Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,995 members, 7,817,947 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

Is My Boyfriend Right To Complain About The Way I Dress? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is My Boyfriend Right To Complain About The Way I Dress? (18592 Views)

My Boyfriend Started Acting Strange...help! / Horrific Way I Discovered My Fiancee Is Not Only A Cheat But A Prostitute. / Why Do Women Reveal Their Cleavages And Turn Around To Complain! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Go Down)

Re: Is My Boyfriend Right To Complain About The Way I Dress? by yme1(f): 7:12pm On Mar 08, 2009
`please you all lets keep it cool, no insultive words abeg.Drop your comments and bounce to the next question. ONE LOVE
Re: Is My Boyfriend Right To Complain About The Way I Dress? by DaPhoenix(f): 7:13pm On Mar 08, 2009
Udu Wudu:

@DaPhoenix

Seems you've got problems with undertsanding.
Everything  - means "everything" in which she looks good and not everything in general.

And you have got problems expressing yourself. You have already got problems sticking with one thing, you said you'll quit and you're at it again.
Re: Is My Boyfriend Right To Complain About The Way I Dress? by spikedcylinder: 7:40pm On Mar 08, 2009
All these boyfriend/girlfriend, husband/wife threads are thoroughly embarrassing.
Re: Is My Boyfriend Right To Complain About The Way I Dress? by DaPhoenix(f): 7:41pm On Mar 08, 2009
spikedcylinder:

All these boyfriend/girlfriend, husband/wife threads are thoroughly embarrassing.

I know!!! You'd think they'll know to keep it to themselves.
Re: Is My Boyfriend Right To Complain About The Way I Dress? by bluespice(f): 8:43pm On Mar 08, 2009
i thot she said the boyfriend was Georgian
how come he speaks rather types like a Lagos tout no offence?

that said im with phoenix on this
y'all should get ur shit off the web n make space for more interesting issues
n call me paranoid but me thinks boyfriend has got mental stability issues
first he's got problems with all she wears
then he's cool with all she wears
next its not all but what "suits her"
give me a fckin break
u know wat suits her, take her on a damn shopping trip n show her what u think suits her
now it comes to mami's turn
if u like it, incorporate it into ur dress style
if not ditch it, tell him its horrible (if t is)
and if he still insists on ur wearing the rags (at this time they cease to be clothes but rags) drop his sorry ass faster than a hot plate of pasta!
when did life become so damn hard to live in? angry angry
Re: Is My Boyfriend Right To Complain About The Way I Dress? by Gabry(f): 3:31am On Mar 09, 2009
Hey BF of the poster. . .

Im getting suspicious of you now. . . What are you doing intefering and looking at your gf's computer screen and budge in here like this?

Thats very rude ooo. . . If my bf is doing something on his computer, I will never look at what he is doing cause its plain rude and I would expect the same thing in return. . . U are really something ooo. . . Your momma no teach you manners abi?

No wonder these days couples do not stay long together enough. HMM! angry
Re: Is My Boyfriend Right To Complain About The Way I Dress? by oluwafemi113(m): 7:40am On Mar 09, 2009
yes ooooo
Re: Is My Boyfriend Right To Complain About The Way I Dress? by UduWudu: 8:24am On Mar 09, 2009
Hi guys smiley))
Well, I dont think that its unpolite and rude to discuss this matter here. We both decided to speak about it with you, and I wouldnt accept your suggestions to take the subject away from here smiley

The second, why dont you guys want to understand the problem? Wouldn't you complain if your GF dressed without sense as well as what would not appeal to her? Wouldn't you indicate on that? wouldn't you ask her to pay more attention on her appearnce? especially if you dont like her in those clothes sad I realy have no probs with the style, I even like her style of dressing. But she realy rarely dresses with sense. She can wear tigth jeans which realy doesnt suit her, with red boots and green vest cheesy or something like that, and when I ask her why, answer is she knows it doesnt appeal good, but she doesnt care and It makes me mad!Maybe someone likes dressing like this, but I realy dont and It makes my beib less attractive for mesad And all the staff she says here about the weather, about my attitude to jeans and sports style, about conservatism and etc, is fulishness!

To those who thinks I'm sticking on one thing:
Hiding from problems in not solution. When you dont like something you should say that, especially when it concerns your relations smiley and try to solve it. It wont dissapear itself and will lead you to the dead end, where you wont have any will to change.

Tnx smiley))
Re: Is My Boyfriend Right To Complain About The Way I Dress? by UduWudu: 9:10pm On Mar 09, 2009
Today we broke up.
Life is such fukin thing,
Re: Is My Boyfriend Right To Complain About The Way I Dress? by spikedcylinder: 9:27pm On Mar 09, 2009
She did a good thing then, getting rid of you I mean. undecided
Re: Is My Boyfriend Right To Complain About The Way I Dress? by bluespice(f): 1:34am On Mar 10, 2009
word!
Re: Is My Boyfriend Right To Complain About The Way I Dress? by Gabry(f): 1:41am On Mar 10, 2009
Dude, u really like to make a petty thing into a huge problem. When people ask you, why did you both broke up and you answered, because I hate her dressing and I cannot make up my mind on what she should wear, . Doesnt that sound pathetic? Other people broke up cause their partner abuse them or assaulted them or cheat on them but yours is because her fashion sense is not up to my taste and I dont know how should she dress. . .

Common dude, is this a joke?
Re: Is My Boyfriend Right To Complain About The Way I Dress? by Nobody: 1:48am On Mar 10, 2009
he doesnt like the way you dress, try and adjust. simple . . . case closed.

I dont see why this is an argument, i once had cause to complain about such with my ex and she promptly agreed to chance . . . heck she tells me stuff she doesnt like and i do same so long as we both think the other had a valid point. Why is this front page news by the way?
Re: Is My Boyfriend Right To Complain About The Way I Dress? by Nobody: 2:13am On Mar 10, 2009
davidylan:

he doesnt like the way you dress, try and adjust. simple . . . case closed.

I dont see why this is an argument, i once had cause to complain about such with my ex and she promptly agreed to chance . . . heck she tells me stuff she doesnt like and i do same so long as we both think the other had a valid point. Why is this front page news by the way?
Because you refused to share egushi shoup wey im pishure dey your profile.
Re: Is My Boyfriend Right To Complain About The Way I Dress? by DoubleN(m): 8:18am On Mar 10, 2009
I think our guy had another girl all along.
Re: Is My Boyfriend Right To Complain About The Way I Dress? by Gabry(f): 8:20am On Mar 10, 2009
khai_khai:

Because you refused to share egushi shoup wey im pishure dey your profile.

grin grin grin Egusi ehn? Abeg! Go cook yaself. grin
Re: Is My Boyfriend Right To Complain About The Way I Dress? by aus123(m): 8:22am On Mar 10, 2009
hum
Re: Is My Boyfriend Right To Complain About The Way I Dress? by Nobody: 8:27am On Mar 10, 2009
The problem is today he doest like her dressing - so she changes just to please him

Tomorrow he doesn't like her hair - she changes just to please him

Next day he doesn't like her make up - then she changes again just to please him

Next its her friends - she gets rid of them

and so on and so forth. Eventually he leaves her, she is stripped of all self esteem and she spirals down from there.

My question is what was she wearing when you met her? If of all the qualities a woman can possess, her dressing meant that much to the poster then it makes sense to ensure that he observed her style of dressing for a while before going out with her.

You can subtly change things without being aggressive and in her face. My hubby used to have a couple of "strange" looking shirts which I hated but I made sure that most ended up with the dark clothes cycle in the washing machine by "accident". All I did was smile sweetly, say sorry and replace with more decent looking shirts - No fuss & no hassle & self esteem intact & inplace.

Sometimes they get lost in transit between the guy who does my ironing and the laundry basket. When he does occasionally remember them I start looking for them with him with a straight face until he forgets about them again.

Recently people have started complimenting him on his shirts so now he just takes me to the shop & I pick nice ones with a few not so nice ones (dont want girls chasing my hubby) , Just joking.

No seriously I pick some & he picks some so we have a balance. Its all about give & take and as they say one mans meat is another mans poison.
Re: Is My Boyfriend Right To Complain About The Way I Dress? by Czarskit(m): 8:30am On Mar 10, 2009
@ op

Yes!
Re: Is My Boyfriend Right To Complain About The Way I Dress? by Akatamba(m): 8:32am On Mar 10, 2009
So you are not a Nigerian, what in God name are you doing in here then? You are a MUMU!
Re: Is My Boyfriend Right To Complain About The Way I Dress? by FBS: 8:40am On Mar 10, 2009
the jeans is rightly ok plus, he aint your husband yet.
If he wants you to dress feminine (I'm assuming he has his reasons?) let him take you to a boutique and clothe you up.

PS: Maybe he wants you to look very sexy? maybe he wants to see your backside rotate and vibrate? grin (just joking. no offence).
Re: Is My Boyfriend Right To Complain About The Way I Dress? by Gabry(f): 8:49am On Mar 10, 2009
Akatamba:

So you are not a Nigerian, what in God name are you doing in here then? You are a MUMU!

If she calls you a Mugu, I hope you no vex afta that ooo grin tongue
Re: Is My Boyfriend Right To Complain About The Way I Dress? by whitelexi(m): 9:49am On Mar 10, 2009
Akatamba:

Nairaland welcomes nigerians as well as friends of nigeria from all over the world. . . I'm not entirely sure Seun will be happy with your post.
Re: Is My Boyfriend Right To Complain About The Way I Dress? by UduWudu: 10:29am On Mar 10, 2009
@gabrywyl
Other people broke up cause their partner abuse them or assaulted them or cheat on them but yours is because her fashion sense is not up to my taste and I dont know how should she dress. . .
It led to aurgument, following that to assaultivness, abuse,
So everything is chain connected, and the logical end should be breaking up, as it really happened
Re: Is My Boyfriend Right To Complain About The Way I Dress? by soki2ng(m): 10:47am On Mar 10, 2009
I think his cheating and is looking for an easy ticket out of the relationship
Re: Is My Boyfriend Right To Complain About The Way I Dress? by IronButt(f): 11:03am On Mar 10, 2009
@soki2ng

u r right, but we had problems before,he discovered new problems over and over again,
and this time it was my dressing style.
oh man angry

@Akatamba

as i know this forum is open source, so you haven't right to tell me where to make my posts.
Re: Is My Boyfriend Right To Complain About The Way I Dress? by UduWudu: 11:15am On Mar 10, 2009

u r right,

how can you say that undecided?
Re: Is My Boyfriend Right To Complain About The Way I Dress? by IronButt(f): 11:22am On Mar 10, 2009
@Udu Wudu

it is not the right place to discuss our problems, no one is interested.

p.s. yes you thought it would be easy ticket out of the relationship,
but you forgot something, i already was out of it
Re: Is My Boyfriend Right To Complain About The Way I Dress? by UduWudu: 11:30am On Mar 10, 2009
@IronButt
very funny grin
OK, stay with your thoughts, Ive nothing against.

p.s. you forced me to behave like that
Re: Is My Boyfriend Right To Complain About The Way I Dress? by busygirl(f): 11:38am On Mar 10, 2009
@ boyfriend, how was she dressed when u asked her out? It's too late to start making complaints since u asked her out yourself. Just deal with it! Let her wear wateva she likes, we are all different individuals with equal rights. Even when u knew that u couldn't take it anymore, u shouldn't have spoken to her about it, shop for her, give her a treat and kindly encourage her to try out d new stuff u got her. But really, i don't see why dressing is an issue in ur relationship. Since u asked her out, and claimed u love her, u should be able to accept her with her flaws and all cheesy cheesy
Re: Is My Boyfriend Right To Complain About The Way I Dress? by UduWudu: 11:52am On Mar 10, 2009
@busygirl
awfully, terrible,
But its not the main problem
Problem is that she were getting less attractive everyday
And she did nothing to change, to deal with that
Now she's saying I was cheating grin Thats not truth, but even if it were, it would be quite normal smiley
Re: Is My Boyfriend Right To Complain About The Way I Dress? by spikedcylinder: 12:05pm On Mar 10, 2009
Udu Wudu:

@busygirl
awfully, terrible,
But its not the main problem
Problem is that she were getting less attractive everyday
And she did nothing to change, to deal with that
Now she's saying I was cheating grin Thats not truth, but even if it were, it would be quite normal smiley

The way you are relentlessly determined to tear down her self esteem is ridiculous. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

Most Embarrassing Moment Of Your Life / Is There Really Any Point Or Gain In Being A Good Girl? / Slaying Queen Post Her Nude On Facebook And Got The Insult Of Her Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.