Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,056 members, 7,956,945 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:24 PM

Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. (12763 Views)

The Little Things That Determine The Success Of A Marriage. / I Am Tired Of My Marriage Barely Four Months Into The Marriage / Am Too Months Into Marital Life Today,what Internet Has Brought 2geda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by tpia: 5:39am On Mar 12, 2009
Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by spikedcylinder: 7:15am On Mar 12, 2009
@ spikedcylinder

been watching you gal, wild luv to spike ur cylinder someday

Yea, whatever. undecided
Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by Nobody: 8:04am On Mar 12, 2009
Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by crescent(f): 8:10am On Mar 12, 2009
What about 7 solid good year of courtship after one month into marriage the situation go awry and bad than the one here. I have seen such situation. Hence no matter how long is your courtship you can predict and claim to understand your spouse even 30%. Human being are deceptive when they want something. Pray and seek for GoD guidance
Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by akpike: 9:15am On Mar 12, 2009
prick for brain.may the gods help him.
Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by fesse(f): 9:21am On Mar 12, 2009
another poor mans ugly daughter. how did your friend inherit this knid of liability?

may be the guy married her due to her father's/family's wealth. 80% of these rich/politicians lack manners. Running away from her will not solve the problem, the guy in question has work to do. If bringing the girl to normality will be the only thing he achieved, then i guess he will be a happy man. Because from all the signs the girl showed him, he still went ahead to the alter with her. May be God wants to save and heal the girl thru him. So he has to go and do his home work and should not run away from his responsibility.
I WISH HIM LUCK.
Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by sley4life(m): 9:30am On Mar 12, 2009
too bad. Dem say wetin dey kill man na wetin him like 2 much, Most women have started using pussy cat to tie guys into their arms. The guy should divorce her wife immediately. Get a counsel to seek divorce papers or morever send your hubby 2 jail if the need arises. Because some women after divorce put a treat to the life of their ex hubby. If the guy is looking for a stunt lady that can do the damage on bed he should simply go to calabar, benin or even the brotel houses to secure one, My advice to guys that love pus cat is they should desist from it, else,
Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by sodjea: 9:38am On Mar 12, 2009
My name is obi stanley, from ndokwa west local govt area of delta state. my e-mail is ambassador_obi@yahoo.com
I'm 4-5ft.6” tall, has sexy eyes, black skin and black colored hair. I like to play football on weekends, I love adventures too.i like writting & singing music or go out to visit friends some times. I chat online when fell like. I love traveling and making new friends but am more committed to serious ones. Am loving, caring, kind, Honest, Respectful, easy going, and very humble and have the fear of God in me.I believes in True Friendship that will perfect a serious relationship.
call me on+234 08063240328
Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by Nobody: 9:51am On Mar 12, 2009
see as the word pussycat done full ground for thread  grin

tpia:

wow, I still cant get over this thread.

So in this day and age when girls will bend over backwards showing all kinds of submissiveness and wishy washyness in the name of getting a husband, someone can deal her boyfriend dirty slaps, break his fingers, nearly blind him and the guy still ends up marrying her?

With the way some people breathe fire and brimstone on this nairaland sef identifying who is and isnt "wife material" I have to say this story flies in the face of African logic.

Even the women wey dey cook 24 hours, scrub floor 15 hours, kneel and prostrate everyday for at least 5 hours while greeting their SO all in the hopes of getting him to marry them, and the man will still do shakara examining a bevy of girls to see if any of them is worth marrying.  Meanwhile this "bad" lady has snagged a guy and whisked him to the altar.

Life is strange oh!!!!!! abi na fake story?

chei!!! Is it the sex? She's got some tricks up her sleeve?

forget it o. . .nigerian men just like to decieve themselves all those soldiers with second wives who are the official wives are kitten whipped. why do you think the second wives are fully in control? they pull so much stuff the men would never have taken from the first wife. of course, the men don't see it this way. . .

in 2003, i was at kainji power station with my then boss (first job) on a job. the phcn engineer was used to closing at 5pm, but thata day, we were around, and serious work was going down, and the guy had to be present. the man's second wife (of 12 or so months) did not find it funny. she was calling the man to harass him to come home. see as the man was jumping . it was so funny. the woman thought the guy was scouting for wife no 3. we were working on an alstom opthimo electronic distance protection relay. when the dude told his wife, we are working with optimho, she immediately responded - i sabi the optimho, na ashawo woman!

anyway, back when we were on our own, our boss was yabbing the man, about how the man did not know how to 'handle' women. this is where it gets really funny - my boss also had a second wife. as usual the second wife is correct omoge. and the woman has the man wrapped around her finger. the man is my uncle, so i know that he always had his way with madam no 1. i used to tell my colleagus 'we are not working for oga - it is madam we are working for'. the woman was doing regular yearly SA trips, if her car broke down, we would immediatelty redeploy one of our work cars to her. once(after i had left), when they were about to travel from lagos to the east, her car broke down - and just like that oga handed her the car they  were to use, and they took public transport to the east. i could go on and on. . .

Richy also put a major point - naive guys are often the ones who fall prey. another story i remember involved one of the loose chicks we knew in school. gal was HOT, and she was making a half hearted attempt to go straight. she got engaged to this dude, and the dude fell badly. but the gals attempt to go straight was short lived ( i guess inexperienced guys are less than satisfactory in the sack , and not much fun to boot) so she dumped him. the guy would have married her. . myb  a poor anaology. . .

all your hardworking nerds, WATCH OUT!!! better let ur er bad boy friends give u the low down on the chicks you are falling for. . .BEFORE you go too far. they usually know . . .though they may be reluctant to tell you. . .
Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by ariblaze(m): 10:02am On Mar 12, 2009
am walking away from the troubles in my life

am working away, hoping for a better day -- - -i think

mehn, the guy needs to work, the lawyer says divorce cant happen till after 2years

walk away dont let her know where he is
Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by simmy(m): 10:20am On Mar 12, 2009
o boi, the girl must ve been good in bed. and the guy must have been sex starved. now tht he s learnt his lesson, he should just divorce her and be ready to deal with her if she tries to be stubborn. however, since she s his wife if she shows any sign of remorse he should give her a chance to prove she s human
Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by JJYOU: 10:22am On Mar 12, 2009
crescent:

What about 7 solid good year of courtship after one month into marriage the situation go awry and bad than the one here. I  have seen such situation. Hence no matter how long is your courtship you can predict and claim to understand your spouse even 30%. Human being are deceptive when they want something. Pray and seek for GoD guidance
you know well especially nigerians. it is the more you look the less you see.
Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by Kx: 10:29am On Mar 12, 2009
I have to come in again because alot of ppl have bn saying things like,perhaps this story aint true.

I have nothing to gain from "conjuring" something like this.
Believe you me,if i had the skills to build a story and so embellish it with
all the scary pieces,I would be script writing for Nollywood or hollywood.

This is a true life story.

Sometimes in life,we guys fail to realize we should take our time,listen to ppls advice b4 we do things.
My guy only told me all this because according to him,he appreciates my all round support,
mostly financially when he was consumating the wedding .He felt he owed me a duty of
"proper explanation" be walking out of the marriage,that was why he told me all those reasons he had ealrier hidden from
everybody.

Yes, no doubt the guy is quiet and d cool type.On a scale of 1 to 10,he scores 1(very low)
on woman management.He never used to help anybody,not even his close friends.
He felt bringing a wife to d house the moment he landed a good job would scare friends and family away from
him,i mean ppl who ordinarily would have come to him for financial assist.

This saturday I shall lead committee of friends to his place (since the wife is
in NYSC Orientation)camp to ask him to thread carefully.I support the divorce no doubt-i never supported the marriage-
but then,the advice to divorce must not come from friends whom he didnt take their advice not to marry her earlier in the first place.

The father is poor,in response to somebody's question here.She is from a poor background.
When d guy went home some days ago to brief her parents on his intention to divorce,d mother"rolled"
on the ground crying and pleading.I asked what the father's input was,and he confessed that the
father said he wont appeal because he had always bn warning the daughter to change and bcome responsibible
but she wont listen.

My interest here is to affect my generation positively.Lets all look b4 we leap.
Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by oluwdashmi(f): 10:35am On Mar 12, 2009
This is what we say, a failed relationship is better that a failed marriage. What made him go on with the marriage despite all these? Could it be her beauty (to hell with fine face) or was he in a spell?

He didn't look before leaping. He should rush to the nearest magistrate court before he loose his life in the battle.
Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by ken82(m): 10:43am On Mar 12, 2009
This guy put himself into this mess he thought marriage is all
about good sex. anyway i feel for he should run as fast as his
legs can carry him away from the marriage before she kills him
this is actually a good lesson for singles WATCH BEFORE YOU
LEAP.
Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by Kx: 10:53am On Mar 12, 2009
In addition,the fact that he does not help anybody does not mean he
does not "pay" women!
Infact,ask him for 10 bucks,he will say he did nt have a dime
but when a woman surfaces from no where,he "pays like shell"

The legal angle to divorce may not necessarily apply here.
In my place,marriage could be broken easliy traditionally without going
thru the legal tussles except if the girl mean to make trouble for alimony and stuff.
But in dis case,once both parents agrees regretably though,which is most likely,it could be all over btw them.
Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by erady(f): 11:05am On Mar 12, 2009
My own contribution is dat, he fit be say the guy don do one bad thing to another girl before and the girl con swear 4 am, And na the swear con dey work through another person. Cos if no be swear or juju, How person wey u say u want marry (Bite, stab, and want blind ur eye) Even before the marriage and u still marry am. My people na this kind thing oyinbo they call WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND . Wetin he just need na one kind spiritual prayer, And i hope say GOD go see am through the divorce AMEN. shocked
Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by Nobody: 11:08am On Mar 12, 2009
Wow! This is serious. Please i think everyone should sit down and learn from this story. It happened so that you and i can learn from it.
@ poster
according to what you wrote here. The girl has showed him the type of person she is by stapping him and doing all sort of things before marriage. The guy knew all these before and he agreed to live his life with her that way. So, i dont see any reason why she want to divorce her. And again in the presence of God and the entire congregation he was asked if he will love her for better for worse and he said yes. Then what else. I think this is just the beggining. Now, what i will say is that, let him be closer to God very well, because spirit is telling me now that his wife is possed with evil spirit. Let him pray very well that God should reavel this secret to him. Honestly she will change with prayer. And if he divorce her, what is the tendency that he would not marry someone worst than that? He will win the battle if he's patient and prayerful says the LORD. Peace
Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by Nobody: 11:08am On Mar 12, 2009
Wow! This is serious. Please i think everyone should sit down and learn from this story. It happened so that you and i can learn from it.
@ poster
according to what you wrote here. The girl has showed him the type of person she is by stapping him and doing all sort of things before marriage. The guy knew all these before and he agreed to live his life with her that way. So, i dont see any reason why she want to divorce her. And again in the presence of God and the entire congregation he was asked if he will love her for better for worse and he said yes. Then what else. I think this is just the beggining. Now, what i will say is that, let him be closer to God very well, because spirit is telling me now that his wife is possed with evil spirit. Let him pray very well that God should reavel this secret to him. Honestly she will change with prayer. And if he divorce her, what is the tendency that he would not marry someone worst than that? He will win the battle if he's patient and prayerful says the LORD. Peace
Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by Mortiple(m): 11:10am On Mar 12, 2009
@poster
With all due respect, this your friend must be a SAINT. You took time to enumerate the sins of this devil-incarnate of a lady but NEVER mentioned one FAULT of your friend. Haba! I shouldn't be surprised since you never supported the relationship from the onset.  grin

My advice:

1.  Divorce is never the solution. What makes you think they won't seek divorce in future relationship?  Your friend should involve his wife's parents/relations (especially those she listens to) and her spiritual leader for a reconciliation meeting.  

2.  They may consider consulting a seasoned Marriage Counselor for assistance. This is after they have admitted that they have a problem and urgently need help.

3.  They may consider separating for a period (e.g 6 months) to 'sort' their lives out. During this period, they will be seeing each other twice or more weekly but must not live together.

4.  Probably the most effective step is for both to: renew their marital vows (commitment), point out each others fault and areas that need to be improved upon, outline what each expects from the other, etc.

Every marriage has 'a trial period', this could be theirs.
Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by adanny01(m): 11:29am On Mar 12, 2009
I adviced him not to rush into divorce but he wont listen.Frankly speaking,he was adviced against the marriage
but he did nt listen.
R u realy his friend or u stop being his friend after he married this girl? Is there any other kind of advise u can possibly give this guy? I dont think so. The advise will still be the same (not literary) as the one u gave him b4 marriage.
To me, he's not married yet, if u understand what i mean.
Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by dROC1: 11:29am On Mar 12, 2009
Kx:

.She is from a poor background.
When d guy went home some days ago to brief her parents on his intention to divorce,d mother"rolled"
on the ground crying and pleading.I asked what the father's input was,and he confessed that the
father said he wont appeal because he had always bn warning the daughter to change and bcome responsibible
but she wont listen.

This is why I said "Lets Stop Dating Poor Girls". Have you all seen the result?

This kind of attitude could only come from a poor and uncultured girl. The guy probably married because he thought he was in love and that with his money he could save this girl. This is obviously a street girl and no lady at all.

If this guy had married according to class and temperment all this could have been averted. We all make mistakes in the name of love but when a monumental mistake is made due to neglect of foundational principles, it could be difficult to blame anyone other than yourself.

I would have advised him to stay on in the marriage but for the fact that his life may not be worth living if he stays on.
Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by Kx: 11:38am On Mar 12, 2009
Mortiple:

@poster
With all due respect, this your friend must be a SAINT. You took time to enumerate the sins of this devil-incarnate of a lady but NEVER mentioned one FAULT of your friend. Haba!
Kx:

In addition,the fact that he does not help anybody does not mean he
does not "pay" women!
Infact,ask him for 10 bucks,he will say he did nt have a dime
but when a woman surfaces from no where,he "pays like shell"

@Mortiple,I even posted d guys wrong attitude above b4 u asked that quaetion.

I listed above that the guy does not care about nobody.-----stingy/"aka gum" to male friends.
I equally mentioned that on scale of 1 to 10,the guy scores 1,very low on woman management- poor interpersonal relationship.

What am saying in essence,the fact that I did not enumerate the guys ills does not mean he is a saint.
I only listed d reasons d guy gave.I could nt obtain and list d wife's side of the issue.

The wife's point of view dat i heard from anoda friend dat she complained to,is d fact that
any little thing,the husband complains to his family members.
Althoug a guy should be man enof to keep his family issues to his chest,nevertheless,
when dey have caged u,dey expect u to play along mumuishly without telling ur friends and family so
dat ur eye nor go open.
Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by abimboola: 12:07pm On Mar 12, 2009
dis s nt d tym 4 if he had known d best 4 him is 2 run 4 his life d lady is sick,
Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by PeeJee(m): 12:08pm On Mar 12, 2009
This guy put himself into this mess he thought  marriage is all
about good sex. anyway i feel for he should run as fast as his
legs can carry him away from the marriage before she kills him
this is actually a good lesson for singles WATCH BEFORE YOU
LEAP.

I agreed with this we mustn't allow sex to blind us from seeing the reality . well, I have a similar experience, there is this girl I met her 2006 and we became lovers 2007 23rd march and we make love that day no protection. to cut the long story short  she too good when we talk of sex , she made me have sex almost everyday, I later come to realise that she is a big cheat using church to cover up, no dreams at alll, I planed for her. so I have to opt out last october 18 2008. I really love her but I won't ruin my future cos of her. I let go I have been coming across those she was denying when we are involve late in the night. I learnt she do come back from outing late some time 12 mid nite and this is a gal that stay with her parents.But when i was with her 9 pm she is already home cos of that her family like me alot. she is 21. so my advice is that ur guy should divorce, its obvious he didnt realise all the mistakes befofore jumping to marriage. I don't  like divorce but his life is involve here. and let him be prayerful. Goodluck to him
Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by Nobody: 12:33pm On Mar 12, 2009
@ D-ROC
Guy y're on point in a way though.But poor background does not neccessarily mean poor morals;there are gals who are actually from wealthy families or doing well for themselves with awful manners.My point, luk b4 u leap n above all seek wise counsel, cos there's an igbo proverb that says "ebe nwata no na ebe akwa atuaka ,Nne ya anoghi ebe ahu ,Nna ya anoro ya"
Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by stanloski(m): 12:50pm On Mar 12, 2009
Apart from the fact that the guy's brain is between his legs i quote the eternal words of William Congreve:" Those who marry in haste MAY REPENT AT LEISURE"
Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by JJYOU: 1:20pm On Mar 12, 2009
d-ROC:

This is why I said "Lets Stop Dating Poor Girls". Have you all seen the result?

This kind of attitude could only come from a poor and uncultured girl. The guy probably married because he thought he was in love and that with his money he could save this girl. This is obviously a street girl and no lady at all.

If this guy had married according to class and temperment all this could have been averted. We all make mistakes in the name of love but when a monumental mistake is made due to neglect of foundational principles, it could be difficult to blame anyone other than yourself.

I would have advised him to stay on in the marriage but for the fact that his life may not be worth living if he stays on.

you are 98% home and dry on this bro. high temper women are too high maintenance and unstable for my liking
Timmmy:

@ poster
according to what you wrote here. The girl has showed him the type of person she is by stapping him and doing all sort of things before marriage. The guy knew all these before and he agreed to live his life with her that way. So, i dont see any reason why she want to divorce her. And again in the presence of God and the entire congregation he was asked if he will love her for better for worse and he said yes. Then what else. I think this is just the beggining. Now, what i will say is that, [i]let him be closer to God very well, because spirit is telling me now that his wife is possed with evil spirit. Let him pray very well that God should reavel this secret to him. Honestly she will change with prayer. [/i]And if he divorce her, what is the tendency that he would not marry someone worst than that? He will win the battle if he's patient and prayerful says the LORD. Peace
my dear woli, i am all for sticking and working things out but what if this guy lost his life by staying do they have foolish avenue in hell for people like him.

domestic violence is one of the few things that trips me. i cant stand it and dont tolerate it under any circumstances. no one is permitted to raise their voice around me.
Akaraoku$:

@ D-ROC
Guy y're on point in a way though.But poor background does not neccessarily mean poor morals;there are gals who are actually from wealthy families or doing well for themselves with awful manners.My point, luk b4 u leap n above all seek wise counsel, cos there's an igbo proverb that says "ebe nwata no na ebe akwa atuaka ,Nne ya anoghi ebe ahu ,Nna ya anoro ya"
interpretation please. tks
Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by MoVinTrAin: 1:36pm On Mar 12, 2009
There is nothing more to do than divorce and as for her cursing him i dont think ashawo curse dey work.she is cursed already and she is looking for a companion.Ma guy take off before its too late
Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by eudio(f): 1:45pm On Mar 12, 2009
wht can i say? what God has join together, let no cutlass put asunder cool
abi, no bi so?
Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by demystify(f): 1:59pm On Mar 12, 2009
Pussy whipped indeed!
A real Norbit and Rasputia case. cheesy

I see no reason to blame the lady.
The question is; is the guy good? is he treating her well as well? isn't he doing anything to provoke her anger? he saw red light before the marriage and yet tied it, what kept him?

To me, he gotta find a way of solving the problem,  divorce isn't always the solution.  If the lady is not a confirmed lunatic, and they are both adults and matured, let them solve it maturely.

Since he has a problem of observing before entering, what makes him think he will meet a "better" person after this one?

Besides, wouldn't be a bad idea if we hear of the lady's side of the story.

@Kx, stop playing lawyer for ur friend. . . defending him in all spheres.  you know his good sides only and the lady's bad side ONLY. . . he told u the bad story so u may take sides with him. . . not fair. grin
Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by spikedcylinder: 2:03pm On Mar 12, 2009
demystify:

I see no reason to blame the lady.
The question is; is the guy good? is he treating her well as well? isn't he doing anything to provoke her anger? he saw red light before the marriage and yet tied it, what kept him?

To me, he gotta find a way of solving the problem,  divorce isn't always the solution.  If the lady is not a confirmed lunatic, and they are both adults and matured, let them solve it maturely.

Since he has a problem of observing before entering, what makes him think he will meet a "better" person after this one?

Besides, wouldn't be a bad idea if we hear of the lady's side of the story.

@Kx, stop playing lawyer for ur friend. . . defending him in all spheres.  you know his good sides only and the lady's bad side ONLY. . . he told u the bad story so u may take sides with him. . . not fair. grin

I could hug you for this. Valid, valid points!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Christian Marriage Is Not For Better For Worse......not Biblical / Can A Parent Be Jealous Of A Child's Success? / End of Part 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.