Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,878 members, 7,844,838 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

NASS Crisis: Supremacy Belongs To The People, Not Party – Dogara - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NASS Crisis: Supremacy Belongs To The People, Not Party – Dogara (20215 Views)

NASS Crisis: What Buhari Told APC Reps At The Meeting / NASS Crisis: How I Escaped Abduction — Saraki / Saraki Replies APC Leadership On NASS Crisis, Says "My Hands Are Tied" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NASS Crisis: Supremacy Belongs To The People, Not Party – Dogara by Cool83(m): 10:30am On Jul 06, 2015
deejayALFY:
“In actual fact, sovereignty in a democratic regime belongs to the
people. The government is for the people and the party too is for
the people.
“Absolute supremacy must be anchored on the sovereignty of our
people because if we don’t pursue the interest of our people, you
can guarantee the fact that sooner than later there may be no
APC"...

SPEAKER DOGARA MY RULE MODEL

SP SARAKI MY MENTOR

SAI BABA MY PRESIDO

click like for them if u concor... #BigUps
they are not protecting d interest of people, they are after their own pocket nd how to share d position
Re: NASS Crisis: Supremacy Belongs To The People, Not Party – Dogara by buchilino(m): 10:31am On Jul 06, 2015
Forzap:
Fc uk u dogora Abi Na dogoyaro!!!greedy northerners angry angry

ur reply betrays u, it clearly shows where u come from
Re: NASS Crisis: Supremacy Belongs To The People, Not Party – Dogara by Rotimi47: 10:36am On Jul 06, 2015
I hope many people won't start shouting on social media by the time the north finish with them, they think the south west don't know what they are trying to prevent! People should know that the south west have always been on the opposition since 1960 and they survived to be the most developed region in Nigeria and getting out of APC if they choose to, won't be a problem but I pity the other regions who the North have no regards for as they see them as third class citizens; the north is working on how to reduce the oil derivation fund from 13% to 8% which will be the beginning of what you will be made to swallow and if the west want to teach you a lesson they will always vote in favor of what the north wants, then we will see who will cry more but I trust the west will never support an unjust thing so they will never support the north on anything that will affect the south and to a larger extent the masses ; unlike some other ethnic bigots who can do anything just to get their belly full.
Re: NASS Crisis: Supremacy Belongs To The People, Not Party – Dogara by Nobody: 10:38am On Jul 06, 2015
National Assembly as an institution goes beyond mere party supremacy to choose, decide and impose officials on. As a grand rule every constituencies representatives and senators decides who would represent them in the office zone to that zone. In this context how can Tinubu who said he came from Lagos and South - West geo political zone help to decide who represents South - South geopolitical zone in both houses?

1 Like

Re: NASS Crisis: Supremacy Belongs To The People, Not Party – Dogara by generalkofosi(m): 10:38am On Jul 06, 2015
deejayALFY:
“In actual fact, sovereignty in a democratic regime belongs to the
people. The government is for the people and the party too is for
the people.
“Absolute supremacy must be anchored on the sovereignty of our
people because if we don’t pursue the interest of our people, you
can guarantee the fact that sooner than later there may be no
APC"...

SPEAKER DOGARA MY RULE MODEL

SP SARAKI MY MENTOR

SAI BABA MY PRESIDO

click like for them if u concor... #BigUps

It's "role model" bro. Thank me later
Re: NASS Crisis: Supremacy Belongs To The People, Not Party – Dogara by dBard: 10:41am On Jul 06, 2015
blackpanda:

But I thot its the people that voted and chose the party? So if a party member refuses to follow the party, how does that help democracy?

If party can not control its members, then our democracy is dead on arrival because humans are naturally selfish and will only do that which will personally favour them.

If party can not control its members, that means the people can not control the members as well. Party looks at the broader picture as against the members that are just in for their own selfish reasons.

Point taken, but d party's wish doesn't necessarily mirror d people's wish, and don't forget, in most instances, ppl vote individuals irrespective of party affiliations.
Putting d party supreme over d wishes of D masses / national interest, negates what democracy is meant to be.
Re: NASS Crisis: Supremacy Belongs To The People, Not Party – Dogara by labamo07(m): 10:44am On Jul 06, 2015
IbokUtoroh:
r u ok mister?
Ministerial list wey baba dont even know hw to start u dey blame nass for de delay. U no hear say dogoyaro dey look for tips from gej, abi u just enter naija?
Ogbeni, e be like say termite dey chop your brain, why insulting me, I only gave out my opinion.
Re: NASS Crisis: Supremacy Belongs To The People, Not Party – Dogara by simplynola(m): 10:45am On Jul 06, 2015
Supremacy belongs to the people indeed! while the money and fame belong to you right? Keep deceiving yourself Dogara.

1 Like

Re: NASS Crisis: Supremacy Belongs To The People, Not Party – Dogara by IbokUtoroh(m): 10:46am On Jul 06, 2015
labamo07:

Ogbeni, e be like say termite dey chop your brain, why insulting me, I only gave out my opinion.
r u sure u knw d definition of insult?
Re: NASS Crisis: Supremacy Belongs To The People, Not Party – Dogara by wasuka14(m): 10:46am On Jul 06, 2015
Accountant General of d Nation should pls cut dis ppl budgets. Its because of bogus pay dey got now dt make dem fumble. By d time dey r unable to fly in private jets again, dey will behave normal. Infact am disappointed in dis National assemblies. How can u cut d fingers dt fed u?? When 2019 is approach now, dey wil start jumpin. All over diff parties. And gullible ppl wil start praisin dem. #InGodITrust.
Re: NASS Crisis: Supremacy Belongs To The People, Not Party – Dogara by jlinkd78(m): 10:48am On Jul 06, 2015
wummyanthoy:
Agree with u!
Tank u Wummy.
Re: NASS Crisis: Supremacy Belongs To The People, Not Party – Dogara by ukipet1: 10:50am On Jul 06, 2015
why are u not making sense? if u cant type simple sentence pls lock up
SPG4U:
A
Re: NASS Crisis: Supremacy Belongs To The People, Not Party – Dogara by jlinkd78(m): 10:53am On Jul 06, 2015
simplynola:
Supremacy belongs to the people indeed! while the money and fame belong to you right? Keep deceiving yourself Dogara.
D write up was whether supremacy belonged to d people or to the political party not about money. Comments should be after reading and assimilating a write up n not from an already fixed n biased mindset. Read d write up again from DAT young Nigerian 'Dogara' , then comment.
Re: NASS Crisis: Supremacy Belongs To The People, Not Party – Dogara by simplynola(m): 10:56am On Jul 06, 2015
jlinkd78:
D write up was whether supremacy belonged to d people or to the political party not about money. Comments should be after reading and assimilating a write up n not from an already fixed n biased mindset. Read d write up from DAT young Nigerian 'Dogara' then comment.

Guess you have lost your marbles? My comments remain the same ok?
Re: NASS Crisis: Supremacy Belongs To The People, Not Party – Dogara by jlinkd78(m): 11:02am On Jul 06, 2015
simplynola:

Guess you have lost your marbles? My comments remain the same ok?
Taking corrections when corrected is only a virtue and not a must. I v not lost my marbles either but only observed a slight malfunctioning in ur cerebral analysis index.
Re: NASS Crisis: Supremacy Belongs To The People, Not Party – Dogara by simplynola(m): 11:06am On Jul 06, 2015
jlinkd78:
Taking corrections when corrected is only a virtue and not a must. I v not lost my marbles either but only observed a slight malfunctioning in ur cerebral analysis index.

Go and correct ur dad and mum ok, am a man of my own and again my comments remain the same.
Re: NASS Crisis: Supremacy Belongs To The People, Not Party – Dogara by jlinkd78(m): 11:12am On Jul 06, 2015
simplynola:

Go and correct ur dad and mum ok, am a man of my own and again my comments remain the same.
Another F9, talk is amongst Me, You, Dogara and u r mentioning dad and mum. Am sure u don't understand when you read. I know deep inside u my point is accepted but no ill feelings for 'no thanks'
Re: NASS Crisis: Supremacy Belongs To The People, Not Party – Dogara by gsalvatore: 11:15am On Jul 06, 2015
What Mr. Dogara said is the truth.

Just that the truth is favouring his Ambition (selfish or not is subjective).

The only people that feel pained about this truth are bigots, biased and sentimental people that's even the more reason Mr. Dogara will go ahead as the speaker.

Once you keep an open mind putting in consideration the Nigerian people as whole then you'd support the speaker. I will like to believe we still have smart people who will see the right thing and stand by it.

Dogara got his opportunity, he took it now he has to be bold to keep it... To keep it he has to show his detractors that he is not a push over. I expect him to be bold and meaner and smarter this Coming days and I think hiding behind " the people's wish/constitution is supreme rant" is a good start.

A call to serve humanity is ....... Fill in the blank space
Re: NASS Crisis: Supremacy Belongs To The People, Not Party – Dogara by jlinkd78(m): 11:17am On Jul 06, 2015
simplynola:

Another F9, talk is amongst Me, You, Dogara and u r mentioning dad and mum. Am sure u don't understand when you read. I know inside u my point is accepted but no ill feelings for 'no thanks'. It is either (I am) or (I'm) and never (am) a man of my own.........though accepting this correction again is optional.
Re: NASS Crisis: Supremacy Belongs To The People, Not Party – Dogara by jlinkd78(m): 11:22am On Jul 06, 2015
gsalvatore:
What Mr. Dogara said is the truth.

Just that the truth is favouring his Ambition (selfish or not is subjective).

The only people that feel pained about this truth are bigots, biased and sentimental people that's even the more reason Mr. Dogara will go ahead as the speaker.

Once you keep an open mind putting in consideration the Nigerian people as whole then you'd support the speaker. I will like to believe we still have smart people who will see the right thing and stand by it.

Dogara got his opportunity, he took it now he has to be bold to keep it... To keep it he has to show his detractors that he is not a push over. I expect him to be bold and meaner and smarter this Coming days and I think hiding behind " the people's wish/constitution is supreme rant" is a good start.

A call to serve humanity is ....... Fill in the blank space
Responses from people like u is why I visit n read Nairaland comments not one simplynola of a being who believes Dogara is out of order. Well done .
Re: NASS Crisis: Supremacy Belongs To The People, Not Party – Dogara by hopilo: 11:23am On Jul 06, 2015
“Absolute supremacy must be anchored on the sovereignty of our people because if we don’t pursue the interest of our people, you can guarantee the fact that sooner than later there may be no APC.

Dogara, you are spot on with this statement. Ride on my man.
Re: NASS Crisis: Supremacy Belongs To The People, Not Party – Dogara by Forzap: 11:25am On Jul 06, 2015
IbokUtoroh:
una meeting is schedule on the morrow, time 4pm. Convener orlando owoh.
Chairboy the wailers wailing group.

Mtcheeew undecided
Re: NASS Crisis: Supremacy Belongs To The People, Not Party – Dogara by ayindejimmy(m): 11:29am On Jul 06, 2015
He urged the leadership of the party to place national interest above personal ambitions as he hoped to partner PDP in moving the House forward.

PDP is not interested in APC's success. So if you're partnering with PDP then you have the same inclination
Re: NASS Crisis: Supremacy Belongs To The People, Not Party – Dogara by dasrackhor(m): 11:33am On Jul 06, 2015
IbokUtoroh:
yea God is supreme n we r sons of God, so we share in that supremity' dont knw weada dat word dey o. He also made us in His own likeness n gave us powers to trample upon serpents in this case tinubu n scorpions also tinubu.
Lolz...Tinubu really pissed u off real time...Its well....
Re: NASS Crisis: Supremacy Belongs To The People, Not Party – Dogara by onoxyx: 11:35am On Jul 06, 2015
Dogara speaks sense! #DogaraforPresident
Re: NASS Crisis: Supremacy Belongs To The People, Not Party – Dogara by simplynola(m): 11:37am On Jul 06, 2015
jlinkd78:
Responses from people like u is why I visit n read Nairaland comments not one simplynola of a being who believes Dogara is out of order. Well done .

Seems you are jobless? Dogara Pay master. Don't expect further response from me cuz you are wasting away my precious time ok?
Re: NASS Crisis: Supremacy Belongs To The People, Not Party – Dogara by Orunto: 11:45am On Jul 06, 2015
To the elites, Dogara is our Newfound Politician.!!! He is the Difference between the Bible and the Quran. He is a developing Nigerian Leader that God Himself is making.
Re: NASS Crisis: Supremacy Belongs To The People, Not Party – Dogara by babestella: 11:47am On Jul 06, 2015
Good, the better news is that APC alone in the house cannot make up the 2/3 majority members needed to impeach any of these guys. PDP will not support any impeachment process served on saraki and dogara. end of...
Re: NASS Crisis: Supremacy Belongs To The People, Not Party – Dogara by babestella: 11:52am On Jul 06, 2015
Tinubu's caucus still fighting hard to hold the APC remote control. I don't think they can have it their way.

By the way, why is it that anytime Buhari makes a statement, the next day he or his media aides issue a different narrative, I think someone is holding Buhari by his balls. He once said he will work with the NASS leaders and after few days, he declined and make a statement that party supremacy should be obeyed. I smell siege here.
Re: NASS Crisis: Supremacy Belongs To The People, Not Party – Dogara by ajepako(f): 12:05pm On Jul 06, 2015
shegsky:

But i smell something MEATY .

I smell something porky and piggy
Re: NASS Crisis: Supremacy Belongs To The People, Not Party – Dogara by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jul 06, 2015
ajepako:

I smell something porky and piggy
My Jesus will forgive you .
Re: NASS Crisis: Supremacy Belongs To The People, Not Party – Dogara by gsalvatore: 12:11pm On Jul 06, 2015
ayindejimmy:
He urged the leadership of the party to place national interest above personal ambitions as he hoped to partner PDP in moving the House forward.

PDP is not interested in APC's success. So if you're partnering with PDP then you have the same inclination
there has to be a common ground.

It's not always black or white. Remember gray?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ameh Ebute On Tom Marino: "FG, Lodge Formal Complaint Against US Congressman" / Women In Abuja Protest Against National Assembly's Misogynistic Agenda (Photos) / Okada Ban: PDP Blames Buhari For Terminating Lagos Metro Rail Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.