Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Most Overated Player In The Premier League - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Most Overated Player In The Premier League (7439 Views)

Is Cristiano Ronaldo The Most Complete Player In The Planet? / Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2013/2014 / Alex Ferguson & Ryan Giggs Named Best Manager & Player In EPL History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by tocdee(m): 9:25pm On Mar 26, 2009
~Sauron~:

Stop being an oaf.
A team down to 10 men playing away from home in a hostile ground like Anfield are going to be defending with their lives.
Most times, Ronaldo gets sacrificed in em games to put an extra defender to protect United's lead.
THINK!!!!

Poor Ronaldo, the lad can't be bothered with defensive duties, eh?
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by Akolawole(m): 12:29am On Mar 27, 2009
@Dr

So you will choose Steven ahead of Essiential ingridient
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by Markos23: 3:53pm On Mar 29, 2009
Adebayor is certainly the most overrated player. I can't believe AC Milan want to pay 30 million for him. He misses the easiest of chances and then keeps smiling.

Kirk Phinney.
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by Bobbyb(m): 8:36am On Mar 30, 2009
@markos lyk dat, As an ARSENAL fan i'am also sick at d sight of d guy! D guys hands r always on his head wif mouth wide-open followed wif a foolish smile afta SQUANDERRING a very decent opportunity,
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by dyabman(m): 9:14am On Mar 30, 2009
gerrard overrated ,
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by Bobbyb(m): 9:36am On Mar 30, 2009
gerrad overrated?, dis na crious BEEF!!!!
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by dyabman(m): 9:49am On Mar 30, 2009
no bi beef , na fish, idiot , cant u see,
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by tocdee(m): 11:29am On Mar 30, 2009
dyabman:

gerrard overrated ,

You are deluded. tongue
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by tayoccu(m): 1:36pm On Mar 30, 2009
how is Gerrard overrated?
the only position I haven't seen the guy play is goalkeeper.
so for a guy with such talent, he is waaaaayyyyyyy underrated.
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by DrKitaun(m): 8:20pm On Mar 30, 2009
@DR AKOLAWOLE grin

who is ESSIEN when Gerrard is being metioned ?

pls lets stop this anti-Liverppol sentiments . . .Gerrard is better than any other English player still playing by miles . . .

who is Rooney when GERRARD is being mentioned ?

do u think he was given MBE for nothing ?

give the boy his dude . . .HE IS A PHENOMENON

even in Ghana, Appiah comes before Essien, yes or no ? undecided
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by Sauron1: 8:26pm On Mar 30, 2009
Dr Kitaun:

@DR AKOLAWOLE  grin
who is ESSIEN when Gerrard is being metioned ?

U dunno your football. . . . .
Gerrard is English, Essien is an African.
If Gerrard possesses 40% of Essien's talents, he woulda won the FIFA Player Of The Year.

pls lets stop this anti-Liverppol sentiments . . .Gerrard is better than any other English player still playing by miles . . .
who is Rooney when GERRARD is being mentioned ?

Rooney compared to Gerrard?? Are you okay at all??
Wazza is 500 times better than Gerrard in so many ways.
I can bring out Capello's assessment on the 2 players.
He has told the media time n time again Rooney is the first player on his team list anytime anyday.

do u think he was given MBE for nothing ?

Politics!!! If he's that good, he shoulda won a league title in all these years.

give the boy his dude   . . .HE IS A PHENOMENON

English hype. Media boy. Poster boy.

even in Ghana, Appiah comes before Essien, yes or no ?  undecided

In Arsenal, Bendtner comes before Adebayor. . . . .That is what you sound like now.
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by DrKitaun(m): 8:36pm On Mar 30, 2009
reacting so passionately to ur applesauce is such a big wate of time tongue

isnt the same u that said Torres is the best striker in Europe but cos u are/were still suffering from Scouse-fest u now turn round to say Villa is better . . .na wao

Appiah is seen as the heartbeat of the team . . .are u douting that ? doesnt that sound to u like and OKOCHA AND KANU thing ? undecided undecided

Rooney better than Gerrard in Capello's assessment ? PROOF PLS !!!
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by Sauron1: 8:54pm On Mar 30, 2009
Dr Kitaun:

reacting so passionately to ur applesauce is such a big wate of time tongue

U and your endless prattle. . . . .

isnt the same u that said Torres is the best striker in Europe but cos u are/were still suffering from Scouse-fest u now turn round to say Villa is better . . .na wao

But you saw the 2 of em at Euro 2008. . . . .Who was the better player??
David Villa is better than Torres. Liverpool fans will tell you this anytime anyday.
They wanted Rafa to buy him some weeks back cos they know Villa is the most clinical striker in Europe.
He was a decent workrate. . . . .He is a Rooney + Torres combo(football brain and devastating finishing).

Appiah is seen as the heartbeat of the team . . .are u douting that ? doesnt that sound to u like and OKOCHA AND KANU thing ? undecided undecided

Appiah ke?? Essien is the essential recipe. . . .
Without Essien in any team, that team will SUFFER.

Rooney better than Gerrard in Capello's assessment ? PROOF PLS !!!

I won't even go any further. . . .Read THIS
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by Bobbyb(m): 9:28pm On Mar 30, 2009
ALL this coz some1 who is jst Trying 2 b sentimental by saying GERRAD is overrated>>>>>>Infact he is d BEST MIDFIELDER in EUROPE!
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by DrKitaun(m): 6:44pm On Mar 31, 2009
~Sauron~:

U and your endless prattle. . . . .
I won't even go any further. . . .Read THIS

what has that link got to do with f@ckall ?

the link hasnt got a mention of Capello in it or has it ?

u mentioned Capello rates Rooney higher . . .PROOF PLS!!!
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by Sauron1: 7:48pm On Mar 31, 2009
Dr Kitaun:

what has that link got to do with f@ckall ?

the link hasnt got a mention of Capello in it or has it ?

u mentioned Capello rates Rooney higher . . .PROOF  PLS!!!

Fabio Capello sees Wayne Rooney as a future England captain but says the striker still needs to develop a killer instinct in front of goal.
The England coach recognises Rooney as the 'most talented' player in his squad and someone he rates 'a natural leader'
Click HERE

Fabio Capello has demanded that Wayne Rooney improve his finishing. The England manager agrees that the attacker is the team's most talented player but says his reliability is a concern. Rooney went more than three years without a goal for his country in a competitive fixture, between the Euro 2004 quarter-final against Portugal and a qualifier against Estonia in October 2007, and operating as a lone striker he did not score in the recent friendlies with Switzerland and France.
The story continues HERE
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by A40(m): 2:13am On Apr 01, 2009
Its just a means of stoking his fire!! Coaches use that technique all the time or who else should Capello motivate? an always injured Michael Owen
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by biina: 5:48am On Apr 01, 2009
easy Q: Christiano Ronaldo.
He is good, but not that good!
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by tkb417(m): 8:57am On Apr 01, 2009
To all those who feel Gerrard is overrated.

This is a quote from Kaka. One time world footballer of the year corroborating another ersthwile world footballer of the year

“If I had to choose three, I would pick Cristiano Ronaldo, because of his skill and speed; Messi, because of his flair and skills; and Steven Gerrard, who for me is the complete modern player.”

If Gerrard is a complete modern day player, i wonder why some people think hes overrated.

I agree with Kaka, hes one of the few very talented footballers we can find around. same for CR7 and Messi

fanstastic players ill love to have in my team.

imagine these combo pf first Xi

1) Cech
2) Maicon
3) Evra
4) Mascherano
5) Vida
6) carvalho
7) CR7
coolBenzema
9) Torres
10)Messi
11)Ribery

This team will kill any team for decades!!!
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by tocdee(m): 10:15am On Apr 01, 2009
tkb417:

To all those who feel Gerrard is overrated.

This is a quote from Kaka. One time world footballer of the year corroborating another ersthwile world footballer of the year

If Gerrard is a complete modern day player, i wonder why some people think hes overrated.

I agree with Kaka, hes one of the few very talented footballers we can find around. same for CR7 and Messi

fanstastic players ill love to have in my team.

imagine these combo pf first Xi

1) Cech
2) Maicon
3) Evra
4) Mascherano
5) Vida
6) carvalho
7) CR7
coolBenzema
9) Torres
10)Messi
11)Ribery

This team will kill any team for decades!!!

Excellent squad. BUT I'm not too sure about Evra on current form. I'll take Carragher over Carvalho (maybe i'm biased) and I'd play Gerrard over Benzema behind Torres as he prefers being a lone striker as it offers him more space to exploit.
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by Dotman01(m): 11:10am On Apr 01, 2009
Excellent squad but if u no get a world class coach, nd u put someone lyk big sam ? U go dey fight 4 relegatn be dat grin
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by dayokanu(m): 2:13pm On Apr 01, 2009
TKB, How come Gerrard is not in your team
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by Akolawole(m): 2:23pm On Apr 01, 2009
@Dr Kit

How best is Steven G?

He is playing twin-position.Midfield and supporting striker.

1) Is he the best midfielder in england?

2) Is he the best sub-striker in England?

Just tell me yes or no.
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by tkb417(m): 2:30pm On Apr 01, 2009
Dayo

Etoo, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Klose, Rooney, Ibrahimovic, Iniesta, Xavi, Asharvin and other world class players are not in my team
I cant put everbody in ma team

I didnt want to use Gerrard as a support striker cos Benzema is ma player anytime anyday

Torres, Benzema                 (Gerrard as sub)
Ribery, Masch, Messi, CR7

Thats the killer attack/midfield

Tocdee
u prefer carragher to Carlvalho? God forbid!!
Carlvalho is one of the best around.

Evra? i dunno who else to put. Evra to me is berra than clichy, cole, Abidal and co
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by Ibime(m): 2:32pm On Apr 01, 2009
How can you put Benzema or Gerrard as support striker ahead of Kaka?
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by tkb417(m): 3:23pm On Apr 01, 2009
Ibime
I prefer Benzema and Torres
na by force? grin
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by DrKitaun(m): 8:49pm On Apr 01, 2009
@Akola

must I repeat this a million times before u understand what I am saying ?

GERRARD is the best midfielder in the whole of Europe to me . . . .not even England

why do u keep talking about positional play ?

what was Henry playing for Arsenal ? a defined STRIKER'S role ?

its thas something extra that brings into his team that ME likes

GERRARD IS A DEMI-GOD !!! cool
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by Akolawole(m): 1:01am On Apr 02, 2009
Dr Kitaun:

@Akola

1)GERRARD is the best midfielder in the whole of Europe to me . . . .not even England

2) why do u keep talking about positional play ?

1) The oracle had spoken grin

We will re-open this discussion soon.
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by Sauron1: 1:10am On Apr 02, 2009
Dr Kitaun:

@Akola
GERRARD is the best midfielder in the whole of Europe to me . . . .not even England

This is ridiculous.
I now understand why DAYOKANU shits on EPL fans.
How can u say Gerrard is the best midfielder in Europe?? Did a gerbil crawl up your rectum??
Xavi, Iniesta, Senna, Essien, etc. . . . .

why do u keep talking about positional play ?

Henry played many roles for Arsenal.
In the season Arsenal got to the final of the Champions League, Henry was deployed as an out n out/lone striker.
I dunno why u drew this analogy but Henry was never the best striker in Europe throughout his stay at Arsenal.

Jesus Wept!!!! grin grin
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by A40(m): 1:25am On Apr 02, 2009
~Sauron~:

Henry played many roles for Arsenal.
In the season Arsenal got to the final of the Champions League, Henry was deployed as an out n out/lone striker.
I dunno why u drew this analogy but Henry was never the best striker in Europe throughout his stay at Arsenal.

Then how did he win the European Golden Shoe back to back in 2003-2004 and 2004-2005?
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by Sauron1: 1:51am On Apr 02, 2009
A-40:

Then how did he win the European Golden Shoe back to back in 2003-2004 and 2004-2005?

2003/4, Shevchenko was better than Henry then. Forget the goals scored in the domestic league.
Henry had the advantage of freekicks and penalty kicks. . . . . .Something most strikers don't have in their clubs.

2004/5, Diego Forlan, Samuel Etoo were better than him.
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by dayokanu(m): 5:33am On Apr 02, 2009
This is ridiculous.
I now understand why DAYOKANU shits on EPL fans.

How can u say Gerrard is the best midfielder in Europe?? Did a gerbil crawl up your rectum??
Xavi, Iniesta, Senna, Essien, etc. . . . .

Took you so many years to understand one line of my thought?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Manchester City Vs Norwich City (5 - 0) On 26th July 2020 / Pep Guardiola Set To Step Down As Barcelona Manager / Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.