Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,415 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

AA Girl In Love With Naija Guy.... - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / AA Girl In Love With Naija Guy.... (649 Views)

Dating A Girl In Her Early 20's. Experienced And Mature Response Needed. / Nigerian Lady Travels To US For A Break, But Falls In Love With A Lebanese Guy / What Most Girls Do To Catch, Trap & Keep A Naija Guy(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

AA Girl In Love With Naija Guy.... by 1blkeffoe: 9:46pm On Jul 08, 2015
Im in a very hopeless situation, and I dont know which way to turn. I met a Nigerian guy a few months ago, and he was my dreams come true. We are always so happy together. However, his family does not approve of him dating any American. His father is adamant that he marry another Nigerian and my guy is in the middle of it. On one hand, we have fun, but he does not want conflit with his family. He told me we could be friends, but Im wondering if it is worth the effort because I really have strong feelings for him. What are the chances of it blossoming into something longterm? Should I just try to move on or fight?
Re: AA Girl In Love With Naija Guy.... by naijaboiy: 9:47pm On Jul 08, 2015
Are you both in a relationship now or you are just friends?
Re: AA Girl In Love With Naija Guy.... by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jul 08, 2015
Are you sure he feels the same way ? No point fighting if it's going to be futile
Re: AA Girl In Love With Naija Guy.... by XavierBlue(m): 10:02pm On Jul 08, 2015
Okay.

XavierBlue
Re: AA Girl In Love With Naija Guy.... by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jul 08, 2015
I will comment in the fullness of time cool

1 Like

Re: AA Girl In Love With Naija Guy.... by Gurgle(f): 10:11pm On Jul 08, 2015
1blkeffoe:
Im in a very hopeless situation, and I dont know which way to turn. I met a Nigerian guy a few months ago, and he was my dreams come true. We are always so happy together. However, his family does not approve of him dating any American. His father is adamant that he marry another Nigerian and my guy is in the middle of it. On one hand, we have fun, but he does not want conflit with his family. He told me we could be friends, but Im wondering if it is worth the effort because I really have strong feelings for him. What are the chances of it blossoming into something longterm? Should I just try to move on or fight?

is he willing to fight too?

have you actually met his father/ family?

are you familiar and comfortable with Nigerian culture?
Re: AA Girl In Love With Naija Guy.... by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jul 08, 2015
There doesn't seem to be even an iota of effort to 'fight' for you on his part so I wouldn't bother personally, people get into relationships with people they like, standard, not ones dictated by third parties
Re: AA Girl In Love With Naija Guy.... by Rikidony(m): 10:37pm On Jul 08, 2015
Leave that Dude alone
let him obey his parent angry
Re: AA Girl In Love With Naija Guy.... by thorpido(m): 10:47pm On Jul 08, 2015
The most important thing is to be sure if he is fighting for you.Has he tried to talk his parents into accepting you?Has he shown any resolve to go ahead with you.

It's in his hands really.If he doesn't fight,don't waste your time.It won't be worth it afteral.
Re: AA Girl In Love With Naija Guy.... by 1blkeffoe: 4:02pm On Jul 09, 2015
I am not familiar specifically with Nigerians..as he is the first one I have ever dated, but I socialize almost entirely with Africans. I have Ghanian friends and was married to a Cameroonian man. I am very open to learning the culture. I have not met his family as we have only been dating for a few months, and I suspect due to the fact that he already knows that they would not accept me. However he still keep in contact, offers to take me out and come and spend time. This is why Im confused because he is sending mixed messages.
Re: AA Girl In Love With Naija Guy.... by 1blkeffoe: 4:04pm On Jul 09, 2015
Thanks for all the feedback. I plan to move on because you guys are absolutely right.. he has to also fight if he wants it.. being passive to his family is a problem.
Re: AA Girl In Love With Naija Guy.... by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jul 09, 2015
1blkeffoe:
Thanks for all the feedback. I plan to move on because you guys are absolutely right.. he has to also fight if he wants it.. being passive to his family is a problem.

Yes by all means move on. If a man wants you in his life its clear like daylight when they don't you become confused besides he already told you the truth that his family will not accept you anything after this is just you creating a fantasy relationship. I hope friends here does not mean friends with benefit and even if just friends i advise you move on by cutting contact to get over him because you have strong feelings for him staying in contact will keep you hoping he sees the beauty of a relationship with you.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Things You Should Never Do / A Letter To My Girlfriend By Effa Eteng / Share Your Love Story With A Beautiful Wedding Website..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.