Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,740 members, 7,809,832 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:40 PM

Mazi Uchenna's 120 Lessons On Becoming Wealthy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mazi Uchenna's 120 Lessons On Becoming Wealthy (2801 Views)

Mazi Nnamdi KANU Seen Bowing Down To A Statue...picture / Mazi Kalu Died This Morning PICS / Uchenna Mmadu Visits Nnamdi Kanu At His Residence In Abia. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mazi Uchenna's 120 Lessons On Becoming Wealthy by Ofodirinwa: 3:48pm On Jul 11, 2015
A few years ago I had the distinction of speaking, on his last days, the premier great men of my kindred. With great honor, and was blessed with 120 lessons on how to become wealth by the great Chief Mazi Uchenna, the last of the wise men.

For those who aren't familiar with his legend, Mazi Uchenna was able to build a palace stocked with every imaginable fish of the sea, bird of the air and beast of the brush. His temple spanned an area that mocked horizon it's self. This sun rose and set over this mountain of a palace and for it's ceiling the sky saved space. He kept planes for air, cars for road, and boats for oceans. His glass filled with drink unrecognizable to the men of his kindred, his plate with foods unpronounceable to many more. He kept a garden wrapped in a gate of iron who's surface the sun never touched, which was could have been the home of a tribe of men! These were more than legend, because as I venture up heights of stair well to seek this man's wisdom, I saw an opulence I will never share to spare my good name of question.

I spoke to Mazi Uchenna on the 27 of August 1994, and after some time began recording these lessons so that my children, and their children will use the was tools I used to become wealthy in my time, hone through the experience of his time, to expand their destinies in their time and these are the things he told me...

1 Like

Re: Mazi Uchenna's 120 Lessons On Becoming Wealthy by Ofodirinwa: 4:37pm On Jul 11, 2015
Spend for Success, Not to Impress

"...I've seen a great many of young men, young men your age...fall for the idea that one must know you've arrived. To let others know they're great, they seek to buy the clothes that great men wear, at the price that great men spend. They may spend their first windfall on a vehicle that will squeeze praise from the pulp of nonbelievers. They young men I see today are a vengeful bunch. They wish to quickly acquire wealth, so to quickly flaunt wealth, and avenge the feeling of being small and insignificant that they felt as young men in the presence of the wealth. Their poverty brought them a great shame and for that reason they're vengeful.

I Mazi Uchenna will tell you that this virus of the destiny did not start today. No. I too had to fight the temptation of using my wealth to demand respect; for I saw many traders before me carry this mentality into their graves forgotten, poor and bewildered. I saw over one million fortunes crash in a matter of days due to myopic and inferior thought. My father taught me this. Today has one moon to it's name while tomorrow's moons are countless. Fight the virus of being great under today's moon, to assure that you're great under countless others. Follow these instructions.

A poor man knows how he's going to spend his money before he receives it. He covets items he can not have, women that look down on him, and materials. Millions and millions of materials. He knows them before he can buy these things. Don't be a poor man. He acquires money because he feels inferior without it, and because of the preset of inferiority, he's willing to spend it irresponsibly to feel the vanity of greatness. A poor man is a man that feels inferior. His destiny is like a net. If you poor two thousand beads of gold and shells of cowrie on it, such a fortune won't hold. He's like a bucket with a hole, desperate to retain water. He buys not for himself, or his children, but for those looking at him and his children. He spends to maintain the image of wealth, as oppose to nourishing it's longevity. He's a consumer, eating, devouring, burning and taking his hard earned wealth to give to others. He doesn't know not 1 of the 120 lessons nor is he concerned. He feel currency and what it acquires is greatness, while the great men of history are seldom wealthy. Will his hungry children inherit vanity? Can they continue a dead business with his cars and clothes? Is greatness not manly and vanity feminine? A poor man feels inferior, and this feeling is a virus terminal to a man's destiny.

A wealthy man buys what will make him wealthier. He puts two seeds into the well that will produce four seeds while the inferior man will eat those two seeds for their sweetness. He can not throw his destiny into a car that will rot with time, a shirt that will fade with age or a woman that will run when they're all gone. A wealthy man will buy land to tax rent from users. To build a shop. To farm. To build a factory. A wealth man wears simple clothes when his means are simple though he never means to be simple. A wealthy man builds with his wealth like a fortress, while others consume it like soup. When men are foolish enough to spend their short fortunes on shoes, the wealth man buys the machine needed to produce those shoes. When men are foolish enough to spend their short fortunes on cars, the wealth man sell cars on his plot of land. When men are foolish enough to sell, the wealth man provides the bed. In this way the wealthy man is a master and the foolish man to be mastered. In this way the wealthy man is like a shepherd of foolish men, while foolish men themselves are like goats. Consuming, eating, concerning their efforts on today's meal, little else.

Why then should a wealthy man spend today to impress the foolish man, even when the foolish man is in the majority and the wealthy man in minority? If the foolish man praises cars and clothes, why should the wealthy man burn his wealth to adorn these things. Does this not make the foolish man a master? Be a master of foolish men. Don't be a fool with your wealth to sooth an inferior feeling. This present day is over in the next 24 hours, while the future in infinite. Live in the future. Invest in your future. Be a master of today, and wealthy tomorrow. If foolish men mock your name today is it not because they're foolish and have no tomorrow? If foolish men demand you show them your wealth, remember that the shepherd doesn't listen to the sheep. Bless today that which will bless you tomorrow and your fortune will far outlive mine....."

follow me on twitter: @ofodirinwa

4 Likes

Re: Mazi Uchenna's 120 Lessons On Becoming Wealthy by Ofodirinwa: 5:23pm On Jul 11, 2015
Your Time is Your Fortune

"...If one can't maximum his time, one won't maximize his fortune. It's from this small adage that I learned there is no true difference between wealth and time. You can more accurately measure your wealth by how much time you have in your day, than you can with how much money you have to your name. The wealthy wake as free as they are when they lay down for bed that very day. The use of their time is dictated by their mind and their mind alone. They hold no obligations in time that they did not chose, and chose no obligations that do not maximize their time. By this, wise men taught me when I was young, that wealth is freedom, not money, and there is no real freedom other than freedom of time.

A wealthy man wakes earlier than others. He in fact seeks ways to add time to his day as he seeks ventures to add fortune to his pocket. It's seen that in every kindred, those that wake the earliest and sleep the latest, achieve the greatest. To the wealthy man, every minute is money, and it's best shown in my growth as a wealthy man.

At a young age, your age, I would raise before the rooster. I would have my daily duties done by the sound of the rooster because all menial chores should take no more than an hour of God's time. How are things done so quickly? Though being organized. I know what I must do in the morning by the time I lay my head down at night. I wake with those tasks in mind and I finish them before the arrival of the sun. My shop was open and I was ready for business before my peers had wiped the crust from their eyes. My farm was tended to before the sun considered raising, and my home was orderly before the moon considered passing.

How is time wealth? Because building wealth takes time. The wealthy man raises four hours before the foolish man, because in numbers, it allows the wealthy man to do in five days what it takes the foolish man six to do. For there he add fives extra days to his money and 60 extra days to his year. So in this way the wealthy man treats his time like his money and his money like his time. The more time he has, the more he gets done. The more he gets done, the more he can do. As your time builds your wealth builds. Organized time as well spent as organized money. If time is used wisely it saves and creates more time as wealth used wisely saves and creates more wealth. Does the wise man not expand his wealth with the days? Every well then, expand your time as such. Do what takes a day before the day and you will master your time.

What is to be gained from waking early if not the fortitude needed to build your wealth. The early awoken does what is difficult. The first thing he does is defeat the challenge of raising out of bed and from there he meets his day with the fortitude, energy, and pride of a conqueror. A man who drags out of bed sliders through his day with the sloth of the conquered. How can the conquered be a master of his time and thereafter his wealth?

No other lesson is possible to follow if one doesn't raise out of bed early. Conquer your morning before anything else. Learn to lust the challenge because from there comes victory. Waking is the simplest work you will do all day and if this can't be conquered, you will live life as a poor man! Let the multitudes wake to witness your feats completed. Stand ready to embrace them. Those who wake before you take before you; remember this and your fortune will be greater than mine....."

follow me on twitter: @ofodirinwa

2 Likes

Re: Mazi Uchenna's 120 Lessons On Becoming Wealthy by emeuzo(m): 5:53pm On Jul 11, 2015
Nice
Re: Mazi Uchenna's 120 Lessons On Becoming Wealthy by LoveMachine(m): 6:09pm On Jul 11, 2015
Wooooo! Gems and jewels are being dropped like crazy in here!! Im saving these so I can compile them into a pdf. Op this is top shelf wisdom literature. I haven't read anything like this since "Maxims of Ptah Hotep."
Re: Mazi Uchenna's 120 Lessons On Becoming Wealthy by asha80(m): 6:51pm On Jul 11, 2015
Where is this mazi Uchenna now?
Re: Mazi Uchenna's 120 Lessons On Becoming Wealthy by Ofodirinwa: 7:21pm On Jul 11, 2015
A hustle is not a business, and a business is not a hustle.

".....A young man such as yourself asked me to how he can bless his hustle. I responded as I always do to that unfortunate word by letting him know that he should leave his hustle and enter his business. A wise few know the difference between a hustle and a business. Many with hustler's acumen believe their have business acumen. Many with business acumen believe they're hustlers. Is a business superior to a hustle? Not at all, as the hustle is not superior to a business, but it should be known before God and man that they're not at all the same thing.

A hustle is an activity. I can be a service, the sale or creation of a product, tending to a farm; an activity. The hustle is the activity intended to make you money. When I enter the market to hustle, i'm there to turn my wares into currency. Who deceived is the poor man's lust for currency. The poor man will chase currency as the insect of flight will chase the glowing blub that fires him. A poor man will chase currency into the sun to reach hell if given a chance. A poor man believe currency is wealth, and so a poor man hustles for currency.

When you hustle your intention is to turn your hustle into currency. To use your hustle to generate currency. A foolish man once went to the market with his last four tubers of yam, and sold them for currency. He went back to the market, eat the currency from two tubers, and used the other two tubers to buy two more yams. After planting those two he returned to the market with more yams than before and sold them. One day either nature of the devil himself took the nourishing power for the soil away from him, and the spared his farm the blessing for rain for two whole years. This man, who hustled for his daily bread watching his blow into the wind like the dust of his once prosperous farm.

In this parable we were taught that a hustle can bring wealth. A hustle can sustain a lifestyle, and a hustle can be sweet. Yet we see the story of a foolish man. Because God will be God, and Nature with be Nature, and in this Man must be Man. Knowing that rains are not constant, the hustler continued planting and waiting for the rains. Knowing that soil can deplete the man kept planting and hoping for the best. Outside of the hustle, there's a business. a hustle is an activity, while a business is a system. A system designed to expand naturally. A system most importantly designed to sustain it's self without or without you committing to this activity. A hustler in yam will sell his yams and find his meal among the proceeds. A business man in yams will start a second farm with the proceeds of his activity in case Nature be Nature, and God be God.

A businessman is honest, not because he is naturally noble, but because a customer that deal with an honest man returns to that honest man. A hustler is dishonest because he want's the most possible currency today A business man is honest because he wants to receive the currency he received today again tomorrow. He the business man knows that if you enjoy your yam, tomorrow you will return when your hunger replenishes. A hustler can be honest, because he himself is of an honest nature, but a business man is honest regardless of his nature because he is building a system that will enrich him for days to come. So this is the difference in the nature of the hustler and the business man. The hustler is honest or dishonest according to his nature. A business man is honest or dishonest according to his strategy. Isn't this madness on the part of the hustler? Did nature not destroy the hustle of the hustler? Why does the hustler always find himself subject to the whims of nature? Because he is not a master of himself nor his destiny.

If he were master of his destiny we wouldn't wish to hustle. A hustler wants to get currency now, and if one's mind is in the present, it's taken off the future. It's from there that the hustler loses his focus on his mastery. A mastery promised to him by God. If one refuses mastery is he not opposing God first? Should be be surprised when the soil ceases to nourish, or the rains cease to pour? Did he not allow Nature to master him as a hustler? When a business man, a wealthy man, encounters a customer, he's seldom concerned with what he can get from that customer at the moment. The wealthy man is concerned about what he will get from that customer in the future. Will his business be so superior to others that that customer brings four more friends and kin from recommendation? Will they be so happy about their encounter with the business man that they wish to repeat that again. If a man buys a yam from you today will he not be hungry tomorrow? Did you make him want to come back tomorrow or did you take everything you could from him today? Did I not offer my goods to my customers without charge as a young man? Did I not tend to their needs and furnish their wives with gifts as a boy? Did these methods not make me a wealthy man?

A hustle is an activity. While an activity can make you wealthy, your wealth with betray you once you can no longer perform that activity. A business is a system. It will bring you wealth while you rest, while you sleep and while you play. If you perform your activity, you will earn, if you turn away from your activity you will earn. As I lay on this bed is my wealth not expanding? This is because I have developed a system. You came to speak to me because of my good name, and this good name is a part of my system. I spend my money on things that will make me more money, and these machines and properties a part of my system. I treat those that buy to me with kindness, and this is a part of my system. I treat those I buy from with respect, and this is a part of my system. When market is bad I can buy from my partners at a cheaper price, and sell from my customers at a higher price because they love me, and I love them. Is this not the way of a wealthy man?

Do I enter the market looking for my next meal. Of course not. I have planned by meal today, tomorrow, and an infinite amount of days because this is my system. I treat those that work for me while I rest with the respect they need. I teach them that they too are masters and treat them accordingly. I bestow them with wisdom, and pay them handsomely for their help. When I fall ill, they take charge. When I'm struggling, they save the day. When I'm unsure they provide answers. This is mastery. My world is a system that makes me life better.

I never said, let me short them of their pay to increase my currency today, like the hustler. The business man knows that builds resentment, and that resentment will spread to my customers, and that resentment will crush my earnings, and that resentment will hurt their work ethic, and that resentment will assure that I myself have to perform the activity so that I can eat because resentful hands till sands with scorn. This is how I'm trapped in a hustle, no longer a master of my time in the future because i wanted to violate my system today.

Pay your employees their due. Because a system is based on laws while a hustle is based on man. If I have agreed to give you an amount at a set time, I must give that amount at that set time. This is systematic. This is business. A hustler will tell you that you will eat when there's food to eat because he is not a master. A businessman will tell you, we shall eat at 6, and at 6 a meal is before you. Is this not mastery? I need not tell you more about what makes a hustler stay a hustler because you're a wise man. You came to me for wisdom. To use this wisdom to bless your life. For this action alone I know you're not a hustler. But many are unlike you. They sprint when they should run. They wish to eat before they've cooked. They don't know wealth is about mastery. They believe it's about currency. You're not like this. I Mazi Uchenna am not like this. We are business men, and a hustle is not a business. Understand this and your fortune will be greater than mine..."

follow me on twitter @ofodirinwa
Re: Mazi Uchenna's 120 Lessons On Becoming Wealthy by Ofodirinwa: 10:02pm On Jul 11, 2015
Thanks for the support guys, more coming! Follow the thread if you haven't already (subscribe)
Re: Mazi Uchenna's 120 Lessons On Becoming Wealthy by Ofodirinwa: 10:02pm On Jul 11, 2015
LoveMachine:
Wooooo! Gems and jewels are being dropped like crazy in here!! Im saving these so I can compile them into a pdf. Op this is top shelf wisdom literature. I haven't read anything like this since "Maxims of Ptah Hotep."
thanks, have a whole lot more the share. Be sure to follow me on twitter, have fun reading the rest

1 Like

Re: Mazi Uchenna's 120 Lessons On Becoming Wealthy by xmich(m): 10:58pm On Jul 11, 2015
z
Re: Mazi Uchenna's 120 Lessons On Becoming Wealthy by Ofodirinwa: 1:16am On Jul 13, 2015
Envy Creates Poverty

".....A great many men, young and old have allowed their garden to be mangled and crushed by the ever green weed of envy. Envy. Envy is the poor man plant. It propagates where it's not wanted, and though it's growth makes it's behold cringe ridding it from the rotting spirit is can only be done by understanding and attacking the root. For this is what I did at a young age, and thereafter I was blessed with the wealth of the world. Do you too not wish the bounty I have enjoyed? Therefore understand that as I have, and as other have, you too can and will have as well if your garden is clear of weed and your mind fine in focus.

A poor man, the inferior man, is a victim of envy because he believes a lie. The lie the wealth of the world is finite. That he himself can count and contain the wealth of the world. Is the wealth of the world not the wealth of the universe? Is the wealth of the universe not of God? Therefore, is God limited? Does creation rest? Creation is ceaseless, and as creation multiplies and continues so does the wealth of the world.

The poor man covets the six cassava of the wealth man because the poor man believe there is, in all the world, only six cassava. The poor mans spirit foams with a desire to see the ruin of the wealth man so to free these six cassava and give him and change to enjoy what he believes is the bounty of the world. As the weed of envy grows within him, and he nourishes it with his own ignorance, all around the world cassava grows every day in the million. These cassava create more cassava behind them as seeds germinated before them, and such the wealth of the world continues and grows. The wealthy man understand this, and acts accordingly. He does not covet another mans six, because in the universe lie his own six. He learns what is needed to gain his own six, and is not concerned on gaining what has been created but to having access to creation.

Creation is like a stream. The poor man sees you returning with your bucket and sits idle to envy how full it is. He believes that all of the water in the world is in that very bucket, and it's unjust that one person, the wealth man, should have it in his bucket. He will go as far as saying the wealthy man has made his throat thirsty, his skin dry, and his soil dust. His envy will grow to consume his senses until it's cost to sustain in time, effort energy and passion cripple any hopes the poor man has of lifting his self from his rest and filling his own bucket. Are these not the thoughts of a fool? How more pitiful a way to waste a youth can man devise.

The wealthy man, a man of industry, understand that what he bares in his bucket an infinitesimally small scoop of that that stream behind him has to offer. The wealth man does not covet what's in that bucket because he understand there's enough at the source for the flourishing of all generations that sprout from him, let alone his own limited pallet. So as such, reason like the wealthy man, because his thoughts are one with wisdom, and realize the fallacy in the nourishing of jealousy, because it stems from the belief that wealth is limited, or even unattainable. So I say no man will prosper greater than he whom feels envy towards. Which in unfortunate to many because they have limited their fortune to envying the pettiest of tokens; clothes, cars, women, and meals. Save your destiny, save for portion and save that of generations before you and learn that you'll never have more than those you envy.

The poor man feels time is limited, so he longs for the past, rushes through the present, and sees his end in the future. The poor man feels love is limited, so he covets it's jealously and doesn't allow those around him to grow. The poor man feels wealth is limited, so he envies those of bounty. He spends foolishly because he doesn't believe in tomorrow. He speaks foolishly because his outlook is limited, his belief are limited and thereafter is his destiny. Wealth is limitless as are all things from God, because this is the nature of God. Curtail your envy by remembering that what one man has, more awaits you, and generations after you. Seek the stream which belongs to all, and not the bucket that belongs to one. Understand this, and your fortune will be greater than mine...."

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mazi Uchenna's 120 Lessons On Becoming Wealthy by Nobody: 2:30am On Jul 13, 2015
Your words are enriching.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mazi Uchenna's 120 Lessons On Becoming Wealthy by jamaicanoshu(m): 2:37am On Jul 13, 2015
@ OP Seriously (1) You need to turn this into a book like right now! [2] You need to monetize your writing abilities. (3)THE WEALTHY MAN BUYS THINGS THAT MAKE HIM WEALTHIER! I saw this one line and knew that you had some shvit! This reminds me of Rich Dad Poor Dad definition of a Asset: Is anything that puts money in your pocket. A Liability is the exact opposite. Secondly what we spend our money on will determine our wealth. (4)See if you can get a BIBLE or KORAN printed with your lessons attached. Try to convince the governor of your state to make these lessons part of educational program of your state. Show me the cultures that emphasizes financial education or military education/strategic education and i will show you who rules the World! THIS CAN BE THE AFRICAN ANSWER TO THE RICHEST MAN IN BABYLON!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mazi Uchenna's 120 Lessons On Becoming Wealthy by Ofodirinwa: 3:23pm On Jul 16, 2015
The Wealthy Man is a Planter, the Poor Man is a Picker

"....So it is know among those before me that wealth is based on what one plants, not what he picks. In this we learn the relationship of the wealthy man to all things within his garden of living. For not only in business, but in community, to mother and father, to child, to wife, in business and in friendship wealth is born through what a wise man can plant and grow as consistently as a poor man obsesses over what he can take and eat. Has the boiler not mastered the beggar? Why then do we see the earning palm of the beggar as fortune and the sweat of the boiler as toil? In the falls of time tower two streams of thought. That thought of the picker, and the thought of the planter. It is in my youth, from the guidance and nourishment of my elders that I learned the two different and unequal engines to a man's destiny. One on palm sits ruin, while the other bares the seeds of fortune. Be as I before your time and be a planter of wonders and worlds, for you are to be a wealthy ma.

Those who forge their nature to that of the planter are those who understand the seeds of today bring the trees of tomorrow. Those who render themselves as pickers are more concerned with the feed of the stomach than that of the destiny. It is so said that the picker, like the fool, and like the poor man, is the man of today. He is concerned with the gains of the moment and not of life, which are understood by the wise man to be two separate and unequal things. The picker can be spotted by his behaviors, and as I guide you in the manner that I too was guided as a youth, it's key to find the pickers in your life's garden, and remove them. If they can't be removed contain them at an observable, and safe distance from all that will come to make your destiny. Keep them from business, limit friendships with them, and approach them from a position of watchful mastery. Do not marry among them for they are outcasts. Do not spread their lessons to your children for they will be outcast in their own time. For the picker will soon see that you are a planter, and come to reap from your garden whether permitted or unpermitted. For the picker will spread a way of thought that will contaminate your optimism, vision, and fortitude because he preaches a gospel of a life of little effort and immediate gain. His word are unintendedly viral, and soon inevitably fall from your lips in the presence of others. The bad fortune which the picker in his limited outlook as inherited will spread to you and your endeavors. This I say because I was on this earth before you. This I say because I've seen more faces that you. This I say because my elders warned me, and my days have shown me.

It is known in circles of wise men that the picker can be identified as one who's primary concern is gaining not growing. He hasn't sought my wisdom as you have because he will not invest his time and I will not reward his stomach today. He is here when my home is filled with soup music and drink because he can digest these leisures today, but these words are the seeds that bare in years. If he was of a different nature or strong enough to master his current nature he will know that wealth is the business of growth, not gain. For while you grow you will both gain and lose, and if it so happens you lose, your growth will allow you to gain tomorrow. The game of poverty is a game of gain, and this is how.

The planter knows that the fortune of tomorrow comes form what you grow today. When one buys from the planter, he will sell at a fair or even a reduced price and plant the seed of generosity, because gaining today isn't his portion. He will sell of the highest material and quality regardless of the sweat it took to produce it to grow his reputation, because gaining today isn't his portion. He will treat each interaction with great civility and nobility to grow his name in the eyes of his beholders, because gaining today isn't his portion. He encounters all situations with hopes of what will come tomorrow. For he understands this. If you send a boy of today on a journey of 20 years, when he returns he will be bigger than he was yesterday, greater than he was yesterday, wiser than he was yesterday, and more bountiful than he was yesterday. So he as a wise man cherishes the ability to invest in the growth of all things today knowing how bountiful tomorrows return will be.

Thereafter though investing in his good name to those that speak it, in his reputation in those that question it, his quality in those that need it, and his future for himself, the wealth man will be tomorrow greater than he is today, for this is the world he has created and in circles of wise men this is called mastery. The planter puts more cement than sand in his concrete mix, while the picker puts more sand than cement. The picker will today shave money off the top of what's budgeted for today's project. His time with this money is limited like his vision and all prospects in his life and so he's likely to spend it as such. The planter adds more cement than sand out of wisdom. So that tomorrow the greatness of the edifice he builds will add bounty to his good name. So that if asked who is the greatest of builders, beholders will speak this good name so to taste it's sweetness and so that if any man seeks to build an edifice, they seek him because of his good name. In this way the planted used the cement as a seed and grew a tree of tomorrow's project requests, customers, relationships, and loyalists that spread his wealth every time his name is spoken.

Is my name not the most bountiful of our kindred? Do you as a wise man, believe this was a mistake of chance? Do you believe I am wealthy because I have a good name or I have a good name because I am wealth? In the sake of my good name I can tell you my wealth is from the bounty of my name; a seed I planted years ago when your elders were establishing themselves as men. Spring forth a invest in your good name, for this is planting. For those that work for you, inspire them to grow the way a gardener uses care to green his garden, this is growth. If your world is four shrubs, water and nourish those four shrubs until your world is four trees. Water and nourish those tree until your world is four forests. Water and nourish those forests, and your world will grow. This is the science of wealth, and this wisdom is the bounty of the planter.

The picker believes in what he can take from a tree. He eats the fruits and swallows the seeds because he can and because he hungers while the planter may eat the fruit and plant the seeds. Of these two men who is limited in sight and scope? Who then will be limited in wealth? The picker believes in it is wise to add more sand than cement when building his edifice. In this he spends today less on cement than the planter, and from his brim glows a clenching grin; vainglory. If he is of the mind to use trickery to rig his fortune, he will realize this earth is wiser than his person ... a truth his limited thinking has denied him of seeing. As a great many before them, those who have been cheated by the picker will tell the story of their injustice. If the laws of the land that be are too inadequate to bring justice to the picker he still lives a trapped man. Because as the planters name is the soil for which he grows, the pickers poor name becomes the cage by which he's trapped. His name will spread like a foul odor, and it's source will be avoided and bypassed. They will seek the planter who's name and industry bring him wealth, and scorn the picker who's name and trickery design his poverty.

As the picker and the planter own to different destinies in business, so is the same in all aspects of life. If you break and burden your children, they will break and burden you in the future. If they are not cared for today, they will not care for you tomorrow. If they are made weak and dependent to feed your lust to control them today, so they will be weak and dependent tomorrow. If you break and burden your wife, she will live to take your wealth, instead of adding to it our ancestors have deemed a good wife must. If you break and burden your community, it will remain broken and burden and such fortune will return to you? How does one break and burden the plants of his life? He believes in picking and not planting for the future. He believes in what he can take from them and not what he can gain. Did you know that in communities beyond ours there are men who steal from their children to eat and drink today? Did you know that in communities beyond ours there are men who restrict the industry and potential of their wives and daughters so to gain in their own ego? A great many ruler has stolen from his people, and today we still only speak the name of those that chose to grow our communities.

In business, plant the seeds that grow what's needed to have wealth. In family plant the seeds needed for those around you to grow. In community plant the seeds needed for those within and without to grow. For when they grow they willingly bare fruit for days to come for their planter. When selling, forget what margins you can gain today. Give two and take one today so that your customer will return from suns uncounted to give upon you. They will remember the bounty of your good name, and they will tell those around them to seek you and give you your due. Because you gave two and took one, you have planted a good name and as it grows, you business grows, and as your business grows you name grows thus more, until many will say a wealth man is forever a wealth man while the picker will rarely raise and always fall. Be a planter, and not a picker; understand this, and your fortune will be greater than mine..."

Re: Mazi Uchenna's 120 Lessons On Becoming Wealthy by Ofodirinwa: 4:42pm On Jul 16, 2015
jamaicanoshu:
@ OP Seriously (1) You need to turn this into a book like right now! [2] You need to monetize your writing abilities. (3)THE WEALTHY MAN BUYS THINGS THAT MAKE HIM WEALTHIER! I saw this one line and knew that you had some shvit! This reminds me of Rich Dad Poor Dad definition of a Asset: Is anything that puts money in your pocket. A Liability is the exact opposite. Secondly what we spend our money on will determine our wealth. (4)See if you can get a BIBLE or KORAN printed with your lessons attached. Try to convince the governor of your state to make these lessons part of educational program of your state. Show me the cultures that emphasizes financial education or military education/strategic education and i will show you who rules the World! THIS CAN BE THE AFRICAN ANSWER TO THE RICHEST MAN IN BABYLON!

wait and watch wink
Re: Mazi Uchenna's 120 Lessons On Becoming Wealthy by LoveMachine(m): 1:19am On Jul 20, 2015
cool
Re: Mazi Uchenna's 120 Lessons On Becoming Wealthy by jamaicanoshu(m): 7:38am On Jul 23, 2015
THE PERSONAL AND THE POLITICAL ARE THE SAME IN MOST THINGS. The chain is as strong as it's weakest link! The personal financial/economic education of the average citizen of Nigeria is what will lead to wealth for Nigeria in the long term! This a great video of real financial education. The only part he did not discuss is the lifestyle or character/Morals that leads to wealth versus the ones that lead to poverty. Here is the video! [Youtube]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Irsjjeaa73Y[/Youtube]
Re: Mazi Uchenna's 120 Lessons On Becoming Wealthy by Kelklein(m): 8:21pm On Jul 23, 2015
Ofodirinwa, thanks for this piece...pls waiting for the rest of them..

1 Like

Re: Mazi Uchenna's 120 Lessons On Becoming Wealthy by begod: 9:03pm On Jul 23, 2015
asha80:
ogaa, this is a poem and i word of wisdom. The guy is a poet.

1 Like

Re: Mazi Uchenna's 120 Lessons On Becoming Wealthy by begod: 9:04pm On Jul 23, 2015
asha80:
ogaa, this is a poem and i word of wisdom. The guy is a poet

1 Like

Re: Mazi Uchenna's 120 Lessons On Becoming Wealthy by Ofodirinwa: 5:52pm On Jul 24, 2015
A Grand Few Own, A Fallen Many Owe

"...In our recent years, years beyond my prime and ripe for your a flourishing of foreign ideals on money and great wealth rings in the mouths of many. Oversees there is a great gospel of borrowing, one that sees the wealth of great men at the sum of a journey began by borrowing. How feeble are these ideals? Do the forefathers of this soil before us sweeting their pallet at the plate of loans? Does the sun lend shine? Does your mother lend love? Are all things that are permanent and tangible lent or borrowed? Never in my great many years did I believe that borrowing was the beginning of any great prosperity and with a deaf year to the winds of trend and a stern eye on the soil of my work saw borrowing as what it was; the sale of your future by your impatience.

When asked the secret to my fortune by a wise few, I have told the story of the 8 great fathers of our community and how our people watched each raise and fall but a wise one. Without knowing these the sagas of the 8 great fathers who else can my lessons bear wisdom? If you know the legend, you will know of the wise father who was a borrow. In his fortune our people called him a wizard of finance, at the feet of his fall our people called him what borrowing had made him...a gambler.

A foreign definition of a business man says that a business man is a gambler. As a gambler, borrowing is your portion because as a gambler your fortune is at the mercy of fate. As a gambler you are ignorant to the fact that wealth is a man's mastery of his fate, not a token given to you by fate because as fate gives fate takes; whilst wealth is eternal, yours and blessed. The great foreign gospel of borrowing has been spread by the impatience of men because it preaches that currency comes before toil. That one will get the currency first, toil, then return the currency back to the lender, or in truth, the booker of his lofty gamble.

This is a lie. You will toil. You must toil. As sweat was placed inside you to cool your back and palm placed upon you with wipe your brim it is the fortune of man to be a beast of toil. So I say this. Do not seek the currency first, then toil after like the borrower...because this is gambling and gambling is no wealth. Toil first. If you don't have the currency today to flourish on a higher plane immediately, you weren't meant to and you should accept that. A wise man is a wealth man and a wealth man is a patience man.

If you have but two yams to take to the market, take two yams to the market. Do not borrow one hundred, or one thousand, or one million yams so that you can be the man I am today. Sell your two yams, return with four, from four return with eight, and from there your patience takes your destiny out of the hands of fate. A great man borrowers have found wealth, but each of that great man as a single man stands on the bones of ten that failed at that same gamble. Free yourself of all consequence of fate and circumstance. This is not mastery. I teach you the words of mastery. I bless you today with the wisdom of masters. Gambling is a sickness, gambling is not mastery, and borrowing is the beginning of failure.

Borrowing puts a dream on your table because you have wagered that you will make that dream happen. After that dream will you not dream again? For as the boy is active and the mind is alive you will want to taste the sweetness of success over, and over again. So with one successful gamble comes another, then another, then another, then as the gambler's inevitable gluttony of arrogance deems fit, he will be ruined and his wealth put back in the hands of he how owned it all along...his broker. Debt is a disease. Today no great man of our blood is akin to debt. Debt is death. Before beginning your journey to wealth free yourself from the bondage of debt, because a debt is prey to the lender, as a lender understands the art of mastery.

Why then wouldn't a gospel of borrowing be spread? Is this not the fire that will prepare you as a meal for the lender! Must the lender not eat! As the lender must eat, a gospel of the borrower will ring loud over hill and valley. Don't be deceived, for you are like a son to me and I cherish the bounty of your destiny and what it will bring your children. I tell you this because I love you and care for your success as a son of our soil. Do not borrow. I did not borrow.

There is a wealth of ways to raise and create currency when it's needed. The key is to remember that it's not about the currency, it's about creating a system that brings you want you want how you want it and when you want it and a great many have done this without a drop of currency. Many a poor man believe that it will require a windfall of currency to make him consider becoming industrious in the art of business and enterprise. This is a lie given to him for he is a fool, and a fool suckles the breast of the lair. You don't need currency to create wealth. you don't need currency to start industry, and you don't need to borrow to reach a new height in industry. You will get there, use your patience and stay healthy when a plague of debt and gambling.

Avoid the temptation of borrowing, for you need patience more than currency; understand this and your fortune will be greater than mine.."

follow me on twitter: @Ofodirinwa
Re: Mazi Uchenna's 120 Lessons On Becoming Wealthy by Ofodirinwa: 12:05am On Jul 26, 2015
Kelklein:
Ofodirinwa, thanks for this piece...pls waiting for the rest of them..
appreciate it. BTW, check your email cool
Re: Mazi Uchenna's 120 Lessons On Becoming Wealthy by jamaicanoshu(m): 7:38am On Jul 26, 2015
Sir you are dropping real bombs here! Bombs of wisdom. These are real Life Lessons that give the holder a massive advantage in this battle called life. We are taught to go to school:get good grades and then get a job ! This was the life instruction i was given. I suffered for the lack of knowledge you are dropping. If the Rastafarians had combined the RELIGIOUS and the ECONOMIC. They would have been able to defend Jamaica from the economic slavery being applied to us by the Jewish IMF plan. The wisdom you are giving can surely change the life of a man . It can surely change the Economic life of a Country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mazi Uchenna's 120 Lessons On Becoming Wealthy by Kelklein(m): 6:45pm On Jul 27, 2015
Ofodirinwa:
appreciate it. BTW, check your email cool

Thanks alot for your timely reply... but I have not been able to access the mail (yahoo) that I open this account with..I use this gmail now
drabdulalkali@gmail.com. Please kindly reach me through it.

Thanx a mil on anticipation.
Re: Mazi Uchenna's 120 Lessons On Becoming Wealthy by Ofodirinwa: 7:30pm On Jul 27, 2015
Your Friends tell your Fortune

"....As poverty has been part and parcel to those of our kindred, it must be understood without confusion the importance of the following lesson. A wealth man is found in circles of wealthy men. This unassailable law of attraction has been one who's lessons have made me the man I am today. A leopard cannot be found in a nest of hyenas, a falcon among foul or nor can an elephant follow the path of an ant. If you want to know who you will be tomorrow, look at the people you are around today. For without fail or delay, your pack is your destiny and your destiny is your pack.

So how then does one see a future of wealth in a land of great poverty. Well my son, as wise as you are, you should know to my great delight that there are wealthy men amidst the impoverished. There are wealthy men with little riches, and their are poor men of plenty. The great difference is the wealth man controls his destiny and the poor man accepts it. So if the poor man lay poor he will lay soaking in the same gluttony, envy, and small mindedness he will lay soaking in if he were wealthy. From here we see why some can attain wealth without happiness, but never happiness without wealth. To a poor man, wealth and happiness live in opposite quarters, while a wealthy man's happiness produces his wealth and his wealth his happiness. I tell you this profile of both men so to not confuse this lesson as one advising you to only see yourself around the rich.

Are your friends rife with ambition? You too will be rich in the plenty it produces. Are your friends contagious with vision and enterprise? You have found yourself among wealthy men. Do they raise while others sleep and sleep with others raise? Do they work hard and invest in their name? Do they seek to know more? Is their conduct in business about transformation or transaction? Are they easily swayed by material wanderlust? Do they exhibit envy or pride? With your wisdom you can see that even in a crowd of paupers, there are wealthy men and there are poor men, and if given the advancement of time, the one capable of mastering his destiny will mold his rags into riches, while the other will be as he has been and he always has been.

Keep a great distance from those inability to learn, envision, work, or discipline themselves. Be weary of men without rule because without your charity they will banter in an equal portion of your flesh! Their habits and their mindset make you complacent with being a chicken among chicks, when you are actually destined to be a falcon. Young man what do your friends do with their time today? What words come from their lips? In the time you've known them have they advanced? Do they invest in their name and their word? Do they influence the world around them in whatever margin their hands can grasp? As poverty has been part and parcel to those of our kindred, it must be understood without confusion the importance of the following lesson. A wealth man is found in circles of wealthy men. Understand this, and your fortune will be greater than mine...."

follow me on twitter: @Ofodirinwa

1 Like

Re: Mazi Uchenna's 120 Lessons On Becoming Wealthy by Ofodirinwa: 11:24pm On Jul 30, 2015
Do Not Pick a Fight, Pick a Victory

"...So I say to those who seek my words, and those who nourish their minds in the pursuit of a greater wealth to pick your battles by this one stratagem. Don't pick a fight, pick a victory. From this our forefathers taught us that we should never take on a cause first and look for victory after. We as wise men shall instead see a victory, then follow the fight to attain it after.

In business, it is prudent to not start a business and begin searching for currency, customers and acclaim thereafter. The greatest fishermen among use don't settle at a river until the see the presence of fish. Folly is settling at any body of water and awaiting the sight of a meal. In business, you must be able to see where streams of money are going and coming from before you establish a business. If you're among the proud, sell that which pride enriches. If you're among the vain, sell that which vanity enriches. If you're among the gluttonous, sell that which gluttony enriches. If you're among the envious, sell that which envy enriches. Do these deplorable habits not make man ripe to be mastered by those who have purged it from their nature? In seeing a people's pride, a people's vanity, a people's gluttony, a people's envy and the like you have seen the fish. You know the money from their palms feed their pride, feed their vanity, feed their gluttony, feed their envy, and so provide for them what you have already seen their pride accommodates to.

It is crucial to remember that selling a particular fine cloth because you see the people are fond of that fine cloth is not mastery. This shows me and those before you that you are yet to understand this critical lesson among 120. If the people show passion for a fine cloth, it is not the cloth they like, but their own vanity. Well then, you're next move is to offer another plate for which they can feed their vanity. Are you more capable in size and strength of taking away the customers of those selling that fine cloth? Then sell that fine cloth. Are you less capable in size and strength to taking away the customers of those selling that fine cloth? Then cater to their vanity in another way. For this you are wise in not going head to head with a ram!

If it's fine cloth that wets their pallet, and you were beaten in the selling of this fine cloth remember the fish is still in the stream. Why are they buying this fine cloth? If it is vanity, what else can be done to cater to their vanity? What else can be done to cater to their vanity in conjunction with. In this way oyibo say, if you can't beat them join them'. Do the vein not need jewels to complement their fine cloth? Do they not need opportunities to show the public their fine cloth? Halls to celebrate in their fine cloth?

The next level of understanding is as follows. If a people buy fine cloth because of their own vanity.. the man who burdens to maintain and wash these cloth for them is a fool and will fail regardless of anything before sun and man. I say so because he believes people inspired by vanity value the things they buy. This is deception. People who buy because of vanity do not value the objects; they value their vanity. They will move to the next pattern of cloth after acquiring that fine cloth we speak of because once acquired that fine cloth loses it's value. Understanding this is mastery of the vain. When I see young men opting to car for the possession of the vain I can only weep at their ignorance. Once an object needs repair, it loses all vanity. As the days go it's vanity withers, and like a hole in a bucket the vain retain nothing. Understand this.

Why do I tell you about the vain? For their one of many inflicted with ailments of the heart and mind. For seeing their vanity is seeing the fish before you decide a spot to fish, and understanding the nature of vanity, not the objects they are buying but the reason they are buying these objects, is the beginning of mastery of the fish, the stream and the bounty of your wisdom. To see money before going into business, understand where the money of the people go to and most importantly, why. I speak of ailments of the heart and mind because a fulfilled man, a wealthy man, wants little. Many are rich, and bountiful with currency but are inflicted with ailments of the heart and mind. They too can be mastered, and must.

In understanding what makes people buy what they buy, you enter business after knowing where the victory lays. In starting a business without knowing why people buy what they buy, you enter the fight without knowing the victory. The deeper your understanding of their reasons, the most precise your knowledge of where the victory lies. Pick the victory, not the fight, and your wealth will be greater than mine....."

follow me on twitter @Ofodirinwa
Re: Mazi Uchenna's 120 Lessons On Becoming Wealthy by courage89(m): 6:14am On Jul 31, 2015
Nice one
Re: Mazi Uchenna's 120 Lessons On Becoming Wealthy by Kelklein(m): 8:25am On Aug 20, 2015
oga Ofodirinwa..bn a while
still waiting for updates oo
Re: Mazi Uchenna's 120 Lessons On Becoming Wealthy by Ofodirinwa: 1:54pm On Aug 20, 2015
Yes your right, I've been very busy. Here's a few!
Re: Mazi Uchenna's 120 Lessons On Becoming Wealthy by Ofodirinwa: 2:34pm On Aug 20, 2015
Be the Sun's Shadow, Everyday.

"....As the sun raises everyday from the east, and sets in the west, so must our actions follow in consistency. It is know the wise men of plenty that consistency is the route to wealth. Consistent are the steps to wealth. Steady are it's prints, so that when one sees the left in the sand, he knows the right will follow.

For wealth to happen, the masses must give it to you. You will not germinate wealth without the vote of the multitude anointing it to you. For this to happen you need their patronage. For this to happen you need their confidence. For this to be you need their acclaim and such is afforded through the currency of consistency. Was it not my consistency as a young man that earned me the patronage of my people? was it not my consistency in business that earned me their confidence.

Make monuments of your actions. Let the people know that if you say it, it will be done. This is why the Iroko is the greatest of all trees. For as young men we leave it's sight, and return in our twilight without regard to the amount of years confident it will still be there. Many men wake everyday and tackle business, family and mastery from a different angle and from this inconsistency they fail. Those that will give you their patronage will want to know that your actions are like the iroko. Your beliefs like the sky, your reactions like the sun, and from this consistency they will give you space to be a part of their lives. If you are consistent, people can make plans around you. If they know your shop is open, they can plan to patronize you. If they know your beliefs are consistent they can see the direction you will lead them, and allow you to thus lead. If they know your guided not be whims, emotion, or triggers, but by a consistent unflinching march towards vision they will march with you. In their footsteps you'll hear the rhythm of confidence. In their hearts the beating of support and through this you will find wealth.

Do as I do my son. Don't say what you may do, might do or can do, but what you've done, and what you're doing so that there's no room for error or change. Don't speak of lofty future dreams, but of immediate action. Don't change course because of the current. Don't change direction like the weather. Be like the sun that rises everyday in the same route. Be like the sky which is always above and the ground that is always below. When the multitude see your consistency, it gives them confidence in you, and they can incorporate you not only in their present but in their future. As our mothers never announce that it's time to eat until the meal is prepared, but will consistently prepare a meal everyday, we are as so in business and in all relations in our lives. Practice consistency my son, and you're fortune will be greater than mine...."

Re: Mazi Uchenna's 120 Lessons On Becoming Wealthy by Ofodirinwa: 8:20pm On Aug 24, 2015
Do What You Have To, Not What You Want To

"....So without a second breathe I feel it most expedient to let you know my son that a man of wealth does what has to, not what he wants to. For this is mastery of ones self, and the art of wealth is the art of mastery. The art of controlling outcomes, the art of discipline, and the art of pain. In doing what you have to, not what you want to, one must learn to do all things must be done when they must be done. Mastery is forgoing pleasure and enduring pain, withdrawing rewards, thirst and famine of the ego when the flesh must bare all elements with the future begin the only reward.

Yes my son. The men who will own the future are striving today. Oyibo dem say, 'no pain, no gain', and from this we learn that we must do what needs to be done, even if it's not what we want to do. Man must lay all to the side for the fruit before you. One must learn to raise when he body aches to sleep. Work when he body aches for rest. Starve when he body aches to feast. Run when he body aches to walk. Walk when he body aches to sit. Fight when his body aches to flee. Charge when he body aches to retreat. For did I not follow this lesson in my years as a young man? Once you have mastered your body's urges and keep them from controlling your actions, you have achieved mastery and this is the only route to wealth.

Do what you have to, not what you want to. Do what is difficult. Seek what is unattainable. Immerse yourself in that which is adverse to the laxly man. Master your urges my son by doing your duty my son, and your fortune will be greater than mine.."

1 Like

Re: Mazi Uchenna's 120 Lessons On Becoming Wealthy by ETHIX(m): 10:24am On Aug 25, 2015
Very interesting piece

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC “disowns” Amaechi, Fashola, Others As Ministers / How Buhari Can Decisively Defeat Niger Delta Avengers. / Biography Of An Islamic Preacher & New DG Of NITDA, Dr. Isa Ibrahim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 210
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.