Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,857 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:45 AM

FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 (28623 Views)

FG Approves Immediate Payment Of 413 Billion Naira To Oil Marketers / Fayose Seen Checking Licenses Of Motorists In The State (Photos) / NNPC slashes crude buyers from 43 to 16 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 by sweetgala(m): 3:48pm On Jul 13, 2015
porka:
[size=13pt]What is the total installed capacity of their tank farms and what quantity of products is allocated to each of these 29 Buhari favorites oil marketers? [/size]

These are the real questions we should be asking not making false accusations and insinuations
Re: FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 by sweetgala(m): 3:54pm On Jul 13, 2015
koolkamzzy:

Refinery is not something you wake up one day and start to operate. Believe it or not, its going to take not less than 2 to 3 years (if not more), before Nigeria can produce up to 50% of the petroleum products we consume in this country. Even the CABALS (OIL MARKETERS) who are major sponsors of political campaign will not allow that. Also remember that some of these Politicians (both in PDP and APC) have refineries or part shares in some of these refineries abroad, where refined products are sourced into the country. You think they are fools?
Also they (CABALS) benefit a lot from the SWAP AGREEMENT, as they supply less quantity of refined products compared to the amount of Crude they take for it.

Last we heard, the refineries were going to start production this month, but the story has change.

Leave them they think it is a joke, it is the most dangerous process imaginable , I'd only take a job in extraction or refining of petrochemicals as a last offer.

We need to make progress and it would be painful but if we stay where we are and keep doing what we have always done this country wouldn't survive the next 10 years.

The global market is changing, the dynamics of demand and supply of oil and gas is not same as 3 years ago, Australia and America are now big players OPEC are in a price war and last I checked we have the current OPEC chairmanship.

Time to seat up
Re: FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 by baralatie(m): 3:59pm On Jul 13, 2015
sweetgala:

Did you not see what I wrote about suspending all licenses and revaluation using a valid criteria. The fact remains of those 43 marketers only a few dare I say far less than the current 29 have the capacity to maintain an effective operation. I forgot you have your ethnic goggles on permanently, you think Buhari is about to suspend all SE and SS marketers and leave his northern croonies ! How ridiculous and you call youeself a man ;partaking in small talk like a woman

They are in a win win business with 100% guaranteed profit, and yet they still indulge in fraud. By all meaningful standards none of those individuals are owed a kobo of Nigerian money, we can blame the previous 5 years of PDP government for these false entitlements.

They are not doing a favour for the government they are contracted into a logistics business by the FG, they stand to benefit from currency fluctuations so they better be ready to calculate the risk of playing the cards wrong too. This is not a free lunch.
Did you read the part Nnpc is struggling to meet up its own obligation and for the records the nnpx uses the storage facilities of the private investors in the downstream.
Tlyou mentioned companies who indulged in fraud,you don't know the companies and oando is there.
43 companies import your fuel needs with its
Re: FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jul 13, 2015
kelvin100:

Due diligence
Empowering his fellow cattle men and their slaves while cutting off SS/SE?

Nnamdi Kalu, may your fellowship grow.
We have to end this rubbish!

Dearth of intellectual capacity is the greatest emotional imprisonment a person can suffer for the rest of his/her life. No matter what you think
of Larubawa or Hausawa or Yorubawa or any other people on planet earth, the truth is that conscience is a great silent killer only truth can heal it. The kind of wealth created or made by your brothers and sisters under the last administration will take any tribe 100 years to make. A period of massive looting ,high level illegal bunkering and high crude oil prices with no savings and high borrowing. What is left in the foreign reserve is not up to what OBJ left in 2007 having inherited $5.5billion from Abdulsalam/Abacha government with heavy debt debt burdens.

Coming back to your point; who owns Master Energy, Nipco and Tropical? How many oil marketer have money to engage in gas network and filling station under your dispensation. The local content deals under Ernest and other deals where your brothers & sisters strategically positioned themselves in Oil, Finance and Power to avoid loop hole and the last minute postings and appointments.

The present government has no vendetta against any section or tribe. We have witnessed government run on vendetta and systematic reparation of oil wealth through illegal means because they believe it belongs to them

1 Like

Re: FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 by sweetgala(m): 4:04pm On Jul 13, 2015
What was the criteria for trimming the 43 to 29?

Good start

In the absence of a minister, which technocrat spearheaded this downsizing?

Politicians introduce nepotism and favouritism, a disciplined civil servant does a far great job, knowing the intricacies of the matter.

Is it not obvious that with just 29 importers, its now easier to connive to hold the nation hostage than when they were larger.

It is also easier to control 29 companies than 43, ever been left in care of 43 kids, you'd happily take 29.

Have our problem been the number of importers or the loopholes within the import and subsidy payment process?

Even if we have just 2 importers and the process problems are not addressed, the problems won't go away

Who verified that the capacity of 29 in terms of throughput and existing facilities is sufficient for national requirements?

Again you are on the money, some hard underlying problems still need attention, but downsizing the number of marketers is good.

Who makes up this 29? What is the regional distribution?

Has no place in the discussion, what is the value of having inadequate marketers because of ethnic bias, federal character does not extend to that sector.

Again what is good about this move to be gloated over? Are we continuing with subsidy payments or not? Are we issuing new licenses to refinery operators or we are maintaining the status quo?

GEJ done a good job of introducing the PIB but that document needs a review, I Know Tambuwal done a good job of ensuring loose ends were tied , there were a number if refinery licences given but mostly to the oil Cabals who are also marketers, they are business men and they do know that refinery margins are no where near the profits in importation of PMS, diesel and LNG
Re: FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 by Seun(m): 4:08pm On Jul 13, 2015
--neve mind--
Re: FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 by sweetgala(m): 4:10pm On Jul 13, 2015
baralatie:

Did you read the part Nnpc is struggling to meet up its own obligation and for the records the nnpx uses the storage facilities of the private investors in the downstream.
Tlyou mentioned companies who indulged in fraud,you don't know the companies and oando is there.
43 companies import your fuel needs with its

How rude of you to come back with your ethnic goggle still on, FG foes not need 43 marketers and you know it

All those marketers can fail NNPC can not, we need a safety net in the case those marketers start their mumu in the future

Just say your main gripe is that some of the SS/SE justblike northern and SW marketers must have lost their licence
Re: FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jul 13, 2015
dekdek:

I dont hate Jonah-daft, i only hate the foolishness and stupidity he brought to governance. Starting from BAyelsa up to the FG.
I suspect u are one of those miserable "our Oyel" people. To hell with u and ur oil. SUrely it will choke u.
Rubbish.

Am not here to exchange word with you. Respect our son that's all I go to say to u.

You hate our son but likes our resources.
Let's see what your dura dullard will do nw he his in Power.

I miss GEJ.
Re: FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 by baralatie(m): 4:15pm On Jul 13, 2015
sweetgala:

Did you not see what I wrote about suspending all licenses and revaluation using a valid criteria. The fact remains of those 43 marketers only a few dare I say far less than the current 29 have the capacity to maintain an effective operation. I forgot you have your ethnic goggles on permanently, you think Buhari is about to suspend all SE and SS marketers and leave his northern croonies ! How ridiculous and you call youeself a man ;partaking in small talk like a woman

They are in a win win business with 100% guaranteed profit, and yet they still indulge in fraud. By all meaningful standards none of those individuals are owed a kobo of Nigerian money, we can blame the previous 5 years of PDP government for these false entitlements.

They are not doing a favour for the government they are contracted into a logistics business by the FG, they stand to benefit from currency fluctuations so they better be ready to calculate the risk of playing the cards wrong too. This is not a free lunch.
Did you read the part Nnpc is struggling to meet up its own obligation and for the records the nnpc uses the storage facilities of the private investors in the downstream.
Tlyou mentioned companies who indulged in fraud,you don't know the companies and oando that has a record o is there.
41 companies import your fuel needs with its own storage facilities irrespective of Nnpc shortcomings.and you reduce them to 29 of "major firms responsible for locking down your economy for two weeks in the name of subsidy payments"
These 29 cabals are now to import fuel to the size of 43 importers(you must be joking!).
if arm twisting of the PMB for monopoly of the market is acceptable by you and considered legitimate.there is a very biig problem on PmB definition of economic control.
If demand is the same with supplyprice and cost is sustainable
If demand is increasing and supply is increasing at the same rate ,price and cost is sustainablesustainable
But and but
If demand is increasing and the ability to maintain or achieving a SUSTAINABLE SUPPLYprice and cost is not sustainable.

I hope you can now see the bigger picture!
Re: FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 by baralatie(m): 4:20pm On Jul 13, 2015
sweetgala:

How rude of you to come back with your ethnic goggle still on, FG foes not need 43 marketers and you know it

All those marketers can fail NNPC can not, we need a safety net in the case those marketers start their mumu in the future

Just say your main gripe is that some of the SS/SE justblike northern and SW marketers must have lost their licence
Did you read the part that NnPC is Struggling to even import apart from the fact that Nnpc does not have the storage facilities to sustain the demand and keep the subsidy burden!
NNPC IS SERIOUSLY RUNNING AT A Squeeze IN THE DOWNSTREAM
Re: FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 by baralatie(m): 4:27pm On Jul 13, 2015
sweetgala:

Before I let you go.you mentioned mumu oil marketer are the supplying you 40 million litres of petrol a day..Nnpc will literarily crumble your economy.The solution is either
i.you continue import
iiyou becoming an exporter of refined products

Other than that trying to cur corners you play into oil racket!
Re: FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 by dekdek: 4:30pm On Jul 13, 2015
Goodboiyy:

Am not here to exchange word with you. Respect our son that's all I go to say to u.

You hate our son but likes our resources.
Let's see what your dura dullard will do nw he his in Power.

I miss GEJ.

Did u son respect other leaders when he called them Rascals? Did u criticise him then when it happened? He is only reaping from where he sowed. Deal with it.
Jonah-daft he remained. To hell with him
Re: FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 by Williamso(m): 4:51pm On Jul 13, 2015
Abagworo:
It is no good news to me. Buhari should work on how to remove subsidy and even stop importation. I hate easy way out.
Make no mistake, I'm with you on wanting subsidy eradicated and importation ceased. But comparing with the present situation we currently are, is this good or bad news? Answer that objectively and keep the answer to yourself.
Re: FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jul 13, 2015
dekdek:

Did u son respect other leaders when he called them Rascals? Did u criticise him then when it happened? He is only reaping from where he sowed. Deal with it.
Jonah-daft he remained. To hell with him

Wen and were did he insult other leaders
pls show me proof or keep quiet.

We owe you no apology.

God bless GEJ
God bless SS
God bless Itskeri
God bless Urhobo
Re: FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 by bashydemy(m): 7:51pm On Jul 13, 2015
My president my President, You are highly gbasky
Re: FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 by cmt1(m): 9:06pm On Jul 13, 2015
PassingShot:
Change may be slow because it has to be gradual. But it is assured!

God bless PMB/PYO!
You are right.

1 Like

Re: FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 by dekdek: 7:23am On Jul 14, 2015
Goodboiyy:

Wen and were did he insult other leaders
pls show me proof or keep quiet.

We owe you no apology.

God bless GEJ
God bless SS
God bless Itskeri
God bless Urhobo

Can u kindly follow ur advise and shut ur trap now that u have seen it? Again the fool is only reaping from what he sowed. Jonah-daft he remains. Deal with it.

President Goodluck Jonathan has stressed the critical nature of the South-West to his administration, saying that the zone will not be left to “rascals” to rule.
Specifically, the President noted that Lagos State, being the commercial and industrial hub of the country, must be governed by the PDP.
Jonathan spoke on Tuesday in Ibadan, Oyo State during the commencement of his presidential campaign in the South-West.
The President said the party’s machinery would be legally deployed to ensure that the PDP governorship candidate in Lagos State, Mr. Ade Dosumu, emerged victorious in April.
According to him, PDP leaders “will not sleep” until power was wrested from the Action Congress of Nigeria in Lagos State.

https://www.nairaland.com/601457/jonathan-says-south-west-leaders-non-pdp

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos: Lagosians Resort To Trekking As Traffic Gridlock Persists / Why North Won’t Allow Nnamdi Kanu Go On – Unongo, Northern Elders Forum Chairman / President Buhari Commissions Zobe Water Project In Katsina (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.