Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,731 members, 7,844,402 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

NASS Crisis: Supremacy Belongs To The People, Not Party – Dogara - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NASS Crisis: Supremacy Belongs To The People, Not Party – Dogara (20210 Views)

NASS Crisis: What Buhari Told APC Reps At The Meeting / NASS Crisis: How I Escaped Abduction — Saraki / Saraki Replies APC Leadership On NASS Crisis, Says "My Hands Are Tied" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NASS Crisis: Supremacy Belongs To The People, Not Party – Dogara by Justicealh3(m): 12:18pm On Jul 06, 2015
U guys occupying my space.
Re: NASS Crisis: Supremacy Belongs To The People, Not Party – Dogara by SPG4U(m): 12:30pm On Jul 06, 2015
ukipet1:
why are u not making sense? if u cant type simple sentence pls lock up

And please kindly tell me why its mandatory or compulsory for me to type a sentence....
Re: NASS Crisis: Supremacy Belongs To The People, Not Party – Dogara by deejayALFY(m): 12:32pm On Jul 06, 2015
generalkofosi:

It's "role model" bro. Thank me later
MY GUY I WAS IN A HASTE TO BE FIRST TO COMMENT..FTC..ITS A TYPO
SP SARAKI MY MENTOR
SPEAKER DOGARA MY ROLE MODEL
BABA PMB MY HERO
#ThanksForNotBeingInsultive
Re: NASS Crisis: Supremacy Belongs To The People, Not Party – Dogara by 1forall: 12:36pm On Jul 06, 2015
[size=13pt]Okay, supremacy belongs to the people (although that’s not how Nigerian politicians practice this thing they call democracy). However, the people have now given a mandate to a political party so it's absolutely foolish for Mr Dogara to continue to use the “people supremacy” line to attempt to deceive Nigerians after the people have entrusted their power to his political party. Or are the people able to elect principal officers in the NASS?

Mr Dogara's arguments are watery, defensive, and insulting to my own intelligence because it is clear to me that he is only trying to excuse the role he played in driving APC/NASS into the recent crisis just for his self glorification. Therefore, I am not fooled.

On a different note, it remains a pity (after all these years) to continue to read comments that exhibit a lack of application of basic reasoning here on this forum, however, I would like to commend the writers of these following comments for standing out from the crowd:[/size]

funlord:

This crisis is simply due 2 a lack of ideology in nigerian politics! All of them are busy fighting over "personal rations rather than the progress of their country!" All political parties in nigeria lack any sort of "real ideology" or political ethics and standards that their policies or followers aspire 2! The only ideology they promote is that of "my village and my pocket"!

blackpanda:

But I thot its the people that voted and chose the party? So if a party member refuses to follow the party, how does that help democracy?

If party can not control its members, then our democracy is dead on arrival..

If party can not control its members, that means the people can not control the members as well.

1 Like

Re: NASS Crisis: Supremacy Belongs To The People, Not Party – Dogara by ayindejimmy(m): 12:36pm On Jul 06, 2015
gsalvatore:
there has to be a common ground.

It's not always black or white. Remember gray?
yea , i remember grey. Hw can i 4gt... Wasnt dat d card Saraki pulled?
Bt in nigerian politics we only av common interest-and even that is transient
Re: NASS Crisis: Supremacy Belongs To The People, Not Party – Dogara by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jul 06, 2015
With the power vested on me as the Political Prophet incharge of Baptism, I hereby baptise Hon. Dogara as: 'The Intelligent One'

In other News, The Normadic president, AKA The Daura President is on mission of witch-hunting his enemies, even after assuring Nigerians that he was over and done with all of the hate speeches and negative campaign strategies against his person. After touring the world, visiting presidents aimlessly, his next interest is in sacking his enemies and appointing his friends when almost everyday, lives are being lost....Infact, the way it is right now, our leaders don't value human lives, they don't fvcking care.

Buhari should put party issues aside and concentrate on governance, in my opinion, I think he should leave the leadership of the APC to Bola Tinubu and channel his energy on the mandate the people have placed on me....For being a president alone is enough task.
Re: NASS Crisis: Supremacy Belongs To The People, Not Party – Dogara by gsalvatore: 12:54pm On Jul 06, 2015
ayindejimmy:

yea , i remember grey. Hw can i 4gt... Wasnt dat d card Saraki pulled?
Bt in nigerian politics we only av common interest-and even that is transient
The will of the party should superceed that of the people? Yes?

What exactly are you on about?
Re: NASS Crisis: Supremacy Belongs To The People, Not Party – Dogara by 247notire(m): 12:54pm On Jul 06, 2015
1forall:
Okay, supremacy belongs to the people (although that’s not how Nigerian politicians practice this thing they call democracy). However, the people have now given a mandate to a political party so it's absolutely foolish for Mr Dogara to continue to use the “people supremacy” line to attempt to deceive Nigerians after the people have entrusted their power to his political party. Or are the people able to elect principal officers in the NASS?

Mr Dogara's arguments are watery, defensive, and insulting to my own intelligence because it is clear to me that he is only trying to excuse the role he played in driving APC/NASS into the recent crisis just for his self glorification. Therefore, I am not fooled.

On a different note, it remains a pity (after all these years) to continue to read comments that exhibit a lack of application of basic reasoning here on this forum, however, I would like to commend the writers of these following comments for standing out from the crowd:

What you have said is true... to an extent. If the masses voted for a particular party and the party turns out to make decisions where it shud have no say, isn't that overstepping of its boundaries? Should full grown men subscribe to whatever the party decides for obvious selfish reasons of a few imbeciles who think Nigeria is now to be run on their own terms because they won the elections? The party may have helped them achieve their political ambitions but it cannot override logical the general interests of the people. In a case of APC vs the Masses the latter should and will always win eventually . Si obasanjo's 3rd term agenda amongst others... Danke schoe..
Re: NASS Crisis: Supremacy Belongs To The People, Not Party – Dogara by gsalvatore: 1:09pm On Jul 06, 2015
1forall:
[size=13pt]Okay, supremacy belongs to the people (although that’s not how Nigerian politicians practice this thing they call democracy). However, the people have now given a mandate to a political party so it's absolutely foolish for Mr Dogara to continue to use the “people supremacy” line to attempt to deceive Nigerians after the people have entrusted their power to his political party. Or are the people able to elect principal officers in the NASS?

On a different note, it remains a pity (after all these years) to continue to read comments that exhibit a lack of application of basic reasoning here on this forum, however, I would like to commend the writers of these following comments for standing out from the crowd:[/size]

When Nigerian political parties imbibe ideology and stick by it then and only then will your first paragraph make a valid point.

Some people/States vote candidates like the case of Imo state. The voted Rochas as governor, you can see what happens at the Senate and house of Representatives level. So the idea of you saying the people gave the party mandatory to lead them is some how faulty.

We all understood what Mr. Doggy did just that his insult to your intelligence is in line with common sense and equality in the house, In line with the Constitution and many people will come to support him including masses.
Out of curiosity, what do you think Mr. Doggy should do if you are in his gucci loafers
Re: NASS Crisis: Supremacy Belongs To The People, Not Party – Dogara by adanny01(m): 1:30pm On Jul 06, 2015
dBard:
Another day, another page in series that the NASS crises has become.
Dogara is right tho.
How can d ideals of a few (party) be held (supreme) above the wishes of D populace
How does party interest supercede national interest and yet we still claim t b a democracy
Dogara might be speaking from d perspective of personal interest/survival BUT he speaks d 'truth'.

Waiting f d next episode sha

Party is supreme only to its members. Correct yourself. Buhari never said what you are saying. Buhari said party is supreme and he said that in a meeting of his party members. What is national interest in election of principal officers and how did APC 's position contravane national interest?

You are right at the end, Dogara speaks out of personal interest, i wish him success in his endeavour.
Re: NASS Crisis: Supremacy Belongs To The People, Not Party – Dogara by cwit85: 2:07pm On Jul 06, 2015
God bless 9ja
Re: NASS Crisis: Supremacy Belongs To The People, Not Party – Dogara by free13: 2:41pm On Jul 06, 2015
Everyday nass......
Re: NASS Crisis: Supremacy Belongs To The People, Not Party – Dogara by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jul 06, 2015
shame to TINUBU, he has succeded in making ndi yoloba the biggest fools in the world. ndi ofe mmanu are stl learners. anyway stl waitin forr my liter for 40naira
Re: NASS Crisis: Supremacy Belongs To The People, Not Party – Dogara by Walelavender(m): 4:46pm On Jul 06, 2015
Sovereignty to the people? Maigida Dogara, what are you talking about? You mean myself and other Nairalanders were involved in choosing the principal officers in the house? How does national interest plays out here? Stop using the people as your defence! That is simply bitting the fingers that fed you. Respect your party's position and if not satisfied decamp to the party of your choice and stop heating up the polity. Stupid and greedy politicians (APC/PDP) always on the prowl. # God save Nigeria
Re: NASS Crisis: Supremacy Belongs To The People, Not Party – Dogara by Lanretoye(m): 7:12pm On Jul 06, 2015
im suspecting this dogara is the shekau we have been looking 4

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Henceforth, Loan Defaults Will Be Settled With Deposits From Other Banks / List Of Panelists At Alaigbo Youth Summit Causes Controversy / Minimum Wage: It’s ₦200,000 Or.. NLC Raises Negotiation Team, Lists Conditions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.