Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,745 members, 7,831,379 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

N18,000 Minimum Wage No More Realistic –oshiomhole - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N18,000 Minimum Wage No More Realistic –oshiomhole (29064 Views)

FG Okays 29-member Panel On N56,000 Minimum Wage Demand / No New Minimum Wage, No Industrial Peace In 2017, Labour Tells FG / We Must Cut N18,000 Minimum Wage Or Sack Workers — Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N18,000 Minimum Wage No More Realistic –oshiomhole by Clinton207: 8:48pm On Jul 12, 2015
My governor got it right this time. Happy sunday friends!
Re: N18,000 Minimum Wage No More Realistic –oshiomhole by dubemivan(m): 8:54pm On Jul 12, 2015
I know this Osho baba well well, good at talking but never put to action... just to create good public image! Come see Edo naa. I was even expecting him to say he is now paying Edo civil servant #100k only t end up blabing...mtcheeew! Let him increase the pay first, yeye man that can not even pay youth corper even #1 dey rack for media. Na God go punish all this thieves and crooks in Naija!

1 Like

Re: N18,000 Minimum Wage No More Realistic –oshiomhole by abbasbo003(m): 9:20pm On Jul 12, 2015
I tire ooo

Re: N18,000 Minimum Wage No More Realistic –oshiomhole by omogin(f): 9:31pm On Jul 12, 2015
This shameless worwor should hold his mouth with his two hands. Wrecked all the local governments in Edo state to marry miss world. LGA workers and pensioners in Edo state being owed over 8months salary till date. Well na Nigeria, anybody can say anything.
Re: N18,000 Minimum Wage No More Realistic –oshiomhole by ngoziama: 1:01am On Jul 13, 2015
richidinho:
Governor Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State yesterday declared the current N18,000 minimum wage paid to Nigerian workers described as unrealistic in the wake of recent fall in the value of Nigerian currency, the Naira. Governor Oshiomhole, who noted that at N200 to one U.S. Dollar, Nigerian workers are merely earning $90 per month, at the current N18,000 minimum wage.

He condemned the poor salaries paid to the Nigerian workers even as he noted that the situation is worse at the level of public service. Governor Oshiomhole, who stated this while speaking with State House Correspondents shortly after meeting with President Muhamnadu Buhari, however did not say how much should be the ideal minimum wage.
“Let me be very clear, I believe the Nigerian worker is underpaid, particularly in the public sector. If you look at the wage trend now, you will find out that that a graduate earns Lever 8 Step 2 in the public service. If the same young man is to get a job in an oil company or some subsection of the public section, his pay will be much more.

“If a worker is confronted with endless rise in costs of living and his wages are stagnant, obviously whether you know it or not, he is already experiencing pressures on his living standard. If you look at the minimum wage when it was fixed, the exchange rate was about N140 to a dollar, so N18,000 is about $130 a month.

“ Now at N200 per dollar, N18,000 is about $90 and so you can see the only beneficiary in this kind of inflationary environment are those who have fixed assets like building. Because the more your Naira is devalued, the higher the nominal value of your assets,” he explained.

Speaking on the recent bailout to states, he lamented that the State was shortchanged by as much as N10billion in the last four years by the outgoing administration. He declared that the funds was sourced from the amount remitted by the Nigerian Liqueified Natural Gas, NLNG, but that the funds have never been remitted to the Federation Account.

“What was extraordinary is that the NLNG has over the years been remitting funds to the Federal Government. But the Federal Government illegally refused to transfer these fund to the consolidated revenue fund which belongs to the three tiers of government.

“All that President Buhari has done is in line with his commitments to ensuring that all funds and monies accruing to the Federation Account are so remitted, that he has directed the CBN to transfer the funds to the Consolidated Funds.

http://theunion.com.ng/news/n18000-minimum-wage-no-more-realistic-oshiomhole/

Yet you troubled the government as nlc chairman.Today as a failure you are , it is no longer feasible
Re: N18,000 Minimum Wage No More Realistic –oshiomhole by K114: 3:20am On Jul 13, 2015
Workers aren't paid, yet the governor/government get paid!
Re: N18,000 Minimum Wage No More Realistic –oshiomhole by K114: 3:23am On Jul 13, 2015
Uncle oshio u dey make me laff, una never fit pay 18k minimum wage finish una dey reason to increase am. Lol.
Re: N18,000 Minimum Wage No More Realistic –oshiomhole by kilode100(f): 7:01am On Jul 13, 2015
Useless short man devil!!

I am so comforted with the fact that his wife hates him and is already banging their washerman cum Gardener.

3 Likes

Re: N18,000 Minimum Wage No More Realistic –oshiomhole by enomakos(m): 9:55am On Jul 13, 2015
Juxtified:
N40,000 for now should be ideal as minimum wage
it is too small 100k is better

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ambode And Tinubu At Commemoration Of International Jazz Day / Reuben Abati Asks Kwankwaso If He Is Igbo & If His Name Is Okonkwo (Video) / PHOTO: Governor Ambode At #OLIC3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.