Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,935 members, 7,835,120 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:03 AM

N18,000 Minimum Wage No More Realistic –oshiomhole - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N18,000 Minimum Wage No More Realistic –oshiomhole (29069 Views)

FG Okays 29-member Panel On N56,000 Minimum Wage Demand / No New Minimum Wage, No Industrial Peace In 2017, Labour Tells FG / We Must Cut N18,000 Minimum Wage Or Sack Workers — Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N18,000 Minimum Wage No More Realistic –oshiomhole by Bonapart(m): 3:25pm On Jul 12, 2015
Okay
Re: N18,000 Minimum Wage No More Realistic –oshiomhole by Noloss(f): 3:26pm On Jul 12, 2015
Presently Fed govt have started slashing some public servant sal(paramilitary). Just yesterday IBEDC brout their bill it reads Netarrears: 5,530.16
Current charges :59,265.40
Vat. 2,963.27
Total. 67,758.83.

Govt kept making policies that is making life unbearable for us. Up till now I don't undestand while vat will be as high as 3k per month and my current charges is 59k. My own even beta, my neighbour own na 72k. My monthly take home is not even upto dis. Am tired of dis country. Somebody shd plss explain d sudden rise in d nepa bill n tell dem to quickly come n remove their pole afterall foul dey sup b4 corn come.
Re: N18,000 Minimum Wage No More Realistic –oshiomhole by dave2meek(m): 3:26pm On Jul 12, 2015
Nice one there
Re: N18,000 Minimum Wage No More Realistic –oshiomhole by toluxa1(m): 3:28pm On Jul 12, 2015

Re: N18,000 Minimum Wage No More Realistic –oshiomhole by peeparty(m): 3:29pm On Jul 12, 2015
no mind d mumu jare. I was not moved sef
Re: N18,000 Minimum Wage No More Realistic –oshiomhole by cococandy(f): 3:29pm On Jul 12, 2015
He's correct.

2 Likes

Re: N18,000 Minimum Wage No More Realistic –oshiomhole by freeage7(m): 3:30pm On Jul 12, 2015
Osho, how much come dey realistic?
Re: N18,000 Minimum Wage No More Realistic –oshiomhole by igbsam(m): 3:30pm On Jul 12, 2015
so many nitwits on nairaland will not read the entire post but would rush your to scream one chance. The headline is very misleading. Before you open that gutter mouth of yours before spitting shyts all over this thread. Take your murrafucking time and read to understand.

1 Like

Re: N18,000 Minimum Wage No More Realistic –oshiomhole by osinachinwosu(m): 3:31pm On Jul 12, 2015
With What I saw now most Nigerians only read head lines with out studying the content of the message.
The other group comment with hatred.

1 Like

Re: N18,000 Minimum Wage No More Realistic –oshiomhole by Strongbest(m): 3:31pm On Jul 12, 2015
Well, check here today, get your self empowered for free and don't depend on monthly wages:

www.nairaland.com/1798724/
Re: N18,000 Minimum Wage No More Realistic –oshiomhole by bigerboy200: 3:31pm On Jul 12, 2015
Very correct..Nigerians have the right to better standards of living,but massive corruption from GEJ's tenure meant Nigerians were on d suffering side...Imagine NLNG delivered close to 2billion dollars(which was shared across d states) in just one month to d FG account...what has been happening to d NLNG profits over the years?? Even d Govenors were shocked that so much could b available from NLNG...I know God will use buhari..there is so much money in this country to satisfy our needs but not our greed...

4 Likes

Re: N18,000 Minimum Wage No More Realistic –oshiomhole by dave2meek(m): 3:32pm On Jul 12, 2015
That's a nice one from him... Will Buhari do the needful?
Re: N18,000 Minimum Wage No More Realistic –oshiomhole by ChelseaDr(m): 3:33pm On Jul 12, 2015
Good one.....
wait o are they paying Edo civil servants minimum wage?
Re: N18,000 Minimum Wage No More Realistic –oshiomhole by stinggy(m): 3:34pm On Jul 12, 2015
Ama80:
Since aftr marrying dat girl,something left ds man and he has never remained same.Apostle Suleiman needs to help you.coming to d topic phayvoursky is right
Did he say anything anti-people?

Why do you guys rush to comment before reading?

1 Like

Re: N18,000 Minimum Wage No More Realistic –oshiomhole by anigold(m): 3:34pm On Jul 12, 2015
richidinho:
Governor Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State yesterday declared the current N18,000 minimum wage paid to Nigerian workers described as unrealistic in the wake of recent fall in the value of Nigerian currency, the Naira. Governor Oshiomhole, who noted that at N200 to one U.S. Dollar, Nigerian workers are merely earning $90 per month, at the current N18,000 minimum wage.

He condemned the poor salaries paid to the Nigerian workers even as he noted that the situation is worse at the level of public service. Governor Oshiomhole, who stated this while speaking with State House Correspondents shortly after meeting with President Muhamnadu Buhari, however did not say how much should be the ideal minimum wage.
“Let me be very clear, I believe the Nigerian worker is underpaid, particularly in the public sector. If you look at the wage trend now, you will find out that that a graduate earns Lever 8 Step 2 in the public service. If the same young man is to get a job in an oil company or some subsection of the public section, his pay will be much more.

“If a worker is confronted with endless rise in costs of living and his wages are stagnant, obviously whether you know it or not, he is already experiencing pressures on his living standard. If you look at the minimum wage when it was fixed, the exchange rate was about N140 to a dollar, so N18,000 is about $130 a month.

“ Now at N200 per dollar, N18,000 is about $90 and so you can see the only beneficiary in this kind of inflationary environment are those who have fixed assets like building. Because the more your Naira is devalued, the higher the nominal value of your assets,” he explained.

Speaking on the recent bailout to states, he lamented that the State was shortchanged by as much as N10billion in the last four years by the outgoing administration. He declared that the funds was sourced from the amount remitted by the Nigerian Liqueified Natural Gas, NLNG, but that the funds have never been remitted to the Federation Account.

“What was extraordinary is that the NLNG has over the years been remitting funds to the Federal Government. But the Federal Government illegally refused to transfer these fund to the consolidated revenue fund which belongs to the three tiers of government.

“All that President Buhari has done is in line with his commitments to ensuring that all funds and monies accruing to the Federation Account are so remitted, that he has directed the CBN to transfer the funds to the Consolidated Funds.

http://theunion.com.ng/news/n18000-minimum-wage-no-more-realistic-oshiomhole/

he has not said anything... If he feels N18,000 is too low why not implement an increment....

If your friend is hungry and you have food but cant feel your friend, of what use will it be if you broadcast to everyone that your friend is hungry.....
Re: N18,000 Minimum Wage No More Realistic –oshiomhole by honourhim: 3:34pm On Jul 12, 2015
ponleh:
why is it no more realistic, when the politicians get millions monthly, please slash ur salary and allowance if u care

Learn to read before u comment.

1 Like

Re: N18,000 Minimum Wage No More Realistic –oshiomhole by Sirjohn84(m): 3:35pm On Jul 12, 2015
COMING FRM SOMEONE WHO WAS A LABOUR LEADER BEFORE..HOW POLITICS CHANGE PEOPLE
Re: N18,000 Minimum Wage No More Realistic –oshiomhole by honourhim: 3:37pm On Jul 12, 2015
owolabifunke14:
I read the headline and drew inference from it.
phayvoursky:
ABEG RETURN YOUR WIFE, MAKE HER FAMILY RETURN OUR MONEY.

YOU NEVER FIT PAY #18,000 NA TO COME FEED FOREIGNER

Lazy folks. Learn to read before commenting.

1 Like

Re: N18,000 Minimum Wage No More Realistic –oshiomhole by thefakestan: 3:37pm On Jul 12, 2015
Is Osho Baba now the adviser on Salary matters? I'm baffled, although what he said is reasonable, but one has to ask, is it feasible with the current economic situation in the country? Where most states never implemented the 18k minimum wage, and now until the recent bail out, most were even owing.

ThefakeStan
Re: N18,000 Minimum Wage No More Realistic –oshiomhole by ascendo(m): 3:38pm On Jul 12, 2015
Juxtified:
N40,000 for now should be ideal as minimum wage

Re: N18,000 Minimum Wage No More Realistic –oshiomhole by Ambi25: 3:38pm On Jul 12, 2015
what should be the remedy to this situation Oshiomhole
Re: N18,000 Minimum Wage No More Realistic –oshiomhole by ADO21212(m): 3:38pm On Jul 12, 2015
WELL DONE THEIR
Re: N18,000 Minimum Wage No More Realistic –oshiomhole by Poochai354: 3:39pm On Jul 12, 2015
Bad Government
Re: N18,000 Minimum Wage No More Realistic –oshiomhole by bigerboy200: 3:40pm On Jul 12, 2015
Sirjohn84:
COMING FRM SOMEONE WHO WAS A LABOUR LEADER BEFORE..HOW POLITICS CHANGE PEOPLE

Read an article b4 u place comments...haba...tired of Nigerians sha...

1 Like

Re: N18,000 Minimum Wage No More Realistic –oshiomhole by apolonius(m): 3:40pm On Jul 12, 2015
Yet his helicopter charters and long convoy expenditures are realistic.

Same man rode on labour rights advocacy to national political opportunities from his rustic roots in Auchi.

Nigeria is a country with almost no leaders.
Re: N18,000 Minimum Wage No More Realistic –oshiomhole by Positiveminds(m): 3:40pm On Jul 12, 2015
Even the N18,000, the states are struggling to pay. Candid advise is this: people should work towards self reliance. At inflationary state, salaries become useless. It is safer to have something have side jobs to survive.

I am a financial analyst. You need more information pm me.

2 Likes

Re: N18,000 Minimum Wage No More Realistic –oshiomhole by steffans(m): 3:41pm On Jul 12, 2015
osho baba

1 Like

Re: N18,000 Minimum Wage No More Realistic –oshiomhole by patrickmuf(m): 3:41pm On Jul 12, 2015
This man is so on point...
They're so many fools on this forum, Oshobaba was rather for an increase in the minimum wage sighting the evident inflation and weak Naira/Dollar exchange rate...
Someone once said "If you wanna hide something from a Black man, put it in a book"

1 Like

Re: N18,000 Minimum Wage No More Realistic –oshiomhole by Kingspin(m): 3:41pm On Jul 12, 2015
When talk about True federalism and likes we mean well for Nigeria. Govs must be compel to pay themselves salaries from state IGR.
Re: N18,000 Minimum Wage No More Realistic –oshiomhole by tolexy007(m): 3:42pm On Jul 12, 2015
Demdem2:
“What was extraordinary is that the NLNG has over the years been remitting funds to the Federal Government. But the Federal Government illegally refused to transfer these fund to the consolidated revenue fund which belongs to the three tiers of government.
“All that President Buhari has done is in line with his commitments to ensuring that all funds and monies accruing to the Federation Account are so remitted, that he has directed the CBN to transfer the funds to the Consolidated Funds.

Above caught my attention. Indeed Jonah-daft was a curse.
mumuu, how did u know dat what d man Was saying is correct? did u c acc urself.
Re: N18,000 Minimum Wage No More Realistic –oshiomhole by Ogagaishere(m): 3:44pm On Jul 12, 2015
I think he is right though

1 Like

Re: N18,000 Minimum Wage No More Realistic –oshiomhole by mcjoe007: 3:45pm On Jul 12, 2015
God help us
www.naijawapax..com for free cheats to surf d net

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ambode And Tinubu At Commemoration Of International Jazz Day / Three Bodies Recovered As Flood Ravages Abuja’s Trademoore Estate / Bashir El-Rufai: They Now Want Unity & Togetherness All Of A Sudden

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.