Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,985 members, 7,817,903 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

DSS Arrests Ex-nsa Dasuki In Abuja - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DSS Arrests Ex-nsa Dasuki In Abuja (27329 Views)

Sambo Dasuki In Nigerian Army Uniform (Throwback Photo) / Court Remands Dasuki In Kuje Prison / Bode George, Odili Got N100M Each From Dasuki In Arms Purchase Scam - Sahara Rep (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DSS Arrests Ex-nsa Dasuki In Abuja by Akanaz(m): 9:29am On Jul 17, 2015
Operation wipe out the criminals
Re: DSS Arrests Ex-nsa Dasuki In Abuja by Nobody: 9:33am On Jul 17, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
This is just Vendetta from daura dulllard

Mumu.....this is why Nigeria will remain a backward country . Because your weakling of a president GEJ lacked d will, courage and integrity to enforce accountability doesn't mean it is right for people appointed to positions of trust should not be held accountable to their actions and inaction. The very day another of your hero, Abba Moro is called to account for the avoidable deaths of innocent immigration job seekers, u will still call it witch-hunting.

2 Likes

Re: DSS Arrests Ex-nsa Dasuki In Abuja by nationwide1(m): 9:35am On Jul 17, 2015
MizMyColi:

waow, this is another angle. Sometimes, I wish I was born in the 70s. I am modifying my post.
Lol.
Re: DSS Arrests Ex-nsa Dasuki In Abuja by ehizario2012: 9:37am On Jul 17, 2015
I'm looking forward to see how General Buhari will deal with that double-dealing sly Saraki. Silence is the best answer...
Re: DSS Arrests Ex-nsa Dasuki In Abuja by franksunny(m): 9:41am On Jul 17, 2015
idupaul:
Buhari is slow but he is definitely steady!!!!

God bless Nigeria and Nigerians
Haters can go and die, PMB will not disappoint some of us that believes in him. He might not be able to solve Nigeria problems but he will try. few of us will still give him the little support from the south south.
Re: DSS Arrests Ex-nsa Dasuki In Abuja by Cannonleo(m): 9:45am On Jul 17, 2015
andresia:
The Buhari administration is already looking into how the counter-insurgency initiative was funded. Dasuki is expected to assist substantially in the probe, The Nation learnt.

“You know Dasuki had planned to resign immediately there was a change of government but President Muhammadu Buhari refused to accept because he wanted to clear the Augean Stable in the defence sector.

“Buhari’s position is that all the former Service Chiefs must account for every budget for operations in the last five years. He has been disturbed about reports of corrupt practices by some Service Chiefs.”

The security source confirmed that Dasuki might be investigated on the following issues:

all sources of funding of the campaign against Boko Haram;
purchase of arms from Russia and its cost;
training of the members of the Special Force;
why the seized $15m was hauled in cash to South Africa to the embarrassment of the nation;
what informed the recruitment of South African mercenaries as fighters in Sambisa Forest, Gwoza and some parts of Adamawa and Yobe states; and
why Nigeria rejected military assistance from the US and the UK against Boko Haram.

http://thenationonlineng.net/seized-15m-others-dss-set-to-grill-ex-nsa-dasuki/
the last reason got me cracking in laughter. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin welcome back to western puppet mode,rubbish like if the us and uk have actively achieved half of what we achieved in 6 weeks in eleven years in Afghanisitan if you doubt go to helmend province al-queda is back in full force.. chai i dont just know how to classify PMB on this, if he disbands the 72 MSF the thunder that will hit will have no brakes rubbish
Re: DSS Arrests Ex-nsa Dasuki In Abuja by Nobody: 9:52am On Jul 17, 2015
Buhari is one chance, Buhari is too slow, Buhari is a dullard, Buhari is not working.... shocked shocked

Well as Dasuki, Lamido, NIMASA DG, Nyako, Dieziani, Ngozi, Board members, Ambassadors etc..... grin

Calm down, the SLOW pace is coming to a spot near you..... tongue

We still have about 4 years ahead... tongue

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Arrests Ex-nsa Dasuki In Abuja by TONYE001(m): 9:58am On Jul 17, 2015
MizMyColi:

While it might seem like it, I do not think it is what it is.

How can Dasuki tender a letter of resignation without giving an account of stewardship?
How can there be a change of hands in administration without a proper handover, detailing insights on security measures, management of finances, personnel and other estate?

I heard these army generals feed fat on resources allocated to fight insurgency.
On this note, if found culpable, I have no pity for him whatsoever.

I wonder why Jona didn't make that man answerable anyway.....

*zModified*z

News reaching me has it that, the reason for his arrest could be more than just 'not doing a proper handover'. The 1985 cou'p led by Dasuki which ousted Buhari rings loudest in the mind.

If truly this is a case of witch hunting or vendetta, Buhari and co should realize that Nigerians are keenly watching....
One gaffe and your head will be served on a platter.

#GoFigure

smiley
MizMyColi:

While it might seem like it, I do not think it is what it is.

How can Dasuki tender a letter of resignation without giving an account of stewardship?
How can there be a change of hands in administration without a proper handover, detailing insights on security measures, management of finances, personnel and other estate?

I heard these army generals feed fat on resources allocated to fight insurgency.
On this note, if found culpable, I have no pity for him whatsoever.

I wonder why Jona didn't make that man answerable anyway.....

*zModified*z

News reaching me has it that, the reason for his arrest could be more than just 'not doing a proper handover'. The 1985 cou'p led by Dasuki which ousted Buhari rings loudest in the mind.

If truly this is a case of witch hunting or vendetta, Buhari and co should realize that Nigerians are keenly watching....
One gaffe and your head will be served on a platter.

#GoFigure

I like the way you write...
Re: DSS Arrests Ex-nsa Dasuki In Abuja by RuffRhyder(m): 10:01am On Jul 17, 2015
PassingShot:
Very good development. All those who participated in one way or the other to compromise Nigeria should be treated as enemy of the state irrespective of their tribe, religion or ethnicity.

Let's just imagine Dasuki was an Igbo or a SS person, our brothers and sisters from the East would have started crying blue murder.

PMB will pursue all cases on their merits and demerits and not on where you come from or who you are.
Thank you Bro! you just spoke what's actually on my mind.

1 Like

Re: DSS Arrests Ex-nsa Dasuki In Abuja by philips70(m): 10:05am On Jul 17, 2015
ignis:
Buhari is being very partial. ..

I sight you, Elder Orubebe's daughter. Yes, Buhari is partial, he is tribalistic, he cannot continior...

1 Like

Re: DSS Arrests Ex-nsa Dasuki In Abuja by morbeta(m): 10:08am On Jul 17, 2015
Dasuki treated Buhari badly as ADC to IBB when Buhari was overthrown. And he didnt stop there but coninued his evil campaign on Buhari during election period. Dasuki deserves whatevr he is getting now cos he never ever imagined that Buhari will ever wear any leadership crown. He really messed the man (Buhari) up. This is not a matter that started today. Am writing from an insider point of view.
Re: DSS Arrests Ex-nsa Dasuki In Abuja by kristisking(m): 10:08am On Jul 17, 2015
idupaul:

Slow and steady in witch hunting instead.Nothing more

1 Like

Re: DSS Arrests Ex-nsa Dasuki In Abuja by gsalvatore: 10:09am On Jul 17, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
NO Way!

This is how it is suppose to be.

Not only arrest and interrogation.

Conviction is a MUST. Lengthy one at that or capital punishment.

They should not deceive us with all this charade only for them to end up in the homes and scot free later.

The north won't put a follow Northerner in jail for looting (I stand to be corrected ). It will be all charade.

Let's watch the folks that will end up In Jail.

The Punishment is all that matters not Charade.
Re: DSS Arrests Ex-nsa Dasuki In Abuja by yemmynoni: 10:10am On Jul 17, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
I hate to say this, but cry me a lagoon
Re: DSS Arrests Ex-nsa Dasuki In Abuja by kennybabs1980: 10:12am On Jul 17, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
your comment would make better meaning if your father wasn't a mere street urchin, of course who could have given birth to a social menace like you!
Re: DSS Arrests Ex-nsa Dasuki In Abuja by laidian(m): 10:18am On Jul 17, 2015
phlemzy:
Had the erstwhile NSA coincidentally come from the south, the polity would have been boiling by now, as the wailers will be shouting "witch-hunt"..." witch-hunt"!

Since it's from the north, it is now 'wizard-hunting'.
Re: DSS Arrests Ex-nsa Dasuki In Abuja by EMMYLBANKS(m): 10:21am On Jul 17, 2015
U gat no respect 4 elders if i insult ur dad lyk dat will u b happy if d guy is a dullard den u ar empty.....all dis girls self wey go cum here without respect
Re: DSS Arrests Ex-nsa Dasuki In Abuja by zicoraads: 10:22am On Jul 17, 2015
MizMyColi...even though we support the PDP, I think it shouldn't be a choice that should inhibit our over all sense of right or wrong. I understand that supporting a particular cause might channel all our spirit and emotional strengths into that cause, I will still appeal that you also look at the arguments from the e-PDP supporters with a sense of 'there might be another side of the argument'.

I must admit that the conduct of certain people here in the run up to the 2015 election was both appalling and repulsive, I still think we should live above board and be seen to have done so.

I believe I am closer to the PDP than you are. I also benefited from the PDP led-government, and continue to do so. However, the truth must be told.

In your very first comment on this thread, you alluded to the fact that you wonder why Jonathan left Dasuki. Now that is the spirit. There are certain people in the previous regime that must be held accountable for their stewardship and Dasuki is one of them. Political leaning aside, Jonathan's handling of the Boko Haram issue was not good enough. The former President came on live TV to lament that certain elements who are sympathetic to the BH menace were in his government. Many years down the road and no one was either arrested or convicted. In as much as I believe the BH issue was partly fuelled by the North's 'born to rule' mentality, the President should have tackled it as he did some few weeks to the election.

Anyone who thinks that Dasuki was picked for his role in the coup that ousted Buhari in the 80's should think again. Under Dasuki, the army became a laughing outfit in Nigeria and other countries. The previous NSA didn't perform as badly as Dasuki, but the North protested for long and he was removed. But there was no protest against Dasuki, even though his tenure was worst. And this happened at a time when the defence budget became very huge. The only people who will bring up what happened in the 80's to try and defend Dasuki are those who don't have the interest of this country at heart.

If Jonathan is found wanting during his time as President, he should be made to face justice. Nothing stopped him from probing Obasanjo's time as President. Nigerians would have applauded him had he done so. This country is bigger than any individual. After Buhari leaves office, the incoming administration too would look into his time as President. No one is above the law!

4 Likes

Re: DSS Arrests Ex-nsa Dasuki In Abuja by laidian(m): 10:30am On Jul 17, 2015
zicoraads:
MizMyColi...even though we support the PDP, I think it shouldn't be a choice that should inhibit our over all sense of right or wrong. I understand that supporting a particular cause might channel all our spirit and emotional strengths into that cause, I will still appeal that you also look at the arguments from the e-PDP supporters with a sense of 'there might be another side of the argument'.

I must admit that the conduct of certain people here in the run up to the 2015 election was both appalling and repulsive, I still think we should live above board and be seen to have done so.

I believe I am closer to the PDP than you are. I also benefited from the PDP led-government, and continue to do so. However, the truth must be told.

In your very first comment on this thread, you alluded to the fact that you wonder why Jonathan left Dasuki. Now that is the spirit. There are certain people in the previous regime that must be held accountable for their stewardship and Dasuki is one of them. Political leaning aside, Jonathan's handling of the Boko Haram issue was not good enough. The former President came on live TV to lament that certain elements who are sympathetic to the BH menace were in his government. Many years down the road and no one was either arrested or convicted. In as much as I believe the BH issue was partly fuelled by the North's 'born to rule' mentality, the President should have tackled it as he did some few weeks to the election.

Anyone who thinks that Dasuki was picked for his role in the coup that ousted Buhari in the 80's should think again. Under Dasuki, the army became a laughing outfit in Nigeria and other countries. The previous NSA didn't perform as badly as Dasuki, but the North protested for long and he was removed. But there was no protest against Dasuki, even though his tenure was worst. And this happened at a time when the defence budget became very huge. The only people who will bring up what happened in the 80's to try and defend Dasuki are those who don't have the interest of this country at heart.

If Jonathan is found wanting during his time as President, he should be made to face justice. Nothing stopped him from probing Obasanjo's time as President. Nigerians would have applauded him had he done so. This country is bigger than any individual. After Buhari leaves office, the incoming administration too would look into his time as President. No one is above the law!

May the blessings of today never evade you. God bless your brain.

3 Likes

Re: DSS Arrests Ex-nsa Dasuki In Abuja by MizMyColi(f): 10:35am On Jul 17, 2015
Zicoraads, I don't get the motive for this statement
MizMyColi...even though we support the PDP, I think it shouldn't be a choice that should inhibit our over all sense of right or wrong.

What influenced it?
The post you are contributing to, or something else.
I don't quite follow.
Oh okay, perhaps you were making a generalized statement.

Buhari is/was in the wrong to have allowed such manhunt.
Isn't there due process anymore?
Was he called for interrogation, was a case made against him?
When you refuse to follow the right steps based on democratic tenets, how do you refute allegations that your actions aren't based on a vendetta of sorts?

*modified*

Same way Marilyn ogar was demoted and transferred to Maidugri....then recalled. I guess that suggests fairplay too.

This is me looking at things from both sides of a coin....at possible scenarios.

So why subtly suggest that those who bring up the 1985 coup do not have the best interest of the nation at heart? Isn't there a possibility that that might also be the case?

I think my stance is clear enough.

2 Likes

Re: DSS Arrests Ex-nsa Dasuki In Abuja by ICONgold(m): 10:37am On Jul 17, 2015
400billionman:
Boogarri should face national development and leave pursuing shadows..

I support the fight against corruption but let it be done with respect for the culprits. Not locking them up, starving them or maltreating them .

So those that has stole our common wealth, compromised our counter terrorism effort should be lodge at five star hotel for interrogation for allowing many Nigerians to die as a result of their greed and negligence ba?, if there anything worse than maximum prison, that is where the interrogation should take place.
Re: DSS Arrests Ex-nsa Dasuki In Abuja by MizMyColi(f): 10:39am On Jul 17, 2015
laidian:

May the blessings of today never evade you. God bless your brain.

Amen!!
Re: DSS Arrests Ex-nsa Dasuki In Abuja by mindtricks: 10:39am On Jul 17, 2015
ECOTERRORS:

I understand Dasuki was one of those who toppled Buhari's government in the eighties.

Buhari should be careful how he spends this 4 years.
Re: DSS Arrests Ex-nsa Dasuki In Abuja by Nobody: 10:48am On Jul 17, 2015
dullard just want to revenge cus dasuki was one of the people that arrested him during babagida's regime. dullard please dis is not military regime, give us what Apc promised.
Re: DSS Arrests Ex-nsa Dasuki In Abuja by cyberguy72(m): 10:48am On Jul 17, 2015
idupaul:

The JUDAS OF UBIMA should be next,babagoslow really seeking for vengance
Re: DSS Arrests Ex-nsa Dasuki In Abuja by Nobody: 10:49am On Jul 17, 2015
Yall that are loving this buhari anyhow hope u guys should luv him to face obama like a man and say, 'NO! I won't accept GaYS and Homosexuality practice in my country!'
Re: DSS Arrests Ex-nsa Dasuki In Abuja by BraniacX(m): 10:51am On Jul 17, 2015
nerodenero:
The investigation should not be limited to Dasuki alone, those other Pregnant Service Chief should also be probed. The Nigerian Army have been ridiculed and made vulnerable under their watch due to corruption.

Did you say vulnerable?

Do you even think before you talk?

If they were vulnerable then, what are they now? Extinguished?

1 Like

Re: DSS Arrests Ex-nsa Dasuki In Abuja by poiZon: 10:51am On Jul 17, 2015
The way baba dey do him thing sha, I wont talk o.
now d same dss that d previous govt bastardize according to apc is being used again to continue on the same path.
What will happen if buhari leave office n these people he is witch hunting enters n the will start from where he stop. The cycle continue n nigerians will be happy the govt is probing without fulfilling them promise.
Thre r so many ways to attack people with out raising any dust.
frozen their accounts, track their financial records from the day they assumed office, killing is better done without shooting a gun.
that is why poison make sense well.

1 Like

Re: DSS Arrests Ex-nsa Dasuki In Abuja by BraniacX(m): 10:54am On Jul 17, 2015
andresia:

Oh Wailin Wailers, is the arrest justifiable based on these reasons.

TANoids, will you ever spare us your loud wails? Its eight years of wailing o cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Idiat!!!

Let him not probe only the last 5 years, let him probe the last 40years too, let him probe himself and the missing $2.8billion from 1978 abi who these mumuing mumu's think say them dey fool?
Re: DSS Arrests Ex-nsa Dasuki In Abuja by debson(m): 10:55am On Jul 17, 2015
No escape for Ngozi ....
Re: DSS Arrests Ex-nsa Dasuki In Abuja by cyberguy72(m): 10:55am On Jul 17, 2015
Toktee:
too much sexx for ,money is nt good for your health,it makes you talk out of sense always,take my advice.
OH BOY U BE BIG FOOOOL OO.ASHAWO PICKIN LIKE U
Re: DSS Arrests Ex-nsa Dasuki In Abuja by AKJA(m): 10:57am On Jul 17, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
who is talking? A Dundee Dullard, no doubt.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Omo-Agege Resumes, Signs Register, Leaves Senate Chamber / Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House / We’re Against Atiku For Promising To Restructure Nigeria –ACF Secretary, Sani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.