Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:29 AM

Electricity Generation Rises Again To 4,656 Megawatts - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electricity Generation Rises Again To 4,656 Megawatts (28398 Views)

Fashola, Okowa, Tony Elumelu Commission 115 Megawatts Gas Turbine Delta (Pics) / Blackout: Electricity Generation Sinks To 1,580MW / Power Generation Rises To 3,874.96MW (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electricity Generation Rises Again To 4,656 Megawatts by EmekaBlue(m): 6:12am On Jul 18, 2015
Not Buhari doing..He hasnt done anything specific yet..
Re: Electricity Generation Rises Again To 4,656 Megawatts by Lanretoye(m): 6:20am On Jul 18, 2015
ILIDEFI:

Please can you mention to me any singular move Buhari has taken since assumption of office, to warrant the credit for the improved power? Has he built or commissioned any power plant or gas pipeline? Do you remember how Jonathan was going about commissioning power plants prior to election? So how come you're praising Buhari?
Oga pls be as realistic as possible,16 years of PDP rule in Nigeria and we didnt see any thing like this. In about 50days,i dont knw about you oo,but me dey tire for this kind electricity already cos im not used to it.
Dont tell me Gej commissioned all the power plants without a switch,afterall who cares about who cooks the food at a party.

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Generation Rises Again To 4,656 Megawatts by olaeffect(m): 6:22am On Jul 18, 2015
ILIDEFI:

Please can you mention to me any singular move Buhari has taken since assumption of office, to warrant the credit for the improved power? Has he built or commissioned any power plant or gas pipeline? Do you remember how Jonathan was going about commissioning power plants prior to election? So how come you're praising Buhari?

Buhari does not need to go about commissioning projects. Some contractors that have been paid to execute some power project for the past 3 years just realized they are yet to anything thing after GEJ lost the election.

Unless you just want to close your eyes to the truth, things are just suddenly working because as Deam Patience has warned during campaign you will go to jail under this administration if you don't deliver in respect of any contract money you have collected.

A friend of mine paid for prepaid meter since 2013 and was not given because they said it was not available yet, Bros on their own they came to fix it last month without any follow up.

3 Likes

Re: Electricity Generation Rises Again To 4,656 Megawatts by haffaze777(m): 6:46am On Jul 18, 2015
kekakuz:
you mean to say buhari built a functioning power plant in 30 days
useless sentimental illiterates
mark my words

Nigerians will beg jeg to return
dis one is high on cow dung
Re: Electricity Generation Rises Again To 4,656 Megawatts by angelsing(m): 7:14am On Jul 18, 2015
kekakuz:
you mean to say buhari built a functioning power plant in 30 days
useless sentimental illiterates
mark my words

Nigerians will beg jeg to return
prophet of doom... We will never go back to our vomit.. If that is ur wish for this country, may we never have cause to be laughed at anymore by our peers outside this shore.... Get is gone he will never return to power. Capish?
Re: Electricity Generation Rises Again To 4,656 Megawatts by Nobody: 7:31am On Jul 18, 2015
GJames:
Thats less than what an airport generates in the US. The day i rejoice for electricity in Nigeria is the day i see cobwebs in my generator. Anyway congrat PHCN

And.....when we see people pulling out of the generator sales business because it is ''not profitable''. grin

(Even then, we would always need a generator. Especially when weather strikes,or when , for example, a truck crashing into a power pylon along the Kaduna-Zaria road led to loss of power in several parts of the North several years ago.).
Re: Electricity Generation Rises Again To 4,656 Megawatts by teekay213(m): 7:32am On Jul 18, 2015
i dey feel am here...23hrs power supply.
Re: Electricity Generation Rises Again To 4,656 Megawatts by Nobody: 7:32am On Jul 18, 2015
EmekaBlue:
Not Buhari doing..He hasnt done anything specific yet..

Well....he did kick off the process to build two nuclear power plants that will add 2400mw.

But yes....we must thank GEJ too.

STILL.....the issue is that most of the jump in power is due to the rains. Wait till November.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Generation Rises Again To 4,656 Megawatts by Sike(m): 7:46am On Jul 18, 2015
sokotoburundi:
Mumuni entered a mosque carrying a brand new cutlass and asked: "who is a Muslim here?"
The whole mosque went as silent as a grave yard.
Mumuni asked again "how can a full mosque have no Muslim?".
No one replied.
Mumuni then grabbed the nearby young man and went out with him and told him "son come help me kill my goat because i don't know how to do it".
After the young man had killed the goat, he told Mumuni that he didn't know how to skin it and that Mumuni should go back to the mosque and get someone else to help him do that.
Mumuni returned to the mosque with the cutlass dripping with blood.
When the IMAM saw the same man again in the mosque with blood dripping from his cutlass, he immediately shouted
"MY BROTHERS IN CHRIST, PRAISE THE LOOORD OOOOO!"
hahahahaha
Re: Electricity Generation Rises Again To 4,656 Megawatts by GJames(m): 7:46am On Jul 18, 2015
bushdoc9919:

And.....when we see people pulling out of the generator sales business because it is ''not profitable''. grin

(Even then, we would always need a generator. Especially when weather strikes,or when , for example, a truck crashing into a power pylon along the Kaduna-Zaria road led to loss of power in several parts of the North several years ago.).
Bro you have killed the last tiny hope i had for stable electricity in naija.
Re: Electricity Generation Rises Again To 4,656 Megawatts by GJames(m): 7:48am On Jul 18, 2015
olaeffect:

I use 5 liter of fuel everyday, just between 5pm to 11pm whenever ever I return from work. But the 10liters I bought is still intact since Tuesday. I stay in Felele Ibadan; notorious area for power outages, even the Phcn office in Felele has generator and inverter grin

I just pray this tempo can be sustained.
I pray so too for you and also pray it extends to my area o.
Re: Electricity Generation Rises Again To 4,656 Megawatts by GJames(m): 7:49am On Jul 18, 2015
scholes0:

Whatever the case, no airport generates such and none as hell consumes such ....
I give up
Re: Electricity Generation Rises Again To 4,656 Megawatts by Nobody: 7:50am On Jul 18, 2015
GJames:

Bro you have killed the last tiny hope i had for stable electricity in naija.

I haven't. Electricity can be stable....the problems are that we are not generating enough power. And we are not transmitting it efficiently.

But then again....weather conditions do strike. That calls for better planning.
Re: Electricity Generation Rises Again To 4,656 Megawatts by uzodimma4sunnex: 7:52am On Jul 18, 2015
Nigeria no dey shame, south Africa that has lesser population than Nigeria generates about 40,000 megawatts and we are here jubilating about 4656 megawatts.
Re: Electricity Generation Rises Again To 4,656 Megawatts by debsite: 7:56am On Jul 18, 2015
This is a good riddance. From some comments on here, it shows how average nigerian reasons. We' ve blindfolded ourselves with sentiments and lies, we can't see the truth again. Though, we are all looking forward for the success of this administration but we should stop spreading lies. The little improvement in power we are having now is the fruit of immediate past administration. Let us not forget the last presidential campaign in which GEJ was accused of commissioning fake power projects (omotoso,olorunsogo & co) but replied the critics that they will soon reflect on our grids. Also, in the rainy seasons, hydrostations ought to be operating at their peak and fullest that is factual. When GMB was asked about his agenda for the power sector he said he will go to the drawing board to draft his policy. Till now, no power minister.I'm neither a fan of GEJ nor GMB, all I need is a better nigeria. This should be a working season for Buhari, not of propaganda or riding on fake glory proclaimed by the sycophants.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Generation Rises Again To 4,656 Megawatts by Nobody: 7:57am On Jul 18, 2015
Omino:
That is a part of GEJ Transformation from 1800mw to 4600 MW.... we expecting at least 10,000 MW after 4 years of PMB....

It's true... He will meet your expectations... Let's Hope so
Re: Electricity Generation Rises Again To 4,656 Megawatts by GJames(m): 8:05am On Jul 18, 2015
bushdoc9919:

I haven't. Electricity can be stable....the problems are that we are not generating enough power. And we are not transmitting it efficiently.

But then again....weather conditions do strike. That calls for better planning.
It will take a very long time for Naija to start the underground wiring system
Re: Electricity Generation Rises Again To 4,656 Megawatts by front247: 8:15am On Jul 18, 2015
All kudos to gej he laid d foundation but there was breaking of gas pipelines to sabotage his effort. Dt politicise anything

1 Like

Re: Electricity Generation Rises Again To 4,656 Megawatts by onowu007(m): 8:42am On Jul 18, 2015
APC suppoters don't celebrate yet until the Dams drys up during the dry season! #Babaonechance #
Buhari is a terrorist-El-rufie
Re: Electricity Generation Rises Again To 4,656 Megawatts by ModiKen(m): 9:17am On Jul 18, 2015
Wailing wailers, I throwey salute oooo!
Re: Electricity Generation Rises Again To 4,656 Megawatts by sweetgala(m): 10:17am On Jul 18, 2015
4656/200,000 MW There is still a long way to go. No need to celebrate yet
Re: Electricity Generation Rises Again To 4,656 Megawatts by Nobody: 11:24am On Jul 18, 2015
sokotoburundi:
Mumuni entered a mosque carrying a brand new cutlass and asked: "who is a Muslim here?"
No one replied.
Mumuni then grabbed the nearby young man and went out with him and told him "son come help me kill my goat because i don't know how to do it".
After the young man had killed the goat, he told Mumuni that he didn't know how to skin it and that Mumuni should go back to the mosque and get someone else to help him do that.
When the IMAM saw the same man again in the mosque with blood dripping from his cutlass, he immediately shouted

Mad man!
Re: Electricity Generation Rises Again To 4,656 Megawatts by phiszo(m): 12:09pm On Jul 18, 2015
Lanretoye:

pls illustrate!
find the answers..
Re: Electricity Generation Rises Again To 4,656 Megawatts by butanep(m): 12:53pm On Jul 18, 2015
I see nothing new in this development people are celebrating. Our power has been a mess for donkey years even till now.

Jonathan meet between 4,125 to 4,225 MW of electricity. It was late Musa Yaradua who was able to increases the power then from about 3500 to over 4,125MW.

Jonathan tried but his best wasn't good enough considering the time he was in office. I know there were so many challenges that hinder his progress to generate more mega watts but he has set a good platform for the current administration.

The current increment is attributed to Jonathanaks administration because he did a lot to make sure there is constant availability of gas. We should also know our source of electricity is hydro. So the climatic condition we are in currently is also a plus. There is an increase in the water lever in kanji jam and other mini dams which generate our electricity hence, power will be relatively stable during the period.

I just pray this current government invest into power and make sure there is drastic improvement in power supply.
Re: Electricity Generation Rises Again To 4,656 Megawatts by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jul 18, 2015
Freemanan:
I HAVE A WORKING ADMINISTRATION IN MY COUNTRY...

WHAT ABOUT YOU?
The Biafrans think otherwise mi brother wink
Re: Electricity Generation Rises Again To 4,656 Megawatts by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jul 18, 2015
And Buhari is not working Hmmmn, una no de eva giv up shaaaa: so all de work wey gej do pile until Buhari sit-down before dey materialise grin
Re: Electricity Generation Rises Again To 4,656 Megawatts by ishm(m): 1:24pm On Jul 18, 2015
That's not a new thing. I don't have light in my area. I beg make everybody rest for PHCN matter.
Re: Electricity Generation Rises Again To 4,656 Megawatts by Themandator: 1:48pm On Jul 18, 2015
Thank You to Jonathan and his team ......by the way ,how come vandalisation of gas pipeline seem to have ceased
Re: Electricity Generation Rises Again To 4,656 Megawatts by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jul 18, 2015
Snowflake002:
The Biafrans think otherwise mi brother wink
I don't know them... Even Baba doesn't know them... The UNO does not recognize such arrangement.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Generation Rises Again To 4,656 Megawatts by anyaekekehinde(m): 2:38pm On Jul 18, 2015
Tosinayoko:
i kno u just finish high school, the only power plant(@ shiroro) functioning now is the one IBB built in 1987. Ask ur daddy... All gej did was pipe to siphon dollars, the project he embarked on could not be in 30years
stop acting like a dummy, there has been massive infrastructure upgrade in many of the power plants since last year and some of the NIPP plants have now come on board.. you are just an idiot

i have been to and work in many power plant in nigeria, Olorunsogo NIPP, Egbin etc..water pressure is at its all time high at the hydro plants, and here in lagos, egbin steam turbine 6 called ST6 has fully come on board, adding about 220MW to the grid, gas supply has been stable because, but the main issue of iliquidity facing the power industry is still present.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Generation Rises Again To 4,656 Megawatts by juman(m): 3:16pm On Jul 18, 2015
Bonjelomo:
Enjoy the rain while it lasts

Abi, raining season thing.
Re: Electricity Generation Rises Again To 4,656 Megawatts by muhyeenisce(m): 4:16pm On Jul 18, 2015
sokotoburundi:
No one replied.
#LOL# op I swear your father

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Olaoluwa Rasheed Visits Kunle Afolayan's Movie Set (Photo) / Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Tinubu In Lagos (PICS) / "Fresh PDP": PDP Splinter Group Emerges In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.