Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,475 members, 7,823,104 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

Buhari Rejects #400m Armoured Cars. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Rejects #400m Armoured Cars. (51233 Views)

N255m Armoured Cars: Court Refuses To Stop Oduah’s Arrest / 6 Armoured Cars Arrive Port-Harcourt (Photos) / Ex-Heads Of State Got Armoured Cars From Dasuki - Daily Trust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Rejects #400m Armoured Cars. by nationwide1(m): 6:55am On Jul 10, 2015
Buhari will soon deny this. That's certain.
Re: Buhari Rejects #400m Armoured Cars. by Pearlyakin(m): 6:55am On Jul 10, 2015
Moniya
Re: Buhari Rejects #400m Armoured Cars. by wisdomiskey(m): 6:55am On Jul 10, 2015
merry02:
Cheap propaganda!

Uncle jonA's defeat
still dey pain you abi angry

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Rejects #400m Armoured Cars. by akanoye15: 6:56am On Jul 10, 2015
come dollapo stop all this stunt, time is going oooo and please after your trip to the United state of gays, rest small.
Re: Buhari Rejects #400m Armoured Cars. by swaggprofessor(m): 6:57am On Jul 10, 2015
how una take dey rush Frontpage self
Re: Buhari Rejects #400m Armoured Cars. by Captainswag225(m): 6:57am On Jul 10, 2015
it still doesnt make 1 naira equal to 1 dollar. #baba know nothing.
Re: Buhari Rejects #400m Armoured Cars. by buzquet(m): 6:58am On Jul 10, 2015
Jonathan fans will b lyk, dis man is too local

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Rejects #400m Armoured Cars. by Nobody: 6:58am On Jul 10, 2015
Captainswag225:
it still doesnt make 1 naira equal to 1 dollar. #baba know nothing.
I hope they won't deny this report again.
Re: Buhari Rejects #400m Armoured Cars. by papparatzzi2013: 6:59am On Jul 10, 2015
I did not waste my vote.

Wailing wailers over to you and your dumb and blind diarrhoeic buccal noise without sense.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Rejects #400m Armoured Cars. by Flets: 7:00am On Jul 10, 2015
Rubbish propaganda$

Why should this make news? Does Buhari want to sing his own praises?

How does that help the fast crashing naira?
How dooes that stop bokoharam?
How does that bring back Chibok girls?

Infact, what is the essence of this piece of news?

Answer: Propaganda in the face of no activity.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Rejects #400m Armoured Cars. by AreaFada2: 7:02am On Jul 10, 2015
merry02:
na today?this is a cheap propaganda for a cheap recognition!presidency says yes today nd says No tomorrow!Nigerian need good news nt pictures,not someone going to mosque to pray et al...we need a reasonable development pls!
Abi o, at least they are not saying that GEJ sold all the cars before he left to spite GMB. Civil servants make recommendations everyday. In light of Boko activities, civil servants need to cover their backs by making recommendations.
Re: Buhari Rejects #400m Armoured Cars. by fiisms: 7:03am On Jul 10, 2015
wow

Re: Buhari Rejects #400m Armoured Cars. by Captainswag225(m): 7:04am On Jul 10, 2015
gensteejay:

I hope they won't deny this report again.
it wont surprise me if they do because lying is their profession.
Re: Buhari Rejects #400m Armoured Cars. by papoose999(m): 7:05am On Jul 10, 2015
scam...anoda propaganda we re tired of hearin ds shit everytym pls sir dullard buhari just give us d change u promise nigerians
Re: Buhari Rejects #400m Armoured Cars. by nationwide1(m): 7:05am On Jul 10, 2015
FastShipping:

Sorry TANoid grin grin

Here is source with name of the Permanent Secretary who was planning to buy 400m naira vehicles for Buhari: http://www.punchng.com/news/buhari-rejects-n400m-armoured-cars/

You don't call anyone TANoid because he / she does not buy your propaganda.

If you're talking source, didn’t the news of Buhari approving the sale of presidential jets carry source which you hyped and it was denied the next day?

Rejecting the cars and approving the construction of helipad. Are they not both capital intensive?
Re: Buhari Rejects #400m Armoured Cars. by Luukasz(m): 7:05am On Jul 10, 2015
Yes in ••(PMB's Voice)•• I am not GEJ the Clueless Weakling,I am a Sagacious Man Of Action & I will serve Nigeria with all my Strength to defend our Unity & uphold our Honour & Glory so help me God...The Change is Here let the SOUR LOSERS keep on Wailing,cos they are the Wailing Wailers.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Rejects #400m Armoured Cars. by jazinogold(m): 7:05am On Jul 10, 2015
The treasury is empty!

why waste money to buy these cars...when I can travel to Germany to tell the Germany President to give me!

#
Re: Buhari Rejects #400m Armoured Cars. by fineyemi(m): 7:05am On Jul 10, 2015
merry02:
na today?this is a cheap propaganda for a cheap recognition!presidency says yes today nd says No tomorrow!Nigerian need good news nt pictures,not someone going to mosque to pray et al...we need a reasonable development pls!
Relax Oga...
Re: Buhari Rejects #400m Armoured Cars. by donJ2(m): 7:05am On Jul 10, 2015
What are they saying about this N236-$1 sef, this thing dy dull my hustle dye..

For the N400m cars, dt one noo consign m, for me jst make $1-N150, and give me 12hrs light I wont ask FG for anything again...

1 Like

Re: Buhari Rejects #400m Armoured Cars. by pallybrown(m): 7:06am On Jul 10, 2015
so what ?
Re: Buhari Rejects #400m Armoured Cars. by seedorfg(m): 7:06am On Jul 10, 2015
If you believe buhari is not a dullard click like if you believe other way click share

1 Like

Re: Buhari Rejects #400m Armoured Cars. by owobokiri(m): 7:06am On Jul 10, 2015
Another cooked up story. The same way they said he sold off the presidential jets yet the man refused to sell any. Some people are busy in their Lagos media offices creating a messianic image of a ruler who seem totally aloof to whatever that is happening around him.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Rejects #400m Armoured Cars. by luthorcorp: 7:06am On Jul 10, 2015
merry02:
you know your problem? your problem is that you don't have any brains to solve any problems whether yours or another's an would rather stick you chuming big head where it doesn't bellong,better get a job and quit being a TANdroid

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Rejects #400m Armoured Cars. by Positiveminds(m): 7:07am On Jul 10, 2015
MKO4ever:
If the president could reject this kind of offer, tell me how someone will spend N250m (of government money oo) to buy car for herself and will not be jailed. Shame on GEJ

slowpoke, ISN'T IT EASY ENOUGH TO KNOW THIS IS MERE PROPAGANDA? ELECTIONS ARE OVER . THEY SHOULD GET DOWN TO WORK
Re: Buhari Rejects #400m Armoured Cars. by papoose999(m): 7:08am On Jul 10, 2015
papparatzzi2013:
I did not waste my vote.

Wailing wailers over to you and your dumb and blind diarrhoeic buccal noise without sense.
u re d one shittin urself bro aw doz ds stupid propaganda solve d problem d country is in shey as e reject d car boko haram go stop chibok gals go cum back...think think think
Re: Buhari Rejects #400m Armoured Cars. by Burger01(m): 7:08am On Jul 10, 2015
Correct president smiley
Re: Buhari Rejects #400m Armoured Cars. by blackpanda: 7:09am On Jul 10, 2015
merry02:

When has Buhari ever done that? Pls stop spewing rubbish. Must you always be negative and hateful?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Rejects #400m Armoured Cars. by Whylagos: 7:09am On Jul 10, 2015
This is advanced wash wash. There is no way the man would have spent 6 weeks in office before planning to buy his official car.
While he was spending 3 weeks waiting for Aso rock renovation, they did not remember cars

1 Like

Re: Buhari Rejects #400m Armoured Cars. by Nobody: 7:09am On Jul 10, 2015
Who is deceiving who? APC is a party built on lies and deceit,this is a cheap propaganda. I know your politicians and they live large...

1 Like

Re: Buhari Rejects #400m Armoured Cars. by felifeli: 7:09am On Jul 10, 2015
lakzy:
President Muhammadu Buhari has turned down an offer by the Federal Government to procure five new armoured Mercedes Benz S-600 (V222) cars for his use.

The cars which total cost is put at about N400m were planned to be purchased by the State House.

A Presidency source told journalists on Thursday that Buhari got to know of the plan when the Permanent Secretary, State House, Mr. Nebolisa Emodi, was briefing him of his ministry’s activities on Wednesday.
ADVERTISEMENT

Miffed by the revelation, the President was said to have told Emodi that the purchase was unnecessary.

Describing it as a waste of scarce resources, the source said Buhari told the permanent secretary that the cars he inherited from former President Goodluck Jonathan were good enough for him.

“I don’t need any new cars. The ones I am using now are just fine,” the source quoted the President as saying.

The top government officials, however, said Buhari welcomed other initiatives presented by the permanent secretary to reduce the operating costs of the State House and strengthen its Finance and Accounts Internal Control Mechanisms.

He however directed that more efforts be made henceforth to capture all State House expenses within the approved national budget.

This, he said, was to avoid the frequent recourse by past administrations to “Presidential intervention funds.”

The Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Mallam Garba Shehu, confirmed to our correspondent that Buhari had withheld approval for the purchase of the new cars.

Shehu said the President would continue to use the cars left behind by Jonathan in keeping with his commitment to prudent management of national resources.

Our correspondent learnt that the proposal to procure the new cars was first made to Jonathan before he left office.

The former President was however said to have directed that it be represented to Buhari for approval on his assumption of office since the cars could only be delivered some months after the May 29 handover date.

So why did he have to publicize this?
Re: Buhari Rejects #400m Armoured Cars. by papoose999(m): 7:09am On Jul 10, 2015
nationwide1:

You don't call anyone TANoid because he / she does not buy your propaganda.

If you're talking source, didn’t the news of Buhari approving the sale of presidential jets carry source which you hyped and it was denied the next day?

Rejecting the cars and approving the construction of helipad. Are they not both capital intensive?
God bless u

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ademola Adeleke: Biography, Age, Wife, Children Senator & Governorship Candidate / Troops Kill Modu Kennami, ISWAP One-Eyed Commander / "Sylvanus Nsofor, Ambassadorial Nominee Too Old" U.S Tells Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.