Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,766 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

The Second Coming: A Failed Prophecy??? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Second Coming: A Failed Prophecy??? (44724 Views)

The Fake Prophecy About TB Joshua’s Death Is Not From Me - Prophet / Biblical Week Indicates The Second Coming Of Christ To Be Between 2030 - 2035 / Jesus Has Come the second time And Gone!!! (see Evidence) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Second Coming: A Failed Prophecy??? by 11Eleven: 2:11pm On Jul 26, 2015
If you look at the topics I have posted. You will notice the first two has greater meaning.

1. Singing Blessed Assurance in my dream. Read the words line by line.

2. Singing Joy To The world the Lord is come in my dream. This is not a Christmas Carol as it is been sang. There is more to the song.
I was scared when I woke up from sleep and kept looking at the sky for days...If something was going to happen. Foreal.

I come to Nairaland to post it not for showmanship... But for people to get Prepared. Am not a saint.
Let's be careful of deceitful messages.
Re: The Second Coming: A Failed Prophecy??? by Coolbite(m): 2:12pm On Jul 26, 2015
Jollyjoy:
Op no one can tell,as a matter of fact,most pastors are actually in doubt of the second coming,the few who even tried to defend the second coming failed because of insufficient back up from the bible,but God work in ways men can"t fathom,hence we should try to believe without doubt,let try to put our hope in him because none knows, even pastors are as confused as yhu and i, we keep hearing,the kingdom of God is at hand" but for how long? Since no man know it not,let just believe what we are told and what we read about....
perhaps the delay may be because of you, or are you sure you are heaven bound should He come today?
Re: The Second Coming: A Failed Prophecy??? by peedeeasobie(m): 2:12pm On Jul 26, 2015
sir, if you will quote me, I will give you a simple attempt at understanding the concept of the second coming and rapture and why the church missed that theology!
Re: The Second Coming: A Failed Prophecy??? by Lionsclaw: 2:16pm On Jul 26, 2015
Reiyvinn:

LOL! The Bible has really made a wordsmith of Christians. Twisting, Re-interpreting, adding of Eisegesis, e.t.c just to defend what they believe. It has also made Christians terrible researchers.

It's funny, but it's really unfortunate.
Mr, things like this makes me believe the bible all the more.

If you dont believe Jesus ever existed I am sure you believe Abraham existed cos every Israeli you see today are direct kids of Abraham and this is their story - that the God of Abraham their father appeared to him and told him to travel to an unknown place and he moved like a mumu and they called it FAITH. (Mind you Abraham did not see d promised land till he died and the bible did not cajole u on that; it was stated in black and white.
The Apostles didnt leave u in doubt; they openly defined faith as a NO EVIDENCE journey ie no proof yet believeing. That is what a christian tells you when they preach to u and you have a choice to accept or not cos no matter what we tell you we have very little evidence to show you. So if you dont like us or want to be a part of us good for u. And yes some of our brothers may want to defend our master Jesus (just like Peter did when Jesus was almost seized by soldiers) but that shouldnt be your problem.

HOWEVER WHAT I DON'T UNDERSTAND IS YOUR MOTIVE IN WRITING THIS PIECE -TO UNCONVERT CHRISTIANS OR MOCK OUT OF HATE. COS YOU ASKED A QUESTION IN THE POST BUT THIS REMARK OF YOURS I QUOTED SMELLS OF MOCKERY.

But you should know that we are aware we decided to play the fool and acknowledge you as the smart chap. So chill dont take it personal ok just leave christians to their religion wink

1 Like

Re: The Second Coming: A Failed Prophecy??? by OlaoChi: 2:21pm On Jul 26, 2015
malvisguy212:
Reiyvinn
"Truly I say to you, there are some of
those who are standing here who shall not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom." ( Matthew 16:28)

This prophecy was directed to john , The prophecy was actually fulfilled in its
entirety in the late first century. If you
read the book of Revelation, you will see that John, the apostle to whom the
prophecy was directed, saw Jesus coming in His glory to establish His kingdom:
Revelation 21:2
I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem,
coming down out of heaven from God,
prepared as a bride beautifully dressed
for her husband.

This is what the entire book of revelation
describes - the second coming of Jesus
Christ. John saw it all in a vision, as it will
happen. The prophecy was fulfilled! The
prophecy does not say that John would
not die before Christ returned. It said
that he would not die before seeing the
return of Jesus Christ. What is awesome
about the vision reported by John is that
he did not understand what he was
seeing, but reported it as he saw it. As
such, he includes descriptions of a giant
meteor collision with the earth, battles
with mechanized machines that sound
like tanks, and huge armies(200,000,000
men), which would not even be possible
until at least the 20th century.

One problem here is nobody knows who wrote the revelations book.
Some how it just became part of the bible books
Re: The Second Coming: A Failed Prophecy??? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jul 26, 2015
Demigods:

It is obvious you're down with dementia, so no use talking to you, na mellin crew you they, carry oncheesy

Una Cup go full soon.
Mr. Why did u mention me here?
Re: The Second Coming: A Failed Prophecy??? by Bonapart(m): 2:25pm On Jul 26, 2015
Reiyvinn:
Being a Christian is really one hell of a job.

Aside the Church-bound duties required of "true" Christians (which are often quite inconvenient and demanding), one mustn't ignore the emotional, mental and psychological War that goes on in the mind of those one who are quite knowledgable or well versed with the Bible.

Trying hard to resist the doubts they tend to encounter is the order of the day for those who read wide and do lots of research in an aim to either justify or investigate their long-held faith. I was no exception.

Ranging from the bloodstained Old Testament to Scientific ludicrosities, Blatant absurdities to historical flaws, authenticities and many many more, I couldn't help giving Doubt a chance.

About this time last year, I wrote a piece here on Nairaland: Questions That Baffle Me About God
and even though it never made frontpage, I'm glad it had the amount of audience it did.

Now I'm here with something quite troubling; something a logical mind should find really really disturbing.

I remember having a dialogue with a Pastor friend some weeks ago when he was on an outreach preaching about the Second Coming of Christ and why everyone should "mend their ways".

I can't quite remember his reaction when I asked "Don't you think this Jesus is taking too long? Are you sure he's coming at all?"

but I do remember him sarcastically replying me by saying "Uhmm.... Our Lord is warming up his whips for strongheads like you, so chill..."

Well, I chuckled. But then, I needed him to go into his Bible to see for himself why I asked such a question, so I directed him to Mark 13:30 which states:

". . .this generation will by no means pass away until these things happen. . ."
(with "these things" referring to the end time, tribulation and the Second Coming talked about in the preceding verses).

He laughed. "Cheap!" He said.

"You don't understand Greek so you wouldn't know" (hehehehe does he understand Greek? Well.... I wouldn't know either lol)

"The word 'generation' in Greek is 'genea' which Lexicons define as 'people of the same kind' so from Acts 11:26, we can tell whom these people are. They are Christians, which means Christ-like. So Christians will never pass away until the Son comes". He concluded.

That was amazing. Perfect wordplay. However, the context of this passage made it clear that it literally referred to those still alive at the time. He refused; holding still to his explanation. Then I took him to Matthew 16:28 which states:

"Truly I say to you that there are some of those standing here that will not taste death at all until they see the Son of man coming in His Kingdom."
(also found in Mark 9:1; Luke 9:27)

His face didn't look so bright afterwards even though he tried making me take his explanation for an answer and how I needed the Holy Spirit to understand certain passages and so on, it was obvious that he was well aware of these passages and the problems the pose and willingly ignored them for fear of doubt (I once did that too). So he never expected it to be used in a dialogue with him. He obviously didn't research on it the way he should have and that's the same thing most Christians do today. Their fear of doubt has amounted to their fear of knowledge and information and honestly, it's really unfortunate.

Now, back to the passage, we all know that everyone "standing [t]here" are now dead, buried and forgotten (that's assuming Jesus even existed)

So what does that make of the Second Coming? A Failed Prophecy or not?

Let's be honest with ourselves.

Thank you.
not physical death.... op be careful
Re: The Second Coming: A Failed Prophecy??? by Coolbite(m): 2:26pm On Jul 26, 2015
Setaje:
The world will not end. Everything in the bible is allegorical. Do not take each word as dictionary meaning.
Remember: if you believe he will come and he does not come, you have got little or nothing to loss, but on the other hand, if his comin becomes a reality, and He meets you unfit for rapture, what great loss that will be.
Re: The Second Coming: A Failed Prophecy??? by nacaz4real(m): 2:27pm On Jul 26, 2015
My brother i once asked myself all these questions. I studied the bible to a point I started to question the existence of God. Until much later in my life i came to realize so many things we were thought at sunday school were not the truth about God, when i mean God I mean JHWH(CHECK) the one whose name appears more than 7000 times in the Dead Sea manuscripts, you hardly find his name in our modern bibles(I wonder why?!). Well I hope you understood the hebrew book of Genesis and the other 5 books known as the Pentateuch(accredited to to Moses), that book tells us about man's creation and how his trouble started and also the promise JHWH...So many prophets foretold the ''End'', Ezekiel, Daniel, Isaiah, Apostle John and Jesus himself gave insights into the last days. What will happen during the Last Day's? You may wonder. Not to digress from the topic I'll give you an insight but I must tell you something very important, the truth will be made known to those who seek sincerely, the truth is a gift from God(JHWH), keep seeking with a heart of sincerity and as he promised he will show you(1chro28:9, 1pet1:10). The last days as we now know does not mean the end of mankind as depicted in movies. No No No. It is the beginning of a new world under Jesus christ where there would be no more troubles, no tears and no death, the kingdom, a restoration of the lost Adamic life (Da 2:44; 7:13-14, Isa 25:8; 33:24 as foretold by the prophets of old). All governments that we know today will be no more, they will cease to exist(Rev 11:18, Rev 21:1-cool. This is the Good News, that God has been passing down from one generation to another, up till our time. This has come with so much price, as a lot of people have been killed on account of this and this news has been largely infiltrated with lies. To ensure that the truth remains and is not completely destroyed till the day of the last trumpet there have been people chosen by God from each tribe of Israel and in each generation till our time to do this Job, some are dead now(they will surely be resurrected) while some will not see death as they would be transformed during the last trumpet. They are the infamous 144,000 including the apostles. They will rule over the New kingdom with Jesus Christ(Rev 14:1; 5:10, 1Cor 15:51-55, 1Tim 6:15, 2Tim 2:12). The bible goes further to tell us more about these ones that during that day they'll be with you then the next minute they are gone, to the shock of everyone who will be there to witness such an event. I will stop for now, I hope this piece give you a little insight into the future. Keeping seeking and u shall find.
Re: The Second Coming: A Failed Prophecy??? by Tuatara(m): 2:29pm On Jul 26, 2015
Reiyvinn:

Which kind rubbish be this nau?? Una no dey read thread before una comment Shuoo!!

Take time read this thing na, you no be auto-comment robot.

He answered your question scripturally. What else do you want? Remember, even if you have the IQ of Einstein you will never understand the scripture with your human mind. You need the Holy spirit to guide you.

1 Like

Re: The Second Coming: A Failed Prophecy??? by Reference(m): 2:32pm On Jul 26, 2015
Christianity is not a religion but a faith. You donot understand to believe - religion, you believe to understand. That is the difficulty in its apparent simplicity. That is why it appears 'hidden' to men of reason. You cannot 'reason' out things of God. We had lost that understanding ability to Satan in the garden of Eden. To get it back you have to be inhuman, believing what you cannot see.

1 Like

Re: The Second Coming: A Failed Prophecy??? by mrkings84(m): 2:40pm On Jul 26, 2015
mubarakopeyemi:
Prophet Muhammad PBUH even said it that Iesa ibn Maryam. Jesus the son of mary will come back during the end time. He shall come and destroy Al massih AdDajjal (The Messiah Imposter) and he shall spread Islam with Quran and Hadith.

Prophet Jesus's (Peace be upon him) Tasks

Prophet Jesus Peace be upon him will have three
main tasks, when he descends on the Earth for the
second time:
1) The first and most important will be that he will
destroy the Dajjal.
2) Protect the Muslims from the barbarous tribes of
Yajuj and Majuj by taking them to Mount Tur and
then Praying for their (Yajuj and Majuj's) destruction.
3) Reign as a Khalif according to the Quran and
Sunnah and elevate Islam.
Prophet Jesus's (Peace be upon him) descent and
the killing of Masih ad-Dajjal

The Dajjal (anti-christ) having failed to enter the holy city of Madinah will proceed to Syria gathering his forces on the way.
Imaam Mahdi will have arranged the Muslim army
and will be on the verge of leading the Muslims in the morning prayer (Abu Umamah / Ibn Majah) when Prophet Jesus Peace be upon him will descend to the white Minaret (Nawwas-b-Samaan/Muslim) in the east of Damascus, wearing two garments died with saffron, placing his hands on the wings of two angels. All those that are present will recognise him, as he will look exactly like the how the Prophet Muhammad (Peace and blessings be upon him) described Jesus (peace be upon him). Resembling the Sahabi Urwa bin Masood (Abu- Huraira/ Muslim) the colour of his skin will be reddish white (Ibn Abbas/ Bukhari), he will be well built and his hair will be soft and reach his ears. When he lowers his head, beads of perspiration will fall from it and when he raises his head, beads like pearls will scatter from it. (Nawwas-b-Samaan Muslim). Every Kaafir (disbeliever) who smells his sweet breath will die and his breath will reach as far as he can see. On seeing prophet Jesus Peace be upon him, Imaam Mahdi will take a couple of steps backwards so Prophet Jesus Peace be upon him can lead the prayer however Prophet Jesus Peace be upon him will place his hands on the Imaam's shoulder and will say, ''Go forward and lead the prayer as the Iqamah was made for you'' thus Imaam Mahdi will lead the prayer. (Abu Umamah/ Ibne-Majah).
After the prayer Prophet Jesus Peace be upon him
will say, ''Open the gate.'' The gate will be opened
and the Dajjal will be waiting behind it accompanied
by an army of 70,000 Jews, each armed with a sword and shield. The Dajjal on seeing Prophet Jesus Peace be upon him among the Muslims will begin to dissolve like salt in water and will begin to flee.
Prophet JesusPeace be upon him will say to him,
''You will remain alive until I strike you with my
spear.'' He will catch up with him at the Eastern gate
of Ludd (Ludd is a mountain in Syria. Some say that it is a village in Jerusalem, and some say that it is a
village in Palestine) and then Prophet JesusPeace be
upon him will kill him with a small spear.
The Muslims will thereafter defeat and wipe out
Dajjal's army. The Jews will not be able to hide
behind anything on that day. Every time they try to
hide behind a stone, a wall, a tree (except a boxthorn tree), or animal. Allah will make these things speak and they will say, ''O servant of Allah there is a Jew hiding behind me. come kill him.''

The Wisdom in the Descension of Prophet Jesus
(Peace be upon him)

The Ulama of the Ahlus Sunnah w'al-Jama'ah have
given many different reasons in the returning of
Prophet Jesus Peace be upon him to this world or the second time. A few are listed below:

1) The Jews believe that they had killed Prophet Jesus Peace be upon him, Allah will send him before the end of time to prove that they had not killed him and that he is alive. It is he who will kill the Jews and
their leader Dajjal. (Fathul - Bari)

2) Some Ulama have said that Prophet Jesus Peace
be upon him found many virtues of the followers of
Prophet Muhammad Peace and blessings be upon
him in the bible and thus he prayed to Allah to make him amongst the Ummah of Prophet Muhammad Peace and blessings be upon him. Allah answered his prayer and he will return for the second time as one of the followers of Prophet Muhammad Peace and blessings be upon him. (Ibn-Kathir)

3) It is the Law of Allah that anything that is created
from the Earth has to be buried in the Earth and not
the Heavens. Thus he will return to the Earth for the
second time, kill the Dajjal, live for a period of time
and then he will die a natural death and will be
buried with the Prophet Muhammad Peace and
blessings be upon him. (Ashratus-Sa'ah).

SALAM

www.muftisays.com/blog/Seifeddine-M/1035_23-01-2011/return-of-prophet-isa-(jesus).html

Men this thread is escalating to many things
Re: The Second Coming: A Failed Prophecy??? by Layi9: 2:46pm On Jul 26, 2015
BERNIMOORE:
killings in the Bible was not carried out by Christians but the Israelites who were not Christians, neither were Christians directed to kill the way quaran directed Muslims to kill, you can just bring only one verse and let's treat it don't post 2 bible verses for clarity sake can you? Oya now if you get the liver
e be lyk sey u neva read ur own bible oo or u dey read d sweet parts only....both our religions had religious wars....so having d story of such wars portrayed in our religious books is only normal...better go and read about joshua
Re: The Second Coming: A Failed Prophecy??? by ogbonti: 2:48pm On Jul 26, 2015
Jollyjoy:
Op no one can tell,as a matter of fact,most pastors are actually in doubt of the second coming,the few who even tried to defend the second coming failed because of insufficient back up from the bible,but God work in ways men can"t fathom,hence we should try to believe without doubt,let try to put our hope in him because none knows, even pastors are as confused as yhu and i, we keep hearing,the kingdom of God is at hand" but for how long? Since no man know it not,let just believe what we are told and what we read about....

Never doubt the bible, just trust and obey. That same bible said " a thousand years is like a day in the eyes of the Lord" ..... so if Jesus ascended to heaven 2 000 years ago, then that must be 2 days ago in the eyes of our maker. It is not our duty to understand by applying human knowledge, let's just seek his grace... by keeping faith.
Re: The Second Coming: A Failed Prophecy??? by Alphacrissy(m): 2:54pm On Jul 26, 2015
ayoku777:

You know, everytime we say you need the Holy Spirit to understand the bible, athiests and unbelievers always think that is one excuse we christian use to explain away verses we can't rationalize. But it is not! The truth is you honestly do need the Holy Spirit to understand the bible.

Matthew 16v28 -Verily I say unto you, there be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in His kingdom.

Throughout the ministry of Jesus, He preached, "Repent : for the kingdom of God is at hand or near" -(Matthew 4v17, Mark 1v15)

The question then is, If Jesus preached that the kingdom was near, when did the kingdom come?

Daniel 2v44 -And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand forever.

In the days of which kings will the kingdom of God be set up? In the days of the kings of the roman empire.

(Note -The roman empire is the fourth kingdom represented with the legs of iron, and feet of iron with clay). Please read the entire chapter of Daniel 2; to see the dream of Nebuchadnezzar and the interpretation of Daniel.

According to the prophecy of Daniel in his interpretation of the dream of Nebuchadnezzer; the kingdom of God will come and be set up when Jesus rose from the dead. Because Jesus was the stone cut out without hands (Daniel 2v34), that struck the feet of the statue; to set up the kingdom of God that later became a great mountain (Daniel 2v35).

So the kingdom of God came and was set up when Jesus died and rose. The kingdom has come since when Jesus rose. Presently it is still being established in the hearts of men; and in the age to come, it will be established in the earth. But it has come.

So the writers of the scripture did not goof, and Jesus did not make an unfulfilled prophecy when He said;

Verily I say unto you, there be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in His kingdom.

Because those who saw Christ in the flesh after His resurrection, in His glorified incorruptible body; actually "saw the Son of man come in His kingdom". Because at the resurrection of Christ was when the kingdom was set up.

And many people were indeed standing there when Jesus was talking who did not die until they had seen Jesus in the flesh after His resurrection, in His glorified incorruptible body.

1Cor 15v5-8 -And He (Jesus) was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:

After that, He was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.

After that, He was seen of James; then of all the apostles.

Amd last of all He was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time.

Those who had the privilege of seeing the resurrected Christ in the flesh, in His glorified incorruptible body, can be said to have seen the son of man come in His kingdom. Because that was when the kingdom was set up according to Daniel 2

The coming of Christ that will be announced with a shout, the voice of the archangel and the trump of God; is actually when the kingdom will be phyically established on the earth and Jesus will be bodily enthroned on the earth. But that is not when the kingdom came, the kingdom came at His resurrection.

When people don't know how to interprete the scriptures, they say Jesus goofed, or that the writers made a mistake. That's not true. You really do need the Holy Spirit.

God bless.
But you should have given a clear interpretation of the verse as inspired by the holy spirit since you seem to have that holy spirit who has to assist you to comprehend simple English

1 Like

Re: The Second Coming: A Failed Prophecy??? by OlaoChi: 2:56pm On Jul 26, 2015
mrkings84:
So Mr OP whose side are u currently? YA, u ve been able to let me understand that u are a fall out and backslid Christian. Is it this doubt of his coming that made u back slid? Whatever the case shall, I want u to understand that d son of man cometh in a day no man knows. Jesus said, "Behold I come quickly" yes, as quickly as possible I will say, cos a thousand days is as a day b4 God (if at all u believe there's God)

Just as d prodigal son realise himself and returned to his father, who welcome him back, so is God waiting for every back slider including u. May God help you.

But why does God require you to believe something senseless and unproven? You know that's delusion
Re: The Second Coming: A Failed Prophecy??? by OlaoChi: 2:58pm On Jul 26, 2015
Snipes009:
Whenever you are in doubt or have a question about your "religion", pick up a Quran. Your answer is boldly stated there. Thanks

The Quran that said the sun rests in a pond?
Re: The Second Coming: A Failed Prophecy??? by sheyihandsy(m): 2:59pm On Jul 26, 2015
Fvck religion. Why do u av to take parcetamol for headache? Why don't u jez go down on ur knees and pray? What comes first between a chicken and an egg? Is the only question that makes me know there's a first causer which is the creator. I don't know who that is, a man or or woman? Me don't know. Which is the true religion? Forget holy spirit for now abeg.
Re: The Second Coming: A Failed Prophecy??? by bashsani(m): 2:59pm On Jul 26, 2015
nacaz4real:
My brother i once asked myself all these questions. I studied the bible to a point I started to question the existence of God. Until much later in my life i came to realize so many things we were thought at sunday school were not the truth about God, when i mean God I mean JHWH(CHECK) the one whose name appears more than 7000 times in the Dead Sea manuscripts, you hardly find his name in our modern bibles(I wonder why?!). Well I hope you understood the hebrew book of Genesis and the other 5 books known as the Pentateuch(accredited to to Moses), that book tells us about man's creation and how his trouble started and also the promise JHWH...So many prophets foretold the ''End'', Ezekiel, Daniel, Isaiah, Apostle John and Jesus himself gave insights into the last days. What will happen during the Last Day's? You may wonder. Not to digress from the topic I'll give you an insight but I must tell you something very important, the truth will be made known to those who seek sincerely, the truth is a gift from God(JHWH), keep seeking with a heart of sincerity and as he promised he will show you(1chro28:9, 1pet1:10). The last days as we now know does not mean the end of mankind as depicted in movies. No No No. It is the beginning of a new world under Jesus christ where there would be no more troubles, no tears and no death, the kingdom, a restoration of the lost Adamic life (Da 2:44; 7:13-14, Isa 25:8; 33:24 as foretold by the prophets of old). All governments that we know today will be no more, they will cease to exist(Rev 11:18, Rev 21:1-cool. This is the Good News, that God has been passing down from one generation to another, up till our time. This has come with so much price, as a lot of people have been killed on account of this and this news has been largely infiltrated with lies. To ensure that the truth remains and is not completely destroyed till the day of the last trumpet there have been people chosen by God from each tribe of Israel and in each generation till our time to do this Job, some are dead now(they will surely be resurrected) while some will not see death as they would be transformed during the last trumpet. They are the infamous 144,000 including the apostles. They will rule over the New kingdom with Jesus Christ(Rev 14:1; 5:10, 1Cor 15:51-55, 1Tim 6:15, 2Tim 2:12). The bible goes further to tell us more about these ones that during that day they'll be with you then the next minute they are gone, to the shock of everyone who will be there to witness such an event. I will stop for now, I hope this piece give you a little insight into the future. Keeping seeking and u shall find.
while doing that just investigate through the quran ND u shall see it just the continuation of the bible ND has no any othr author but God himself the return of Jesus also hinted
Re: The Second Coming: A Failed Prophecy??? by smooooooth: 2:59pm On Jul 26, 2015
Op in pointing you in the right direction, i will say you do a research on what the ''kingdom of God"" truly means before you interprete the passage as you have done. For i tell you some of those who were standing there that day did see the kingdom of God before they slept.
Re: The Second Coming: A Failed Prophecy??? by OlaoChi: 3:00pm On Jul 26, 2015
Aspiregreat:

It's people like you that's Delaying his coming....Being A merciful God he would't like you to join your forrunners in Hell rotting away for eternity.........

THERE'S STILL TIME TO CHANG!

So we mere humans are now disrupting God's plans?
The same merciful god that let's countless children suffer daily

1 Like

Re: The Second Coming: A Failed Prophecy??? by shagking: 3:04pm On Jul 26, 2015
Explain Matthew 16:28 about some not dying until they see the kingdom. The verses following show that Jesus took three disciples up on a high mountain and was transfigured before them. This was a taste of the second coming of Christ. He was glorified with Moses and Elijah.
Re: The Second Coming: A Failed Prophecy??? by bezimo(m): 3:04pm On Jul 26, 2015
Gods word CANNOT lie irrespective of what the op thinks. If he hasnt come now, it doesnt mean he wont come. I know we are in the last minutes of the last days. Jesus spoke in Revelation that "Behold I come quickly" Rev 3:11b. So that he's tarrying is only giving folks time to repent before the great judgement day of No mercy.
And you can do nothing against the truth but for the truth.2 Cor 13:8
A revered man of God said "Its either Jesus comes or you go to meet him at death" Either ways you MUST meet him.
Re: The Second Coming: A Failed Prophecy??? by malvisguy212: 3:05pm On Jul 26, 2015
OlaoChi:

One problem here is nobody knows who wrote the revelations book.
Some how it just became part of the bible books
Revelation 1:1-3
The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which
God gave unto him, to show unto his
servants things which must shortly
come to pass; and he sent and
signified it by his angel unto his
servant JOHN: Who bare RECOED OF THE WORD OF GOD, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw. Blessed is he that READETH , and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are WRITTEN therein: for the time is at hand.
Re: The Second Coming: A Failed Prophecy??? by Horlufemi(m): 3:09pm On Jul 26, 2015
Jesus is coming and his coming is tied around Israel and nuclear war.

According to Daniel's prophecy 4 great kingdoms have cone and gone.

The new kingdom is where we are now. the end of this kingdom is the coming of Christ.
Re: The Second Coming: A Failed Prophecy??? by OlaoChi: 3:10pm On Jul 26, 2015
malvisguy212:

Revelation 1:1-3
The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which
God gave unto him, to show unto his
servants things which must shortly
come to pass; and he sent and
signified it by his angel unto his
servant JOHN: Who bare RECOED OF THE WORD OF GOD, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw. Blessed is he that READETH , and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are WRITTEN therein: for the time is at hand.

An unknown John bro. ..an unknown John

Just like Matthew, and The gospel of John were written by unknown authors

It's like they say Christians make horrible researchers of knowledge and information
Re: The Second Coming: A Failed Prophecy??? by hahn(m): 3:12pm On Jul 26, 2015
5minsmadness:

What's with u and alcohol this morning? Did u drink Chelsea dry gin? grin

I'm only thirsty grin
Re: The Second Coming: A Failed Prophecy??? by malvisguy212: 3:13pm On Jul 26, 2015
OlaoChi:

An unknown John bro. ..an unknown John

Just like Matthew, and The gospel of John were written by unknown authors

It's like they say Christians make horrible researchers of knowledge and information
provide your proof, john did not write the book of revelation? Bring it let see which site brainwashed you.
Re: The Second Coming: A Failed Prophecy??? by calculator123(m): 3:17pm On Jul 26, 2015
MrPresident:
there was never a jesus, christianity is a scam.

invented by paul who suffered an epileptic seizure when he fell from a horse on his way to damascus.

epilepsy is known to cause severe psychiatric disorders such as abnormal mental vision and illusory perceptions
hw did u knw all this....
Re: The Second Coming: A Failed Prophecy??? by ohzee(f): 3:25pm On Jul 26, 2015
Trying to understand every line of the bible LITERALLY doesn't work. It's not a textbook.
Reading with faith and the guidance of the Holy Spirit is what brings true understanding.
@op we Christians may not always make sense with our beliefs but we know them to be true because of the power we experience in our daily walk.
Re: The Second Coming: A Failed Prophecy??? by Layi9: 3:31pm On Jul 26, 2015
OlaoChi:

The Quran that said the sun rests in a pond?
where u see dat one?.... only one ave seen is about a scientific fact of the solar apex..the sun has a resting place
Re: The Second Coming: A Failed Prophecy??? by ben1daEbiri(m): 3:34pm On Jul 26, 2015
emmyrichie:
Verily!! I say onto thee. The Son of God will surely come, definitely but maybe not today.

Most times I'm forced to think that the anger of God on the last day will be too much, that's why Jesus hasn't come yet despite all these disgusting atrocities of gay marriages, in breeding, ritual killings, insurgency etc.

Another thing is man's unquenchable thirst for knowledge and adaptation. E.g seeking for ways to make other neighbouring planets habitat-able.

Perhaps, he intrigued by man's effort to adapt or devising other ways through which he will make those quests fruitless.

And what about the innocent kids, babies and countable good people? Perhaps, we are enjoying their graces.

Maybe we re in the last phase which is also known as the grace period. Who knows?
God is putting final touches (garnishing) for the last day,i tell you,it will be terrible

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Pastor Transforms A Madman Into A Responsible Figure (Photos) / Man Sentenced To Death In Pakistan, 'I Don't Follow Anyone Other Than Jesus' / Photos Of 'Jesus Soap' That "Washes Sins Away"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.