Mum's Terminally Ill: How Do I Console Him? by ayobase(m): 11:47am On Mar 17, 2009
U just need to be very close to him
u are not expected to talk much
just always be there to cheer him up.
do what he thinks he will like!

U can create time to go visit the mum
in the hospital with some gifts.

Ok?
Re: My Bf's Mum's Terminally Ill: How Do I Console Him? by drrionelli(m): 5:38pm On Apr 14, 2009
This thread has received no posts in quite a while. I wonder how the fellow is doing. Indeed, it is very difficult to deal with the serious illness of a close family member.

Are there any words of comfort that we might offer?
Re: My Bf's Mum's Terminally Ill: How Do I Console Him? by dapachez: 11:23pm On Dec 18, 2010
@ poster i understand absolutely what your boyfriend is going through. We are in the same shoes,my mum has cancer also and the most harrowing day of my life was april 2nd 2010 when i broke the news to her(i dont wish this for anybody not even my enemies).when my mum goes through crisis i just cant help but weep. My gf knws i hate pity n all she does is send me text and prays with me. Please dont be overbearing and watch when you call so you dont meet him in a foul mood cos when we are helpless we could get irritated and act rash.GOD BLESS ALL MOTHERS AND I PRAY NONE OF YOU EXPERIENCE THIS AMEN
Re: My Bf's Mum's Terminally Ill: How Do I Console Him? by drrionelli(m): 8:35am On Dec 21, 2010
In that case, dapachez, I will not offer you pity. I SHALL, however, offer compassion and empathy, for I, too, have walked in your shoes. My thoughts are with you and yours, sir.
Re: My Bf's Mum's Terminally Ill: How Do I Console Him? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Dec 21, 2010
@Poster: this is a very hard topic to advise because I am not in the position so I do not know how he feels. My only thing is this is a critical time for the two of you. This is the time where you need to give him your undivided attention as losing his mother can change a man. Be there for him. Have prayer sessions if necessary and have a diologue or allow him to vent to you his feelings. Remind him or help him to think of the good times he has had with his mother and most importantly allow him to grieve without interruption if he wishes to do so but just be there, that is what is important. Sorry to hear that btw  undecided.
Re: My Bf's Mum's Terminally Ill: How Do I Console Him? by akanbiaa(m): 8:40pm On Jul 13, 2011
cheer him up try to visit the mother from time to time;one has cancer does not mean one is dying soon,organise a prayer session for her if possible encourage your boyfriend to organise a prayer for her and you shall see a lot of changes.my own mum had cervical cancer and in my case never had a girlfriend so no opposite sex to stay by me and i am her only child what i first did was to post to all my facebook friends to pray for her which i let her knew and all who i meet i let them know seeking solutions i researched and came across the power of the mind in treating all diseases and after she has undergone all the radiation;chemotheraphy injections etc it came to a point that the doctors wanted to use radiation on her spine which could have caused paralysis but she refused being a medical person herself she believed it was just a back problem she had and not that the cancer as spread there as doctors predicted and when another test was done on her there was no cancer spread on her back and she is much better just battling with side effects of the treatment like swollen leg and swollen neck which god willing will go with time.so let him learn from my story never give up and resign to fate and never take all what the doctors say as final.let god decide that.keep me posted.god is indeed great.these situation has helped me a lot to know those who trully love and care for me and because of these cancer she moved from a danger zone in the north were she was working and down to south west where there is peace,god can use a disease to save you from death which could have gotten you untimely if not for the condition god put on your health.
Re: My Bf's Mum's Terminally Ill: How Do I Console Him? by MMM2(m): 9:11pm On Jul 13, 2011
op
just give ur BF punny alwayz so he can 4get abt d mum. angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Girls, Can You Marry A Poor Man If You're Rich? / Should My Brother Marry Her After She Stole Her Dad's Money To Support Him? / Women Cannot Go Back Materialistically.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.