Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,591 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

Most Overated Player In The Premier League - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Most Overated Player In The Premier League (7435 Views)

Is Cristiano Ronaldo The Most Complete Player In The Planet? / Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2013/2014 / Alex Ferguson & Ryan Giggs Named Best Manager & Player In EPL History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by tkb417(m): 7:27am On Apr 02, 2009
Senna, Xavi, Iniesta and Essien are not better than Gerrard presently.

The guy is hotter than fire as i speak today grin

wait, how can Senna be better than Gerrard?
from where to where
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by dyabman(m): 8:23am On Apr 02, 2009
my team ,

Cech

maicon carlvalho vidic konchesky

messi kaka Essien Robben

Torres Ibramovich

Coach Christian Chukwu
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by tocdee(m): 10:29am On Apr 02, 2009
~Sauron~:

This is ridiculous.
I now understand why DAYOKANU shits on EPL fans.
How can u say Gerrard is the best midfielder in Europe?? Did a gerbil crawl up your rectum??
Xavi, Iniesta, Senna, Essien, etc. . . . .

I understand your love for Spanish football BUT Senna better than Gerrard You must be having a laugh! Which team do you support? So if your team where a goal down in a final and you (as a manager) had Gerrard, Xavi, Senna, Iniesta and Essien, you'd ACTUALLY bring in Senna? Duh! The guy had a good Euro outing and now he's up there? I watched him yesterday against the Turks and he was poor to average at best.

And a lot of people here have suddenly developed this post-injury love for Essien. The guy is a good player BUT his youth and power are his greatest assets. I mean, ever seen him taking a spot kick, free kick, corner kick, give a killer through-ball, etc: things that make great midfielders? Wait till he's about 30, lost some of his power and needs to rely on guile and technique, then he'll be thoroughly found out.

Xavi is a splendid player, so is Iniesta but in the words of Kaka, "Gerrard, for me, is the Modern Complete Player."
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by DrKitaun(m): 4:19pm On Apr 02, 2009
who is that player you can be surest to change or win a game for u when the going gets tough ?

GERRARD !!! cool

Match-winner extra-ordinaire that any coach would love to have in his team . . .

Essien is strong, agile, can score a few goals but Gerrard is just too much of a playmaker, motivator, match-winner, utility player, enigma, gifted, packs a strong shot to his foot . . .

what else do I need to say ?

all of the Sennas, Iniesta and Essien can never achieve what he will achieve or all he already has achieved . . .

any takers ? grin grin

@Sharon

u keep talking about what he has achieved for England, what do u expect him to achieve playing alongside nitwits like Rio, Rooney and Carrick tongue grin

Gerrard is not the problem of the English team . . . .

na all the people wey dem deny VISA for here curse them teams say dem no go dey reach anywhere for FOOTIE grin grin
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by Ibime(m): 4:22pm On Apr 02, 2009
I went to Wembley to watch England match last night. Gerrard doesn't do jack! I don't know how it comes across on TV, but all I see is misplaced passes and poor ball control.

Now I know that Sauron is correct! Wayne Rooney is far and above the best player that England have.
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by DrKitaun(m): 4:29pm On Apr 02, 2009
sincerely I didnt watch yesterday's match . . .

but doesnt it just sound odd that on the basis of one match u judge a player ?

oh ! LAMPARD HAS BEEN RUBBISH MOST OF THE TIME FOR ENGLAND embarassed tongue cool
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by dayokanu(m): 4:43pm On Apr 02, 2009
My take on this issue is

1) Gerrard is overrated. How can anything that comes out of England be the best? Moreover we are discussing football which is not Englands forte.

But telling me Wayne Rooney is better is absolute rubbish. When a striker that scored 5 goals between August 2004 and August 2008 is said to be the best player in a team? Is that not complete HOGWASH?

Gerrard is Overrated and Rooney is Overrated But in all, Gerrard is a better player than Rooney can ever Hope to be.
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by tkb417(m): 4:46pm On Apr 02, 2009
Gerrard is Overrated and Rooney is Overrated But in all, Gerrard is a better player than Rooney can ever Hope to be.
oh oh oh. maybe u can help us with a German player better than Gerrard.
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by DrKitaun(m): 4:50pm On Apr 02, 2009
@Dayokanu

dont make me slap u hard . . . angry

I don indoctrinate u for here, u come dey yarn rubbish ?

have u forgotten that peeps here were Deustche/Bundesliga-intolerant here but for variety sake I stood against their shouting u down here ?

now just do us a favour and show which German midfielder has achieved more than KING GERRARD ! tongue grin
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by Ibime(m): 4:53pm On Apr 02, 2009
Dr Kitaun:

sincerely I didnt watch yesterday's match . . .

but doesnt it just sound odd that on the basis of one match u judge a player ?

oh ! LAMPARD HAS BEEN RUBBISH MOST OF THE TIME FOR ENGLAND embarassed tongue cool

Don't be silly. Lamps was top-scorer in Portugal 04 with Rooney and top scorer in 06 WC qualifying.

dayokanu:

My take on this issue is

1) Gerrard is overrated. How can anything that comes out of England be the best? Moreover we are discussing football which is not Englands forte.

But telling me Wayne Rooney is better is absolute rubbish. When a striker that scored 5 goals between August 2004 and August 2008 is said to be the best player in a team? Is that not complete HOGWASH?

Trust me, goals or not, Rooney makes the game flow. I saw it yesterday. Infact, Rooney was the only one whose name the crowd kept chanting. Gerrard does not receive the ball and dictate play. You only see Gerrard when he is bullalaing shot or making a bursting run. Rooney is in a different class.

Dr Kitaun:

now just do us a favour and show which German midfielder has achieved more than KING GERRARD ! tongue grin

Ballack!

Not now, but previously. Check any stage - league, world cup, UCL etc. Ballack has done it all!
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by dayokanu(m): 4:57pm On Apr 02, 2009
Dr Kit,
You want me to thank you for being able to think while others cant? You obviously did yourself a lot of favor else you too would have been seen as a unidirectional EPL fan.   tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

You want me to name current German players who have won Silver at world cup 2002, Silver at Euro cup 2008 and Bronze at the world cup 2006.  

For national team I cant remember what Gerrard has won Maybe someone can help me? Has Gerrard played any semi finals for national team?

Ballack at his prime was a better player than Gerrard.
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by dayokanu(m): 5:03pm On Apr 02, 2009
@TKB,

Oliver Kahn
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by DrKitaun(m): 5:10pm On Apr 02, 2009
@dAYOKANU

U are a big doofus . . .

BALLACK at his prime indeed angry

has he retired ? why isnt he being mentioned in the same breath with Gerrard right abt now even in England ?

what has Ballack won at Club level that comes close to Gerrard ?

Gerrard might not have won anything with England . . .but how does coming close to winning f@ckall amount to VICTORY itself ?

is this how u expect to train your children ? I PITY U grin

the person that comes 2nd IS NEVER REMEMBERED, EITHER U WIN OR U JUST LIKE THE REST, FORGOTTEN IN NO TIME tongue cheesy

@iBIME

are u saying based on the strenght of yesterday . . .GERRARD IS RUBBISH ?

isnt this the same Gerrard that had saved England on certain occasions ?

na wa 4 una anti-Liverpool bias o . . . embarassed
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by Sauron1: 5:19pm On Apr 02, 2009
Ibime:

I went to Wembley to watch England match last night. Gerrard doesn't do jack! I don't know how it comes across on TV, but all I see is misplaced passes and poor ball control.
Now I know that Sauron is correct! Wayne Rooney is far and above the best player that England have.

Thank U. . . . . . .
Nairaland cats wouldn't know until they see these guys live. . . . . .They fail to realise there's a difference between watching a match on TV and watching it live in the stadium. Do they know what Gerrard does when his team is not in possession??

Pundits like TKB, Kitaun, Tocdee and DayoTWATnu are deceived by Gerrard's 'hollywood passes' that have a failure rate of 90%.
Making "simple" passes is far from simple. Gerrard can't (I counted one Liverpool game and got to 12 passes intercepted before I gave up, it wasn't half time then). It took Beckham years to learn (I'm still not convinced he has, but he's better at it). Lampard's better than both, but still forgets to do this sometimes.

A player that finds space to receive the ball (often form the defence) then successfully passes it on to a man in space is very valuable. They don't seem to be "doing much" but they make the opposition sees a lot less of the ball.
Carrick is a great example, look at interception stats and number of successful passes. It's about stopping the opposition and giving your side the chance to do something - it's not all about tackles, assists and goals.

Another thing that highlights reels miss is the work they do shutting down angles and passes by the opposition. A number of passing teams have "bad days" against Spurs - largely because of the role Jenas plays in shutting off passing options. Doesn't make the highlights like that 30-yard screamer or cross-field ball from Lampard or Gerrard (most of which don't come off), or pacey dribble (that often has no end product) from SWP or Lennon but incredibly valuable.

There's a reason England play better with Lampard in the team, it's not just sheilding the defence, it's retaining the ball.
One of the reasons Spain are so successful is they have an entire team that does this - Xavi and Iniesta at the centre of it making hundreds of  successful passes that retain possession.

What makes Gerrard so attractive to ordinary followers of the game is. . . .the things that Gerrard does well, Gerrard does brilliantly well. The downside is that the things that Gerrard is not such a natural at, such as tackling or maintaining discipline, he is irritatingly dire at it. This is why it is unrealistic and a waste of talent to expect Gerrard to be mentioned in the same breath as Carrick, Xavi, Iniesta, Alonso, Lampard in the midfield position role.
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by DrKitaun(m): 5:28pm On Apr 02, 2009
~Sauron~:

What makes Gerrard so attractive to ordinary followers of the game is. . . .the things that Gerrard does well, Gerrard does brilliantly well. The downside is that the things that Gerrard is not such a natural at, such as tackling or maintaining discipline, he is irritatingly dire at it.

u just blew ur own argument . . .

what else do u want in a WORLD CLASS MATCH-WINNING MIDFIELDER ? grin

BE THE BEST AT WHAT U KNOW HOW TO DO BEST ! cool

does Gerrard need to be the best at tackling ? how good a ball/man marker was Zizou in his days ? J J Okocha ?

what maintenance of discipline are u talking about here ?
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by Sauron1: 5:38pm On Apr 02, 2009
Dr Kitaun:

u just blew ur own argument . . .

what else do u want in a WORLD CLASS MATCH-WINNING MIDFIELDER ? grin

BE THE BEST AT WHAT U KNOW HOW TO DO BEST ! cool

does Gerrard need to be the best at tackling ? how good a ball/man marker was Zizou in his days ? J J Okocha ?

what maintenance of discipline are u talking about here ?

There are so many things a midfielder must learn. . . . .Gerrard is good at some and very poor in the others.
I will take a player that is 80% good in all the things a midfielder must do than a GERRARD that is 100% in half and 0% in the other half.
Gerrard lacks discipline and he cannot make simple passes. . . . . . .His stupidity has caused tonnes of woes on England.
Can u remember his back pass to the goalie in Euro 2004 that Henry latched on?? France got a penalty and Zidane scored from it. . . . .
Those little things are what makes Gerrard undisciplined. It takes a seasoned observer to spot those.
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by DrKitaun(m): 5:45pm On Apr 02, 2009
ok we are crucifying him based on a game of 5 years ago aight ?

clap for urself clap clap clap . . .how brilliant ! shocked grin grin
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by Ibime(m): 5:48pm On Apr 02, 2009
~Sauron~:

Can u remember his back pass to the goalie in Euro 2004 that Henry latched on?? France got a penalty and Zidane scored from it. . . . .

can you imagine. . . . English media tried to blame David James for that nonsense. . . . talk about media bias in England. . . . that was the perfect example of how English media hype and treat Gerrard to the extent that the hype has infected the brainwaves of people who live on the equator such as Dr Kit, tkb419 etc. grin
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by tkb417(m): 5:51pm On Apr 02, 2009
can you imagine. . . . English media tried to blame David James for that nonsense. . . . talk about media bias in England. . . . that was the perfect example of how English media hype and treat Gerrard to the extent that the hype has infected the brainwaves of people who live on the equator such as Dr Kit, tkb419 etc.
i dont have ur time now, im busy with some chocos here

ill be back to slap ur dirty mouth soon grin
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by Sauron1: 6:03pm On Apr 02, 2009
Ibime:

can you imagine. . . . English media tried to blame David James for that nonsense. . . . talk about media bias in England. . . . that was the perfect example of how English media hype and treat Gerrard to the extent that the hype has infected the brainwaves of people who live on the equator such as Dr Kit, tkb419 etc. grin

English medial always blame Gerrard's mistake on anyone. . . . . .The players around him are always the sacrificial lamb.
If it was so conspicuous, they blame the pitch, the angle of the sunrays or the opponents.
Gerrard has no discipline. . . . . . 80% of his passes get intercepted cos he doesn't like to do simple things.
Players like Lampard, Makelele, Iniesta, Carrick, Barry, Alonso make simple passes that let their team retain possession.
When your opponents don't have the ball. . . . . . .They pose no threats.

Dr Kitaun:

ok we are crucifying him based on a game of 5 years ago aight ?
clap for urself clap clap clap . . .how brilliant ! shocked grin grin

It seems you started following Gerrard last year. . . . .
Have u forgotten the game at Highbury?? Arsenal Vs Liverpool, the game tied 1-1 until Gerrard laid another moronic back pass that Henry scored from??
What made it annoying was Gerrard wasn't even under pressure. How spastic can a midfielder get??

. . . . . . .Liverpool looked set to finish the stronger and Lehmann was relieved as Garcia's fearsome volley was partially blocked by Phillipe Senderos.
But their world fell apart in the space of a couple of minutes. First Alonso was sent off for a second yellow card, and seconds later, Gerrard's back pass laid the ball on a plate for Henry who rounded Reina to score.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/4773704.stm
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by Ibime(m): 6:06pm On Apr 02, 2009
~Sauron~:

English medial always blame Gerrard's mistake on anyone. . . . . .The players around him are always the sacrificial lamb.
If it was so conspicuous, they blame the pitch, the angle of the sunrays or the opponents.

hehehehehe. . . .

If possible, they would blame Rafa Benitez himself for playing him in the 'wrong position'. . . . as if Gerrard himself knows his own position. . . .
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by Sauron1: 6:14pm On Apr 02, 2009
Ibime:

hehehehehe. . . .
If possible, they would blame Rafa Benitez himself for playing him in the 'wrong position'. . . . as if Gerrard himself knows his own position. . . .

Gerrard gave Arsenal the vital 3 points that made em edge Tottenham out of the Champions League spot in the 2005/6 season.
This was how The Independent told the story. . . . . .

Steven Gerrard, the architect of the crucial move - Thierry Henry the finisher. It may read like a Roman Abramovich transfer fantasy, but instead it was the decisive moment in an extraordinary match that handed Arsenal the initiative once more in the race for the fourth Champions' League place. And it was a twist in the season that Liverpool's inspirational captain will want to forget.

There had been drama enough before Gerrard collected the ball in the 83rd minute, turned back to his own goal and sent the ball towards Jose Reina a split second before realising that Henry lurked in wait. It was a moment that replicated his mistake in England's Euro 2004 first-round defeat to France in all but the conclusion. Then Henry was fouled by David James and Zinedine Zidane converted the winning penalty; this time the Arsenal striker completed the job himself.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/arsenal-2-liverpool-1-fabregas-completes-a-week-to-remember-469692.html
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by tkb417(m): 7:26pm On Apr 02, 2009
its actually hilarious how you guys have been dwelling on what Gerrard has done bad but not remembering the fantastic stuffs hes done on the field.

nyways, you guys can say anything so far it makes you feel good.
However, it doesnt take anythin away from the guy being one of the best in the world, better than all the schmucks you guys have been shouting.

Players make mistakes/blunders that kill off the game once in a while and that wouldnt reduce the quality in them. Recently, scholes have suddenly turned a volleyball player, how do u explain that?

Own goals have been scored by great players, passing to the opponent to score isnt an anomaly; on the field of play, anything can happen
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by Sauron1: 9:00pm On Apr 02, 2009
@ tkb417,

No one is trying to pull Gerrard down. . . . .We are just highlighting the fact that Gerrard is technically inept compared to fantastic midfielders like Xavi and Iniesta. U won't see a lot on TV as the camera follows the ball everywhere it goes.
Are u aware Podolski slapped Ballack last night in Wales?? grin grin grin
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by tocdee(m): 11:36pm On Apr 02, 2009
Gerrard is in the running for PFA footballer of the year alongside Vidic. He won the monthly awards for January and February and was nominated for several others including this month's. The truth is, he's good enough for the people that actually matter i.e top players, pundits, managers and the PFA. So Sauron and Ibime's arguments pointing to a single mistake in that match could be flushed down the nearest drain. He makes mistakes BUT who doesn't? Rooney?

Another myth is that of a lack of discipline and poor tackling skills. My answer: watch more Liverpool matches and less England matches (where he's utilized poorly). If he's indisciplined in tackling, how come he's picked up only a single red card in his past 4 seasons (against Everton 2005/2006) whilst winning back possession on many occasions?

As for his goal scoring, he's scored over 65 goals since the 2006/2007 season! He's hit 21 already this season with about 7 from the penalty spot. And he isn't even a striker!

I can be a bit hard to please BUT I find these figures very satisfying indeed.
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by Sauron1: 11:53pm On Apr 02, 2009
tocdee:

Gerrard is in the running for PFA footballer of the year alongside Vidic. He won the monthly awards for January and February and was nominated for several others including this month's. The truth is, he's good enough for the people that actually matter i.e top players, pundits, managers and the PFA. So Sauron and Ibime's arguments pointing to a single mistake in that match could be flushed down the nearest drain. He makes mistakes BUT who doesn't? Rooney?

Stop feeding us chaff here. . . . . , This is not a pub where you misinform the drunkards.
Vidic won the PFA player of the month in January. . . . .Jaglieka won it in February(Vidic shoulda won that too as United won all their games in Feb.)
Gerrard will certainly win the one in March so case closed.
Players, Pundits and Managers will always say stuffs based on current form. I can bring out what managers/top players said about Scholes in the past.

Another myth is that of a lack of discipline and poor tackling skills. My answer: watch more Liverpool matches and less England matches (where he's utilized poorly). If he's indisciplined in tackling, how come he's picked up only a single red card in his past 4 seasons (against Everton 2005/2006) whilst winning back possession on many occasions?

This is because he is well protected.
Gerrard dives more than Ronaldo but he doesn't get carded cos he is English. . . . . .Everyone knows that.
Fans of other clubs always wonder when Gerrard would get booked for taking his dives. It's not a myth.
Stevie G lacks discipline in the midfield.

As for his goal scoring, he's scored over 65 goals since the 2006/2007 season! He's hit 21 already this season with about 7 from the penalty spot. And he isn't even a striker!

Who cares?? If those goals don't push Liverpool to win a league title, they woulda counted for nothing.
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by A40(m): 1:51am On Apr 03, 2009
~Sauron~:

2003/4, Shevchenko was better than Henry then. Forget the goals scored in the domestic league.
Henry had the advantage of freekicks and penalty kicks. . . . . .Something most strikers don't have in their clubs.

2004/5, Diego Forlan, Samuel Etoo were better than him.
Says who? we all know the 04 Balon D'Or was a fraud Henry was Europe's premier striker that season if France had fared better in the Euros he would have won it besides is it his fault that he has the ability to score penalty kicks and bend free kicks isn't that enough to prove he is aclass apart from Shevchenko

Forlan ko! Ogbeche ni! bottomline he won the award back to back which means he was the best striker in Europe for 2 seasons running.QED
Ibime:

~Sauron~:

There are so many things a midfielder must learn. . . . .Gerrard is good at some and very poor in the others.
I will take a player that is 80% good in all the things a midfielder must do than a GERRARD that is 100% in half and 0% in the other half.
Gerrard lacks discipline and he cannot make simple passes. . . . . . .His stupidity has caused tonnes of woes on England.
Those little things are what makes Gerrard undisciplined. It takes a seasoned observer to spot those.
Its a two-way street. .Y'all can blame Gerrard for the backpass and i can blame David Beckham for failing to convert his spot-kick and make the scoreline 2-0 minutes earlier
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by Sauron1: 2:13am On Apr 03, 2009
A-40:

Says who? we all know the 04 Balon D'Or was a fraud Henry was Europe's premier striker that season if France had fared better in the Euros he would have won it besides is it his fault that he has the ability to score penalty kicks and bend free kicks isn't that enough to prove he is aclass apart from Shevchenko

Henry's goals amounted to nothing. . . . . . .
Ruud Van Nistelrooy scored 44 goals in 2002/3. . . . . .I didn't hear Man Utd fans pushing his luck to become Ballon d'Or that season.
Whatever Henry felt he musta achieved in 2003/4, Ruud did better the previous season.
He won back to back golden boot in the Champions League(breaking the all time record in both seasons), He also won EPL's golden boot that same season. Arsenal fans should forget it. . . . . . .Henry came short in 03/04.

Forlan ko! Ogbeche ni! bottomline he won the award back to back which means he was the best striker in Europe for 2 seasons running.QED

Forlan won it joint with Henry in one of em seasons, remember??

Its a two-way street. .Y'all can blame Gerrard for the backpass and i can blame David Beckham for failing to convert his spot-kick and make the scoreline 2-0 minutes earlier

Anybody can miss a penalty. . . . . . .Beckham shot on target, Barthez saved.
He was once Beckham's team mate at Man Utd and he knew where Beckham would place the ball. It was a cake-walk for Fabien.
Gerrard laid a senseless back pass without being pressured. . . . . .That was a CARDINAL SIN. grin
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by A40(m): 2:42am On Apr 03, 2009
~Sauron~:

Henry's goals amounted to nothing. . . . . . .
Ruud Van Nistelrooy scored 44 goals in 2002/3. . . . . .I didn't hear Man Utd fans pushing his luck to become Ballon d'Or that season.
Whatever Henry felt he musta achieved in 2003/4, Ruud did better the previous season.
He won back to back golden boot in the Champions League(breaking the all time record in both seasons), He also won EPL's golden boot that same season. Arsenal fans should forget it. . . . . . .Henry came short in 03/04.

Lets forget that you have a bias for Man U can you sincerely compare the range of Henry's goals to Ruud van Horseface's? can you sit down and watch a DVD of his tap-in's from balls that have practically crossed the goal line already?  grin grin i can remember a game where he scored like 3 tap-ins against some Eastern European club besides how come he could only manage to score more than Henry in the Prem just once and by a single goal?

~Sauron~:

Forlan won it joint with Henry in one of em seasons, remember??
Yeah but Henry's name was in the awards so he still he two European Golden boot's to his name

~Sauron~:

Anybody can miss a penalty. . . . . . .Beckham shot on target, Barthez saved.
He was once Beckham's team mate at Man Utd and he knew where Beckham would place the ball. It was a cake-walk for Fabien.
Gerrard laid a senseless back pass without being pressured. . . . . .That was a CARDINAL SIN. grin
Beckham was naive how could he forget that Barthez was his old goalie? the more reason he should have tried something different don't you think?

Gerrard is not the only person to throw a senseless back-pass Gary Neville also did it against the Croats  grin grin
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by tocdee(m): 6:42am On Apr 03, 2009
~Sauron~:

Stop feeding us chaff here. . . . . , This is not a pub where you misinform the drunkards.
Vidic won the PFA player of the month in January. . . . .Jaglieka won it in February(Vidic shoulda won that too as United won all their games in Feb.)
Gerrard will certainly win the one in March so case closed.

I meant December and January BUT whenever I feel you couldn't get any sillier, you go ahead and out-do yourself. Let's go to the classroom:

http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-league/pfa-fans-premier-league-player-of-the-month-winner

Sept = Steven Gerrard
Oct = Geovanni
Nov = Cristiano Ronaldo
Dec = Steven Gerrard
Jan = Steven Gerrard
Feb = Fernando Torres
Mar = Aaron Lennon

3 awards out of 7.
Where's your excellent Vidic? Not even one! Duh!
And these awards are made by fans NOT pundits. tongue

For more information
Visit: www.givemefootball.com
Email: contact@givemefootball.com
Phone: 0207 195 0095

~Sauron~:

Who cares?? If those goals don't push Liverpool to win a league title, they woulda counted for nothing.

Yeah! And if Noah's ark didn't save the rest of the world, what was the point of him building it? I thought we were discussing Gerrard as a player here, not Liverpool.
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by tkb417(m): 7:49am On Apr 03, 2009
@ tkb417,

No one is trying to pull Gerrard down. . . . .We are just highlighting the fact that Gerrard is technically inept compared to fantastic midfielders like Xavi and Iniesta. U won't see a lot on TV as the camera follows the ball everywhere it goes.
Are u aware Podolski slapped Ballack last night in Wales??

Podolski slapped Ballack shocked shocked

That slap was long overdue.
Klose to 'woze' him next
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by Ibime(m): 9:41am On Apr 03, 2009
A-40:

Lets forget that you have a bias for Man U can you sincerely compare the range of Henry's goals to Ruud van Horseface's? can you sit down and watch a DVD of his tap-in's from balls that have practically crossed the goal line already? grin grin i can remember a game where he scored like 3 tap-ins against some Eastern European club besides how come he could only manage to score more than Henry in the Prem just once and by a single goal?

If their sojourn in Spain should prove anything, that would be that Henry is no match for Van the Man as a striker. Van did it everywhere, Henry could only do it at a club where he was put on a pedestal. Flopped at Juve, partially-flopping at Barca. Van the Man was the King of Madrid up until his injury.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Manchester City Vs Norwich City (5 - 0) On 26th July 2020 / Pep Guardiola Set To Step Down As Barcelona Manager / Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.