Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,748 members, 7,824,154 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra (13329 Views)

Buhari Not Coming Back, Stand In The Way Of Biafra & Be Destroyed - Nnamdi Kanu / See What Igbos Are Saying About Olisa Metuh In Handcuffs, Will Shock You / Nnamdi Kanu Says: Biafra Is Igbos' Religion. Igbos Would Only Make Heaven Thru B (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by viruz007(m): 5:09pm On Jul 21, 2015
cheruv:

Where it is doesn't bother me..The descendants of the Great Jaja that sit on the throne of Opobo together with the people of Opobo know they're IGBOS and nothing would change that.
Jaja as a real Igbo son would be immortalized on our currency while his descendant sitting on the throne would be the Grand Marquis of the seas.
Opobo is our seaboard in addition to being the HQs of our Navy tongue

Everyone is allowed to dream, even children dream
Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by IGBOSON1: 5:10pm On Jul 21, 2015
viruz007:
This thing is simple. Biafrans should know by now that Edo, Delta, Bayelsa, Rivers, Akwa Ibom and Cross Rivers state would not join them.

The states that want to form Biafra are landlocked with no access to the sea.. So pray tell for the person who said Enugu has oil abi gas and the gas in Imo, how would u transport it out? U think Nigeria would give u access to run pipelines? How would you do your import and export business when you don't have access to the ports/sea? Unless you want to fly your 40ft containers via cargo plane..

Oh well

^^^Quit acting daft!

Have you conducted a referendum in Delta, Bayelsa, Rivers, Akwa Ibom and Cross Rivers states to say definitively that they will not join Biafra?

When you talk of Igboland are you limiting its territory to just the 5 South Eastern states that the Hausa/Fulani and their Yoruba friends 'kindly' delineated for our benefit in 1966? You do realize Igboland extends to Rivers and Delta states?

What makes you think the likes of the Ijaw, Efik/Ibibio/Annang, Ogoni, etc, if they refuse to join Biafra, will want to remain with Nigeria after seeing their Igbo neighbours leave? This is just to deflate your evil prayer/plans that Ndigbo will be landlocked and have to depend on *Nigeria (*read the usual Igbo haters in the north and their southern allies who i'm sure would do everything to frustrate us economically out of sheer jealously and wickedness)! You actually think they'd be comfortable being compatriots with wicked and greedy people who only see them good for the resources their land provides and not good enough to be President!

Oh, and as for Edo state.....you can keep them!

12 Likes

Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by ezeagu(m): 5:26pm On Jul 21, 2015
It mainly has to do with the execution of projects and the general trajectory of the country. I'm not absolute, but I think if there were a referendum at least some parts of Rivers State would be part of a breakaway state.

It's funny because there was somebody claiming to be Ijaw here and even had Ijaw in their name and were openly anti-Igbo. I replied the person in a little Ijaw, and I haven't seen the person posting since. Looking at movements like the Lower Niger Congress or something like that, there's at least some kind of reception to secession in the Niger Delta and Cross River communities.

I've seen this map around and I believe it would be in the best interest of the communities to have their own countries in a federation:

There are a host of other things that can keep a country afloat which I'll go into in the next post.

6 Likes

Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by ezeagu(m): 5:58pm On Jul 21, 2015
Somebody was talking about lending problems, which is strange because the east is crammed with economic centers, including Onitsha, Aba, Port Harcourt (or Ugwu Ocha), Nnewi and some other lesser economic centers like Enugu, Uyo, Calabar, Owere. The problem with Greece was people not paying tax, and they hardly have any natural resources. The east has oil, gas, coal, bauxite, and there's potential to expand agriculture including palm oil (used in everything now) and other agricultural products the east is not lacking. People on the coasts and delta areas have hardly been given a chance to create proper fishing industries which is why foreigners from Europe, Japan and other regions come and steal fish of West African shores.

Many of the natural resources have scarcely been touched and there are even other places that haven't been officially noted. Other countries that have failed to stand on their did not have this potential. The human potential I haven't even touched on, with the most densely populated area in Africa after Egypt and a young population, giving proper policing and incentive to get into 'nation building', the area could be a haven for telecommunication company's and call centers, especially with English being a widely used language, and there's other potential for different manufacturing industries, some that are just budding in the area, like car assembly/manufacturing, computer manufacturing, textiles and co.

Talking about manufacturing industries, just stabilising electricity alone, properly dredging the Niger and adding a proper port to Onitsha (and Asaba) would boost the already great manufacturing industries in Nnewi and the general area. Aba would improve with a proper link to Opobo and the Ibaka port. But just thinking about this, I can't really see how any of these places can be separated, it's my view that they need to be in the same country. I recently posted an article about Tinapa, and even the local Cross River people were enthusiastic about Igbo businessmen patronising the place.

Anyway. There's massive tourism potential in places like Bonny and Calabar and the whole Bight of Biafra coast in general because of it's clear sandy beaches and its history/culture/welcoming people.

Lastly, the people themselves are not lacking in innovation, these were the guys who sustained a country under fire from all sides for three years while creating their own armoured cars, arms, assembling tanks, building shelter, refining crude oil and so on. I don't think there's trouble on that side. What I think may be tricky would be to tax them and to create a climate that becomes stable so that borrowing would be reduced (because, yes a lot of borrowing may be needed) and investment, including the billions in the diaspora, can feel confident.

7 Likes

Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by backtosender: 6:17pm On Jul 21, 2015
johnydon22:
Ok seriously i have only few concerns here...

Igbos seccession (Good or bad for the igbos)

How is that now giving non-igbos more concern than igbos themselves

Why do non-igbos think about biafra more than igbos

why is biafra like a thorn in the flesh of non-igbos that are supposed not to be concerned

If biafra turns out bad, isn't that supposed to be the problems of biafrans, why are you all worried about it

why are non-igbos worried, afraid and angry that igbos want to seccede

As a matter of fact, if the west or north wanted to seccede, the igbo man would not even be concerned or worried or debate them not to or criticize them.
Because frankly they know how to mind their business and focus on what concerns them......... So why are you guys more concerned about biafra than igbos

p.s: Am not a stark pro biafra but at least i know when people should mind their business
Honestly never seen hypocrisy like this before....why will you worry about Biafrans welfare like Biafrans cannot cater for themselves i just find them funny..if you dont like someone your prayer should be for them to leave not asking them how they will run their own country as if you are talking to dummies or babies funny people.

4 Likes

Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by cheruv: 6:41pm On Jul 21, 2015
viruz007:

Everyone is allowed to dream, even children dream
When you see planes conduct precision strikes on military facilities and something resembling the Tet offensive unfolding on TV,know that the time is near..

3 Likes

Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jul 21, 2015
Lanceslot:
The same thing that is happening to their multi billion naira structures in Ghana, Togo, Benin and other places.

Yes, they pay the "foreigners price" in those countries. Now it would even aggravate to a "bitter" host.

My advise to you lot: get something better to with your lives rather than waste your time on the Internet fighting a cause no cares about. Or better still, go and act I'm the real world to free your people from this "Zoo".

Cc: Johnnydon22
Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by Lanceslot(m): 7:02pm On Jul 21, 2015
theAtheist101:

Yes, they pay the "foreigners price" in those countries. Now it would even aggravate to a "bitter" host.

My advise to you lot: get something better to with your lives rather than waste your time on the Internet fighting a cause no cares about. Or better still, go and act I'm the real world to free your people from this "Zoo".

Once they pay the so called "foreign price" there will be nothing like "bitter host".

Bro you can't force a visitor to stay in your house forever. This people want to go so allow them to go peacefully since you don't need them any longer.

3 Likes

Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by EasternLion: 7:06pm On Jul 21, 2015
DoctorMcgruff:
if secession happens why wont Niger Delta Break away and form its own republic? I like Igbos but as an Ekoi, the one thing tha comes to mind is "majority rule/minority rights" will minorities really get their rights? What stops Cross River from breaking away and forming its own?

Biafra stands for freedom, never for oppression, it stands for correction of marginalization , not the opposite.

As 100% Resource control is our goals from get go, same as regionalism, I don't see how anyone will marginalize each other

There will be no minority in Biafraland.

1 Like

Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by WilyWily: 7:15pm On Jul 21, 2015
DoctorMcgruff:
if secession happens why wont Niger Delta Break away and form its own republic? I like Igbos but as an Ekoi, the one thing tha comes to mind is "majority rule/minority rights" will minorities really get their rights? What stops Cross River from breaking away and forming its own?
u hav de right to decide your own destiny
Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by Intrepid01(m): 7:24pm On Jul 21, 2015
crixtex:
I believe d igbos would not allow Islam too..

So u mean Igbos will not be tolerant in the Biafra republic. U see, its still the same old wine in a new bottle...........rotfl
Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by johnydon22(m): 7:26pm On Jul 21, 2015
theAtheist101:

I am not pro biafra. . . search for my thread "The irony and reality of one Nigeria" i am of the One Nigeria Opinion.

I just find the rate people concern themselves with the biafra issue that supposed to be igbo problem very hypocritic. . You say they should get something better doing with their lives, why don't you leave them to it and also get on with yours like you don't care, unless you do

5 Likes

Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jul 21, 2015
Intrepid01:

So u mean Igbos will not be tolerant in the Biafra republic. U see, its still the same old wine in a new bottle...........rotfl
Lol
Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by carnegiefan: 7:33pm On Jul 21, 2015
ezeagu:
Somebody was talking about lending problems, which is strange because the east is crammed with economic centers, including Onitsha, Aba, Port Harcourt (or Ugwu Ocha), Nnewi and some other lesser economic centers like Enugu, Uyo, Calabar, Owere. The problem with Greece was people not paying tax, and they hardly have any natural resources. The east has oil, gas, coal, bauxite, and there's potential to expand agriculture including palm oil (used in everything now) and other agricultural products the east is not lacking. People on the coasts and delta areas have hardly been given a chance to create proper fishing industries which is why foreigners from Europe, Japan and other regions come and steal fish of West African shores.

Many of the natural resources have scarcely been touched and there are even other places that haven't been officially noted. Other countries that have failed to stand on their did not have this potential. The human potential I haven't even touched on, with the most densely populated area in Africa after Egypt and a young population, giving proper policing and incentive to get into 'nation building', the area could be a haven for telecommunication company's and call centers, especially with English being a widely used language, and there's other potential for different manufacturing industries, some that are just budding in the area, like car assembly/manufacturing, computer manufacturing, textiles and co.

Talking about manufacturing industries, just stabilising electricity alone, properly dredging the Niger and adding a proper port to Onitsha (and Asaba) would boost the already great manufacturing industries in Nnewi and the general area. Aba would improve with a proper link to Opobo and the Ibaka port. But just thinking about this, I can't really see how any of these places can be separated, it's my view that they need to be in the same country. I recently posted an article about Tinapa, and even the local Cross River people were enthusiastic about Igbo businessmen patronising the place.

Anyway. There's massive tourism potential in places like Bonny and Calabar and the whole Bight of Biafra coast in general because of it's clear sandy beaches and its history/culture/welcoming people.

Lastly, the people themselves are not lacking in innovation, these were the guys who sustained a country under fire from all sides for three years while creating their own armoured cars, arms, assembling tanks, building shelter, refining crude oil and so on. I don't think there's trouble on that side. What I think may be tricky would be to tax them and to create a climate that becomes stable so that borrowing would be reduced (because, yes a lot of borrowing may be needed) and investment, including the billions in the diaspora, can feel confident.

Simply brilliant.

4 Likes

Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by viruz007(m): 7:36pm On Jul 21, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^Quit acting daft!

Have you conducted a referendum in Delta, Bayelsa, Rivers, Akwa Ibom and Cross Rivers states to say definitively that they will not join Biafra?

When you talk of Igboland are you limiting its territory to just the 5 South Eastern states that the Hausa/Fulani and their Yoruba friends 'kindly' delineated for our benefit in 1966? You do realize Igboland extends to Rivers and Delta states?

What makes you think the likes of the Ijaw, Efik/Ibibio/Annang, Ogoni, etc, if they refuse to join Biafra, will want to remain with Nigeria after seeing their Igbo neighbours leave? This is just to deflate your evil prayer/plans that Ndigbo will be landlocked and have to depend on *Nigeria (*read the usual Igbo haters in the north and their southern allies who i'm sure would do everything to frustrate us economically out of sheer jealously and wickedness)! You actually think they'd be comfortable being compatriots with wicked and greedy people who only see them good for the resources their land provides and not good enough to be President!

The bolded, were where dey in the last war? Did they not betray Biafra? As to whether or not if they would join, keep on dreaming like self centredness would let them agree. When everyone is trying to get his share of power? Brother/Sister please... Tell me something I don't know. If you feel they would join you, why is that many of the houses Igbos had in Rivers State, they have been unable to get it back?

Let's call a spade a spade. Biafra won't work!!! Why?

1. There's no true leader or idealist pushing the cause and don't even mention Kalu cuz that one na terrorist
2. Nigeria was never ready for democracy talk more a new country where everyone is speaking a different language.

Anyways my opinion and am entitled to it. If you don't like it, remember everyone has an asshole. Cheers
Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by Intrepid01(m): 7:42pm On Jul 21, 2015
Hehehehe wonders shall never end. My people perish because they lack knowledge, wisdom and understanding.

I have read responses from the first page to the last page and I cant stop laughing about peoples responses.

Both the Biafrans and the non-biafrans have appeared funny in their responses.

None of the people passing comments here on Nairaland about the policies of the Government of Biafra will even be part of the decision making process.

The present day politicians cum looters e.g Orji Uzo Kalu, Nnamani etc will still be in charge of Biafra. My point is If you are not getting it right now in Nigeria, I bet you wont get it right anywhere. Stop looking for excuses, challenge your leaders to get it right here in Nigeria as an experiment first before dreaming of Biafra.
Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by carnegiefan: 7:53pm On Jul 21, 2015
viruz007:

The bolded, were where dey in the last war? Did they not betray Biafra? As to whether or not if they would join, keep on dreaming like self centredness would let them agree. When everyone is trying to get his share of power? Brother/Sister please... Tell me something I don't know. If you feel they would join you, why is that many of the houses Igbos had in Rivers State, they have been unable to get it back?

1. There's no true leader or idealist pushing the cause and don't even mention Kalu cuz that one na terrorist
2. Nigeria was never ready for democracy talk more a new country where everyone is speaking a different language.

Anyways my opinion and am entitled to it. If you don't like it, remember everyone has an asshole. Cheers

Well, the difference is that in the 48 years that followed the war, key sons of the "Niger delta" (like Adaka Boro and Ken Saro wiwa) were killed by the same Nigeria they fought for. Jonathan, another "Niger delta" son was humiliated out of office by a gang up from the same "One Nigeria" -the only incumbent civilian president to have lost an election in the history of Nigeria. Only a totally brain dead person from that sub-region would stay with you in Nigeria than leave with their blood brothers from Igbo land, 'cos mark this down, the Igbo are definitely leaving Nigeria.

As for the "abandoned property" in Rivers, most of them have since been returned except the one that the ownership can't be easily verified. There is more support for radio Biafra in Rivers state than in "upland" parts of Biafra. Tune in to radio Biafra, you might learn something new.

Finally, in Biafra, there will be 100% resource control and ownership of mineral resources by LOCAL COMMUNITIES.
That can NEVER happen in Nigeria.
The choice is between total freedom, and outright slavery.
The choice is between night and day.
The choice is easy, very easy!

6 Likes

Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by Intrepid01(m): 7:56pm On Jul 21, 2015
ezeagu:

My Brother your analysis so on point shey? loool, I laff in Ibo.

Listen, your analysis is so Nigerian, talking about what you would like it to be but not what it will. If you are so sure of all that you have highlighted and if its that easy has you have enumerated. Please why are these things not working now. Since 1999 at least Eastern states have been having Governors but yet nothing has happened. Or are the Governors not Biafrans like you?

I have said it before, Igbos should man up and stop looking for excuses for failure. Throughout GEJ's tenure there was no cry for Biafra, but after he lost we started hearing Biafra Biafra Biafra.

And lastly on ur statement on Greece, pls you aint right. Greece's failure wasn't due to non-payment of tax. you can read more on these sites...marketwatch.com and mfs.com to know more.
How do I know, maybe cos I follow the happenings going on there minute by minute cos it affects the stock market directly; my primary baby at work
Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jul 21, 2015
Lanceslot:
Once they pay the so called foreign price there like be nothing like "bitter host".

Bro you can't force a visitor to stay in your house forever. This people want to go so allow them to go peacefully since you don't need them any longer.

Which people? Talk for yourself alone! I have Igbo friends and a boss that doesn't give a thought to your Biafra. All are busy struggling to make ends meet. But you people on this forum to me seems jobless, all you do is make useless treats that doesn't move a physical thing. I still stand my earlier statement: get something better to do with your time and Mb. Nigeria is one either you like it or not. Ghana is not far, you know.
Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by carnegiefan: 8:01pm On Jul 21, 2015
Intrepid01:
Hehehehe wonders shall never end. My people perish because they lack knowledge, wisdom and understanding.

I have read responses from the first page to the last page and I cant stop laughing about peoples responses.

Both the Biafrans and the non-biafrans have appeared funny in their responses.

None of the people passing comments here on Nairaland about the policies of the Government of Biafra will even be part of the decision making process.

The present day politicians cum looters e.g Orji Uzo Kalu, Nnamani etc will still be in charge of Biafra. My point is If you are not getting it right now in Nigeria, I bet you wont get it right anywhere. Stop looking for excuses, challenge your leaders to get it right here in Nigeria as an experiment first before dreaming of Biafra.

No, you still don't get it.
Let me give you an example:

Nigeria spends MILLIONS of dollars to bring electronic communication (eg radio and TV) to local Nigerian audience.
The IPOB spends about 1% of that to bring Biafra information to WORLDWIDE audience.

Nigeria uses imported technology to try to jam radio Biafra, but FAILED.
IPOB uses LOCAL BIAFRAN technology to hop frequencies and piggy-back between frequencies to defeat wasted millions of dollars spend to buy those jammers.

In total truth, the difference between Biafra and Nigeria is literally like that between light and darkness.

To even compare both is to be disingenuous.

A fully emerged Biafra can only be compared to Israel in the middle east among those clueless Arab states. grin

5 Likes

Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jul 21, 2015
johnydon22:
I am not pro biafra. . . search for my thread "The irony and reality of one Nigeria" i am of the One Nigeria Opinion.

I just find the rate people concern themselves with the biafra issue that supposed to be igbo problem very hypocritic. . You say they should get something better doing with their lives, why don't you leave them to it and also get on with yours like you don't care, unless you do

Because what they do might influence someone who is unstable to do something that is not proper. Just last month a white American killed black christians in the church, misguided statements of people on this website mold people like him.

New bigots are being molded on this thread and I don't have to tell you the resultant of that.

There far better ways you guys can achieve your Biafra, but inciting hatred is just way wrong.
Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by Intrepid01(m): 8:09pm On Jul 21, 2015
carnegiefan:

No, you still don't get it.
Let me give you an example:

Nigeria spends MILLIONS of dollars to bring electronic communication (eg radio and TV) to local Nigerian audience.
The IPOB spends about 1% of that to bring Biafra information to WORLDWIDE audience.

Nigeria uses imported technology to try to jam radio Biafra, but FAILED.
IPOB uses LOCAL BIAFRAN technology to hop frequencies and piggy-back between frequencies to defeat wasted millions of dollars spend to buy those jammers.

In total truth, the difference between Biafra and Nigeria is literally like that between light and darkness.

To even compare both is to be disingenuous.

A fully emerged Biafran can only be compared to Israel in the middle east among those clueless Arab states. grin

Chaii, sometimes I wish to discuss with people who can be factual for once rather than wishful.

You said nothing about the looters I mentioned and their similarities with the present day Nigeria. Yet you delved in to another fantacy. I love and respect the Ibos for their innate commercial prowess. But the only problem is you hate and don't tell yourself the truth. When the truth appears, you quickly rush to play the victim.
Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by carnegiefan: 8:15pm On Jul 21, 2015
Intrepid01:

Chaii, sometimes I wish to discuss with people who can be factual for once rather than wishful.

You said nothing about the looters I mentioned and their similarities with the present day Nigeria. Yet you delved in to another fantacy. I love and respect the Ibos for their innate commercial prowess. But the only problem is you hate and don't tell yourself the truth. When the truth appears, you quickly rush to play the victim.

I'm sorry I forgot I have to break things down for everyone to understand me. I speak in higher language most times. grin
Err, those Nigerian politicians are NOT in IPOB, are they? Answer is NO.
Go and study IPOB because they will lay the foundations of Biafra. No chance for anything Nigerian in it.
In fact they may outright disqualify anyone that ever held any position in Nigeria, except the INCORRUPTIBLE few. cool
Since IPOB is a liberation movement, they know just how to do that.

1 Like

Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by darfay: 8:53pm On Jul 21, 2015
chuna1985:

Biafra causing earthquake in yoruba land since 1245 BC
foolishness in high places oghene tae gboja kowe!!!!!
Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by Mckennedy: 9:08pm On Jul 21, 2015
DaBullIT:
This is a rude truth

Accept it or not , its your own cup of hot monkey tail

1 (a) There will not be peace, This is not a curse or a spell, but we know Niger Deltas want the oil well , So does SS and SE , before they come to their senses , they will fight and terrorize each other

(b) They will fight over land , borders and land will cause disputes and they'll go to war , since Igbo is quite different from Idoma, Ijaw e.t.c.

2 Economy will collapse , Forming and running a country is not automated,It takes some time for a country to be recognized after secession , meaning there'll be no trade of the beloved crude oil , no trade means no revenue , I doubt there's any plan in place for structures, public offices , civil servants e.t.c , Non payment of Salary of former Nigerians for months will cause a lot of trouble for the new government and there will be breakdown of law and order

3 If they manage to keep the country afloat , there's still the issue of sharing formula between the states , Democratic elections will cause gbege since the same set of corrupt public holders are the ones who would be running the country and everyone will want to grab a handful

4 Since there's discord between them already , it begs the question which ethnic region will be the first to lead the country

5 A new country with no support is vulnerable to attacks and invasion from other countries , Insurgency and massob touts can not face a real army or protect their borders in the event of an attack

6 With so much hate and anger left behind by the secession , Goods and services that pass through what's left of Nigeria will be heavily taxed making business more frustrating for almost every one . Nigeria stopped food from getting to you once, your land can't be at it's best which means you'll import basic food crops , heavily taxed food = very expensive food , which citizens won't be able to afford

7 There'll be mass deportation and witch hunting of any Biafran Left in what's left of Nigeria , when the jobless meets the desperate , crime rate increases, with starvation and more desperation, it gets worse , You'll probably be charged heavily to return to Nigeria having to pay for housing , water, electricity , security , and discrimination before getting a job .

In summary , the land becomes a ruin, which will probably mean more petroleum for Nigeria in another million years or so he he he grin grin grin

6&7 credit to kyase

why worry
Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by tonychristopher: 9:11pm On Jul 21, 2015
Mckennedy:

why worry

I am just worried why visitors cry more than bereaved
Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by tonychristopher: 9:15pm On Jul 21, 2015
MightySparrow:

Stronger economy for whom since igbo claim to be richest and bought every where in Nigeria and why are igbo not having peace in the now Nigeria?

having peace is difference

Ireland and Catalonia have peace but they want freedom from UK and Spain
Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by tonychristopher: 9:19pm On Jul 21, 2015
Intrepid01:

My Brother your analysis so on point shey? loool, I laff in Ibo.

Listen, your analysis is so Nigerian, talking about what you would like it to be but not what it will. If you are so sure of all that you have highlighted and if its that easy has you have enumerated. Please why are these things not working now. Since 1999 at least Eastern states have been having Governors but yet nothing has happened. Or are the Governors not Biafrans like you?

I have said it before, Igbos should man up and stop looking for excuses for failure. Throughout GEJ's tenure there was no cry for Biafra, but after he lost we started hearing Biafra Biafra Biafra.

And lastly on ur statement on Greece, pls you aint right. Greece's failure wasn't due to non-payment of tax. you can read more on these sites...marketwatch.com and mfs.com to know more.
How do I know, maybe cos I follow the happenings going on there minute by minute cos it affects the stock market directly; my primary baby at work
your wrong
if we can exchange notes . tell me your tribe let's compare

Igbo are the most successful ethnic group economically educationally and technologically even after the war if you doubt it

tell me your tribe let's compare pls

Igbo have never been associate d failure

1 Like

Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by Mckennedy: 9:19pm On Jul 21, 2015
ITbomb:
They will display worst born to rule tendencies and would be oppressing the minority groups and undermining them.
They will claim the oil and without Igbo surname no job for you in Biafra National Oil Company.
If the SS do not agree to their demand, they will start a systematic genocide to claim all lands.

God forbid Biafra with the SS until they learn to respect other ethnicity and language

You're crying already.
Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by tonychristopher: 9:20pm On Jul 21, 2015
viruz007:

why do you feel bad that Biafra is in offing
why afraid
Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by tonychristopher: 9:25pm On Jul 21, 2015
darfay:

Where u guys gonna get d money 2 build an economy from.
None of ur state has an igr of 3billion monthly, nxt 2 no oil reserves nd close 2 nothing or currently not much from fed allocation at the moment.
Being a landlocked territory ur goods gonna pass tru naija since u hav no ports, our customs are gonna tax u 3x more frustrating ur buiz men forcing outta buisness leaving u guys cash strap as broke as osun nd in no tym u gonna b running 2 IMF,world bank,chinese bank 4 loan and when u can't pay back CNN,BBC et Al are gonna b lyk "africa newest nation worse Dan Greece" anoda failed imf loan deal, 1 biafran dollar equals 1000dollars .+ d massive deportation of biafrans from naija + high crime rate due lack of employment etc
Sorry I guess I just did a 15-20 yrs economic analysis of an independent biafra something nnamdi kalu never bothered 2 do and it ain't so green.

do u know the countries in Europe that have the best economy ? let me teach you

they are Luxembourg and Switzerland

guess what ?

they are landlocked and have know oil

what makes a country is not oil but human capacity and that is most important

who is talking about oil today in ICT world ..bro wake up this is not industrial revolution but ICT revolution

so drink the oil

do Japan China have oil

remember there is ugutaake there us river nuger and they are very navigable

bring another negativity

1 Like

Re: What Igbos Would Do Differently In Republic Of Biafra by tonychristopher: 9:30pm On Jul 21, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^Quit acting daft!

did you tell him that we have Igbo in edo state ..did you tell him that we have always ibom and criss river as cousin did you tell him that bonny island and opobo speaks Igbo did you tell him that efiks have never forgotten Nigerian betrayal of bakkassi their brother ..did you tell him that we marry south south and they marry us ..did you tell him we have language similarities and nuaces ..did you tell him why are they scared of Igbo when they want to stay in Nigeria and when they want to leave

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Wike Rebuilds INEC Office In Khana LGA That Was Burnt During Rivers Rerun / Agbaje, Doherty Battle For Lagos PDP Governorship Ticket / Nigerian Army To Extend ‘operation Positive Identification’ Nationwide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.