Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,373 members, 7,836,510 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:09 AM

Nigeria Still Has A Date With Truth! - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Still Has A Date With Truth! (12641 Views)

Yoruba Youths Warn Northerners: Stop Being Economical With Truth, R / Patience And Goodluck Jonathan On A Date In New Jersey / Is Nigeria Still Towing The Path Of Democracy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Still Has A Date With Truth! by HopeAtHand: 6:57pm On Jul 11, 2015
atlwireles:
[s][/s]

CONGENITAL LIAR KEEP IT UP.

grin grin grin grin

Eguono
Re: Nigeria Still Has A Date With Truth! by trillville(m): 7:33pm On Jul 11, 2015
I have a suggestion. What if the ND advocates for a repeal of the land use act which placed all resources under the authority of the government.

If this law is repealed, all oil wells will naturally be owned by the community in which there are located of people within the community there are located. That is, T.Y Danjuma and Alakija will no longer own mining licenses all all such licenses will exclusively belong to people from the Niger delta. Taxes can then be paid to the federal government just as ty Danjuma and Alakija are paying now or new tax rates can be negotiated.

This will be much easier to achieve because a majority of Nigerians will support this once proper enlightenment is achieved. Also people in other states whom have resources on their lands will also be encourage to utilise their resources because they know the federal government will not come and seize their lands and give it to a crony.

Two Niger Deltans have already supported my view on the impracticality of true federalism in terms of it leading to chaos rather than progress. Even dearpreye seems to be talking about a divided country today. The white man wants more trade partners and a larger market to enable his people to get richer and progress, we should think like the white man. Bigger in the case is better dearpreye.

I am in love with a girl that's your namesake by the way. May be that's why I am interested in your people's struggle.
Re: Nigeria Still Has A Date With Truth! by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jul 11, 2015
trillville:
I have a suggestion. What if the ND advocates for a repeal of the land use act which placed all resources under the authority of the government.

If this law is repealed, all oil wells will naturally be owned by the community in which there are located of people within the community there are located. That is, T.Y Danjuma and Alakija will no longer own mining licenses all all such licenses will exclusively belong to people from the Niger delta. Taxes can then be paid to the federal government just as ty Danjuma and Alakija are paying now or new tax rates can be negotiated.

This will be much easier to achieve because a majority of Nigerians will support this once proper enlightenment is achieved. Also people in other states whom have resources on their lands will also be encourage to utilise their resources because they know the federal government will not come and seize their lands and give it to a crony.

Two Niger Deltans have already supported my view on the impracticality of true federalism in terms of it leading to chaos rather than progress. Even dearpreye seems to be talking about a divided country today. The white man wants more trade partners and a larger market to enable his people to get richer and progress, we should think like the white man. Bigger in the case is better dearpreye.

I am in love with a girl that's your namesake by the way. May be that's why I am interested in your people's struggle.

I'm not in the mood now! I'm still in support of anything that shall be done to do keep us one as long as it guarantees people having the greater say in the management of their resources.

The Whites whom you claim will love to see us remain one big nation for their own benefit won't hesitate to separate if they've found themselves in this current situation. There are certain things you just don't sacrifice. The current system is a threat to the progress of my unborn generation and you're here talking about a white man's economic convenience! No lemme vex for you ooo!!!

Abeg take care of my sister......

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Still Has A Date With Truth! by atlwireles: 7:52pm On Jul 11, 2015
trillville:

I hope you saw the love the germans showed the greeks, just because of money.
Re: Nigeria Still Has A Date With Truth! by trillville(m): 8:07pm On Jul 11, 2015
atlwireles:

I hope you saw the love the germans showed the greeks, just because of money.

No dey joke like this oh. My elder brother don already marry onitsha girl. My sister self marry Edo man. So nothing spoil if rivers girl dey carry my head dey turn me like small boy. Leave me make I dey do my love dey go.
Re: Nigeria Still Has A Date With Truth! by luckiestman(m): 11:58pm On Jul 11, 2015
trillville:

Yes. The very same way.

Fashola was wrong deporting igbo's from Lagos. It must also be noted that the majority of people in Lagos are Yorubas and they have their own specific culture. To live in peace in any society, you must act accordingly with the prevailing culture. Igbos tend to fail in this aspect.

which culture? kiss
trillville:

Yes. The very same way.

Fashola was wrong deporting igbo's from Lagos. It must also be noted that the majority of people in Lagos are Yorubas and they have their own specific culture. To live in peace in any society, you must act accordingly with the prevailing culture. Igbos tend to fail in this aspect.

which culture?
Re: Nigeria Still Has A Date With Truth! by luckiestman(m): 12:16am On Jul 12, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
imagine a state governor that the state police answers to? Removing immunity will not curb corruption but it ll go a long way to be a check on their recklessness

my thought! we should practice fiscal federalism, but let us establish a law dat gives d common man an arsenal 2 unseat a leader at any given time he/she derailed towards d promise land. #thevoiceofthemasses. hw do guys view it?

my trust is so precious 2 me 2 give it out 2 bloody politicians. just saying my church mind!
Re: Nigeria Still Has A Date With Truth! by luckiestman(m): 12:18am On Jul 12, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
imagine a state governor that the state police answers to? Removing immunity will not curb corruption but it ll go a long way to be a check on their recklessness

my thought! we should practice fiscal federalism, but let us establish a law dat gives d common man an arsenal 2 unseat a leader at any given time he/she derailed towards d promise land. #thevoiceofthemasses. hw do guys view it?

my trust is so precious 2 me 2 give it out 2 bloody politicians. just saying my church mind!
luckiestman:

which culture? kiss
which culture?
ECOTERRORS:

Re: Nigeria Still Has A Date With Truth! by Kolade354(m): 12:31am On Jul 12, 2015
dearpreye:

It's not difficult to know. Most of these folks never had personal vision and convictions before they dabbled into politics. They never had any beliefs.

They know our problems and the attendant solutions but their inability to see tomorrow aand plan ahead - something most blacks find hard to do, have refused to solve our problems.
You're too good, with the way you analyse everything........Henceforth I must not see you arguing about Pdp and Apc on this forum again......It is obvious bth parties has Zero Ideology........Continue to preach 'True Federalism'.......God Bless you sir!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Still Has A Date With Truth! by Eastlink(m): 11:15pm On Jul 12, 2015
What unites our ex-Presidents, Governor's, Ministers, and both Federal and State Legislators other than Oil? What unites our greedy oil blocks oligarchs from the Saharan hemisphere if not oil?
The truths is that what binds this country and our fragile unity is not for the love we claim to have for ourselves, nor for the love we have for the national teams when on duty but because every region sees the black curse as a means to an end. Even if a visionary leader implements an agricultural revolution in our country today and makes Cocoa, Groundnut and Palm Oil our major foreign export, the man from Osun, Sokoto, Ebonyi et al will still have their eyes fixed on our oil. Until we make the Nigerian state concede to our agitation for a Confederate system where every unit controls it resources (just like Texas and others in the US) our plundered lands and oil will never stop being cash cows to those who seek to Go On With One Nigeria just because of what they gain from us.
Re: Nigeria Still Has A Date With Truth! by mikolo80: 5:24pm On May 14, 2016
trillville:

Mogidi, I do not want ur trouble this night. My apologies to the Igbos for my careless post.

What I would truly love for us to do is come up with suggestions to increase the general productivity of Nigeria. We would not be having any conversation on true federalism if there was no mass poverty in the land.
So how do we reduce the poverty in Nigeria. How do we move from primary industries to value added manufacturing?

Is it not a shame that after 40 years of oil exploration, we still have to give 40 percent of our revenue from crude oil with multinationals because we lack the technical know how. Nigerians are smart people. What is wrong with us?

Take cocoa for example, Europeans cannot live without chocolate. Can't we form a cartel with other cocoa producing countries and force companies that produce chocolate to open factories in our countries?

I see no strength in a divided Nigeria. We are blessed beyond our understanding but for the failure of our leaders.

When I hear talk of resource control and true federalism, all that comes to my mind is greedy Niger Deltans who ignorantly do not know what the true cause of their problems are.

Today, I have realised that fiscal federalism can be used to change our current system with a hope of increasing accountability of our leaders. This is a good reason. Will it work? No one knows.

lamenters like you should go into politics and change it from within (Robin Hood style) or, or gada 1 million ppl to contribute 1 1,10 10 ,100 100,1 1000 etc to plant plenty plenty Palm oyel, cocoa, rice, wheat sugar and then build industrial parks (with off grid turbines) to process all the above and more (building materials, electronic Assembly, heck even acquire ajaokuta and develop our steel industry) all the while providing jobs and replacing looters with your own politicians
Re: Nigeria Still Has A Date With Truth! by mikolo80: 5:27pm On May 14, 2016
trillville:

I am Nigerian and my region is the whole country. Do you know how oil got deposited in the Niger delta region? Do you know how oil is even created? What makes you claim that the crude oil solely belongs to Niger Deltans? Don't you think you are also a parasite just trying to rip where you did not sow after all you did absolutely nothing to put oil in the ground.

The problem dull people like you have is that you fail to understand what your own problem is. Your problem is the level of poverty in the Niger delta and Nigeria as a whole. The discussion on this thread is based on how do we solve that problem and not necessarily true federalism per se. I hope I have clarified things a bit for you.
should have asked him whose money (cocoa and groundnut Palm oil) was used to develop the oil fields) [b][/b]now wen food don done den remember federalism
Re: Nigeria Still Has A Date With Truth! by mikolo80: 5:28pm On May 14, 2016
trillville:

If this view you have just written down is the common view of every person in support of true federalism, then there is nothing wrong with this view. My issue is that the poorer States can not be simply left to fend for themselves at this stage while the ND consumes 100 percent of the oil revenue. I am in support of your view.
they wouldn't be 100% they would pay like 15% tax and poor states will tax their ppl and pay salaries to useless Civil servant r accordingly
Re: Nigeria Still Has A Date With Truth! by mikolo80: 5:30pm On May 14, 2016
trillville:

is the oil properly been exploited by the ND? why don't we have refineries? must we sell crude oil? can't we sell petrol and diesel? is the answer every region going on its own or nigeria developing a plan to properly harness its resources? no nigerian is lazy by the way.
Nigerians very lazy, big difference between hard working(deliberate effort) and desperate (no choice)
Re: Nigeria Still Has A Date With Truth! by mikolo80: 5:31pm On May 14, 2016
trillville:

if the niger delta has all the oil wealth and the rest of the country is poor, the general population in the niger delta will still be poor. what creates wealth for the masses is business and what creates the need for business is having a market to sell goods to. why nigeria is a poor country is because our leaders are pennywise and pound foolish. they steal money to create businesses but have no one to use their services. if you've been to Abuja, you'll realise the large number of houses that are empty with no one living in them.

i give up.
if nd has all oil wealth the Rest of the country will get their share by supplying meat onions tomatoes TV cars builders engineers teachers cos they will just become lazy like Dubai and Saudi ppl
Re: Nigeria Still Has A Date With Truth! by mikolo80: 5:33pm On May 14, 2016
trillville:

you are making sense on the aspect of injustice. on the aspect of unity, the rich are united on plundering nigeria. they only divide with issues such as true federalism to confuse while they continue their looting spree.

if your thread was on improving the living conditions and welbeing of Niger deltans, i would have been your loudest supporter. but your thread seems to be about dividing the country i love so much, and i am tired of all this divisive arguments that lead to no good for any of us.

back to the issue of developing the niger delta, are there other ways of developing the niger delta apart from true federalism. would fighting corruption help. would direct intervention such as the building of more refineries and power plants aid in developing the region? would the enforcing all oil companies to move their head quarters to the niger delta aid in improving tax revenue to the states? i am sure there are other ways the ND can be improved on.
Nd govs and other looters should build refineries and plant Palm oil
Re: Nigeria Still Has A Date With Truth! by mikolo80: 5:35pm On May 14, 2016
trillville:

if the niger delta has all the oil wealth and the rest of the country is poor, the general population in the niger delta will still be poor. what creates wealth for the masses is business and what creates the need for business is having a market to sell goods to. why nigeria is a poor country is because our leaders are pennywise and pound foolish. they steal money to create businesses but have no one to use their services. if you've been to Abuja, you'll realise the large number of houses that are empty with no one living in them.

i give up.
BTW oyel only 12% of GDP under gej so the rest of the country will be just fine. Agric 30 to 50%
Re: Nigeria Still Has A Date With Truth! by mikolo80: 5:35pm On May 14, 2016
trillville:

i give up.
BTW oyel only 12% of GDP under gej so the rest of the country will be just fine. Agric 30 to 50%
Re: Nigeria Still Has A Date With Truth! by mikolo80: 5:36pm On May 14, 2016
trillville:

this is not about dragging anything. nigeria is a country, we all use one currency. for businesses to succeed, the general population needs to be economically empowered. my direct question is how is true federalism going to reduce poverty in the north. all this talk of true federalism is based on greed and greed that is based on foolishness. dangote lost how much as a result of the recent fall in the value of the naira. so far the ND still sticks with the naira after true federalism, majority of their people will still be poor. this is the point i am trying to get across.

warren buffett is rich because the united states is rich. you heard dangote saying the other day that he does not have a house anywhere else but nigeria, why do you think that is? if more nigerians can afford to build houses, don't you realise that will make him richer.

why do you think western europe decided to use a unified currency (euro). why do you think china is becoming the largest economy in the world today, why do you think america has the largest economy on earth? because these countries have a market for their finished goods. this countries have populations that have the population to purchase their finished goods.

true federalism will only concentrate money in a few hands and nothing else. if the rest of the country is poor, who will the niger deltans produce goods to sell to. how will the economy of the niger delta grow.

i have had conversations with people from saudi arabia and kuwait. this are rich people but they privately complain about the situation in their country. they want to live in europe just like the rest of us. is this what you want for the niger delta?
actually true federalism will distribute the money down to local gwament instead of just Abuja
Re: Nigeria Still Has A Date With Truth! by mikolo80: 5:38pm On May 14, 2016
trillville:

so why are you talking about true federalism rather than industrialisation. what country on earth has used true federalism as a means for industrialisation.

can't you see that is idea of true federalism only acts to divide nigerians as a people? what you should be doing is opening threads on issues that are preventing our industrial revolution and then seeking for contributions on how we can collectively go about building our nation.

i failed to notice that you said true federalism will solve a lot of our problems. my issue is how does in solve our issues. think of nigeria as a country and not just the ND. how would it force other people to make use of their resources.
competition.. if Lagos builds power plant other states will be ''forced '' to emulate.look at airport and mall building spree
Re: Nigeria Still Has A Date With Truth! by mikolo80: 5:40pm On May 14, 2016
trillville:

i am not angry, i am just a bit tired of reading simple solutions to problems that are much bigger. we need to develope frameworks that will get our people out of the poverty the country is in. we do not need to be fighting amongst ourselves on resources that if properly managed will not just serve us but also our unborn grand kids.
sorry bro but tis the nature of the beast to fight over mundane things. up to the thinkers to harness this and manipulate the system to our collective advantage. all this grammar won't
Re: Nigeria Still Has A Date With Truth! by trillville(m): 6:23pm On May 14, 2016
mikolo80:
competition.. if Lagos builds power plant other states will be ''forced '' to emulate.look at airport and mall building spree

Where is the money to compete. If kano stops receiving oil money how will it compete with the ND. how would Kano even feed its citizens?

Should we be competing against each other or working together to compete against other countries. We all use the naira. If one part of the country goes down economically and the value of the naira drops, all regions of the country suffer together.

Pls stop regurgitating fables told by failed past leaders. Think through your arguments properly.
Re: Nigeria Still Has A Date With Truth! by trillville(m): 6:25pm On May 14, 2016
mikolo80:
actually true federalism will distribute the money down to local gwament instead of just Abuja

How will gaya local government in Kano benefit from true federalism?
Re: Nigeria Still Has A Date With Truth! by trillville(m): 6:33pm On May 14, 2016
mikolo80:

Why is the whole country collapsing due to the fall in crude oil prices?

GDP = C + I + GS + NE.

If you can breakdown the percentage of consumption, investments, government spending and net export in our GDP and also state the source of funds for each of these components, your argument that oil contributes only 12% of our GDP will make more sense.
Re: Nigeria Still Has A Date With Truth! by mikolo80: 6:57pm On May 14, 2016
trillville:

Why is the whole country collapsing due to the fall in crude oil prices?

GDP = C + I + GS + NE.

If you can breakdown the percentage of consumption, investments, government spending and net export in our GDP and also state the source of funds for each of these components, your argument that oil contributes only 12% of our GDP will make more sense.
na Wetin Sanusi talk o and even doing the math most of our consumption is garri gwament spends 4 to 5 trillion out of 80 trillion economy export is negligible if not it would have been less
Re: Nigeria Still Has A Date With Truth! by mikolo80: 7:00pm On May 14, 2016
trillville:

Where is the money to compete. If kano stops receiving oil money how will it compete with the ND. how would Kano even feed its citizens?

Should we be competing against each other or working together to compete against other countries. We all use the naira. If one part of the country goes down economically and the value of the naira drops, all regions of the country suffer together.

Pls stop regurgitating fables told by failed past leaders. Think through your arguments properly.
Kano farmers and not govt feeds themselves. for civil servants and infrastructure she will tax her onion beansand tomato farmersand cow importers (sadly we don't produce our own beef) trust me they will sit up. it's only Civil servants that will be sacked(as you have been advocating) or politicians that will not see money to steal(which will bring serious ppl into govt) ..I do not regurgitate. I research and find out for myself. so long as Nd part of the country we will still feel it's impact. cos they will import everything from us and will spend anyhow
Re: Nigeria Still Has A Date With Truth! by mikolo80: 7:02pm On May 14, 2016
trillville:

How will gaya local government in Kano benefit from true federalism?
more money allocated to local gwament (OK OK OK that's actually fiscal federalism.) so he cannot lie on Abuja anymore or his ppl will Lynch him
Re: Nigeria Still Has A Date With Truth! by ogmask: 7:14pm On May 14, 2016
There's nothing like true federalism. It's either federalism or not.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

2019: Don’t Seek Re-election, Sowore Tells Buhari / Uzodimma: APGA Is Like Keke NAPEP, It Can’t Take Igbos Far In Getting Presidency / Shame On Nigerian Police - All Because Of 50 Naira Bribe They Want To Die

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.