Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,064 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Most Overated Player In The Premier League - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Most Overated Player In The Premier League (7438 Views)

Is Cristiano Ronaldo The Most Complete Player In The Planet? / Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2013/2014 / Alex Ferguson & Ryan Giggs Named Best Manager & Player In EPL History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by Sauron1: 1:37pm On Apr 03, 2009
tocdee:

I meant December and January BUT whenever I feel you couldn't get any sillier, you go ahead and out-do yourself. Let's go to the classroom:

http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-league/pfa-fans-premier-league-player-of-the-month-winner

Sept = Steven Gerrard
Oct = Geovanni
Nov = Cristiano Ronaldo
Dec = Steven Gerrard
Jan = Steven Gerrard
Feb = Fernando Torres
Mar = Aaron Lennon

3 awards out of 7.
Where's your excellent Vidic? Not even one! Duh!
And these awards are made by fans NOT pundits. tongue

PFA fans player of the month is the inferior award, you dolt.
Illiteracy is your biggest infection. . . . . . .The main Barclay's player of the month award is decided by soccer pundits.
They also award manager of the month. PFA player of the year will be decided by the PFA not Liverpool fans who spent so much time online as 90% of em are currently jobless.

These are the official Barclay's player of the month this season.

For August 2008 - Deco (Chelsea)

For September 2008 – Ashley Young (Aston Villa)

For October 2008 – Frank Lampard (Chelsea)

For November 2008 – Nicolas Anelka (Chelsea)

For December 2008 – Ashley Young (Aston Villa)

For January 2009 - Neumanja Vidic (Man Utd)

For February 2009 - Phil Jagielka (Everton)

For March 2009 - Yet to be decided.

As you can see, Steven Gerrard has never won Barclay's player of the month this season.
I still dunno how Gerrard won the fans' award in December(when his team dropped a massive 6 points) and January(when his team did not win a single premier league game). Any moronic fan like you can log online and keep clicking on Gerrard to up his votes. So it is an inferior award.
Gerrard will not win the Barclay's Player of the year award if he doesn't win at least 2 player of the month laurels.
U need to dust your footie acumen.  He will defly win the PFA fan's award though(Scousers would let him win it).

Yeah! And if Noah's ark didn't save the rest of the world, what was the point of him building it? I thought we were discussing Gerrard as a player here, not Liverpool.

Gerrard as a player is useless. . . . . . .Rooney has made him look so inferior in the last 2 Internationals.
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by A40(m): 2:23pm On Apr 03, 2009
Ibime:

If their sojourn in Spain should prove anything, that would be that Henry is no match for Van the Man as a striker. Van did it everywhere, Henry could only do it at a club where he was put on a pedestal. Flopped at Juve, partially-flopping at Barca. Van the Man was the King of Madrid up until his injury.
Bad belle! i did not say Van was not the man i was talking about their range of goals i asked if he can sincerely sit down and watch a DVD of Van Nistelrooy's tap-in's besides if he is so good why is he never in the running for any major individual awards? make i hear word jare he flopped at Juve indeed how old was he when he joined Juve?
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by Sauron1: 2:42pm On Apr 03, 2009
A-40:

Bad belle! i did not say Van was not the man i was talking about their range of goals i asked if he can sincerely sit down and watch a DVD of Van Nistelrooy's tap-in's besides if he is so good why is he never in the running for any major individual awards? make i hear word jare he flopped at Juve indeed how old was he when he joined Juve?

Does it matter how a player scores his goals??
Filippo Inzaghi is the master of tap-ins and pundits will still rate him ahead of Henry in the hall of fame as far as European legends are concerned.
Henry was a local champion. . . . . .He never won UEFA Champions League golden boot throughout his stay at Arsenal.

Meanwhile, Ruud has won the golden boot award in Holland, England and Spain.
Whatz more?? Ruud won 3 UCL golden boot awards THRICE in his 5 seasons at Man Utd.
Ruud is the better striker. . . . . . . .
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by A40(m): 3:26pm On Apr 03, 2009
~Sauron~:

Does it matter how a player scores his goals??
Filippo Inzaghi is the master of tap-ins and pundits will still rate him ahead of Henry in the hall of fame as far as European legends are concerned.
Henry was a local champion. . . . . .He never won UEFA Champions League golden boot throughout his stay at Arsenal.

Meanwhile, Ruud has won the golden boot award in Holland, England and Spain.
Whatz more?? Ruud won 3 UCL golden boot awards THRICE in his 5 seasons at Man Utd.
Ruud is the better striker. . . . . . . .
I thought you said Pippo was shyte not too long ago when we where juxtaposing him with Berba-dog anything to put an ex-Gunner down right? Henry is the more accomplished player like it or not he has been a success at club and International level highest goal scorer of all-time for France
Local champion indeed there are a lot of players that never won the UCL golden boot Ronaldo de Lima was one of them but would that dull his shine or Henry's? Nope

Ruud might be the better striker in the UCL but that's up for debate they played in the same league for 5 seasons or more and Van Horseface only topped him once

Bottomline Henry is a far better all round player than Van Horseface and that's not debatable
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by Sauron1: 3:51pm On Apr 03, 2009
A-40:

I thought you said Pippo was shyte not too long ago when we where juxtaposing him with Berba-dog anything to put an ex-Gunner down right? Henry is the more accomplished player like it or not he has been a success at club and International level highest goal scorer of all-time for France

Being the highest goal scorer for France means shyte. It only shows France has dire strikers in their history.
Berbatov is not the highest goal scorer for Bulgaria and he has scored more international goals than Henry.
Hossam Hassan has scored more international goals than Henry, does that make him better??

Local champion indeed there are a lot of players that never won the UCL golden boot Ronaldo de Lima was one of them but would that dull his shine or Henry's? Nope

Ronaldo de Lima did not play enough Champions League games as Henry.
If his team was qualifying every season plus if he had stayed off injury, he woulda scored plenty.

Ruud might be the better striker in the UCL but that's up for debate they played in the same league for 5 seasons or more and Van Horseface only topped him once

Henry is the better player, Ruud is the better STRIKER.

Bottomline Henry is a far better all round player than Van Horseface and that's not debatable

Bottomline, Ruud is a far better STRIKER than Thierry Henry.
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by A40(m): 4:12pm On Apr 03, 2009
~Sauron~:

Being the highest goal scorer for France means shyte. It only shows France has dire strikers in their history.
Berbatov is not the highest goal scorer for Bulgaria and he has scored more international goals than Henry.
Hossam Hassan has scored more international goals than Henry, does that make him better??
Did Hossam Hasan play in the World Cup or Euros? how many World class Internationals did he feature in? with Berbatov its similar would you compare the kind of games and tourneys Henry would score to the likes Berbatov would score? 2 Berbatov goals = 1 Henry goal grin grin
You where talking of Hall of Fame awards and that is why i brought Henry's international record to prove to you that he has killed two birds with one stone and hence would be mentioned before Pippo

~Sauron~:

Ronaldo de Lima did not play enough Champions League games as Henry.
If his team was qualifying every season plus if he had stayed off injury, he woulda scored plenty.
That's too bad i don't care!! is he not supposed to be the phenomenon? why couldn't he lead PSV,Barca or Real to consistent UCL performance and hey i am not saying Ronaldo is not one of the greatest i am just saying that every player has their flaws

~Sauron~:

Henry is the better player, Ruud is the better STRIKER.
Co-signed,Debatable tongue

~Sauron~:

Bottomline, Ruud is a far better STRIKER than Thierry Henry.
Debatable again!
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by Sauron1: 4:29pm On Apr 03, 2009
A-40:

Did Hossam Hasan play in the World Cup or Euros? how many World class Internationals did he feature in? with Berbatov its similar would you compare the kind of games and tourneys Henry would score to the likes Berbatov would score? 2 Berbatov goals = 1 Henry goal grin grin

Berbatov scored 80% of his goals playing in the qualifiers for the Euros or the world cup.
He was scoring against the same teams Henry musta scored against as well.
Therefore, 1 Dimitar goal = 1 Henry goal. A school of thought will even go as far as saying 1 Dimitar goal = 3 Henry goals as Henry played with world class players like Zidane, Makelele, Vieira and Ribery. Berbatov is all alone for Bulgaria.

You where talking of Hall of Fame awards and that is why i brought Henry's international record to prove to you that he has killed two birds with one stone and hence would be mentioned before Pippo.

We have trashed this debate on Nairaland.
Henry's prolific record in the Premiership didn't manifest in other competitions. Take Henry out of the PREM and he is average.
Ruud won the Pichichi in his first season at Real Madrid. Henry cannot win it this season(his sophomore).

That's too bad i don't care!! is he not supposed to be the phenomenon? why couldn't he lead PSV,Barca or Real to consistent UCL performance and hey i am not saying Ronaldo is not one of the greatest i am just saying that every player has their flaws

Ronaldo had no flaws in his prime. He was only unlucky with injuries and playing for the odd clubs.
Had he crossed to a Prem side like Arsenal/Man Utd who haven't failed yet to qualify for the UCL in the past decade, he woulda scored plenty.
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by A40(m): 5:24pm On Apr 03, 2009
~Sauron~:

Berbatov scored 80% of his goals playing in the qualifiers for the Euros or the world cup.
He was scoring against the same teams Henry musta scored against as well.
Therefore, 1 Dimitar goal = 1 Henry goal. A school of thought will even go as far as saying 1 Dimitar goal = 3 Henry goals as Henry played with world class players like Zidane, Makelele, Vieira and Ribery.  Berbatov is all alone for Bulgaria.
How many goals has Berbatov scored in major tournaments like the World Cup or Euro's? this is where Henry shades it obviously your arithmetic can't work simply because unlike Bulgaria Henry cannot monopolize goal-scoring when the likes of Zidane,Trezeguet and Ribery are around so simple logic would tell you it would be impossible for Henry to match Berbatov's numbers since he is not the proverbial one-eyed King leading the blind

~Sauron~:

We have trashed this debate on Nairaland.
Henry's prolific record in the Premiership didn't manifest in other competitions. Take Henry out of the PREM and he is average.
Ruud won the Pichichi in his first season at Real Madrid. Henry cannot win it this season(his sophomore).
In the World Cup,Euro's and other major competitions Henry has a good scoring record the difference between him and RVN is very minute besides he was deployed as a winger for God sake now tell me how his productivity would not wane how many 30 year old's play on the flank? Do you agree though that Henry won the EPL battle against Ruud?

~Sauron~:

Ronaldo had no flaws in his prime. He was only unlucky with injuries and playing for the odd clubs.
Had he crossed to a Prem side like Arsenal/Man Utd who haven't failed yet to qualify for the UCL in the past decade, he woulda scored plenty.
Ronaldo did have flaws my friend he was aerially deficient he could not lift his butt off the ground  grin grin.He would have flopped in the Prem jare please show me how many Brazilians have succeeded in the league don't let his hat-trick against your team fool ya Ronaldo would have struggled in the Prem
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by Sauron1: 5:38pm On Apr 03, 2009
A-40:

How many goals has Berbatov scored in major tournaments like the World Cup or Euro's? this is where Henry shades it obviously your arithmetic can't work simply because unlike Bulgaria Henry cannot monopolize goal-scoring when the likes of Zidane,Trezeguet and Ribery are around so simple logic would tell you it would be impossible for Henry to match Berbatov's numbers since he is not the proverbial one-eyed King leading the blind

Bulgaria did not qualify for the last Euros/World Cup. . . . . .He cannot play in a competition his country did not qualify for.
Henry cannot monopolize goal-scoring in France but he could monopolize it with Arsenal with the likes of Pires, Vieria, Wiltord and Dennis Bergkamp??
Arsenal's best 11 in 2003/4 will beat France bluish-blackish. Do u agree with that??

In the World Cup,Euro's and other major competitions Henry has a good scoring record the difference between him and RVN is very minute besides he was deployed as a winger for God sake now tell me how his productivity would not wane how many 30 year old's play on the flank? Do you agree though that Henry won the EPL battle against Ruud?

Ruud won the EPL battle. . . . . . .
He had a quicker impact. He won the PFA award in his debut season.
How many players have achieved that in this league?? In his 2nd season, he won the golden boot.
At Man Utd, he won the UCL golden boot THRICE in 5 seasons. . . . . . .Henry is not even known in the Champions League.

The difference between Henry/RVN in international goals ain't minute. . . . .It is monumental.
48 goals in 111 appearances for Henry(0.43)
33 goals in 64 appearances for Ruud(0.51)

Ronaldo did have flaws my friend he was aerially deficient he could not lift his butt off the ground  grin grin.He would have flopped in the Prem jare please show me how many Brazilians have succeeded in the league don't let his hat-trick against your team fool ya Ronaldo would have struggled in the Prem

How is Ronaldo aerially deficient when Brazil play 98% of their football on the ground??
The best strike partnership in Brazil was Ronaldo + Romario in 96 & 97.
None of em could head the ball but the amount of goals they scored for Brazil in those years were humongous.

Luiz Ronaldo is the most complete striker planet Earth has ever produced.
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by Ibime(m): 5:53pm On Apr 03, 2009
A-40:

OMG!!!

The young shall grow!

This is blasphemy. There is a very strong case for young Ronaldo being the greatest player that ever lived. He is the greatest player of my generation. Dude turned up weighing 100kg at WC, having not played for 3 years and still smashed 8 goals, a return not seen since Gerd Muller in 1970 when football was more open.

Im dumbfounded.
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by Sauron1: 6:01pm On Apr 03, 2009
He has scored 5 goals in 7 appearances for Corinthians already after his comeback one month ago.
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by A40(m): 6:04pm On Apr 03, 2009
~Sauron~:

Bulgaria did not qualify for the last Euros/World Cup. . . . . .He cannot play in a competition his country did not qualify for.
Henry cannot monopolize goal-scoring in France but he could monopolize it with Arsenal with the likes of Pires, Vieria, Wiltord and Dennis Bergkamp??
Arsenal's best 11 in 2003/4 will beat France bluish-blackish. Do u agree with that??

Which is why you should recognize the importance of Henry's goals as some where scored in bigger competitions so don't compare Berbatov's stats to Henry when you know they are not on a level playing field
Pires and Wiltord where not starters for the French team anyway so you can't exactly compare especially when they had guys like Zidane,Djorkaeff and Trezeguet repping for Les Bleus
How would Arsenal's first eleven square off against France's? who would Henry and Vieira play for? besides Pires,Bergkamp and Wiltord chipped in their fair share of goals

~Sauron~:

Ruud won the EPL battle. . . . . . .
He had a quicker impact. He won the PFA award in his debut season.
How many players have achieved that in this league?? In his 2nd season, he won the golden boot.
At Man Utd, he won the UCL golden boot THRICE in 5 seasons. . . . . . .Henry is not even known in the Champions League.
# PFA Players' Player of the Year: 2002–03, 2003–04
# European Golden Boot: 2004, 2005
# Premier League top scorer: 2001–02, 2003–04, 2004–05, 2005–06.
PFA Team of the Year: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006

Those are Henry's stats so i don't know what battle you are talking about who was voted best foreigner to ever play in the league? by the way that's your take home assignment  tongue.Henry came to the league when he turned 22 Van Nistelrooy was 25 when he came into the league who would be more likely to have a better debut season?

~Sauron~:

The difference between Henry/RVN in international goals ain't minute. . . . .It is monumental.
48 goals in 111 appearances for Henry(0.43)
33 goals in 64 appearances for Ruud(0.51)
You call a 0.08 differential monumental.Boi you need Jesus!! i want to see your Maths teacher

~Sauron~:

How is Ronaldo aerially deficient when Brazil play 98% of their football on the ground??
The best strike partnership in Brazil was Ronaldo + Romario in 96 & 97.
None of em could head the ball but the amount of goals they scored for Brazil in those years were humongous.
Luiz Ronaldo is the most complete striker planet Earth has ever produced.
He was aerially deficient abeg you said what flaw did he have and i gave it to you i don't care if they scored a gazillion goals bottomline Ronaldo was poor in the air and that is why his game suffered and he became prone to injury because defenders got tired of seeing him breeze past them
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by A40(m): 6:06pm On Apr 03, 2009
Ibime:

OMG!!!

The young shall grow!

This is blasphemy. There is a very strong case for young Ronaldo being the greatest player that ever lived. He is the greatest player of my generation. Dude turned up weighing 100kg at WC, having not played for 3 years and still smashed 8 goals, a return not seen since Gerd Muller in 1970 when football was more open.

Im dumbfounded.
Ronaldo had flaws he could not jump se!! Don't get me wrong i still feel Ronaldo was the best but all i am saying is he was not good in the air that was his flaw
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by Sauron1: 6:22pm On Apr 03, 2009
A-40:

Which is why you should recognize the importance of Henry's goals as some where scored in bigger competitions so don't compare Berbatov's stats to Henry when you know they are not on a level playing field
Pires and Wiltord where not starters for the French team anyway so you can't exactly compare especially when they had guys like Zidane,Djorkaeff and Trezeguet repping for Les Bleus
How would Arsenal's first eleven square off against France's? who would Henry and Vieira play for? besides Pires,Bergkamp and Wiltord chipped in their fair share of goals

ALL Berbatov's 41 international goals couldn't have been against shit countries. Large % of those goals were scored against giants of Europe.
Arsenal will have the chance to choose all their French players. Did u not say Henry was surrounded by Zidane, Trezeguet and Ribery and that was why Henry couldn't monopolise all the goals in France?? Wenger will get to choose Pires, Wiltord and Vieira.
I can stake me balls on it. The Arsenal side of 2003/4 woulda beaten France 10-0(home and away).

# PFA Players' Player of the Year: 2002–03, 2003–04
# European Golden Boot: 2004, 2005
# Premier League top scorer: 2001–02, 2003–04, 2004–05, 2005–06.
PFA Team of the Year: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006

This don't mean shit. . . . . . . .It took Henry 2-3 seasons to justify his price-tag at Arsenal.
Ruud ripped it on his debut and he never looked back till he was sold off to Madrid.
Age shouldn't be used as an excuse to justify Henry's mediocrity in em early days?? How old was Anelka when he was at Arsenal??

You call a 0.08 differential monumental.Boi you need Jesus!! i want to see your Maths teacher

0.08 is monumental as far as goal ratio is concerned.
That means Ruud is 8% better than Henry.

He was aerially deficient abeg you said what flaw did he have and i gave it to you i don't care if they scored a gazillion goals bottomline Ronaldo was poor in the air and that is why his game suffered and he became prone to injury because defenders got tired of seeing him breeze past them

Ronaldo is the only striker i know with no flaws.
In his prime, there's no striker in the world better than him.
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by A40(m): 6:39pm On Apr 03, 2009
~Sauron~:

ALL Berbatov's 41 international goals couldn't have been against shit countries. Large % of those goals were scored against giants of Europe.
Arsenal will have the chance to choose all their French players. Did u not say Henry was surrounded by Zidane, Trezeguet and Ribery and that was why Henry couldn't monopolise all the goals in France?? Wenger will get to choose Pires, Wiltord and Vieira.
I can stake me balls on it. The Arsenal side of 2003/4 woulda beaten France 10-0(home and away).
Could you by any means list yours? i would happily list mine grin grin Czech Republic,Denmark,Portugal,Germany,Italy tell me when to stop man going away from Europe i forgot to mention the Baba of World Football "BRAZIL"

No problemo you would simply end up as an eunuch grin grin no team could beat the World and European Champions that ruled with an Iron fist between 1998 and 2000 when they where at the peak of their powers

~Sauron~:

This don't mean shit. . . . . . . .It took Henry 2-3 seasons to justify his price-tag at Arsenal.
Ruud ripped it on his debut and he never looked back till he was sold off to Madrid.
Age shouldn't be used as an excuse to justify Henry's mediocrity in em early days?? How old was Anelka when he was at Arsenal??
He never looked back indeed yet he only managed to outscore Henry once in the league how ill is that?It was under his nose that he won the European Golden boot 2 times back to back abi?
He was obviously not at his peak as he was being converted from a winger to a striker jeez and i thought you knew footie can you compare Anelka's achievement's to Henry's as of now? slow and steady wins the race

~Sauron~:

0.08 is monumental as far as goal ratio is concerned.
That means Ruud is 8% better than Henry.
8% is a very thick straw clutch it as hard as you can grin grin you see it as 8 % i see it as 0.08 grin

~Sauron~:

Ronaldo is the only striker i know with no flaws.
In his prime, there's no striker in the world better than him.
If you don't regard aerial strength as an attribute of a good striker then yeah he might have no flaw but don't let Batistuta,Klose or Bierhoff hear you
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by Sauron1: 6:49pm On Apr 03, 2009
A-40:

No problemo you would simply end up as an eunuch grin grin no team could beat the World and European Champions that ruled with an Iron fist between 1998 and 2000 when they where at the peak of their powers

I said the Arsenal side of 2003/4. . . . .I am not talking about 98-2000.

He never looked back indeed yet he only managed to outscore Henry once in the league how ill is that?It was under his nose that he won the European Golden boot 2 times back to back abi?

Ruud had bigger fish to fry then.
3 UCL golden boots in 5 seasons?? U don't want to compare UCL teams to the Charltons, Bradford FCs, Derby Countys, West Broms and Wolverhamptons of this world. Ruud still holds the highest goal scored in one season in the UCL.
14 goalsin 2002/3 season. . . .RESPECT!!!

He was obviously not at his peak as he was being converted from a winger to a striker jeez and i thought you knew footie can you compare Anelka's achievement's to Henry's as of now? slow and steady wins the race

Exactly ma point. . . . . . Early developer, early retirement.
Late bloomer, ageless footie.

8% is a very thick straw clutch it as hard as you can grin grin you see it as 8 % i see it as 0.08 grin

On the goal ratio stat, 0.08 is huge as it is almost impossible to have any striker with 1.00 goal/game ratio.
How many players have a ratio of 1 goal per game in their career. Only Gerd Muller in the football history.
Therefore, decimals become HUGE as far as this ratio is concerned.

If you don't regard aerial strength as an attribute of a good striker then yeah he might have no flaw but don't let Batistuta,Klose or Bierhoff hear you

Batistuta, Klose, Bierhoff never scored 34 league goals in their respective clubs.
He banged a staggering 47 goals in 49 club games in 96/97 season without his aerial strength.
Who needs aerial strength when Ronaldo has banged 62 goals in 97 appearances for Brazil.
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by DrKitaun(m): 8:16pm On Apr 03, 2009
@Sharon

dont u ever get tired of these arguments . . .

am sure the last thread on RVN vs HENRY is one of the most hotly debated threads ever, here u are spewing the same hogwash when at least u agreed then that Henry was better player but disagreed that he is a better striker. virtually every other person disagreed with u . . .

why all these repeated arguments ?

na wao . . .
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by Bobbyb(m): 9:12pm On Apr 03, 2009
@sauron, its all abt sentiments, coz THIERRY is a better player nd Striker coz his conversion rate 2 RVN is quite better, More laurels(team nd individual), more brilliant moments,mr of a leader grin grin grin grin, INFAct in d last decade d only striker beta than THIERRY was RONALDO de lima!!!!!!!!!
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by Sauron1: 9:52pm On Apr 03, 2009
Bobbyb:

@sauron, its all abt sentiments, coz THIERRY is a better player nd Striker coz his conversion rate 2 RVN is quite better, More laurels(team nd individual), more brilliant moments,mr of a leader grin grin grin grin, INFAct in d last decade d only striker beta than THIERRY was RONALDO de lima!!!!!!!!!

Classic hogwash.
Henry's brilliance never left the shores of England.
He is still unknown at Barcelona while Ruud won the Pichichi in his debut season at Madrid.
Forlan managed the same feat and Henry is still playing 2nd fiddle to Etoo and Leo Messi.

Ruud has proven himself in Holland, Spain and England(winning their golden boots).
He won 3 UCL golden boots in 5 Champions League campaign with Man Utd.
It's not rocket science, he is a goal-poacher and he's far better than Henry in the striking department.
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by tayoast(m): 11:46pm On Apr 03, 2009
Who says Lamps is over?

Another novice in the land

And what's d basis for comparing Thierry and Ruud?

The former is a striker while the latter is a finisher

Need definition of terms, call 8-2-608423 (a novice 'd do that)!
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by tocdee(m): 12:56am On Apr 04, 2009
@ Sauron

What is wrong with you? I was clearly refering to the PFA awards not the Barclays awards. What exactly makes the PFA inferior?
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by A40(m): 1:51am On Apr 04, 2009
~Sauron~:

I said the Arsenal side of 2003/4. . . . .I am not talking about 98-2000.
I don't understand your comparison are you comparing a waning 03/04 France to 03/04 Arsenal.I laugh in Cambodian lets compare 98-2000 France to 03/04 Arsenal

~Sauron~:

Ruud had bigger fish to fry then.
3 UCL golden boots in 5 seasons?? U don't want to compare UCL teams to the Charltons, Bradford FCs, Derby Countys, West Broms and Wolverhamptons of this world. Ruud still holds the highest goal scored in one season in the UCL.
14 goalsi
n 2002/3 season. . . .RESPECT!!!
Bigger fish to fry my pitch-black ass!! like there are no whack teams in the UCL the likes of Shaktar Donetsk,Lokomotiv,Slavia Prague and the other shyte Eastern European teams RVN scores freebies against! Do you wonder why RVN is always constantly overlooked for any major award

~Sauron~:

Exactly ma point. . . . . . Early developer, early retirement.
Late bloomer, ageless footie.
Not sure what this is about but ohh well Henry wins again

~Sauron~:

On the goal ratio stat, 0.08 is huge as it is almost impossible to have any striker with 1.00 goal/game ratio.
How many players have a ratio of 1 goal per game in their career. Only Gerd Muller in the football history.
Therefore, decimals become HUGE as far as this ratio is concerned.
0.08 huge? why are you making a mountain out of a molehill? Van Nistelrooy is only 0.01 higher than a 0.5 goal per game ratio and Henry is slightly lower what is the point in comparing him to Gerd Muller knowing fully well that footie these days is much tougher.This difference is minute and negligible especially when you come to look at the roles both have played for country one started out a winger and was converted to a striker the other has been a striker from the get-go

~Sauron~:

Batistuta, Klose, Bierhoff never scored 34 league goals in their respective clubs.
He banged a staggering 47 goals in 49 club games in 96/97 season without his aerial strength.
Who needs aerial strength when Ronaldo has banged 62 goals in 97 appearances for Brazil.
They where successes all the same Batistuta was probably one of the best players of the last decade.You asked me what Ronaldo lacked and i said aerial ability that was his weakness does that not make him one of the greatest strikers? Nope he is still on that list

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Manchester City Vs Norwich City (5 - 0) On 26th July 2020 / Pep Guardiola Set To Step Down As Barcelona Manager / Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.